PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Report

Daniel
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone *yawn* I got there at 9 30 am, and as always had to wait until 10 am for the gates to open *sigh* As soon as I got in ,went to the pee room because you know it was an emergency.

Saw Miss Venus practicing but her security told everyone we were not allow to take pictures because she requested that. The first match I saw Nieminen vs. Clement. I was supporting Clement and another member of this board was cheering for Nieminen. Nieminen took the first set, and it was clear to me he was going to take the match, so I decided to go to another court. Btw, yes Arnaud is too demanding. The poor ball boy looked like a puppet, lol Arnaud moved the boy so many times to put the umbrella in a good position and then at the end of first set he threw the towel to the ball boy. Fans said: boooooo booooo. Roger Federer finished the wonderful run Luis Horna was having in the tournament. :sad: Shaughnessy had problems in the first set. A lot of unforced errors from her racket. The third set was played better by Meghann. I still do not understand how she got in trouble when Jidkova does not have weapons in her game. Farina Elia vs. Srebotnik was a good match. Both players fought for every single point. They went to a third set. The first game of it took 10 minutes, people got bored and most of them left the court. I remained there to support Silvia. It was 4-3, 40-30 Silvia , ready to serve, but suddenly she started to scream loud, and I saw she was cramping. So she was there for 2 minutes screaming and cramping. Then she stopped and was lying on the floor, then she did not move anymore. She told umpire that she needed the trainer and that she retired from the match. Srebonitk left the court, but she was sad. 5 minutes later the doctor got to the court and put a lot of bag ices on Silvia’s body. They tried not to move her, until the ambulance gets there. The ambulance got there and they took her away. It was sad to see her in so much pain. I hope she recovers and stays healthy soon. Myskina and Taylor, I only could say Taylor played better, had an answer for every Myskina did. Anastasia had problems with her serve but not that much. At the end Anastasia lost the match, and she cried for 20 minutes behind the stands. Her coach gave her a hug and talked to her. Anastasia was there for 25 or 30 minutes after the match was over. Costa vs. Rochus started and she still was there and left 5 minutes later. Later Anastasia lost her doubles match. She was not mentally in thematch, and the lost. Costa vs. Rochus was a boring match. Albert was too good for Olivier. Took the first set easily and the second set was almost the same. Albert just kept moving Rochus from one corner to the other all the time. Saw, the last games of El Aynaoui vs. Calleri, it was 5-4 El Ayanoui serving for the match and we got water from the sky, returned after 15 minutes and he won the match. He has a huge serve and his court coverage is very good. Took some pictures of him after the match. He saw a magazine with a nice picture of it that I fan had, and he said he wanted a copy of it because it was a nice picture. I heard and old guy saying El Ayanaoui is tall and handsome. (whispering: you are too old for him, you could be his grandfather ;) ). Saw Sugiyama vs. Safina. In the first set, Ai had many many unforced errors. Most of the balls went to the net. In the second and third set Ai improved a lot. Her serve got better and had Dinara running around all the court. Then saw some parts of Coetzer vs. Weingartner. Amanda was off. She hit shorts balls the entire match and Marlene took advantage of that. Amanda looked tired, like she was forced to play the match. It was sad to see her losing :hug: :sad: Then saw, Chang vs. Agassi, pffffff so boring, I knew Agassi was going to win and he did and it was the end of the 15 minutes of fame Chang got this week :devil: :devil: Then saw Douchevina vs. Henin. Ok. Henin was the favorite here but I was cheering for Vera. Wasn’t she 3-1 up a break in the first set??? Yes she was, and then she got nervous. She made so many errors. I think the problem was she got nervous, probably because she was playing Henin, or maybe it was stadium court. She has nice groundstrokes. I noticed she was inside the baseline all the match receiving firt and second serve. I supposed she tried to intimidate Justine, but it did not work, because Justine got a powerful first serve (amazing how that short girl can generate so much power).. Vera never got upset, did not throw racket at any moment. I think she needs to improve her serve motion, add more power. Asagoe vs. Williams was too fast for me, lol :o Venus oh my, she hit the ball so so hard that Asagoe could not do anything about it. Venus’s serve is just fantastic and her court coverage is amazing. The bad thing was Asagoe got many bad calls. Well, it has been the same with many umpires all this week. :sigh: saw on the screen, how Marat was sent home by Davide, :sad: then went there to wait for Mauresmo vs. Marrero. Ok, I will be honest and say it was the most boring match I saw during the day. Mauresmo was the favorite because Marrero has nothing to hurt Amelie. But that match was UGLY UGLY UGLY. Amelie sending balls out all the time. Both players were hitting the ball soft, like two beginner players. pFffff Marta took the first set and I still was waiting for Amelie to wake up and play decent tennis. The miracle happened . Amelie woke up and started to hit winners and that delicious backhand started to hurt Marrero, who tried but she still needs improve her game. The third set Amelie was 5-4 serving for the match but again one for those mental problems, and she had to fight more to win the match. I am glad Amelie won, but next match she will need to be ready since the start. Then moved to see Eleni vs. Jill. Eleni was just fantastic. Her backhand is powerful and her forehand down the line is a gift from nature. I saw Eleni happy with her game. She wore a yellow T-shirt and black skirt. She smiled all the time and looks incredible fit.

Also saw, Gagliardi against Mikaelian. Miss boom boom is getting better and better every match. Her game plan , technique and ritual and massage between points just took her opponent away form the match. Then I got scare to see Gaudio and Massu playing because the crowd was too LOUD and I thought the court could go down any moment :o it was like a soccer match in South America. Chileans vs. Argentineans. (glad Gaudio won the match) :kiss: :lick: Then saw a couple of double matches. Ruano / Suarez showed nice tennis. I took a picture of Vivi and Pao at the end. Saw Krizan/ Srebotnik vs. Black/likhotseva. This match was not completed because of lack of light on the court. :sigh: a lot of money for players but so stupid to put light on court ^???? :slap: Elena and Krizan were in this battle of women. Krizan acted like a bitch taking a lot of time between points when opponents were serving. Elena got upset (probably she wanted to hit Krizan with her racket) and took a lot of time in one game, then looked at Krizan and made a sign with one of her fingers that everyone of you know what it means (ouchhh :o). Saw Navratilova / Kuznetosa after their match. Martina said: yo are getting too close do not get closer, lol :o A lot of boys and girls were harrainsg her I guess. *sigh*, Also saw, Davenport and raymong playing doubles. After their match, all fans running behind Lindsay (including me :angel:) and we forgot about Lisa :p

Last match I saw, was Maleeeva vs. Tu. Magdalena was on and she hit winners all over the place. Miss Maleeva eraing her gray skirt and do not remeber the color of the T-shirt (she wears it for practice session too) ;)

Then left the park to go home.

Going on sunday and it will be my last report :sad:

Daniel

:)

ghosts
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:42 PM
Last match I saw, was Maleeeva vs. Tu. Magdalena was on and she hit winners all over the place.

Can u tell us something more for this match... Which outfit did Maggie wear? ;)

The Guilty
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:46 PM
Thanks a lot Daniel :)

Poor Silvia and Nastya :sad:

Daniel
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:48 PM
Can u tell us something more for this match... Which outfit did Maggie wear? ;)

done :)

salima
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:53 PM
Thank you Daniel, you do well with this reports!

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 23rd, 2003, 02:07 PM
thanx Daniel for the great report :)
much appreciated :)
I hope Vera will be back playing in Miami next yr for u , but she will be the following year for sure :)

Chance
Mar 23rd, 2003, 02:20 PM
thanks Daniel :)

I wonder why Venus didn't want anyone take any pics when she practiced....we need pics ;)

Experimentee
Mar 23rd, 2003, 02:39 PM
Krizan acted like a bitch taking a lot of time between points when opponents were serving. Elena got upset (probably she wanted to hit Krizan with her racket) and took a lot of time in one game, then looked at Krizan and made a sign with one of her fingers that everyone of you know what it means (ouchhh :o).

LOL! Go Elena! :devil:

King Aaron
Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:34 PM
Thanks Daniel. :)
Poor Silvia. :(

MLF
Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:37 PM
Hi everyone *yawn* I got there at 9 30 am, and as always had to wait until 10 am for the gates to open *sigh*

Thanks for the report Daniel, but you'll never survive if you ever have to queue to get into Wimbledon ;)

[S@nti]
Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:57 PM
thanx Daniel :) did u take pics? :)

rated_next
Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:27 PM

Elisse
Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:32 PM
LOL@MirjanaLfan!!!

Thanks for the great report, Daniel!!! :D :kiss: :wavey:

c2
Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:34 PM
Intersting, thnaks Daniel! did Navratilova mean her doubles partner was getting too close during play? :confused:

brickhousesupporter
Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:42 PM
thanks Daniel :)

I wonder why Venus didn't want anyone take any pics when she practiced....we need pics ;)

Don't worry I got some. I have a problem listening to authority. :devil: :p

supercmfan
Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:44 PM
Danielito che!!!, gracias, sos lo mas grande del mundo, un beso y cuidadin con los mosquitos :) :) :) :) :) :)

bis2806
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:31 PM
wow daniel!!!! u got lindsay's autograph?!?!! can u scan it and send it to me please :D

Daniel
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:36 PM
me shook kim's hand today

i am so happy!!!!!!

Lapin
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:52 PM
LOL@MirjanaLfan!!!

Yes, I was thinking that too! :D ;)

Thanks so much for your report Daniel, glad that you had a great time! :wavey:

Come-on-kim
Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:00 PM
Thanks!!!