PDA

View Full Version : venus just pulled out of the tourny!!! after winning her first match.

kennethw
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:46 AM
her name was just taking out of tommorow's match against her opponent. her opponent was given a walkover. .
i called the tourny and was told she pulled out. no reason given.

~RedRose~
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:50 AM
Her name isnt taken out of the draw?? Its still there ....

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:51 AM
her name is still there :rolleyes:

rated_next
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:53 AM
can someone ban him/her if this info is false?

kennethw
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:54 AM
Her name isnt taken out of the draw?? Its still there ....not the draw. the match up for tommorow. check the schedule. her name was taken out.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:54 AM
this guy is a psycho...hes new to the board and he takes shots at russia and france...and now this...:rolleyes: u better not be lieing...

kennethw
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:55 AM
can someone ban him/her if this info is false?check the schedule for yourself.

WhatTheDeuce
i think when they made the schedule her match wasnt finished yet...

rated_next
LOL .. it is Gagliardi vs. UNKNOWN because when they did the schedule, she still hadn't won

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:56 AM
check the schedule for yourself.
u lied about the phone call also u moron...

1jackson2001
Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:33 AM
Good thing it's just a lie....I think my heart skipped a beat when I read the thread title. :rolleyes: :(

switz
Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:48 AM
what is wrong with you?

auntie janie
Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:51 AM
This might be a good time to remind people about their "IGNORE THIS POSTER" option! :angel:

switz
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:13 AM
but janie if people don't respond to what he/she says then he/she will think they are right and others will to probably. anyway itis kind of funny reading this moron's posts.

LucasArg
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:27 AM
For the future, the next time you post a thread about a withdraw, try post the link ok? :rolleyes:

spencercarlos
Mar 23rd, 2003, 07:01 AM
what a shame

MLF
Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:21 AM
People who post false info or results should be automatically banned. This poster said they had phoned the event so we can't blame his mistake on mere stupidity.

anton
Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:07 AM
I'm glad this isn't true!

GO VENUS!! :wavey:

If you have time please approve me! :D

Click the little talking head next to "edit" and then click Approve.

Thanks! :wavey:

venusfan
Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:02 PM
I cant understand the expletives but to make up a damb lie like that without backing up the info... HE SHOULD BE BANNED. False information will not be accepted here.

Janet
Mar 23rd, 2003, 05:33 PM
Please don't do that I'm looking forward for venus to play!!

Dava
Mar 23rd, 2003, 05:40 PM
Thank God, I hate it when the Williams' withdraw!

bluepastures
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:05 PM
A moderator should rename this particular thread, as it's very misleading!

Tennisfan-Mtl
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:23 PM
Honestly...I don't think this person should be banned. He/she seems to be quite new on the board and might have thought it could be "funny" to invent such a story. I think there should be a "warning" system that would allow a member to have at MOST 3 warnings before being banned...

Honestly, I find that some people are overreacting here...

earthcrystal
Mar 23rd, 2003, 06:34 PM
Honestly...I don't think this person should be banned. He/she seems to be quite new on the board and might have thought it could be "funny" to invent such a story. I think there should be a "warning" system that would allow a member to have at MOST 3 warnings before being banned...

Honestly, I find that some people are overreacting here...

You obviously missed this posters earlier thread (apparently deleted by mods) that was full of hateful, gleeful celebration of "the dirty Russians" losing. Also happily crowing that Amelie (who seemed at the time in trouble) was "next". In his words (paraphrased) since "they're cowards undeserving of American applause."

Still want to defend him?

Tennisfan-Mtl
Mar 23rd, 2003, 08:46 PM
Still want to defend him?

Sorry buddy...I guess I'm not as bright as you are.....

Consistency
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:23 AM
A moderator should rename this particular thread, as it's very misleading!

Rename it "Trolls R' Us".

Hendouble
Mar 24th, 2003, 12:28 AM
I agree, he should be banned. How dare he get my hopes up like that and then cruelly reveal that it was all a fabrication! I swear, if someone tells me that Serena has had to pull out with a resurgence of that stomach virus and then reveals that they were "just kidding", I'll red-mark their reputation for all time.