PDA

View Full Version : Has This Happened To Anyone??

Julian
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:25 PM
Sigh in the first two rounds of Miami all of my faves have lost besides Iroda, Meghann(who hasn't played yet), Jelena and Nathalie Dechy (who have to play each other in the next round!)

The thing is though, almost all of them had to play each other! Dani lost in her first match, Monica pulled out, Elena Dementieva lost to Pratt (Iroda would have had to play Elena in the 2nd round if Elena won), Elena Bovina lost to Iroda, Tatiana lost to Iroda! Sveta lost to Dokic and now Jelena has to play Nathalie?? Is the tournament director trying to make all my faves lose?? lol My I sure picked the right players to root for :p :rolleyes:

geewhiz
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:51 PM
On the other hand if they all play each other it also ensures that some of your favourites will win :)

bis2806
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:55 PM
lol@Julian!!! you sound so funny and in addition to your comment, you made me laugh more as you have that arantxa (spanish mama) avatar with her thumbs-up! lol... it just makes the whole situation seem really funny :p

Julian
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:58 PM
geewhiz I guess you're right. Of course there is also the possibility of more of them passing through to the next round if they didn't have to play each other you know?? But I'll try to look at it that way. :)

bis2806, lol I'm glad to see that me being pissed off provides humor. Glad Arantxa thinks so too ;)

geewhiz
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:03 PM
Of course there is also the possibility of more of them passing through to the next round if they didn't have to play each other you know??

I was forgetting that your favourites are a little better than mine :)

Experimentee
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:23 PM
My faves always have tp play each other. :(