PDA

View Full Version : Best Current Doubles Team?

Rtael
Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:11 AM
Tell Me Tell Me Tell Me!

~RedRose~
Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:13 AM
The top Doubles Teams at the Moment would 4 sure be Serena/Venua (always) Vivi/Paola, Kim & Ai and Lisa/Lindsay. I also think Dokic/Petrova & Stubbs/Bovina are also good.

~RedRose~
Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:14 AM
There is no point having Anna & Elena on the list as they have never played b4 this week and havent played a match. We dont know how good they are.

Venus Forever
Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:18 AM
Well, considering the last time the Williams sisters lost a match was in 2001 to I believe Callens and Rubin at the US Open, I will have to say them.

GO TEAM WILLIAMS!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

BTW, the Williams are 4-1 against the above teams, and the only loss was in 1999 against VRP and PS, and it was at the Rome final. And that was on their "worst" surface clay, and it was still three sets.

They are 3-0 against them all this year.;)

FLL
Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:36 AM
There is no point having Anna & Elena on the list as they have never played b4 this week and havent played a match. We dont know how good they are.

I agree! No point of putting Anna/Elena in the poll since they haven't played a match together yet...

Jericho
Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:36 AM
if your really talking best as in the top dog, the team who is better than the rest...then its got to be the williams sisters period...and if you talking about currently as in this year...its still the sisters, cuz they beat three of those teams mentioned at the australian open...

tennisIlove09
Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:54 AM
Williams/Williams

Only problem, they don't play often.

otherwise, Vivi/Paola--4 straight Slam finals; winning 2 :)

caramel
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:00 AM
Lindsay Davenport and Lisa Raymond :bounce:

Ayo
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:06 AM
Wiliams all the way! :bounce:

Buitenzorg
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:49 AM
For me :D

1. Clijsters / Sugiyama
2. Davenport / Raymond
3. Ruano Pascual / Suarez
4. Kuznetsova / Navratilova
5. Williams / Williams (I would NOT included them, as they are not consistently playing Doubles :D)

switz
Mar 22nd, 2003, 07:00 AM
this is a moronic poll

Buitenzorg
Mar 22nd, 2003, 07:02 AM
:bounce:

switz
Mar 22nd, 2003, 07:03 AM
times makes bolder. children get older, i getting older to!

Buitenzorg
Mar 22nd, 2003, 07:06 AM
times makes bolder. children get older, i getting older to!

LMAO :D

QUEENLINDSAY
Mar 22nd, 2003, 07:34 AM
As a team, i would say the williams because they know each others very well and living together, practicing together. Team needs this familiarity with each other to win.

BUT as a doubles player, Lindsay and Lisa are the best!!!
They can win any tournament with different partners.

Harju.
Mar 22nd, 2003, 08:54 AM
lindsay/lisa
and wiliiams/williams

Elleke
Mar 22nd, 2003, 09:06 AM
Kim/Ai, Vee/Serena

Gallofa
Mar 22nd, 2003, 09:36 AM
I think the best are Venus/Serena.

Now, out of the playing teams, Ruano-P/Suarez are the ones with the best results in the last 12 months. They haven't played much this year, so it's hard to say how their form is holding up, I guess we'll see starting from this week.

From the teams that have been playing since the beginning of the year, Klijsters/Sugiyama, Bovina/Stubbs and Raymond/Davenport are pretty equal, I would say both in talents and in possibilities. I give Raymond/Davenport the edge, but only because I like them better :D lol

Ting
Mar 22nd, 2003, 10:20 AM
Kim and Ai!

Wimanna
Mar 22nd, 2003, 10:24 AM
Kim and Ai :)

Gowza
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:21 AM
i think dokic/petrova should be on the poll.

selesfan
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:19 PM
The Williams sisters followed by Vivi/Paola. It never ceases to amaze me how bogus these polls are. Everybody just votes for their favorites instead of the truly bettter teams. I don't recall the GS title that Ai and Kim won. ;)

Experimentee
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:24 PM
The Williams sisters followed by Vivi/Paola. It never ceases to amaze me how bogus these polls are. Everybody just votes for their favorites instead of the truly bettter teams. I don't recall the GS title that Ai and Kim won. ;)

I agree. Some people even voted for Dementieva/Kournikova and they've never even played a match yet :rolleyes:
And i dont know how anyone can think Kim/Ai are better than multiple GS winners.

Dava
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:26 PM
I voted for Virginia and Paola cos they have have had an opperation so they know exactly which the other is thinking!!!

▀coene
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:35 PM
Williams/Williams and I didn't had to think long.

King Aaron
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:27 PM
Lindsay and Lisa are the current best doubles team IMO. They're very dynamic because of their styles. Lindsay can bomb those serves and Lisa can volley very well. If the Williams sisters do play, both of them are the best simply because they have it all IMO.

Other teams worth mentioning are Vivi/Paola, Kim/Ai and Jelena/Nadia.

Kuilli
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:27 PM
Since Venus/Serena rarely play, I'll leave them out although they are certainly the best when they do play.

So far this year, my pick goes to Kim & Ai :D, but I'll be really happy if Lisa/Lindsay or Vivi/Paola prove me wrong. ;)

Cybelle Darkholme
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:39 PM

selesfan you are so right its ridiculous. Why even have polls? The poll should have said vote for your favorite doubles team because thats what people do anyway. You could have a poll that says vote for the last grand slam winner and anna kornikova would win, for example.

Xian
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:45 PM
I dont think the Williams sisters are a good double team though they are winning everything if they are participating.

My choice Suarez/Ruano or Clijsters/Sugiyama cause here you can see a developed doubles strategy :)

and Rennea Stubbs is one of the best doubles players ever

Gallofa
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:47 PM
Just because some people vote for their favs you can't say that there is no point to a poll. Or is it that people are not voting for *your* favourite that upsets you? It all depends on what are the parameters you are judging. I voted for the Williams sisters and they are *not* my favs. Far from that. But I thought they were the best from my own point of view, but that doesn't mean that others that are voting for other teams are wrong. This is a discussion board. What's the point if we all think the same thing?

Mr. Man
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:51 PM
Serena & Venus of course.

Venus Forever
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:52 PM
I dont think the Williams sisters are a good double team though they are winning everything if they are participating.

I don't understand how you can be a good doubles team, yet win everything. That doesn't make any sense. :confused:

That's like saying Navratilova was OKAY in singles during her time.

Venus Forever
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:55 PM
Just because some people vote for their favs you can't say that there is no point to a poll. Or is it that people are not voting for *your* favourite that upsets you? It all depends on what are the parameters you are judging. I voted for the Williams sisters and they are *not* my favs. Far from that. But I thought they were the best from my own point of view, but that doesn't mean that others that are voting for other teams are wrong. This is a discussion board. What's the point if we all think the same thing?

See, there are some, like you and I, that honestly pick a team or player or what have you, because you honestly believe that someone or something is better. HOWEVER, most feel that it is a great opportunity to just vote for their own player.

These polls ARE USELESS, unless people become more objective. These are popularity polls, and nothing more. The most popular players are going to win.

How else would you explain Kournikova and Dementieva getting 6 votes without playing ONE match together. :rolleyes: