PDA

View Full Version : for Venus fans...

tennischick
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:03 AM
http://www.oceandrive.com/magazine/march2003/venus/index.html

or www.oceandrive.com

Chance
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:06 AM
lol tennischick , you're like 3weeks late but thanks for thinking of us :)

Mad-About-Venus
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:08 AM
Yeah I had seen the pics too, but thanks a lot tennischick for thinking of us, it's a nice gesture. Some people out there might have not seen them, so thanks.

tennischick
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:09 AM
actually i don't have a clue how to delete the damn thread so ya'll are stuck with it...:p

Althea
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:56 AM
Thanks Tennischick :)
I saw the pictures before but didn't read the article, so I am glad that you created this thread...

Here's a part from Venus that I particurlary enjoyed reading

"... Before a match, you see a lot of players talking and strategizing with their coaches. I walk out of the locker room and go out there alone. I get to think for myself.Ē However, this insular world Venus has created with her family has actually caused animosity with the other players. ďI canít exactly say Iím friends with the other girls,Ē she divulges. ďIím friendly, but I donít have their phone numbers. All of the girls are nice, but everybody has a little something to say.Ē
Nor does she take herself seriously as a tennis star. ďMaybe I donít have a normal job or existence, but Iím a regular person,Ē she declares. ďItís important for me and Serena to be normal, and not to think of ourselves as special people. If I expect to be treated differently then Iím going to need a major reality check in the future. That happens to many stars. Iíve seen tennis players who get a little crazy and think that they are all that, which they arenít. Itís nice to get those extraspecial privileges, but I donít expect them. Iím not buying Lamborghinis and Ferraris. Some people get caught up with that.Ē
----
Venus really has her head together......... Always a pleasure reading her interviews! Best Wishes Venus

Rocketta
Mar 22nd, 2003, 04:29 AM
actually i don't have a clue how to delete the damn thread so ya'll are stuck with it...:p

LOL, I was late with a thread topic as well and I can't figure out how to delete it as well. :p

tennischick
Mar 22nd, 2003, 04:34 AM
LOL, I was late with a thread topic as well and I can't figure out how to delete it as well. :p
i'm wondering if it's no longer possible on the newly re-configured board...:confused:

i'm also wondering why am i not in bed...:wavey:

Rocketta
Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:23 AM
i'm wondering if it's no longer possible on the newly re-configured board...:confused:

i'm also wondering why am i not in bed...:wavey:

Yeah me too I have an early start tomorrow but I just don't feel like it. :)