PDA

View Full Version : Dokic WINS! 7-6 6-1

tennisIlove09
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:25 AM
Finally, a victory for Jelena. Are things turning around for her?

venusfan
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:26 AM
Yea right.. I think that score is a Typo

~RedRose~
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:27 AM
umm she did actually .... idiot

Mattographer
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:38 AM
Next match is Nathalie Dechy is also tougher so, wait and see how her forms is...

ßcoene
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:52 AM
I'm not a fan of Dokic but I'm happy she won.

Well done Dokic :)

GBFH
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:56 AM
Ditto bcoene, but I'm glad to see her turn it around :)

hopefully, the same will happen with Anna

vutt
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:59 AM
:) :)

What a semi-orgasmic feeling. :angel:
Good win maybe helps to raise her confidence.
But still 8 DF's and LOT of UE's, but win is a win. Gongrats...

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:11 AM
Go Jelena!!! Keep It Up!!!!

Gowza
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:16 AM
i'm happy for jelena because she has finally got a good win under her belt.

but this was a big chance for kuznetsova to gt to the quarters and something much needed so she can take that next step.

vs1
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:43 AM
:eek: Wow! Congrats Jelena! Keep the momentum up!

SM
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:50 AM
She finished the match ok dropping one game in set2. Im confident she will out-hit Dechy now :).......i think shell be really hungry to get a win over hantuchova too

~RedRose~
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:02 AM
Dani lost silly ... :P

SpikeyAidanm
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:03 AM
Awesome win for Jelena, let's hope this is a start for a successful 2003 :)

selesfan
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:05 AM
Congrats Jelena! :bounce: :bounce:

Gowza
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:39 AM
dechy will be a really tough opponent. but if jelena plays her best then she shouldn't have a problem. if she has to play molik in the 4th round then that could be an interesting match. molik should be confident from her start to the year while jelena still might not be totally back. molik has beaten dokic in straight sets before so that could play on their minds (not sure if it was the last time they played or not).

~RedRose~
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:41 AM
The only time Alicia beat Jelena was the only time they played and it was in three sets not straight sets.

2001-06-11 Birmingham Grass R32 Alicia Molik (AUS) 4-6 6-3 6-3

LeonHart
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:44 AM
Jelena will be in good shape if she manages to win this next match against Dechy.

caramel
Mar 22nd, 2003, 04:25 AM
She did a great job but I´m not sure if she can win against Dechy as well. ;)

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 22nd, 2003, 04:46 AM
:-) Good for her. Finally someone wins .

switz
Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:57 AM
dokic is a moron ;)

~RedRose~
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:14 AM
yes .... but a winning moron :)

~RedRose~
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:15 AM
Just between us .... even though i luv her so much .... me thinks she aint all there .... up there ..... hmmmm .... i think the light bulb needs replacing .... hmmmm ..... lets just say that she isnt the brightest star in the sky ........ OK ..... Shes a bit of a dumbass ..... but shes cute so i luv her :)

Dawn Marie
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:18 AM
:bounce: Finally a win. I think her confidence will soar from this win.:)

E. Blackadder
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:19 AM
Thank god, a win :hearts:

switz
Mar 22nd, 2003, 06:23 AM
Just between us .... even though i luv her so much .... me thinks she aint all there .... up there ..... hmmmm .... i think the light bulb needs replacing .... hmmmm ..... lets just say that she isnt the brightest star in the sky ........ OK ..... Shes a bit of a dumbass ..... but shes cute so i luv her :)

having brains isn't the whole world, i mean looks last forever. as long as she takes her love and takes it down, and climbs a mountain and then turns around, and she sees her reflection in a snow covered hill, well the landslide will bring her down. oh mirror in the sky, what is love? jelena's child within her heart can rise above? she can sail through the changing ocean tides, and she can handle the seasons of her life. uh-huh.......uh-huh.......uh-huh

Filip!
Mar 22nd, 2003, 09:11 AM
Well done Jelena!

I hope she can win more matches to regain her confidence...

gmak
Mar 22nd, 2003, 10:27 AM
that's good for dokic but certainly makes sveta look really bad :(
i really thought this could be her breakthrough tournament like IW was for vera

even barbara rittner managed to beat her :roll eyes:

bliss
Mar 22nd, 2003, 10:51 AM
Jelena :bounce: :bounce: !!

brickhousesupporter
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:00 AM
The Dokic fans on the board should be real happy, because she was hitting the ball with such conviction and hitting balls that made the crowd gasp. The first set was very competative. I was suprised to see that Svetlana was a stocky or boxy type player. She was playing really well and after the tiebreak the trainer was called and after that it was all dokic.

~RedRose~
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:07 AM
How so brickhouse ... i mean .... did she play brilliant some points and bad the others ... or was svetlana playing well too .... also how did she make the crowd gasp like could u explain a few great points of Jelena .... also .... wat was she wearing ... the white thing she has been wearing this year, or the black and white safari thingo, with the black skirt?

brickhousesupporter
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:11 AM
She was playing really well, both of them actually. The points were really long and would usually end in a winner. One point Dokic had Sveta running all over and she ended it with a backhand down the line, and the crowd gasped. She really should have won the first set 6-4, but when serving for the set she got behind 0-30 and Sweta broke. I don't really remember what she was wearing. I know that Sveta was wearing red and white. Her outfit was like the female version of Rainer Schuttler.

~RedRose~
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:16 AM
YOU CANT REMEMBER WAT SHE WORE!!!! :P

Well ... was it white? (her old outfit) or Darker (a New one)

brickhousesupporter
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:24 AM
It was black and white. I cant remeber what style it was or anything like that. :P

Gowza
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:27 AM
brickhousesupporter, is it true what they say about sveta that she doesn't have any weapons? i saw her at the oz open but only about 2 or 3 games and she realed off a couple of forhand winners but i hear people saying she has no weapons.

~RedRose~
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:28 AM
Was it like this: http://av.tennis-warehouse.com/ProductImages/FWST.JPG

Like in this pic: http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/5e83a9ea/bc/My+Photos/398429-R1-1.jpg?bcizFf.AP8C1PavK

brickhousesupporter
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:36 AM
brickhousesupporter, is it true what they say about sveta that she doesn't have any weapons? i saw her at the oz open but only about 2 or 3 games and she realed off a couple of forhand winners but i hear people saying she has no weapons.

In the first set they were both going for winners. It appeared to me that Dokic had the better groundstroke, because hers were flat and landed on the baseline almost everytime. Sveta was hitting winners off the backhand and forehand. I would not say she does not have any weapons, she just hits with more topspin that Jelena. She did miss a few easy one- two combinations but other than that I was really impressed. I really went to the match to see Sveta play because I have been hearing about the Russian revolution from Eggy and others, so I wanted to see the revolution before it was televised. I was impressed, but she still has some work. I believe had it not been for the injury the match would have been closer.

~RedRose~
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:38 AM
Brick thanx for telling us how she played ... now how did she look .... was she wearing the outfit i thought ... did she wear a visor?

Gowza
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:40 AM
brickhousesupporter, thanks for the info and analysis.

brickhousesupporter
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:41 AM
Yoshie I dont think it was that outfit. I would have remembered that. When I get the pictures developed I will post them ok.

~RedRose~
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:41 AM
thanx :) :)

Roxers
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:48 AM
:) Great that Dokic finally won a match. Keep on Jelena :bounce:

Dava
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:39 PM
WOOO GO JELENA

A great win agaisnt a player I thought you would stuggle against.

vutt
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:31 PM
Brick thanx for telling us how she played ... now how did she look .... was she wearing the outfit i thought ... did she wear a visor?

Try this link:
http://www.wtaworld.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7722

King Aaron
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:36 PM
Well done Jelena! :bounce:

brickhousesupporter, thanks for answering the questions. So after watching Jelena play, do you think she's back? How far do you think she can go?