PDA

View Full Version : Justine Henin Hardenne = Elite Player?

GogoGirl
Mar 21st, 2003, 11:58 PM
I'd have to say - yes - because Justine always shows up to play does she not? I like watching her play.

If she and Jennifer have to play - it would be a tough match to call IMO.

Is Justine an elitist in the womens tennis sense? I think she is - and definitely worthy of being in or very near the top five.

"GO ON W/YOUR BADD SELF - JUSTINE"

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 21st, 2003, 11:59 PM
The answer is YES...

why r u even asking this question?

vs1
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:03 AM
OF COURSE she is an elite player! Justine is great. And when she plays Jenn, I always think that Justine is going to pull through. I hardly doubt that match-up. I think Kim has more difficulty with Jenn than Justine does.

Gowza
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:04 AM
if a player is consistently in the top 5 then imo they are an elite player for that period of time. however they are not an elite player of all time unless they are a multiple grand slam winner or do something very special.

i think justine is an elite player for now.

Volcana
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:17 AM
Depends on your definition of 'elite'.

If Justine ISN'T an elite player,m then there are only three of them. But realistically, maybe there's only one.

"If I've got all four trophies at my house, it's a Grand Slam" - Tiger Woods

Leena
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:23 AM
If Jennifer can beat Justine, that doesn't make her an elite player??

I think someone who's reached a GS Final, and numerous Semis, is in the elite status.

Chance
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:29 AM
well duh of course she is.... too many people underestimate Justine :(

Gowza
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:30 AM
volcana is right in saying it depends on your definition of elite.

elite can be players like graf and navratilova as in the greats and legends of the game or it can mean that the player is simply near or at the top of the game during the particular time they play.

justine is the second one. she is elite for this period of time but she is no comparison to the greats (not yet anyway).

Conchita forever
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:22 AM
Sorry but I have to :rolleyes: at the title of this thread...

Of course she is!!!

Allez M. Hénin-Hardenne!!!

Nan Cu
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:49 AM
No.

When I think elite I think back to the BIG FOUR of the late nineties, when everyone could beat anyone else. Kim is elite, Justine is not.

CJ07
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:59 AM
again it depends on your definition of elite
Monica is elite, and shes far (sadly) from the Top 4
but shes won more grand slam titles than Justine has won titles plus change

but very few people have those numbers
so for all general purposes, yes she is elite, very much so

QUEENLINDSAY
Mar 22nd, 2003, 07:42 AM
For me she is near but not yet there.
For me, you can only be called elite if you already win a GS and always a contender for it for at least a year. Been number one in the ranking. So far she is only a contender in French and just one final of Wimbledon. Its no elite yet, Even Kim is not yet.

irma
Mar 22nd, 2003, 08:09 AM
serena is the only elite player
the rest are figures ;) (he that was not my idea :p)