PDA

View Full Version : Sanchez-Lorenzo def. A. Stevenson 67 61 62

tennisIlove09
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:36 PM
Alex's woos continue...

maccardel
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:39 PM
This is really sad..come on now. How many fucking times you gonna do this..now it makes her Scottsdale run look like a fluke...and to think of it, it was...damn Alex!!!!!!!!!

BK4ever
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:42 PM
Lots of pathetic losers in this tourney

Alex, Anna K, and Elena D ;)

I bet you they are meeting up right now in the players lounge to have their therapy session...LOL

As Hurley said in another thread, isnt it ironic that each of them has been in the semis of a slam once...hmmmm....it must be the curse.

I wonder how Alex treated Toni at the net.

Bye Bye Alex...your next win will come in the fall.

TatiAnnah°lic
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:47 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: TOĐI :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Venus Forever
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:49 PM
Alexandra is pathetic.:rolleyes:

Sometimes I wonder why I am a fan of her.

Her next win won't be until at least July sometime, as well all know if she can't win a match on hardcourts, when she is seeded, she won't win a match on clay either.

bbypk
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:49 PM
WOW!!! To˝i!!!!!!! :)

Alberto
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:50 PM
sorry Alexandra ;)

VAMOS MARIA ANTONIA!!!! :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:

veryborednow
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:52 PM
Alex's woos continue...
woos? heh.

Mrs. Peel
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:54 PM
Actually, I am thrilled to bits that Maria Antonia has gotten this win!!! :bounce: :bounce: She is one of my faves..I hope she can go a little further! Vamos chica!!!! :bounce:

Gowza
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:55 PM
at least she took a set unlike anna and elena. i found elena's the most dissapointing because i think she was up a break in each set.

Venus Forever
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:01 PM
Elena was up 5-2, and two breaks in the first. And I believe she was up 1-0, a break, in the second.

Anna had two breaks in the second set of her match as well, being up 3-0.

The three of them are just so sad to watch anymore. They just can't win a match, and even a match against players they should kill or are very inexperienced.:o

Mad-About-Venus
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:02 PM
Who is Maria Antonia? How long has she been around?

kr003
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:05 PM
Well I'm not shocked by her loss. I have lost faith in her a long time
ago.

TatiAnnah°lic
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:07 PM
Elena was up 5-2, and two breaks in the first. And I believe she was up 1-0, a break, in the second.

Anna had two breaks in the second set of her match as well, being up 3-0.

The three of them are just so sad to watch anymore. They just can't win a match, and even a match against players they should kill or are very inexperienced.:o

Man, Anna is just coming back give her time!

auntie janie
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:09 PM
That's a good win for Maria Antonia!! Congrats to her! :hearts:

Alberto
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:13 PM
Who is Maria Antonia? How long has she been around?

*Maria Antonia is one of the most beautiful spanish players. She won Knokke Heins in the first belgium event in 1999.

*She got in 4r in Aus Open in 1999 beatin world number 3 Jana Novotna 63 60.

*She has semis in Hamburg beatin C.MartÝnez and Testud in 1997, also semis in Maria Lankowitz 97 and Bol 00.

* And she is my fave :hearts:

Mad-About-Venus
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:17 PM
Jeezz, thanks Alberto, that was quite a chunck of information. Good luck to her :wavey: :wavey:

Venus Forever
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:25 PM
Man, Anna is just coming back give her time!

I have given Anna probably the most time to get back to her game. She was really on top of her game in January of 2001, and then she got injured and it all fell apart.

She has been back for a year now, and still not much improvement, and more injuries. :sad: :sad:

I just wish Anna and Alexandra would get there acts together, and quick. :sad: :sad:

rated_next
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:08 AM
Maria Antonia - the beauty is back :)

Jem
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:20 AM
You guys are way too hard on Stevenson. If you do a gut check, I think you may find that your expectations of her are a bit too high. While I'm a bit surprised by this loss, I also know that slow hard courts are not her best surface. She's always going to play her best on indoor carpets or maybe grass, and consistency is always going to be a problem for her. Someone with groundstrokes like Sanchez Lorenzo, who hits doublehanded off both sides, will give Stevenson fits on a slower court. Plus, the scoreline in this one tells me that perhaps the heat got to Stevenson, and she didn't have anything left in the tank after the first set.

Julian
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:50 AM
Maria had such a great year in 1999. Im hoping she has now found that form! VAMOS!! :)

Great to see the spaniards are still in there (Conchi, Maria, Marta) :) Any news of Anabel???

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:52 AM
pretty happy too :)

Maria did it in style :)
go Maria, draw's opened up nicely :)

bbypk
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:07 AM
Maria had such a great year in 1999. Im hoping she has now found that form! VAMOS!! :)

Great to see the spaniards are still in there (Conchi, Maria, Marta) :) Any news of Anabel???

Anabel lost in 2nd round on a 25k Challenger in Castellon Spain against Roberta Vinci

Bероника
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:13 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Vamos To˝i!!!
At least some good news :D

Mikey
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:38 AM
Alex's woos continue...
Vamos Maria :bounce:

Great win today :D

Alberto
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:55 AM
Maria Antonia - the beauty is back :)

:hearts:

caramel
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:57 AM
Yet another disappointing loss for Alexandra. :sad: I hope she will do better in her next tournament.

Ajrob
Mar 22nd, 2003, 11:59 AM
Welldone girl :)

Dava
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:30 PM
Alexandra...??? What happens in that heard of hers???

per4ever
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:32 PM
Vamos Maria!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maccardel
Mar 23rd, 2003, 02:20 PM
I really think Alex needs to take some time off and work on her skills whatever that may be...she is becomeing the joke of the wta...I imagine if Natalie,Sandrine,Martina H, Julie and Mary didn't fall down the rankings due to injuries, Alex would be stuck in her usual 30-35 ranking spot.....this is rediculous!!!!!!..

I could understand Anna(poor child with all the pressure of being Anna and not winning a title and not to mention her not winning a match), Elena is another story...she got the Russian pague(see Anna, Anastacia,etc)
I imagine Alex would have won more matches, I guess she is still pissed at her Scottsdale loss. Oh well.

c2
Mar 23rd, 2003, 02:48 PM
weird &frustrating.. I really did expect a lot more from her