PDA

View Full Version : N. Pratt def. E. Dementieva [19] 75 64

tennisIlove09
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:25 PM
Pratt continues her Aussie Open form, and "upsets" Dementieva.

Dementieva will be falling, she reached the QF last year.

Jordan.
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:27 PM
:sad:

Mattographer
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:15 PM
I'm so pleased with all Aussie players improving at the moment :D

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:30 PM
Focus on the doubles Elena! GO ANNA AND ELENA!!!

~RedRose~
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:33 PM
Elena was leading 5-2 in the first set. Nicole did well to not give up. Good fighting from both Australian girls (Alicia & Nic) :) bad luck to Evie though. :(

Yak
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:43 PM
What the fuck is wrong with her and Anna in singles?

Leena
Mar 21st, 2003, 11:13 PM
Damnit, Alyona! :mad:

Thanks for ruining my dream match.

Now you can suffer with Anya in the doubles.

DiZZiA
Mar 21st, 2003, 11:25 PM
There is no mental toughness in Elena's mind at all!!!! And she likes to blow a lead in most cases nowadays!!!

The pretty faces on the tennis tour seem fading away..... :o

Anna Kournikova......
Elena Dementieva........
Jelena Dokic...................
Daniela Hantuchova...............

TS
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:28 AM
Well done Nicole :D Had a feeling she could win this! A pity Evie couldn't hold on, but with Alicia's win it was a very good day for Aussie women.

~ The Leopard ~
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:49 AM
Well done Nicole :D Had a feeling she could win this! A pity Evie couldn't hold on, but with Alicia's win it was a very good day for Aussie women.

Yeah, and that is some consolation for me. With most of my favourite players going down it's nice to see the Aussie girls do well (especially with Lleyton having bitten the dust :eek: .)

Kirt12255
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:02 AM
WTG Nicole....I don't think you will find a harder fighter on the tour as youreself ;)

Chance
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:15 AM
Congratulations Nicole :D

Next up - either Bovina or Iroda

Good Luck Nicole.

~RedRose~
Mar 22nd, 2003, 01:41 AM
There is no mental toughness in Elena's mind at all!!!! And she likes to blow a lead in most cases nowadays!!!

The pretty faces on the tennis tour seem fading away..... :o

Anna Kournikova......
Elena Dementieva........
Jelena Dokic...................
Daniela Hantuchova...............

The difference .... Jelena had the hardest opponent of the lot and was the one that actually won her 2nd rnd match.

Gowza
Mar 22nd, 2003, 02:47 AM
what is this? daniela has one bad loss, although it was 3 sets (so it wasn't that bad - just the last set), everyone now puts her in the category of wasted talent.

why haven't you put harkleroad, sharapova and olga in that group? they've all had bad years and they've been much worse than daniela's

-kournikova has been out with injury she needs to get all the rust out and get confident again.

-dementieva has played quite well this year. you can't say she's gotten worse. if anything she has become better.

-dokic has now got a coach and it is fact that it takes time to see results.

-hantuchova she's had a pretty good year. she has one bad loss and you say she is fading?

AKTW
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:32 AM
what is this? daniela has one bad loss, although it was 3 sets (so it wasn't that bad - just the last set), everyone now puts her in the category of wasted talent.

-dementieva has played quite well this year. you can't say she's gotten worse. if anything she has become better.

-hantuchova she's had a pretty good year. she has one bad loss and you say she is fading?
True.
But this loss of Elena really disappoints me. :sad:

Gowza
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:36 AM
AKTW, i feel the same way. i was sure that elena would get to the 3rd rounf pretty easily because of the way she played at IW. and the way she lost it made it worse.

AKTW
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:44 AM
Yes,I cannot believe in her loss.
I really thought that Elena could beat Pratt quite easily.
Elena seems not to blow her lead but now......
Let's hope for good news from Elena's doubles.Surprising for playing with Anna K!

Gowza
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:49 AM
they are both really good doubles players so they could be a great team. but if one their serves was off then they would be in a lot of trouble. i don't think the other one would be able to hold the pressure so i think their serve would also go bad.

Jakub
Mar 22nd, 2003, 07:06 AM
I`m dissapointed :( :sad:

gokimmie
Mar 22nd, 2003, 07:09 AM
:sad:elena:(

gmak
Mar 22nd, 2003, 08:46 AM
alyona :mad: :sad: :mad: :fiery:

i have no comments .....

Dava
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:32 PM
This is a dissapointing result for Elena! I cant believe that she can play like this this week after the way she played last week, its just untrue, perhaps her injury is still niggling her.