PDA

View Full Version : From a witness! Serena & Venus

selesrules
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:55 PM
I recieved this e-mail a few minutes ago from a reliable source who's in Miami. Apparently, Venus AND Serena were practicing early this morning and the person I know saw the practice. He said that they both looked very sharp. However 20 minutes into the practice session, he saw Venus get down on her knees and beg Serena to withdraw from the tournament. According to him, Venus said something like (not the exact quote): "Serena, please let me win a tier1 once more. Please withdraw, I could never ask you to withdraw from a grandslam but this is Miami, I'm your big sister, please withdraw so I could win". According to him, Serena was a little shocked and repeatedly told Venus that she doesn't have to be on her knees, but Venus continued. The last thing he saw was that Serena told Venus and this is the exact quote "I'll see what I can do" and they both hugged. Well I guess that explains it all. :eek:

Hendouble
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:57 PM
Hmm... how reliable is this source of yours? He wouldn't happen to be called Baron Munchausen, by any chance?

Pureracket
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:58 PM
Selesrules,
You sick puppy!!!!! This is hilarious!!!!!

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:59 PM
:-)

It is kinda funny though...... no need for people gettin panties in a bunch?

MarcusRock
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:01 PM
Selesrules, you probably spent all day in your mom's dark basement lair and this is the best you could come up with?

Mad-About-Venus
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:01 PM
I haven't been around this board for too long, but Selesrules, do you usually come up with crap like this?? I'd just like to know if I should give you the honor to be the first member of my ignore list.

I certainly won't try to post any crap against Monica because I respect her, but what you are doing is pretty nasty and miserable. Or are just trying to be cute and funny? :eek:

Devon
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:04 PM
I haven't been around this board for too long, but Selesrules, do you usually come up with crap like this?? I'd just like to know if I should give you the honor to be the first member of my ignore list.

I certainly won't try to post any crap against Monica because I respect her, but what you are doing is pretty nasty and miserable. Or are just trying to be cute and funny? :eek:

Oh you can't definitely through him into your ignore list. He is the biggest MOFO on the board.

He'll now go back to the kitchen and finish off his mom on top of the stove inside the trailer.

Hendouble
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:08 PM

Personally, I take it all in a jovial and light-hearted spirit, as you should too. Devon's comment is positively ludicrous, and highly melodramatic if I may say so. I am glad to state that no-one is on my ignore list, since I believe in honest and open discussion on a sensible and mature level, not in petty name-calling and slanging matches.

By the way, the Williams sisters suck. ;)

gweeny
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:10 PM
I think it's funny, even though I am a huger fan of Venus than serena. Well Serena has not had any mercy on Venus in the past year. So unless Venus shapes up, her losses against her sister will continue.
The joke is not tasteless, like some are.

Pureracket
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:14 PM
Selesrules,
Though some of the crap you come up with actually IS funny, why do you always try to "diss" (that's the word you used) the Williams sisters whenever you feel a need to retaliate?

Hendouble
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:14 PM
Ah yes, you are applying the principle of an eye for an eye etc., which can have devastating consequences - look at the Israeli/Palestinian conflict, for instance. The better solution would be if no one had any eyes, but then of course we would all be blinded from the truth in this world... the eyes are the window to the soul, don't forget.

oggie
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:18 PM
It is a joke - don't go nuts just because of some harmless humor.

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 21st, 2003, 11:32 PM
selesrules you are absolutely insane....

c2
Mar 21st, 2003, 11:33 PM
I have it on good authority the source was a large caterpillar smoking a hooka.

frenchvee
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:19 AM
i found the post quite funny
good laugh
:D :D :D

Chance
Mar 22nd, 2003, 12:25 AM
lol I so can't see that happening.

LeonHart
Mar 22nd, 2003, 03:59 AM
I thought he was for reals when i first read it, so i thought it was funny :p. Then i read responses yada yada.

CJ07
Mar 22nd, 2003, 04:01 AM
Monica is #12 and is going to stay there for awhile
hes just venting