PDA

View Full Version : Kim

leslie
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:26 PM
Why is Kim playing so much? She is going to burn herself out. Last week she played single and doubles and now this week she is doing the same thing. Does she need the money that badly? Kim, give you body a rest.

Mercury Rising
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:26 PM
She will...

Chance
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:30 PM
after Nasdaq Kim has about 5 weeks off...oh wait is Kim playing fed cup?

Mercury Rising
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:32 PM
Yes she is playing Fed Cup.

kimclijsters4ever
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:35 PM
Lindsay Davenport played also in every tournament both singles and doubles.... And she has played as many tournaments as Kim....

But I agree she play a bit too much lately but in the next 5 weeks she's playing only 2 matches for Fed Cup... No Charleston, Amelia Island or Warsaw for her...

Ting
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:41 PM
Maybe she's playing so much because she enjoys winning so much ;)

Chance
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:42 PM
ah ok make that 3 weeks off plays fed cup then has another week off...unless she takes a WC in Warsaw.

IMO Kim shouldn't keep the same schedule she had last year, in addition to playing doubles Kim is now reaching semis and finals in all her tournaments - that's a lot of tennis for a 19 year old. I really think playing 22 tournaments is a bad idea but I guess Kim knows what's good for her.

Thanks Noodles is Justine playing too?

Mercury Rising
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:45 PM
Yep both are :D

Chance
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:49 PM
cool...like Venus and Serena who didn't play last year all 4 are now playing.

Ting
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:50 PM
Who's Belgium playing in the Fed Cup??

fleemkeģ
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:55 PM
Austria :D:)

Ting
Mar 21st, 2003, 02:00 PM

Well Go Belgium! With Justine and Kim I bet they'll win.

katrientje
Mar 21st, 2003, 02:38 PM
I am also a bit worried about kim playing so much... I wish she wouldn't play doubles every tournament...

Gowza
Mar 21st, 2003, 08:16 PM
she is trying to catch venus in the rankings. it's quite smart actuall because she doesn't have to face a williams sister in many tournaments at the moment so she gets a lot of points. at the saame time venus isn't getting points because she isn't playing. kim is just trying to give herself a chance of reaching venus.

but i do have to agree that she is playing a bit to much.

Dava
Mar 21st, 2003, 08:26 PM
I think we should let the individual involved decide how many tours they can play. Obviously if its riduclous then we shoudl say hey maybe you are playing too much but Kim is not. Jelena was last year, but Anna Pistolesi was also playing a lot to, but she still managed to improve her ranking, and played well in the majority of tours she did enter.

hinquit
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:07 PM
Kim Clijsters is a replica of Martina Hingis. Play too much to either
keep the ranking or getting close somebody in the ranking.
All these things have a side effect. Who thought Martina Hingis
would have retired at the age of 22 yrs. When she was world number
1 for 4 or more years, people were not looking at what she was doing
to her own body but liked her for being number one in the world despite
not winning that much tournaments anyway.
Kim should know that play too much doesnot keep people up there.
The ability to win that tournament and defend your tittle is very
important in the tennis world.
Venus is between world number 1 and 2 for the past 4 years. She doesn't play many tournaments but she has the ability to defend her
tittles. If Kim can do that, even better her rounds in all the tournaments
she played, she will be number one or two in the world without knowing
it.

irma
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:18 PM
I guess she doesn't want to disappoint Ai once again but I am not sure it isn't too much either

Glenn
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:18 PM
I think we are all overestimating the effect of playing 2-3 hours of tennis every 2 days.

Kim hardly gets tested in the early rounds, in both doubles and singles, so she's like 2 hours on the court, it seriously isn't that bad for an athlete like her, she's very fit and has a strong body.
Go worry about Hantuchova or something, before she breaks in 2.

tfannis
Mar 21st, 2003, 09:20 PM
What is this "she's trying to catch Venus in the rankins"....Rankings are not on Kim's mind....she's just playing the two big tournies in the US and after Miami she'll take a rest of 5 weeks!! Not too much play imo...she's just making the finals or semi's every time :)

Come-on-kim
Mar 21st, 2003, 10:48 PM
BTW, we know that Kim will retire in 3 or 4 years

~|Naomi|~
Mar 21st, 2003, 11:13 PM
Okay I am already waiting for the where is Kim threads during Charelston, Amelia IS etc. when Kim is taking her break. After Miami she is playing 2 singles matches and possibly 1 doubles match for Fed Cup in a 5week time span. Sh isn't keeping the same schedule as last year as she is only playing 2 lead up events ro FO. After Miami, Kim won't play a WTA match till Berlin which starts May 5 :eek: . It is now only March, so I think Kim will have a big enough rest and given she prefers hard courts to clay it isn't surprising she is playing a lot now on the hardcourts so that her results here will compensate for only playing 3 events on Clay this year, 4 if you include FedCup in Bree