PDA

View Full Version : Lena's schedule...

Leena
Mar 19th, 2003, 11:53 PM
First, she doesn't enter Amelia Island and Charleston... now she's not entered for Warsaw, Berlin and Rome! What's up with this?! :mad:

It was fine to just play the lower clay tournies, last year and before, when you were ranked lower... but you're Top 15 now, Lena! Winning crappy tournies like Bol means nothing!

I don't understand this... :sad:

snoop
Mar 19th, 2003, 11:59 PM
That sucks :( I wanted to see her in Berlin :sad:

I donīt understand this schedule either

Leena
Mar 20th, 2003, 12:40 AM
:( That sucks. We miss out on a lot of pics of the goddess. :(

Take back my Bol comment... she's not even playing there.

What is she gonna be doing during the clay season? She's not in Budapest (Tier V) and the only other tournament before RG is Strasbourg...

There's gotta be some reason she's not playing... I hope it's nothing bad. :sad:

King Aaron
Mar 20th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Are you 100% sure she's not playing anything on clay except Sarasota?

Leena
Mar 20th, 2003, 03:54 PM
She's also in Estoril (week after Sarasota), and she's probably playing Fed Cup.

But, after that nothing for a 4 week span until RG...

Apr 14 Bausch & Lomb Championships - Amelia Island, FL, USA II 56/32/16 GCO - NOT ENTERED

Apr 14 Budapest Grand Prix - Budapest, HUN V 32/32/16 RCO - I don't think she's entered... and if she is it would be stupid because it's a Tier V, and she'd be playing 8 consecutive weeks

Apr 21 Fed Cup - Croatia at Russia - I assume she's playing this... although, even if she's there, it's not an assurity she'll play singles or doubles for Russia.

Here's the problem...

Apr 28 J&S Cup - Warsaw, POL II 28/32/16 RCO - NOT ENTERED

Apr 28 Croatian Bol Ladies Open - Bol, CRO III 30/32/16 RCO - NOT ENTERED

May 5 MasterCard German Open - Berlin, GER I 56/32/28 RCO - NOT ENTERED

May 12 Telecom Italia Masters - Rome, ITA I 56/48/28 RCO - NOT ENTERED

May 19 Internationaux de Strasbourg - Strasbourg, FRA* III 30/32/16 RCO - Don't know

May 19 Open de Espana Villa de Madrid - Madrid, ESP* - Don't know

I know the validity of these commitments aren't 100%... but it looks for sure that she's playing NOTHING during the biggest 3 weeks of the clay season.

Dava
Mar 20th, 2003, 04:37 PM
Perhaps she wants to pick up a few titles, as she would do quite easily, or perhaps she wants to play it safe and defend points she aquired at these events last year (I'm not 100% clued in on her playing schedule however).

I think Elena will be in the top 10 at the end of this year.

Leena
Mar 20th, 2003, 04:43 PM
Perhaps she wants to pick up a few titles, as she would do quite easily, or perhaps she wants to play it safe and defend points she aquired at these events last year (I'm not 100% clued in on her playing schedule however).

I think Elena will be in the top 10 at the end of this year.
She's not even doing that, though... she should be entering Bol for a chance at an easy title.

snoop
Mar 20th, 2003, 09:10 PM
I really hope that she will play Strasbourg or I have to wait till Leipzig or Luxembourg :o

I need new pics :D

Leena
Mar 20th, 2003, 09:59 PM
We need new pics of her backside... :p

Doc
Mar 21st, 2003, 04:10 PM
She's missed quite a few tournaments this year. She did the same thing after the Pan Pacific - took a nearly 1 month break.

I imagined she couls have entered a couple of these tournaments to consolidate her ranking. But perhaps its part of some master plan.