PDA

View Full Version : Can Jelena Dokic win a match here?

E. Blackadder
Mar 18th, 2003, 11:44 AM
she started the year very bad, can she regroup herself here?

R16 Angelique Widjaja (INA) W 7-6(4) 6-4
QF Lisa Raymond (USA) L 4-6 2-6

R16 Emilie Loit (FRA) W 6-4 6-3
QF Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) L 1-6 3-6

R32 Ai Sugiyama (JPN) L 5-7 7-5 3-6

R16 Meghann Shaughnessy (USA) L 4-6 2-6

R64 Barbara Rittner (GER) L 1-6 7-5 3-6

vutt
Mar 18th, 2003, 12:03 PM
I won't be shocked is she will loose another 1st match. She have been in poor form since september'02 and there are no signs why it should change rapidly this week. :sad:

However there is always turning point unless u want end up like Martina H.
And why not this week? :cool:

Daniel
Mar 18th, 2003, 12:05 PM
No, lol :o

As far I have seen her hitting the ball, her game is not there. butmyabeher opponets has a bad day so she can win

Butshe is still beautiful :D :lick:

Chance
Mar 18th, 2003, 12:26 PM
well Jelena plays either VRP or Svetlana,right?
I say in her current form that's a tough 2nd round match.

I haven't seen her matches this year but I would like to know if Jelena is losing these matches because she is trying alter her game plan but isn't comfortable just yet with the transition or is Dokic still playing her same game and still losing to these players?

WhatTheDeuce
Mar 18th, 2003, 04:02 PM
well Jelena plays either VRP or Svetlana,right?
I say in her current form that's a tough 2nd round match.

I haven't seen her matches this year but I would like to know if Jelena is losing these matches because she is trying alter her game plan but isn't comfortable just yet with the transition or is Dokic still playing her same game and still losing to these players?

id like to know this also

Glenn
Mar 18th, 2003, 05:29 PM
No way she can beat Kuznetsova or Ruano Pascual!
:wavey: Jelena.

Gowza
Mar 18th, 2003, 08:09 PM
i agree with Glenn, she won't beat kuznetsova or ruano pascual but i expect her opponent will be sveta and i don't think dokic will beat her. sveta would be a tough opponent if jelena was playing well and she is far from that.

Whatzup
Mar 18th, 2003, 09:27 PM
No, she has the luck that she received a bye in the first round. I think, if she plays against Svetlana in the 2nd round she will lose with 5-7 2-6 or something like that! In the other way she will lose too with that score I think LOL :D

Havok
Mar 18th, 2003, 10:01 PM
i would even be shocked to find out that Dokic bombed out in yet another first round loss, but i do think that she'll make it to at least the 4th round here. i just have a hunch, but again i dont know how she's playing, if she's playing like crap, if she's still uncomfortable with her gameplan change, etc. we'll just wait and see. but i do think she'll win at least one match here. but it's a good thing that she bombed out early last year too.

zeorzin
Mar 19th, 2003, 12:35 AM
She will win kuznetsova and ruano pascual

Go Jelena!

Berlin_Calling
Mar 19th, 2003, 12:38 AM
Im afraid both Kuznetsova and Ruano are out of her league ATM :o

Havok
Mar 19th, 2003, 01:03 AM
Im afraid both Kuznetsova and Ruano are out of her league ATM :o
do u mean a league lower or higher. personally i think she'll beat them. both have never played Dokic before and don't know what kind of power they will be playing against. i dont think ruano-pascual will cause problems because she's like conchita martinez and Dokic has beaten her 5 out of the last 5 times they played, and she mauled Loit who is supposedly "crafty". i think she'll make it to at least the third round, but i could very well be eating my words in the near future

King Aaron
Mar 19th, 2003, 01:36 PM
Jelena hasn't been playing well at all. Her doubles run at Indian Wells was great for her confidents. Hopefully she can play the way she should and not rush balls and whack silly returns. On current form Sveta should come through and play Jelena. Svetlana is a very good and talented player. If I were to say who would win, I'd say Sveta. Jelena just isn't in the right form and I hope she proves me wrong by winning her first match here. Go Jelena!

Dava
Mar 19th, 2003, 01:54 PM
If she gets Virginia then I think she will win, but Svetlana will be harder