PDA

View Full Version : Wasn't the website better in previous years ?

GoDominique
Mar 17th, 2003, 04:25 PM
They always had a proper (GS-like) scoreboard. And even for qualies, as far as I remember. Or am I wrong ?
Anyway, this is crap. :mad:

selesfan
Mar 17th, 2003, 04:48 PM
They always had a proper (GS-like) scoreboard. And even for qualies, as far as I remember. Or am I wrong ?
Anyway, this is crap. :mad:

You are right. This scoreboard is crap. :mad:

Crazy Canuck
Mar 17th, 2003, 05:36 PM
I'm very dissapointed in the website. The Masters Series for the ATP all have the same standard website, with a decent scoreboard, and are easily navigatable.

This website that they have proved is absolute shite. I can't even find the qualie draw on it.

GoDominique
Mar 17th, 2003, 05:42 PM
Well, I actually thought that the site would be much worse than it appears to be now, because I didn't know that a scoreboard exists.
If they put some proper links on it, I'm satisfied. :)

selesfan
Mar 17th, 2003, 05:43 PM
I'm very dissapointed in the website. The Masters Series for the ATP all have the same standard website, with a decent scoreboard, and are easily navigatable.

This website that they have proved is absolute shite. I can't even find the qualie draw on it.

Becca, will the ATP use a masters site scoreboard? When I click the Miami masters it comes up with the same crap website.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 17th, 2003, 06:00 PM
this is how to make a website

a 10K site with match stats for qualfying ;)
http://www.tmi.fft.fr/tournois2003/draw.asp?CodeEvent=033275&NumDraw=1

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 17th, 2003, 06:01 PM
the ATP will use the same site
this is the only masters event which doesn't use the regular site

GoDominique
Mar 17th, 2003, 06:14 PM
this is how to make a website

a 10K site with match stats for qualfying ;)
http://www.tmi.fft.fr/tournois2003/draw.asp?CodeEvent=033275&NumDraw=1
Wow, Sandra Volk only needed one minute for the first set against Bensilum (?) and 15 minutes in total. :eek:

selesfan
Mar 17th, 2003, 06:28 PM
the ATP will use the same site
this is the only masters event which doesn't use the regular site

Thanks Eggy!

Keith
Mar 17th, 2003, 06:59 PM
Jen is on the front page! Not bad!

Hendouble
Mar 17th, 2003, 07:05 PM
Miami always has to be different in some way, doesn't it? It's the only North American TMS to have a best of 5-set final (which is of course very welcome), and it also has to have a different website with a layout and design that looks like it's been concocted by a bored eight-year old. And the articles... geez Louise, I could write more in-depth and informative pieces, and I'm not even at the tournament like they are. Moreover, unlike the other websites they have no photo galleries to speak of, last year's website had about a dozen photos from a week and a half's worth of tennis. Decidedly poor.

sperosgeorgejr
Mar 17th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Microsoft, replacing IBM, is the new provider of software, services and Internet technologies for the tournament.

http://www.nasdaq-100open.com/news/pr/news20139.html

NASDAQ-100 Open Signs Microsoft As Official Technology Partner of 2003 Tournament

2003 NASDAQ-100 Open

MIAMI -- (MARCH, 2003) Microsoft, the world's largest software company, has signed on as the Official Technology Partner of the 2003 NASDAQ-100 Open, Tournament Chairman Butch Buchholz announced this week. Microsoft, a NASDAQ-listed company, will have its familiar logos displayed side-by-side with NASDAQ on the back wall, bringing a synergy which is unprecedented in sports title sponsorships.

The 19th NASDAQ-100 Open, the world's largest tournament with title sponsorship, will be played March 19-30 in Miami. Champions Serena Williams and Andre Agassi are set to defend their singles titles as 96 men and 96 women compete for over $6.2 million in prize money.

"Our brand is one of most important assets we have to demonstrate the business value we offer to companies worldwide," said Jon Roskill, General Manager of Server and Developer Marketing at Microsoft.

"Sponsoring the NASDAQ-100 Open, gives us another means of communicating to our customers worldwide that Microsoft gives businesses the software they need to be agile and stay ahead in an increasingly competitive and cost-conscious marketplace."

"We are proud to partner with Microsoft and all that the brand represents in today's world," Buchholz said. "Microsoft is easily one of the most recognizable brands on earth. I am excited about the future potential of this partnership and how their vast capabilities can be applied at the NASDAQ-100 Open."

The signing of Microsoft is clearly a step toward realizing the long-term vision that Buchholz and Wick Simmons, Chairman of The Nasdaq Stock Market set forth in consummating the NASDAQ-100 title sponsorship in February 2002.

"I've said from the day we signed NASDAQ to name our tournament that I hope to look out over the stadium one day in the future and see NASDAQ-listed companies displaying their brands prominently on the NASDAQ-100 Open back wall. The addition of Microsoft, one of the NASDAQ's elite, is a giant step in that direction," Buchholz said.

"We set out to create a title sponsorship that would be about more than just the NASDAQ brand, but about our listed companies," Simmons said. "Bringing Microsoft on board at the NASDAQ-100 Open is a key piece to realizing this goal. NASDAQ is the home of category-defining companies that are changing the world and there is no better standard-bearer for NASDAQ-listed companies than Microsoft."

MICROSOFT:
Founded in 1975, Microsoft (Nasdaq "MSFT") is the worldwide leader in software, services and Internet technologies for personal and business computing. The company offers a wide range of products and services designed to empower people through great software -- any time, any place and on any device.

ABOUT THE NASDAQ-100 OPEN:
Heading into its 19th year, the 2003 NASDAQ-100 Open will be played March 19-30 at the Tennis Center at Crandon Park in Miami. The tournament, founded by Butch Buchholz in 1985, is owned by IMG. The NASDAQ-100 Open is one of nine Tennis Masters Series events on the ATP calendar, a top tier event on the WTA TOUR calendar, and features the top men's and women's tennis players in the world. In 2002, Serena Williams began her remarkable run to No. 1 by defeating Venus Williams in the semifinals and Jennifer Capriati in the finals. Andre Agassi won his second title in a row and fifth overall, tying him with Steffi Graf for most championships. Call (305) 442-3367 for tickets and more information or visit the website at www.NASDAQ-100open.com.