PDA

View Full Version : lleyton

kimmekefan
Mar 14th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Questions put to Lleyton in October 2001:

Do you have a pet?
No I donít have a pet at the moment because Iím travelling overseas for a large part of the year. When I was very young we used to have an Old English sheepdog called Henry!

After Australia, which is your favourite country?
Belgium!! Guess why?

What do you worry about? Death? loneliness?
At the moment I would have to say that my biggest worry is the terrorism which has affected not only the United States but the rest of the world.

Do you have a teddy bear for sleeping ?
NO! But my sister does!

Which was your biggest mischief when a child ?
I was practising hitting golf balls on my front lawn and accidentally hit and smashed my neighbourís window.

What is the main characteristics of Lleyton?
Lleyton loves to compete and hates to lose. He is also a very caring, loyal and generous person.

What other sport does Lleyton like?
Australian Rules football (Go the Crows!) and golf.

Do you think expectations will increase now that you have won your first Grand Slam?
Yes, I do think expectations will increase. The more successful you are, the greater the expectation and with that comes more pressure.

Which Grand Slam would you most like to win?
To win any Grand Slam would be wonderful. To win the US Open this year against Pete Sampras in the final was unbelievable. To win the Australian Open with the aussie crowd behind me would be fantastic.

How did you celebrate your 1st US Open win since you are too young to drink in the States? *lol*
I had a quiet dinner with family and friends in the US. I had a celebratory beer with my mates when I returned to Australia.

Now that you've won the U.S. Open, are you going to approach your tennis or training any differently?
There wonít be any great changes. I still need to work on certain areas of my game. Perhaps having a rest the week before a Grand Slam event as I did at the US Open may be a good idea for future slams.

What is your shoe size?
10-1/2 Nike (U.S.) Air Court Motion

Do you actually like the clothes Nike sends you, or do you just wear them because they offered you the best contract?
Nowadays Nike show me the gear they produce for me 6-12 months ahead of time. I can actually have some say as to whether it is practical and can try it out before the public sees me wearing it in competition.

As a junior I wore many different brands, although Nike was one of my favourites. I was then very pleased when Nike approached me to sign with them.

Questions put to Lleyton in April 2001:

Q. At what tension do you string your racquet
A. I string my racquet between 55-70 pounds depending on the surface. I use natural gut.

Q. Can you explain the Mats Wilander gesture.
A. No, I cannot explain this gesture, it is something that impressed me as a junior when I used to watch Mats. Perhaps the Swedes know.

Q. What is your favourite book at the moment?
A. "Hurricane"

Q. What surface do you prefer to play on?
A. Rebound Ace

Q. What is your most disappointing moment?
A. Losing to Ferrero in Spain in the Davis Cup Final.

Q. Have you ever contemplated getting a piercing or a tattoo?
A. No, I have never been in favour of this.

What is your favourite tournament?
A. The Australian Open in Melbourne

Q. Have you ever played a musical instrument?
A. I did have guitar lessons as a small child but I would be a little "rusty" now though *lol*

Q. Do you speak any other languages?
A. I am trying to learn Dutch.

Q. Are you still with Octagon?
A. Yes, I have been with them for quite a few years now.

Q. What type of racquet do you use?
A. Yonex Super RD Tour

What is your favorite food? Lasagne.

Favorite drink? Coke.

Favorite movie? Rocky, Beverly Hills Cop.

Favorite actor? Eddie Murphy.

Favorite actress? Sharon Stone.

Favorite music? Probably Midnight Oil.

Do you play any other sports? Iíll play a round of golf if I get the chance or Iíll watch some Australian Rules Football.

Do you still have that Agassi poster up on your bedroom wall? Yeah, I still do.

Who were your childhood heroes? Stefan Edberg and Mats Wilander.

If you werenít a tennis player, what do you think youíd be? An AFL Footballer.

from www.lleytonhewitt.biz

Emza
Mar 17th, 2003, 07:10 AM
Love it!
Pfffff... to his terrorism comment
What a legend! to his midnight oil comment!
Thanks mate!