PDA

View Full Version : 2013 - 7/8 - Andrea's Final stretch - Linz & Luxembourg 2013

KatjaS
Oct 3rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
http://i.imgur.com/tJKA6c4l.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/Nuvola_Austrian_flag.svg/15px-Nuvola_Austrian_flag.svg.png Generali Ladies - Linz, Austria http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bf/Nuvola_Austrian_flag.svg/15px-Nuvola_Austrian_flag.svg.png
07 October - 13 October
Indoor Hard Court | International | $235,000

R1 - Andrea Petkovic def. Yvonne Meusburger 6-3 7-5
R2 - Sloane Stephens def. Andrea Petkovic 7-6 4-6 6-3

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/74/Nuvola_Luxemburgish_flag.svg/15px-Nuvola_Luxemburgish_flag.svg.png BGL BNP Paribas Luxembourg Open - Luxembourg http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/74/Nuvola_Luxemburgish_flag.svg/15px-Nuvola_Luxemburgish_flag.svg.png
14 October - 20 October
Indoor Hard Court | International | $235,000

R1 - Andrea Petkovic def. Genie Bouchard 2-6 7-5 6-1
R2 - Karin Knapp def. Andrea Petkovic 7-5 7-5

mk27
Oct 5th, 2013, 12:47 PM
WTA Linz

Stephens(1) vs Rybarikova
Petkovic vs Meusburger
Moser(WC) vs Voegele
Knapp vs Hantuchova(7)

First meeting against Meusburger

KatjaS
Oct 5th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Ok R1, difficult R2..

ozza
Oct 5th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Thank you Katja.

I don't think the draw is that bad. She should beat Meusburger indoors. R2 is winnable whoever it's against.

matthias
Oct 5th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Meusburger can be tricky, but she should for sure beat her

Dorien.
Oct 5th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Meusburger surprised me this year but she should indeed win that one.

Carsten
Oct 5th, 2013, 08:06 PM
can't get any easier in R1, R2 is tougher of course.

KatjaS
Oct 6th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Doubles in Linz with Jule.

KatjaS
Oct 6th, 2013, 04:51 PM
Doubles tomorrow 4th after 12:00 on Court 1. :(

Singles on Tuesday.

KatjaS
Oct 7th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Andi & Jule have won their doubles match 10-6 in the MTB. Solid play from Andi except for one game where she went completely bonkers. ;)

KatjaS
Oct 7th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Her singles match against Meusburger tomorrow NB 16:00 on Center Court (live on Eurosport).

Dorien.
Oct 7th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Good they could start with a win in doubles :)

rucolo
Oct 9th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Andrea into Linz R2 ! :cheer:

Meusburger was a tricky opponent, in form of her life and really smart. Well done :)

Now get revenge on arrogant Stephens for Wimbledon loss. Destroy her :devil:

KatjaS
Oct 10th, 2013, 08:22 PM
She's still in doubles in Linz...tomorrow 2nd after 14:00 on Court 1 against Buryachok/Piter.

KatjaS
Oct 11th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Lost doubles 6-7 5-7, Andi was solid for most of the match with some great play from time to time. Off to Luxembourg, final tournament of the year.

matthias
Oct 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM
i donīt know if i checked it right, but with Lisicki still in LUX list, Petko would be #9
if Lisicki pulls out, she would be seeded #8

as seed she would avoid Wozniacki, Stephens, Flipkens and Safarova at least until the QF

KatjaS
Oct 12th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Should be correct.

Genie is in the Osaka final though, so I think there's a decent chance she won't play Luxembourg. That would get Andi seeded.

rucolo
Oct 12th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Andrea :sad:

Pissed she lost again to disgusting Stephens :fiery:

mk27
Oct 12th, 2013, 04:29 PM
WTA Luxembourg

(3)Lisicki v Vekic
Mladenovic v Q
Q v Knapp
Petkovic v (7)Bouchard

matthias
Oct 12th, 2013, 05:10 PM
(1)Wozniacki v (wc)Minella
Cadantu v Niculescu
Hsieh v Q
Schiavone v (8)Jovanovski

(3)Lisicki v Vekic
Mladenovic v Q
Q v Knapp
Petkovic v (7)Bouchard

(5)Safarova v Peng
Pironkova v Beck
(wc)Watson v Wickmayer
Q v (4)Flipkens

(6)Barthel v Voegele
Dominguez Lino v Ka. Pliskova
Meusburger v Begu
(wc)Bacsinszky v (2)Stephens

jetzt muss ich mal dumm fragen.
Wenn Bouchard absagt, kann Petko dann gleich ihren Platz bekommen?
Wenn Lisicki absagt, dann würde Safarova den Platz von Lisicki bekommen, und Petko den von Safarova?

KatjaS
Oct 12th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Ja, stimmt so.

Decent draw. Genie's very strong recently, but if she even shows up she'll be very jetlagged and if she doesn't show up Petko gets a LL/Q.

matthias
Oct 12th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Ja, stimmt so.

Decent draw. Genie's very strong recently, but if she even shows up she'll be very jetlagged and if she doesn't show up Petko gets a LL/Q.

yes, for once a decent Draw
with the chance to go deep
but she need to play good tennis

Demi_Hedem
Oct 13th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Why does she always have such a draw?!

matthias
Oct 13th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Why does she always have such a draw?!

on first view itīs for sure a tough draw
but letīs hope Eugenie pulls out

Demi_Hedem
Oct 13th, 2013, 12:49 PM
on first view itīs for sure a tough draw
but letīs hope Eugenie pulls out
Sorry for Genie, but I was really happy when I saw her play three sets today
Evil thoughts full of my mind

matthias
Oct 13th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Lisicki was seen on the Trainingscourt, so she not gonna pull out it seems
so we need to hope Bouchard is tired

KatjaS
Oct 13th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Pretty sure she will be, she played a final today, unless they put that match on Wednesday I'd say Andi is the big favorite, you can't just overcome jetlag like that this easily.

ozza
Oct 13th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Pretty sure she will be, she played a final today, unless they put that match on Wednesday I'd say Andi is the big favorite, you can't just overcome jetlag like that this easily.

Depends how much pull Bouchard has with the organisers I guess.

Eg.

Alize Cornet ‏@alizecornet 2m
In Moscow, playing 1st match at 1 tomorrow when I kindly asked the tournament to make me play on tuesday or wednesday in order to get

Alize Cornet ‏@alizecornet 1m
a little more rest for my back! Thanks WTA for taking care so well about your players :) !! #moremotivatedthanever

Demi_Hedem
Oct 13th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Tomorrow's schedule has released, I evilly wished they would play tomorrow , which is apparently unrealistic.
So Petko's first round will probably start on Tuesday or UNLUCKILY on Wednesday , I fear it might happen:(
To hope Petko can play better may be more realistic, don't count on Genie's tiredness.

matthias
Oct 13th, 2013, 03:36 PM
i expect them to play Wednesday - they always do this favor to the seeded players

KatjaS
Oct 14th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Genie is playing Luxembourg, but apparently she left Osaka only today, so if their match is tomorrow Andrea has to win this.

Thank you guys for your support. Now off to Luxembourg. One last push!

matthias
Oct 14th, 2013, 10:06 AM
she will be fine, the Wednesday Schedule for her match is/was NID
going to Frankfurt, and a short ride to Luxembourg
having a hit on tuesday, and she will be fine for Wednesday
so not a easy Draw for Petko

KatjaS
Oct 14th, 2013, 10:28 AM
The tournament schedule (http://www.bglbnpparibas-open.lu/de/schedule.php) has only R2s on Wednesday.

matthias
Oct 14th, 2013, 10:30 AM
The tournament schedule (http://www.bglbnpparibas-open.lu/de/schedule.php) has only R2s on Wednesday.

okay, but i wouldnīt be surprised if Petko would be the only 1st round match on Wednesday
honestly i expect it to be played on Wednesday

KatjaS
Oct 14th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Certainly possible, but on the other hand the tournament would probably prefer Andi in R2 instead of Genie, so they don't really have a reason to put it on Wednesday except as a courtesy to Genie. When Julia arrived late in Katowice they put her on Tuesday even though they did have Wednesday R1 matches, but that depends on the individual organizers. We'll see.

matthias
Oct 14th, 2013, 10:39 AM
5 MD matches gonna be played today
so i canīt see them play all remaining 11 matches tomorrow :shrug:

CillyUltra
Oct 14th, 2013, 11:23 AM
okay, but i wouldnīt be surprised if Petko would be the only 1st round match on Wednesday
honestly i expect it to be played on Wednesday

Bouchard is neither a top seed nor a crowd puller. So most likely they will be scheduled for tomorrow evening.

matthias
Oct 14th, 2013, 11:29 AM
i hope you are gonna be right

mk27
Oct 14th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Petkovic will play on Wednesday

KatjaS
Oct 14th, 2013, 04:21 PM
That's fair, but unfortunate for Petko. Makes life more difficult.

matthias
Oct 14th, 2013, 04:32 PM
I told you so :shrug:

ozza
Oct 14th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Certainly possible, but on the other hand the tournament would probably prefer Andi in R2 instead of Genie, so they don't really have a reason to put it on Wednesday except as a courtesy to Genie. When Julia arrived late in Katowice they put her on Tuesday even though they did have Wednesday R1 matches, but that depends on the individual organizers. We'll see.

Bouchard is neither a top seed nor a crowd puller. So most likely they will be scheduled for tomorrow evening.

It's not so much about now though. Tournaments like Luxembourg want to get/keep players like Bouchard on side for the future, build a relationship for the future so maybe they can attract her if/when she breaks through.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are early on Wednesday too, to help with the time adjustment Bouchard has to make.

KatjaS
Oct 14th, 2013, 05:10 PM
It's not so much about now though. Tournaments like Luxembourg want to get/keep players like Bouchard on side for the future, build a relationship for the future so maybe they can attract her if/when she breaks through.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are early on Wednesday too, to help with the time adjustment Bouchard has to make.

True, and as I said, it's fair and we can't really object to it. But it also makes the match more difficult for Petko and I secretly hoped that they'd be mean to Genie to help Andrea. I'm biased. :p

ozza
Oct 14th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Yes, no qualms about playing Wednesday whatsoever.

CillyUltra
Oct 14th, 2013, 06:01 PM

Bouchard has achieved nothing of relevance nor is she that relevant for the tournament which would justify such a special treatment. If Genie wants to play in Moscow in future, which seems to be extremely popular among players (:lol:): DO IT!

Awkward decision that puts one of the tournament's figureheads in disadvantage to other players.

mk27
Oct 15th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Tomorrow 2nd match after 01:00 PM

WimbleBine
Oct 16th, 2013, 07:45 AM
i hope she can beat the barbie girl bouchard and then come into the quarterfinal so Bine can show to her who is the best german :) :) :)

KatjaS
Oct 16th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Are they gonna watch Kerber-videos together?

KatjaS
Oct 16th, 2013, 02:42 PM
With a little help from friendly Mr. jet lag she overcame an absolutely terrible first set and a half and won. :cheer: Tomorrow vs. Knapp next.

kadiHH
Oct 16th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Good to know she got the terrible tennis out of her system today and still won. Better tennis tomorrow, I'm certain of it! Go Petko!

KatjaS
Oct 16th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Tomorrow 2nd after 13:00 again against Knapp who had the day off.

Loveangelnr1
Oct 16th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Go Andrea :bounce:

rucolo
Oct 16th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Great win, Andrea ! :drool: :banana:

Strong fight back from 2-6 1-4 to win. Showed Andrea`s mental strength :worship:

What a short, cold handshake from Bouchard :rolleyes:

KatjaS
Oct 17th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Lost 5-7 5-7 to Knapp. Fighting spirit was alive, her game wasn't. The first set was actually worse than yesterdays...stupid end to the season. :(

Demi_Hedem
Oct 17th, 2013, 04:09 PM
This kind of loss can't be avoided. She's just totally out of her form.

~Poseidon~
Oct 17th, 2013, 07:09 PM
I guess it's an okayish year in the end. She missed 1/4 of the season and she'll finish as a top 50 player again.
I can remember the drama in this forum, when she lost in Paris qualies: She'll never gonna be back, she's finished, she's done.
Blabla

Actually there weren't many bad losses after that. And even those losses against Martic and Schiavone were losses against good tennis players.
Her game is still not there yet, but it's showing more often, she's getting closer, slowly.

2014 is going to be her year. I'm quite positive.

Schnffy
Oct 17th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Andrea Petkovic ‏@andreapetkovic
Boah, that was awful today! Perfect soundtrack to that: The Pixies - Where Is My Mind

Carsten
Oct 17th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I guess it's my fault :lol: every time i watch her live in Luxembourg she loses :o I shouldn't go there again when she plays :tape:

Well she played, how can i say it nicely... not so good :lol: Now she can finally go on holidays, her forehand is already there i guess :p

At least she got a warning today for telling the umpire to open her eyes :hearts:

rucolo
Oct 17th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Andrea :sad:

No shame to lose to Knapp. But serve seemed weak. And no match vs Sabine :sobbing:

At least she got a warning today for telling the umpire to open her eyes :hearts:

:rolls: