PDA

View Full Version : Kim profile in US Tennis magazine

Pinkie
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:01 AM
I'm not sure where to post this, so feel free to move it Ingrid.

The April 2003 issue of Tennis Magazine has a profile of Kim in its front-of-the-book section. I don't have a scanner, so unfortunately I can't scan the nice Kim-in-action picture that goes with it.

In any event, here's the copy. Includes some new bits I didn't know yet... There are so many things I want to say about Kim, Lleyton and the nature sounds, but I'll refrain from making cheeky comments :angel: :D

The Contender

Watch out Venus and Serena -- Kim Clijsters is making her move

If any player has a chance to break up the Williams hegemony, it's Kim Clijsters. She's just 19, steadily improving, and already No. 3 in the world. She reached the Roland Garros final in 2001, beat Serena to win last year's WTA Championships in Los Angeles, and held two match points against the world No. 1 in the semi-finals of the 2003 Australian Open. We wanted to know more about the hard-hitting Belgian.

Tell us something about yourself that your fans don't know.
I have times when I'm very messy and one day I'll just clean up everything. But I'm more messy than clean. At home, where I know where I have to put everything, I'm fine, but I just don't find any rhythm in hotel rooms. Another thing is, I'm always in a good mood.

How do you keep the wins and losses in perspective?
My mom had a liver transplant and you realize losing a tennis match is nothing compared to all the other things that can happen in your life. It can be disappointing right after a match but I don't really worry about those things anymore.

When you stop playing tennis:
I would definitely help coach kids and travel with them as well.

Favorite food:
I love Japanese. California rolls are one of my favorites.

What scares you?
I'm scared of flying, which isn't very good for a tennis player. Some animals I don't like --snakes and rats.

What makes you laugh?
My dog. And I really like the movie Dumb and Dumber.

Your favorite sounds?
I have these nature CDs, like water running and birds. Whenever I go to sleep at night, I put one on and I fall asleep. It's really really relaxing.

What makes you cry?
Movies like The Hurricane

Describe your ideal vacation:
LLeyton [Hewitt] and I, we went on a holiday, after he played in Shanghai last year, to Port Douglas [in Queensland, Australia] and we went on a boat, snorkeling and fishing on the Barrier Reef. That's one of the best holidays I've ever had."

lleytnkim
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:20 AM
Thanks Tinne :kiss:
LLeyton [Hewitt] and I, we went on a holiday, after he played in Shanghai last year, to Port Douglas [in Queensland, Australia] and we went on a boat, snorkeling and fishing on the Barrier Reef. That's one of the best holidays I've ever had."

Hmmmmm :p ;)

:hearts: :hearts: I wonder why she feels that way! ;) :p

~|Naomi|~
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:38 AM
Thanks so much :kiss:

hmm I wonder what Lleyton thinks about her nature tapes :confused: ;)

angele87
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:42 AM

:D :hearts: :angel:

Thanks for the interview Tinne :kiss:

Elke
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:50 AM
Thanks so much :kiss:

hmm I wonder what Lleyton thinks about her nature tapes :confused: ;)
It is relaxing, you know!
But I don't even want to know Lleyton's reaction is :o
But I found an aricle on off. site of LH: 'He may be popular in the lockerroom,but there aren't a lot of Aussie players fighting to sleep with him. Nice as he is, Lleyton keeps roommates awake all night by grinding his teeth in his sleep. Maybe he's reliving his matches.'
So there's an explanation!;)

Kim's being messy and Lleyton is extremely neat, bet Lleyton does the cleaning up thing in the family!:p

~|Naomi|~
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:02 AM
bet Lleyton does the cleaning up thing in the family

Heehee I can so see Lleyton cleaning up the hotel room :) Kim will put something down somewhere and he will run and pick it up and put it away somewhere. Cause I rememeber an interview with john Newcombe when he was still Aus Davis Cup Captain and he said the first time he went into Lleyton's room he thought he had gone into the wrong room cause it was so neat and it looked like noone lived in it, bet if he walked into Lleyton's room now he wouldn't think that due to Kim's messiness :D

angele87
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:41 AM
Am I the only one who would of taught that Lleyton was messy? :o

angele87
Mar 14th, 2003, 01:42 AM
Heehee I can so see Lleyton cleaning up the hotel room :) Kim will put something down somewhere and he will run and pick it up and put it away somewhere. Cause I rememeber an interview with john Newcombe when he was still Aus Davis Cup Captain and he said the first time he went into Lleyton's room he thought he had gone into the wrong room cause it was so neat and it looked like noone lived in it, bet if he walked into Lleyton's room now he wouldn't think that due to Kim's messiness :D
LOL :D

possie
Mar 14th, 2003, 02:18 AM

Yeh, but how much of it was actually the boat, snorkeling, reef etc. that made it the "best holiday ever" ?? ;) :p

Lleyton keeps roommates awake all night by grinding his teeth in his sleep. Maybe he's re-living his matches.

:eek: :eek: Someone needs to ask Kim about how she deals with this one!!!

I'm always in a good mood.

Really....even when you haven't seen a certain somebody for a couple of weeks??? ;) ;)

PS. Welcome back from your trip Angele :) ....it was weird not having you around! Glad you're back :kiss:

angele87
Mar 14th, 2003, 03:07 AM
PS. Welcome back from your trip Angele :) ....it was weird not having you around! Glad you're back :kiss:

Thanks :kiss: I'm glad I was missed :) I'm glad to be back as well, I really missed everybody :sad: :kiss:

duck
Mar 14th, 2003, 08:40 AM
I used to grind my teeth in my sleep. I ony know this becasue i was woken up and told to stop. It is very annoying for other people. Comes from stress/tension. Poor Ll

I'm sure it was communing with nature that made Kim's holiday great. :cool:

pathfinder
Mar 14th, 2003, 09:24 AM
Thank you very much Pinkie :hearts: .Really interesting.

Your favorite sounds?
I have these nature CDs, like water running and birds. Whenever I go to sleep at night, I put one on and I fall asleep. It's really really relaxing

During the day,i agree :angel: but during the night :eek: ...how do you do it Kim?...I have to get up and go to the bathroom every two minutes :o exaggerate

KaseyL
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Great one, Tine! Thanks :kiss:

KaseyL
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:12 PM
I used to grind my teeth in my sleep. I ony know this becasue i was woken up and told to stop. It is very annoying for other people. Comes from stress/tension. Poor Ll

I somehow doubt he's still doing that nowadays, don't see why he still would be so stressed before falling asleep, when Kim is around, that is... ;)

I'm sure it was communing with nature that made Kim's holiday great. :cool:

LOL sure

well, eh, ...depends how you'd define nature :p

Cilla
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the article Tinne! :kiss:

ikke
Mar 14th, 2003, 02:54 PM
nice interview, thanks :kiss:

Kornelija
Mar 14th, 2003, 03:37 PM
thanks! :kiss: Great interview!

pruts
Mar 14th, 2003, 05:11 PM
veryyyyy nice interview THXXX!!! :worship: :worship: :kiss: :worship: :worship:

thalle
Mar 14th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Oh... So nice :angel:

kit
Mar 14th, 2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the interview!!!I have nature cds too.It's really good to relaxing,but I can't sleep,when I listen the cds.
Kim is messy??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Lleyki
Mar 14th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Great article :hearts: thx :kiss:

kim is messy :eek: and lleyton is clean :eek: :eek: I always thought it was the other way round lol

Ashie_87
Mar 15th, 2003, 09:09 PM
thanx 4 the article! :)
i have some nature cds to...mine are dolphins...n they r relaxing but i cant fall asleep coz i keep listening to them!
i soooo neva would hav thought that Kim was messy n Lleyton was neat...i thought it would have been the other way round... :confused:

Emza
Mar 17th, 2003, 07:53 AM
[/QUOTE]Describe your ideal vacation:
LLeyton [Hewitt] and I, we went on a holiday, after he played in Shanghai last year, to Port Douglas [in Queensland, Australia] and we went on a boat, snorkeling and fishing on the Barrier Reef. That's one of the best holidays I've ever had."[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, Port Douglas, the things she mentions inthe interview are great. So I'm sure there is some truth in what she said. Believe me, snokeling in the Barrier Reef is BEAUTIFUL.

Emza
Mar 17th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Oh damn, stuffed that up hey...