PDA

View Full Version : Capriati vs Davenport: who will win???

banana
Mar 13th, 2003, 02:41 AM
So this is really a fight for the No.#5! Davenport has a 7-2 record against Jen but they haven't played since Zurich 2001! plus Indian Wells is a slow hard court which would favour Jen!

Good luck to both girlz

magassi
Mar 13th, 2003, 02:44 AM
It depends on Jenn's serve. She still has not gotten a coach to help her with it. Tonight she served at 41% 1st serve in. That will not cut it against Lindsay.

Venus Forever
Mar 13th, 2003, 02:54 AM
Lindsay in 2.

GO LINDSAY!!:bounce:

1jackson2001
Mar 13th, 2003, 03:09 AM
If Jen serves well..it could be really close...otherwise it should be Lindsay who emerges the victor.

bis2806
Mar 13th, 2003, 03:11 AM
Davenport will win for sure!!!!!

banana
Mar 13th, 2003, 03:28 AM
yeah but jen was fully going 4 it and was winning something like 90% of the points when her first serve wnet in! i think that her serve has improved alot since the start of the year, juss look at the stats: Sydney-14 df's Indian wells vs Zvonereva- 4 df's. If Capriati can jump on top early i think she has a gr8 shot of pulling out the win :devil:

Jan
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Lindsay in 2 sets, she's nearer her A game than Jen is in my opinion.
:wavey:

LUXXXAS
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:07 PM
I think that all depends on Lindsay's serve...GooD LucK Lindsay!!!!

JCAP
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:14 PM
all i can say is go kick some butt Cappy :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Luna_Angel_84
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:17 PM
Jen! It WILL be tough but if she keeps up the level that she had against Vera then I don't see why not!

Nikki
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:48 PM
3 sets with Lindsay edging it :)

Lindsita
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:40 PM
3 sets with Lindsay edging it :)
Jennifer will win in straight sets, I`m sure. Lindsay can do nothing. :bounce:
www.jencapriati.narod.ru

patricio
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Ok, you talk about Jen's serve but you are missing that Davenport is real slow, while Capriati is much faster and to be honest Davenport in far away from the player on Zurich 01. I say Capriati in three.

Maajken
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:44 PM
Ok, you talk about Jen's serve but you are missing that Davenport is real slow.
sure, a snail in its old days is faster than linds :rolleyes: what she misses in speed, she'll definitely make up with her serving.

linds in 2

Dawn Marie
Mar 14th, 2003, 06:52 AM
This match is on Lindsay's raquet. If she serves well and remains consistant on her groundies then she will win this. Jennifer's serve is a liability and if she plays like she did against Vera she will go home.

6/3 6/2 Lindsay. It could be a 6/2 6/1 match. It depends on Jen's serve and Lindsay's serve.

Jan
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:47 AM
This match is on Lindsay's raquet. If she serves well and remains consistant on her groundies then she will win this. Jennifer's serve is a liability and if she plays like she did against Vera she will go home.

6/3 6/2 Lindsay. It could be a 6/2 6/1 match. It depends on Jen's serve and Lindsay's serve.

I agree Dawn Marie

Come on Lindsay - lets win this semi final
:cool:

Oasiatic
Mar 14th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Go Lindsay! :bounce: :bounce:

Davenport will take this match in straight sets. Though if she shows up like she did against Iroda at the Aussie Open this year, she will go home.

banana
Mar 15th, 2003, 12:42 AM

U r crazy! i can understand that u could pick Davenport coz i think that they r pretty evenly matched, but 6-3 6-2 :eek: or 6-2 6-1 :eek: :eek: shows how little u know bout both these playaz!

patricio
Mar 15th, 2003, 12:45 AM
True, I mean, davenport can definitely beat Jennifer but never 6/2 6/3. She beat Bovina 6/4,6/3 and already lost a set in the tourney. Hello!?

franny
Mar 15th, 2003, 12:49 AM
well, looking at this subjectively, lindsay hits the ball harder than jen and she serves better, but jen moves faster and has a great fighting spirit, something that davenport has struggled with since her comeback-people not willing to give up when down(ie: seles, rubin). Neither of them are playing at the grand slam level they once were at but the thing that both of them does well is power WITH control. This match is gonna see jen run more and lindsay controlling the point, if lindsay can be consistent enough and not fold under all the balls jen will get back, she will win. But if lindsay starts making errors and/or starts to let jen take the initiative, jen will win. As of now, i predict lindsay in three sets.

btw, there better not be any rain tonight there or anyone withdrawing, i'm ditching my job for this match so if i dont get to watch it, i'll be so pissed.

Volcana
Mar 15th, 2003, 12:57 AM
If Jenn is really aggresive, she CAN win. If she lets Lindsay dictate play, forget it.

gorecki
Mar 15th, 2003, 01:43 AM
has Guga and James started/finished their match yet?

Go Lindsay and Jennifer! :bounce:

Dawn Marie
Mar 15th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Well don't be so surprised if Lindsay wins this is too easy sets. 6/2 6/1 seriously it can happen. :eek:

Lindsay has a better return game than Vera.

Mase
Mar 15th, 2003, 01:56 AM
Jenn will take it in three...........

I really hope so because im SO used to going out and partying on friday nights, and here I am at home.. hahaha. Feels kind of wierd but I explained it to my friends that when Jenn or Monica play tennis, its MY SUPERBOWL! LOL....... :)

Robbie.
Mar 15th, 2003, 02:30 AM
If Lindsay keeps the unforced errors down she will win. But these days that is a big if. Jenn seems to be finding her form nicely, and she is a tough nut to crack (mentally) when she is on song.

I wish I could see this match. Good luck to both girls. I'd really liek Jenn to win, but would be happy too if Lindsay won. I hope whoever wins can beat Kim on Sunday :D

disposablehero
Mar 15th, 2003, 02:35 AM
Lindsay, if she keeps her attitude reasonably positive.