PDA

View Full Version : Mauresmo pulled out!

AaronJoyB
Mar 12th, 2003, 06:08 PM
she pulled out before the match agaimst lindsay for fever and flu
:(

ktwtennis
Mar 12th, 2003, 06:37 PM
Poor gal...just can't stay healthy...

jpurkey1
Mar 12th, 2003, 06:44 PM
Poor gal...just can't stay healthy...
where is this info coming from?????
and if it IS a walkover, does lindsay still get the points as if she had won the match?

gmak
Mar 12th, 2003, 06:45 PM
i can't believe this :sad:

Wimanna
Mar 12th, 2003, 06:49 PM
where is this info coming from?????
and if it IS a walkover, does lindsay still get the points as if she had won the match?

She doesn't get the bonus points.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 12th, 2003, 07:07 PM
oh great
just when i wanted to see some womens tennis i can't
I got a selection of boring mens matches on right now :o
the good ones come later

Scotso
Mar 12th, 2003, 07:07 PM
Lindsay is so lucky :fiery:

Amelie, you need to get some echinacea (sp)

maccardel
Mar 12th, 2003, 07:27 PM
I just hope they don't boo Lindsay in her next match. I smell a rat. This is like their second match-up since Aostralia 99....Did anyone think of that?.....
Amelie probably didn't want that pre-match hype stuff that goes on with the rehashing of OZ99.....I think that is why she withdrew.

griffin
Mar 12th, 2003, 07:36 PM
No one thought of it because they've actually played quite a few times since Oz '99.

Get well, Momo (and good luck to Lins)

vaiva
Mar 12th, 2003, 07:51 PM
Momo :sad:
And now Eurosport shows boxing instead of tennis :fiery:

Jarrett
Mar 12th, 2003, 07:51 PM
UGH! Lindsay in another final by beating no one big! Grrr... She is indeed lucky.

Sonja
Mar 12th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Lindsay made the semi not the final.

Good luck to her!

Get well soon Momo and I'll see you in Miami!

1jackson2001
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:33 PM
That sucks..:(

maccardel
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:36 PM
in all seriousness, I wish they had plaeyed cos I think it'll settle the ranking issue and also Lindsay and Amelie need that kind of play going into Miami....Oh well leave it up to IW....with the withdraws...
I bout gave up on this tournament. One good wta match actually one and a half....Hantuchova/Coetzer; Davenport/bovina;Rubin/Sugiyama.....what?...a week into the tourney to finally get some coverage....now tonight they are coming on at 1130pm-3am...be for real...ESPN and IW doesn't have the necessary committment skills when it come to US tennis.

Fieke
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Aww, poor Momo :sad: Get wel soon!

venusfan
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Amelie is so unreliable.. I thinks he should retire already.. for such a strong looking woman..she is always pulling up lame..

Whatzup
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:50 PM
Owww that's so sad for Momo... get well soon! :D

Linnie
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:24 PM
I posted this in GenMess, but what the heck........

From French Yahoo:

Wednesday March 12, 2003, 22h56

Indian Wells - Amélie Mauresmo [withdraws] for her quarterfinal

INDIAN WELLS (the United States), March 12 (AFP) - the Frenchwoman Amélie Mauresmo, head of N.5 series, [withdrew from] her match of the quarterfinals of the tournament of Indian Wells (California) of tennis vis-a-vis American Lindsay Davenport (N.4), because of one infection to the throat.

"I am very disappointed not to be able to continue (the tournament). I hope well to return the next year ", briefly declared Mauresmo which hardly arrived at speaking because of her infection.

"I saw her this morning and she was in a terrible state. There is no doubt: she is really sick ", confirmed Davenport, which thanks to this withdrawal advances directly in semi-finals, where she will meet the winner of the match opposing his compatriot Jennifer Capriati to the Russian Vera Zvonareva.

In Indian Wells, tournament cash for circuit female WTA and equipped with 2,1 million dollars (approximately as much of euros), Mauresmo carried out her return after retiring on wound (elongation right thigh), February 21, in semi-finals of the tournament of Dubaï.

Exempted first turn, the Frenchwoman had left the Swiss woman Myriam Casanova to the 2nd turn and Spanish Magui Serna Monday in 8th finale.

A wound with the right knee had already kept her away of the courts during four months, depriving her in particular of the first tournament of the Large Slam of the year in Australia. She had made her return to the competition at the beginning of February with the tournament of Paris where she had been inclined finally vis-a-vis American Serena Williams.

The next tournament registered with the program of Mauresmo is Masters Series in Miami the next week.

Lindsay's a class act :) Good luck to her!

Mrs. Peel
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:43 PM
If she got that flu I've had for the past 3 weeks...I bet she's completely put out...there is a very nasty bug flying about here in California!! I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

So Linds cruises to the next round...

GET BETTER AMELIE!!! Miami is waiting...but she might not be better by then! :sad:

Lapin
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:33 PM
:sad: Poor Amélie! When will her luck improve? http://www.websmileys.de/trau04.gif

Thanks for the article Linnie :)

bis2806
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:06 AM
too bad momo pulled out...

Chance
Mar 13th, 2003, 03:30 AM
Grt better soon,Amelie....I seem to be saying that a lot- the girl has no luck.

Caoimhe
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:45 AM
Get well soon baby.

King Aaron
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:00 PM
Get well soon Momo :(

galadriel
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:26 PM
Get well soon Amelie :kiss:

mauresmofan
Mar 13th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Poor Amélie - I hope it's not too serious and she can shake the flu off before next week. That was good of Lindsay to say what she did :wavey:

thainguyen
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:19 PM
get well soon Momo :p