PDA

View Full Version : Is Kim injured?

Sofiane
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:03 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20030312/capt.1047450245indian_wells_caps123.jpg

She is trapped everywhere! :sad: I think the girl loves tennis too much, she plays too much :fiery:

Hawk
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:15 PM
She said that she's starting to have a few small injuries here and there :sad:

Venus Forever
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:18 PM
That's not good.:sad:

debs06
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:23 PM
hey guys do any of ye no wat time jens match starts at?

CanadianBoy21
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:25 PM
She definitely needs to take some time off.
What's up with her playing everyweek now?
wasn't it Antwerp, Scotsdale, Indian Wells, and then Nasdaq?
Aren't those in a row? And because she is a top player she gets deep into those tournaments and really does play a month in a row. I think she will lose to the sisters comfortably if she meets them at Nasdaq because Serena and Venus will be fresh.
Come on Kim, Get better!

I do see a plan here.
She wants to move to #2, therefore she will not have to play a Williams till the final...She will be GUARANTEED a great shot at her Slam Finals.
I guess Venus is slow on what Kim is uup to, or she just doesn't care.

Either way, hope nothing bad catches Kim, like a pulled hamstring, or anything, those can be bad.

Hawk
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:32 PM
SuperDevil..even if she does get to #2 and bumps Venus to #3..she still have a 50% chance of drawing Venus in the Slams. So it may not make a difference.

debs..i'm not sure why you're asking in this thread lol..but i'll answer anyway :D Jen's match is the 5th match on Stadium 1 today. It doesn't start before 6:30pm IW's time.

~|Naomi|~
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Why does everything Kim does get drawn back to the Williams sisters :mad:

Maybe Kim is going to play three tournaments straight (Scottsdale, IW and Miami) because she prefers to play on hardcourts and so is not playing the American clay events and therefore will have a three week break and then play Fed Cup.

And no those tournaments aren't in a row as Kim didn't play Dubai between ANtwerp and Scottsdale.

If Kim is playing a lot then what about Henin, correct me if I am wrong but won't she play Miami, Charelston,Amelia Island, Fed Cup, Warsaw, Berlin, Rome?

So if you go from Amelia Island to Rome that is 5 weeks straight!

Jericho
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:18 AM
it was okay for kim to play a lot last year because she wasnt consistently getting in the later rounds, but now that she isnt losing early then it will really build up...

maccardel
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:33 AM
I hope Kim isn't injured cos it'll mean she won't play doubles. I want to see a clijsters/sugiyama-williams/williams final at roland garros . I want her to get that seed up.

ns_Henin
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:55 AM
If Kim is playing a lot then what about Henin, correct me if I am wrong but won't she play Miami, Charelston,Amelia Island, Fed Cup, Warsaw, Berlin, Rome?

Justine wont play Warsaw :kiss:

Why does everything Kim does get drawn back to the Williams sisters :mad:
Because all of ppl think that she's the only 1 who can challenge the Williams right now.

CanadianBoy21
Mar 13th, 2003, 12:56 PM
ns_Henin is right.
Kim is the only that can really challenge the sisters, and it should be a complement that we do put her in that category, because really she maybe shouldn't be there because of her Slam record versus the sisters.
It's funny, last year Kim fans were really putting Kim as a challenger and now they don't want her to be mentioned, why?
When Williams was playing Hingis and Hingi was on top it was great to have someone challenge her...
oh well, either way someone does get pissed.

fleemke³
Mar 13th, 2003, 01:07 PM

Forget Warsaw :p And Justine is Justine, Kim is Kim. Everybody has to make it up for themselves.
Kim did play more than Justine this year (Hopman cup) and if it was to much will find out but I think they know their bodies!

SerenaSlam
Mar 13th, 2003, 05:35 PM
well i think you all know my opinion on kim being able to challenge the sisters, its like Pam put it, kim/jen/lindsay these players can "get to" the sisters if the sisters winners/errors are close to eachother, but if they have way more winners than errors, no contest for the sisters! but i want a venus/serena vs kim/ai final as well. but it probably won't be fun :( sisters should roll!

2ace2
Mar 13th, 2003, 05:44 PM
I hope she'll skip Miami. It may be a big tournament, but I think it's best for her. 2 weeks of rest will do her good and maybe some small injuries will disappear

per4ever
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Forget Warsaw :p And Justine is Justine, Kim is Kim. Everybody has to make it up for themselves.
Kim did play more than Justine this year (Hopman cup) and if it was to much will find out but I think they know their bodies!
and Justine rarely plays doubles nowadays...Kim plays lots of doubles too :eek:

Elke
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:27 PM
I hope she'll skip Miami. It may be a big tournament, but I think it's best for her. 2 weeks of rest will do her good and maybe some small injuries will disappear
Kim won't play after Miami till the Fed Cup (last weekend of April)

Come-on-kim
Mar 13th, 2003, 06:31 PM
and Justine rarely plays doubles nowadays...Kim plays lots of doubles too :eek:
She can't dumped Ai!! And she can't say, if I get the semifinals of a doubles tournament, then I withdraw!

per4ever
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:07 PM
She can't dumped Ai!! And she can't say, if I get the semifinals of a doubles tournament, then I withdraw!
she just shouldn't play doubles in every tournament she plays in singles :)

schris
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:27 PM
I hope it`s nothing serious !

leslie
Mar 13th, 2003, 07:40 PM
ns_Henin is right.
Kim is the only that can really challenge the sisters, and it should be a complement that we do put her in that category, because really she maybe shouldn't be there because of her Slam record versus the sisters.
It's funny, last year Kim fans were really putting Kim as a challenger and now they don't want her to be mentioned, why?
When Williams was playing Hingis and Hingi was on top it was great to have someone challenge her...
oh well, either way someone does get pissed.

Kim is not a challenge to the W/S period. Didn't Venus just whopped her butt in her back yard? What kind of challenge is that.

~|Naomi|~
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:03 PM
Why won't Henin play Warsaw? :confused:

Come-on-kim
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:10 PM
Kim haven't had her tape anymore today!!

She played great

Filip!
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:21 PM
Kim haven't had her tape anymore today!!

She played great

Kim had a good match today!

She seemed to be more sure again, BUT I think it's better for her to withdraw from Nasdaq 100!!! She really needs to rest to keep on her current level!!! She's playing almost every week and that's not good...

~|Naomi|~
Mar 13th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Yes but after Miami she will have a 3 weeks rest :D

angele87
Mar 13th, 2003, 10:38 PM
I'm glad the tape on her thigh was off today :D

I don't think Kim should withdraw from Miami because 1) it's a big tournament and 2) she's going to get a few weeks of break after that which is good :)

cyberix
Mar 13th, 2003, 10:51 PM
Kim is not a challenge to the W/S period. Didn't Venus just whopped her butt in her back yard? What kind of challenge is that.

Don't forget that Kim beat the sisters in a row at the Master's in their backyard . The girl belongs, give her some respect :worship:

Jericho
Mar 13th, 2003, 10:57 PM
Don't forget that Kim beat the sisters in a row at the Master's in their backyard . The girl belongs, give her some respect :worship:

i'll give credit to kim for beating serena, but she didnt really beat venus...

Hawk
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:14 PM
Apparently Kim had no wrap on her leg today against Chanda :bounce:

Elke
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:25 PM
i'll give credit to kim for beating serena, but she didnt really beat venus...
How many times again, Kim beat venus in Hamburg...
And how many times again, Kim HERSELF said she didn't feel like she beat Venus in LA, but it counts as a win...

disposablehero
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:29 PM
Apparently Kim had no wrap on her leg today against Chanda :bounce:

Maybe she just tried it once as sort of a "Nelly" fashion statement.

Jericho
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:34 PM
How many times again, Kim beat venus in Hamburg...
And how many times again, Kim HERSELF said she didn't feel like she beat Venus in LA, but it counts as a win...

umm yeah, i was referring to kim's "win" over venus in LA, not hamburg, i know she beat vee there...and i was talking to cyberix about how he/she said kim beat vee/ree back to back...and yeah i know it counts as a win, so please read before you get all "how many times again"... :rolleyes:

Elke
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:43 PM
umm yeah, i was referring to kim's "win" over venus in LA, not hamburg, i know she beat vee there...and i was talking to cyberix about how he/she said kim beat vee/ree back to back...and yeah i know it counts as a win, so please read before you get all "how many times again"... :rolleyes:
I was just trying to say that the win in LA must not be seen as a win.
So please red before you get :rolleyes: at me...

Jericho
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:49 PM
I was just trying to say that the win in LA must not be seen as a win.
So please red before you get :rolleyes: at me...

yeah in what post did you say that :confused: :rolleyes:
maybe you should "red" your own post before making things up...

Elke
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:54 PM
yeah in what post did you say that :confused: :rolleyes:
maybe you should "red" your own post before making things up...

Excuse me for not being a native English speaker... :worship:

Jericho
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:57 PM
Excuse me for not being a native English speaker... :worship:

im not either ;)

Elke
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:58 PM
im not either ;)
Then you paid better attention in school!:)

caseyl45
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:12 AM
Here we go -- it's the same old argument over and over again.
Kim beat Venus and Serena back-to-back.
No, she didn't. Venus was injured.
But she beat Venus in Hamburg last year.
Yeah, but that was on clay, and Venus wasn't playing well, so it doesn't mean as much.
We've heard it so many times now, it's not even funny anymore.
Bottom line -- Kim is a great player, and before this season, she was the only one who was fearless enough against Venus and Serena to beat them on their best surfaces. With her loss in Australia, though, I think that fear (maybe intimidation is a better word) had crept into her game, and it may keep her from being able to beat them unless she gets it straightened out. A win here might help her erase whatever doubts she may have about her ability to close out these kinds of matches, and it may help her next time she gets a lead against Venus or Serena.
As far as her injuries are concerned, unless something serious happens, look forward to seeing her in Miami, because her tendency is to play tournaments unless she's too injured. Is she tired? Maybe, but like fleemke said, these girls know their bodies, and if Kim thinks she can handle this kind of schedule, we should trust her judgment.

Jericho
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:18 AM
Bottom line -- Kim is a great player, and before this season, she was the only one who was fearless enough against Venus and Serena to beat them on their best surfaces.

kim has beaten venus only on clay and indoor...which are vee's worst surfaces...kim outplayed vee in hamburg, but you really cant say that about the one in LA...

o0O0o
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:50 AM
"Yeah, but that was on clay, and Venus wasn't playing well"

Are you kidding me? Venus played great. Kim just really took it to her. :drool:

DiZZiA
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:55 AM
Stay healthy and get into the Final..... She is the only player left in the top half who can put up a good match against Jenny or Lindsay....

And stay healthy to challenge the Williams sisters...... ;)

Hagar
Mar 14th, 2003, 12:29 PM
"Yeah, but that was on clay, and Venus wasn't playing well, so it doesn't mean as much."

We've heard it so many times now, it's not even funny anymore.
YES INDEED! A win is a win is a win. If Venus and Serena lose, it is A LOSS IS A LOSS IS A LOSS.
If Kim lost that Australian Open semi, Kim fans don't start to nag that Kim wasn't playing well.

ns_Henin
Mar 15th, 2003, 02:32 AM
if I get the semifinals of a doubles tournament, then I withdraw!
OK maybe Justine focus is in single and her motivation she plays double is to learn some technic of other player, yeah i disagree when she withdraw in every doubles event esp. OZ open because if i'm Elena Bovina i would kick her to the slumps :rolleyes:

ns_Henin
Mar 15th, 2003, 02:42 AM
I think Kim wont skip Miami because she wants the #2 position. Yeah she did it like a marathon but her results is very good. Maybe IW title deserves to her. But the risk of injuries is very high so she must be carefull.