PDA

View Full Version : This doesn't make sense!!!!!!!!!

maccardel
Mar 10th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Since the television is starting today, shouldn't they put Capriati match on first? The tourney has been on for nearly a week and the men get the first shot at coverage. Well what do you expect from ESPN? To make matters worse, Aggassi has withdrawn therefore leaving us with non americans inthe first day of coverage. This sucks!!!!!!

No offense to non american posters on this board...but if it's an american tourney on american tv, shouldn't they make waves to show americans on the first day? I believe ESPN goes out of their way to show americans during grandslams..

I don't even mind seeing Amelie but Capriati vs Dementieva is a better match-up than those one shot every shot is an ace players.

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 10th, 2003, 05:45 PM
they put that on 1st as about 10 people will be there. it fills up later.

Having two womens matches on at same time is not good, as there are only 4 on
Plus they want to be able to show all the Womens matches on TV if possible somewhere across the globe.

PhoenixStorm
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:00 PM
how do you know what matches will be shown?

Lee-Waters' Boy
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:05 PM
As far as I know, nobody knows for sure which matches will be shown. However since coverage starts at Noon CA time, there are only 2 matches scheduled to start "not before noon". Those are Safin's first round match and Shaughnessy/Zvonareva. I'd imagine they will show one of those, but it is unlikely to be Zvonareva :(

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:06 PM
over here we get a choice
Sky Sports show the Mens (and we get a choice of which matches we can see as well ;) :D )
So all three Stadium Court matches can be accessed

Eurosport show the Womens

Mr. Man
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Seeing as though Capriati's match doesn't start untill after Safin's match. It makes sense.

I bet if Safin finishes early enough, They will show Cappy.

The matches that start exactly at 12 noon. are:
Fernando Vicente (ESP) vs. (14)Sjeng Schalken
Nicolas Lapentti (ECU) vs. Agustin Calleri (ARG)
..so who knows what ESPN will show.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Shaughnessy/Zvonareva also starts right at 12 noon.