PDA

View Full Version : Indonesian tennis

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 10th, 2003, 07:59 AM
I am making this thread since Indonesian tennis has been maintaining its glory particularly in Asia from 1960s until now and in the modern era with the emergence of Yayuk Basuki to sneaked into top 20 WTA in 1997! And I am personally believe that 2003 is the beginning for Indonesia to go back to basic by focusing more on quality development for its young players despite of many controversies!!! I dedicate this thread for Indonesian crazy fans home and abroad!!! Go, Indonesian tennis!!! :cool: :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:26 AM
Yayuk Basuki, former national player is still thinking much about what she can do for her country's tennis development. She managed to get a private national pharmaceutical company to sponsor a junior circuit which was concluded yesterday in Jakarta. As the woman behind the curtain, Yayuk as always low-profile and she is very humble...I had the privilege to watch this Hemaviton Challenge which held at historical tennis complex in Senayan, Jakarta. This tennis circuit was only for junior players both boys and girls and the both sexes were divided into 14 yo group and 18 yo group! All the matches were played in red clay courts. This past week was the 1st leg of 3 series. The next serie will be held in June and finaly, they will have Masters Series with only 16 players who have accumulated points from the 1st two legs of this circuit. The masters series will be held in September. The winners from each age group will be sent to compete in junior international tournaments abroad!!! Not bad for a start!

This past week, I saw many players competed from all parts of Indonesia. I was impressed with the presence of 2 West Papuan boys who came all the way from Serui, West Papua...Indeed, they had to pay the most expensive airfare to come to Jakarta...Coming from West Papua is like flying from New York to LA! I heard that in the past, some players had to sleep at pro-shop at the tournament site or even at a mosque! For boys singles of 18 yo group, Sunu Wahyu Trijati of Jakarta came out as the winner by defeating Christian Adinata, a native Madiunese in East Java. Sunu won easily 6-1, 6-1...Sunu did not play at his best actually but he took the advantage of Adinata's UEs. Sunu was fresh from his 2nd ITF titles the week before at Salonpas Grade 2 in Jakarta and now he is ranked 77 after 172!!! Maya Rosa who is now living in Surabaya, who was runner-up in Grade 2 the week before, managed to be the winner since there was not much challenge from same level of players like Sandy Gumulya or Septi Mende who were opted due to injury...Maya downed a Balinese girl, Nancy Metriya - she won 6-1, 6-0! Both Sunu and Maya will be playing at Grade 1 ITF tournament in Kuala Lumpur next week.

For 14 yo group, Agung Bagus Dewantoro, a native of Magelang/Central Java, won the boys' singles by defeating Fendi Gunawan of Bandung/West Java with scores 6-1, 6-0! While for girls' singles, Mia Sacca of Yogyakarta who has been competing in many 16 yo group's matches, came out as the champion by defeating Lutfiana of Kudus/Central Java 6-1, 6-1. Both Maya and Mia won also the doubles in each age group respectively! Each winner were given trophy as well as prizes such as cellphone, gift certificate of sport equipment and "Hemaviton" energy drink!!!

One thing I have noticed that a 14 yo player from Bandung, while she was having break between games in her doubles final match, she was still SMSing...I did not like that! She should have turned her cellphone off for her match sake! Teens nowadays!!!

It was a great tournament after all! I congratulated Yayuk Basuki for her great work! For spectators, by the committee, we were allowed to have coffee or tea and some yummy snacks while we were watching the final matches...It was nice of them to have such refreshments! Looking forward to have better quality of tournament in June!

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:41 AM
Today was the 1st day of 14 yo players' national selection for both boys and girls. From this selection, 3 boys and 3 girls are picked for representing Indonesia in Davis Cup Jr and Fed Cup Jr which will be held in Perth, Western Australia next month. This selection is being played at Senayan's rebound ace outdoor courts.

Boys:

1. Agung Bagus Dewantoro (Rank 1/Semarang, Central Java)
2. Fendi Gunawan (2/Bandung, West Java)
3. Christopher Rungkat (3/Jakarta)
4. Alvin Putra Kurniawan (4/Jakarta)
5. Bani Kohar Harahap (5/Jakarta)
6. Gilbert Sondakh (6/Jakarta)
7. Lenz Theodor (8/Jakarta)

1st day results:
Agung B D def. Alvin P K 61 60
Agung B D def. Gilbert S 63 60

Fendi G def. Alvin P K 46 63 60
Fendi G def. Gilbert S 63 62

Bani K H def. Lenz T 60 61
Christopher R def. Bani K H 64 61
Christopher R def. Lenz T 63 60

Girls:

1. Lutfiana AB (Rank 1/Kudus, Central Java)
2. Wyne Pramestiningrum (2/Kendal, Central Java)
3. Vivien Silfany (3/Palembang, South Sumatra)
4. Komang Sri Maryati (4/Denpasar, Bali)
5. Jessy Rompies (6/Jakarta)
6. Afieta Januaristi (7/Jakarta)
7. Mia Sacca (11/Yogyakarta)

1st day results:

Lutfiana AB def. Komang S M 63 60
Lutfiana AB def. Jessy R 75 61

Komang S M def. Wyne P 62 64

Jessy R def. Wyne P 61 62

Mia Sacca def. Afieta J 63 64
Mia Sacca def. Vivien S 60 60

Vivien S def. Afieta J 62 63

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:54 AM
Since Angie and Wynne are automatically chosen to be in Fed Cup team, therefore Indonesian Tennis Association gave full authority to Deddy Tedjamukti and Suzanna A Wibowo, coaches of Angie and Wynne, in choosing younger players to accompany A & W! They finally came up with Diana Julianto (WTA 677) & Sandy Gumulya (WTA?). But I heard that Diana declined this offer and Maya Rosa is now in the team!

This choice of players are hot news now in the media! The press and Yayuk Basuki voiced their concern over such way of choosing players without any official selection. Yayuk argued that Liza Andriyani and Wukirasih Sawondari are deserved to be selected. But our national tennis association argued back that their reason was to have younegr players as ways for them gain team playing exposure. They also said that Angie and Wynne are already having commitment with their tour schedule so that they do not want to play in SEA Games in Vietnam. It does not make sense since SEA Games will be held in December when A & W are resting after such long tours. In newspaper, Angie's manager has voiced her statement that Angie never says no to play for her country. IMO, it is better to send younger players to compete in SEA Games but for Fed Cup?

I have talked to Wukirasih personally and she said that she has no more intention to play for Fed Cup but she regrets that our national tennis association had the decision to choose players without any selection. I heard that also, Sandy Gumulya was chosen based only her winning results over Wukir and Liza at Cigna Open recently in which Sandy became the winner. Oh, well...controversies never end in tennis here! Let's see what is gonna happen!!!

kfh_9118
Mar 10th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Thanks for the news, Adji :)

I personally agree that Sandy is given the opportunity to represent Indonesia in Fed Cup :) As for Liza and Wukir, I think they better improve their tour and ranking. Let the younger players get the experience of Fed Cup and Sea Games :)

Any reason why Diana J declined to play the Fed Cup? :confused:

Rising Sun
Mar 10th, 2003, 01:29 PM
I wonder why Diana declined to join the team? :confused:

Anyway, Liza & Wukir totally deserved the last 2 spots. They're both very good doubles players. Fine if the younger players get opportunity to play SEA Games, but Fed Cup should be represented with the strongest teams!

Henry, Wukir nor Liza have sponsors to play abroad! If they did, they would be ranked so much higher. What a waste... :mad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 11th, 2003, 07:02 AM
I was there again today! These players have been playing for 4 weeks in a row, some are physically worn out and some are still fine! Below is the final results of today...

Boys:

Christopher R (Jakarta) def. Alvin P K (Jakarta) 61 62
Poor Alvin, after he had coaching clinic in Singapore, he has been bad physically...I do not think, the clinic was worth to taking!

Agung B Dewantoro (Semarang) def. Lenz T (Jakarta) 64 64
Lenz played very well and was nothing to lose but it was not enough to down Agung who was brilliant with his variative game!

Fendi G (Bandung) def. Bani K Harahap (Jakarta) 75 60
Fendi got better and better...Bani played a bit better than usual in 1st set but then in 2nd set, he was worn out drastically!

Gilbert S (Jakarta) def. Alvin P K (Jakarta) 61 62
Gilbert stole the show! Alvin was simply too weak physically!

Agung B Dewantoro (Semarang) def. Christopher R (Jakarta) 62 61
Agung was very solid!

Fendi G (Bandung) def. Lenz T (Jakarta) 61 62
Fendi was playing well!!!

Bani K Harahap (Jakarta) def. Gilbert S (Jakarta) 62 63
Bani won again!

Girls:

Lutfiana A B (Kudus) def. Afieta J (Jakarta) 61 62
Lutfiana was more consistent!

Vivien S (Palembang) def. Komang S Maryati (Bali) 62 63
Vivien worn Komang out!

Mia S (Yogyakarta) def. Wyne Pramestiningrum (Kendal) 60 61
Mia was too strong for unfit Wyne!

Lutfiana A B (Kudus) def. Vivien S (Palembang) 61 62
Lutfiana was simply persistent!

Komang S Maryati (Bali) def. Jessy R (Jakarta) 61 76(6)
Komang fought harder!

Wyne P (Kendal) def. Alfieta J (Jakarta) 63 64
Wyne played more agressive and was solid in rallies.

Mia S (Yogyakarta) def. Jessy R (Jakarta) 62 61
Mia was simply outclassed Jessy!

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 11th, 2003, 07:06 AM
danker is right...Liza and Wukir are having no sponsor right now...Based on my chat with Wukir, she is simply lack of motivation to play seriously...She is thinking about getting a job and going to college at the same time...Liza has not much hope, either...

Indeed, it is good to have younger players for Fed Cup or SEA Games but the big argument is...why do not they have national selection? No fairness...that's all!

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 11th, 2003, 07:08 AM
I heard that Diana is concentrating on her studies in college and at the same time, she is focusing on her ITF tourneys...She is still playing 10Ks...

kfh_9118
Mar 11th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Thanks Adji for the news. I agree that we should have the national selection to select the team members.

kj-
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:18 PM
yeah... I really really Agree.... :fiery: I want to be PELTI staf! :fiery:

Rising Sun
Mar 11th, 2003, 04:14 PM
I heard that Diana is concentrating on her studies in college and at the same time, she is focusing on her ITF tourneys...She is still playing 10Ks...
I didn't know Diana was still studying... :eek:

Do you know whereabouts? :confused:

Steveg
Mar 11th, 2003, 04:49 PM
Yayuk argued that Liza Andriyani and Wukirasih Sawondari are deserved to be selected. But our national tennis association argued back that their reason was to have younger players as ways for them gain team playing exposure.
I understand as well that Liza and Wukirasih are not keen these days to travel overseas to play ITF events. With the new Fed Cup seeding, players ranking is extremely important. The Indonesian tennis Federation may be willing to give priority to players who are willing to play tournaments overseas and improve their ranking :) .

I heard also that Wukir is getting married :confused: so that her priorities may change in future ;) .

They also said that Angie and Wynne are already having commitment with their tour schedule so that they do not want to play in SEA Games in Vietnam. It does not make sense since SEA Games will be held in December when A & W are resting after such long tours. In newspaper, Angie's manager has voiced her statement that Angie never says no to play for her country. IMO, it is better to send younger players to compete in SEA Games but for Fed Cup? I think that it could be good for the interest of these SEA Games, though Martina Widjaja may want to get all the gold :rolleyes: .

Oh, well...controversies never end in tennis here! Let's see what is gonna happen!!!It looks like. It is certainly because there are some strong personalities involved, like Yayuk Basuki and Martina Widjaja ;) .

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:17 AM
I didn't know Diana was still studying... :eek:

Do you know whereabouts? :confused:

Well, I asked Herry/Suharyadi - Basuki's hubby - I met him today and he said that Diana goes to college in her hometown, Bandung...The bad thing, she has no coach...so, she travels abroad on her own...when she practices at home, she has only sparring partner, Sulistyo Wibowo - former national player! We just cannot understand Diana's father on not having coach for her daughter... :confused:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:21 AM
I understand as well that Liza and Wukirasih are not keen these days to travel overseas to play ITF events. With the new Fed Cup seeding, players ranking is extremely important. The Indonesian tennis Federation may be willing to give priority to players who are willing to play tournaments overseas and improve their ranking :) .

I heard also that Wukir is getting married :confused: so that her priorities may change in future ;) .

I think that it could be good for the interest of these SEA Games, though Martina Widjaja may want to get all the gold :rolleyes: .

It looks like. It is certainly because there are some strong personalities involved, like Yayuk Basuki and Martina Widjaja ;) .

Wukir gets married? That's gossip, I think...I have been meeting several times in the last 3 weeks and I have been seeing her with her close friend as she says...I think, this guy is Wukir's boy friend...They are cute together!

Yup, MW may want to get all golds to be decorated in her house!!! Just kidding!

Yayuk has the glory and Martina has the dollars! We are talking about duo egos!

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:39 AM
Boys:
Alvin P K def. Lenz T 75 46 63

Fendi G def. Christopher R 62 60

Agung B D def. Bani K H 62 62

Agung B D def. Fendi G 63 61

Gilbert S def. Lenz T 76(1) 75

Bani K H def. Alvin P K 75 64

Gilbert S def. Christopher R 36 61 64

Final standing:
1. Agung B D (Semarang)
2. Fendi G (Bandung)
3. Christopher R (Jakarta)
4. Bani K H (Jakarta)
5. Gilbert S (Jakarta)
6. Alvin P K (Jakarta)
7. Lenz T (Jakarta)

So, the top three finishers are to be in the team and they have the opportunity to go to another selection for ITF team for European tour. The selection will be held in Korat, Thailand.

Agung is coached by his own father. Agung is physically strong despite of his slim overall body. His weakness is his serve and his father is now working on that. He really needs sponsor since he comes from mid income family in Magelang, Central Java. The rest of the boys are coming from well-to-do families, so no problem financially!!! I regard Fendi, Christopher, Gilbert and Lenz as talented players beside Agung. Lenz is only 12 yo!

Girls:

Mia S def. Lutfiana A B 60 60
Komang S M def. Afieta J 63 61
Vivien S def. Wyne P 61 60
Mia S def. Komang S M 63 63
Jessy R def. Alfieta 67(6) 61 62
Lutfiana A B def. Wyne P 75 61
Vivien S def. Jessy R 64 63

Final standing:

1. Mia Sacca (Yogyakarta) - coached by Suharyadi/Basuki's hubby
2. Lutfiana A B (Kudus)
3. Vivien Silfany (Palembang) - coached by her own grandpa!
4. Komang Sri Maryati (Bali)
5. Jessy Rompies (Jakarta)
6. Wyne Pramestiningrum (Kendal)
7. Afieta Januaristi (Jakarta)

Too bad, all these girls need sponsor if they want to play abroad! Prspective players: Mia Sacca, Vivien Silfany, Komang S M, Jessy R and Wyne P! I have doubt about Lutfiana and Afieta...

Same as the boys, the three top finishers are eligible to be in the team and they will go to Korat, Thailand as well.

For Korat, PELTI (Indonesian Tennis Association) will only cover board expenses and free fiscal fee...Each player must pay airfare expenses on each own! So much for junior development by PELTI! Eeek... :mad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:46 AM
Suwandi and Peter Handoyo are out of Ho Chi Minh's challenger! Suwandi lost Kutsenko and Peter lost to Amir Hadad of Israel in 3 sets...Suwandi did not deserve a WC...Peter was not that bad after he went through qualifying and he made it into MD...Good try, PH!

Steveg
Mar 12th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Suwandi lost Kutsenko ...Suwandi did not deserve a WCI did not see the match but I don't think that losing to the #2 seed is such a bad thing, is it :confused: .

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 13th, 2003, 03:58 AM
Thanks, Steveg...but not much hope for Suwandi...he is getting old and his game is going nowhere! Originally, WC was given to Febi Widhianto, number 1 player in Indonesia who ATP ranking is low due to lack of tourneys he has taken...Febi declined the offer since he preferred to play down there in New Zealand for futures...IMO, he did not take it since the offer was from Martina...You know, Febi's coach - Deddy Prasetyo is big enemy of Martina! :cool: :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:01 AM
As far as I know, Suwandi has loan personally from Martina while Febi is independent! Febi won singles match in Davis Cup tie against Uzbekistan when he played against number one Uzbeki player! Indonesia eventually lost 2-3! :o

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:11 AM
All the Indonesian boys have lost in ITF Grade 4 in Kuching, Serawak - Malaysia...Anthony Tan, Jonathan Amdanu, Sandy Purnomo, Elbert Sie...all well-to-do spoiled brats and others...So much for the boys! :mad: :sad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:16 AM
Indonesian girls are faring better than the boys at ITF Grade 4 in Kuching, Serawak - Malaysia! With only 3 girls in the main draw, Indonesia has hope on the shoulders of Balinese native, Ayu Fani Damayanti and student of Deddy Tedjamukti, Joana Febri...These two players are advancing to 3rd round...They have chosen in ITF 14 yo team on European tour last year!!! While Golda stumbled agin in 1st round - same resylt as last week's Brunei! Not much hope for Golda...She is very very small physically, it is tough if she keeps her game like that! Great to know that Ayu is sponsored by "Wismilak" while Jojo is self-funded! Go, girls!!! :) :wavey: :bounce:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 13th, 2003, 04:23 AM
Mayor's Cup in Pontianak, West Kalimantan - only for men! Total prize money is only 30 million rupiahs! March 17-23, 2003

Tarakan Open in Tarakan, East Kalimantan - for men and women! Total prize money of 100 million rupiahs! March 24-30, 2003

Liza and Wukir are going to play in Tarakan for sure...Now, they are practicing under the supervision of Yayuk Basuki.

I heard that many other cities out of Java are eager to hold a tournament now! Personally, I want to see Medan, Batam and Bandar Lampung - all in Sumatra to have their own tourneys after other cities such as Makassar, Nusa Dua/Bali etc...Go, archipelago!

Harju.
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:13 AM
Mayor's Cup in Pontianak, West Kalimantan - only for men! Total prize money is only 30 million rupiahs! March 17-23, 2003

Tarakan Open in Tarakan, East Kalimantan - for men and women! Total prize money of 100 million rupiahs! March 24-30, 2003

Liza and Wukir are going to play in Tarakan for sure...Now, they are practicing under the supervision of Yayuk Basuki.

I heard that many other cities out of Java are eager to hold a tournament now! Personally, I want to see Medan, Batam and Bandar Lampung - all in Sumatra to have their own tourneys after other cities such as Makassar, Nusa Dua/Bali etc...Go, archipelago!
:fiery: I really think Wukir and Liza should be in the FED CUp Team although they are saying about craps of giving junior players experience.. bla bla.. they are such pain-in-the-ass.. I mean, why don't they just sponsored the youngsters to play in 10K challengers.. IMO, Fed Cup is a bigger thing, It's not good to make it for a try. Ridicuolos.. Why didn't Yayuk sponsor Wukir and Liza :fiery: after all, she had alot of money ;) moreover, she can be their coach ;)

Harju.
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:14 AM
Indonesian girls are faring better than the boys at ITF Grade 4 in Kuching, Serawak - Malaysia! With only 3 girls in the main draw, Indonesia has hope on the shoulders of Balinese native, Ayu Fani Damayanti and student of Deddy Tedjamukti, Joana Febri...These two players are advancing to 3rd round...They have chosen in ITF 14 yo team on European tour last year!!! While Golda stumbled agin in 1st round - same resylt as last week's Brunei! Not much hope for Golda...She is very very small physically, it is tough if she keeps her game like that! Great to know that Ayu is sponsored by "Wismilak" while Jojo is self-funded! Go, girls!!! :) :wavey: :bounce:
I really have more faith in Ayu and Joana than Maya and Nancy.. Good to know that Ayu now had sponsor :bounce: Hope we can see her more in junior tournament :bounce:

Why is Diana not playing in challengers anymore :o

Harju.
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:16 AM
All the Indonesian boys have lost in ITF Grade 4 in Kuching, Serawak - Malaysia...Anthony Tan, Jonathan Amdanu, Sandy Purnomo, Elbert Sie...all well-to-do spoiled brats and others...So much for the boys! :mad: :sad:
How bout Sunu, what do you think of him? Who is the second strongest after him?

kfh_9118
Mar 13th, 2003, 11:09 AM
Sunu is really promising junior player I think. Hope he can improve his talent and be a good top player for Indonesia. As for Suwandi, I really think he can't improve any further anymore. He just kept losing :sad: Peter is better now than Suwandi I think. Too bad that Febi declined the WC.

Diana is still studying :eek: :eek: Hmm, maybe it's not such a bad idea, considering she hasn't had a sponsor yet. In tennis, it's very hard to be a good player without a sponsor. Wynne and Angie are a few lucky players :D

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 14th, 2003, 07:48 AM
It is hot news again here in national newspapers...Finally, Martina Widjaja as the president of Indonesian Tennis Association (known as PELTI) has spoken out to give explanation. She said that it is true Davis Cup team who lost to Uzbekistan 2-3 supposed to receive US$ 4,100 from ITF. But she said that the money has not been transfered yet. Even, ITF has not sent 50% reimbursement for air transportation from Jakarta to Tashkent vv - as they have promised. It usually takes 3-5 months after the Davis Cup tie...ITF, she said that is facing financially problem as well after Japan base NEC left and now ITF is sponsored by France base BNP Paribas...

PELTI has been inconsistent as many critics have said in terms of choosing players to be in national team...For Davis Cup, PELTI uses ATP ranking, for junior players - they hold national selection while for recently hot issue Fed Cup team - they just picked potential junior players...Many argued that at least 5 players are eligible to be selected through official national selection, they are: Liza Andriyani, Wukirasih Sawondari, Diana Julianto, Sandy Gumulya, Maya Rosa & Septi Nindya Yutami Mende!

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 14th, 2003, 07:51 AM
From Grade 4 Junior tourney in Kuching, Serawak - Malaysia...the journey of 3 Indonesian players are halted in doubles! Golda Rubina who was partnering with Norzafirah Taufek of Malaysia lost in 1st round...While new pair, Ayu Fani Damayanti/Joana Febri Andriani as 8th seed lost to Japanese pair in 2nd round! I have confidence that Ayu and Jojo can make good pair...It was their first time so it was not that bad...Next time better, girls!!! :) :wavey:

Harju.
Mar 14th, 2003, 08:11 AM
It is hot news again here in national newspapers...Finally, Martina Widjaja as the president of Indonesian Tennis Association (known as PELTI) has spoken out to give explanation. She said that it is true Davis Cup team who lost to Uzbekistan 2-3 supposed to receive US$ 4,100 from ITF. But she said that the money has not been transfered yet. Even, ITF has not sent 50% reimbursement for air transportation from Jakarta to Tashkent vv - as they have promised. It usually takes 3-5 months after the Davis Cup tie...ITF, she said that is facing financially problem as well after Japan base NEC left and now ITF is sponsored by France base BNP Paribas...

PELTI has been inconsistent as many critics have said in terms of choosing players to be in national team...For Davis Cup, PELTI uses ATP ranking, for junior players - they hold national selection while for recently hot issue Fed Cup team - they just picked potential junior players...Many argued that at least 5 players are eligible to be selected through official national selection, they are: Liza Andriyani, Wukirasih Sawondari, Diana Julianto, Sandy Gumulya, Maya Rosa & Septi Nindya Yutami Mende!
i think they should hold some exhibition match to prove the strongest.. not the potential.. if there are players that are potential.. they should send them abroad to gian experiece :mad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 14th, 2003, 08:20 AM
Sunu is a talented player...He will be 16 on April 26th...same birthday as Wynne Prakusya...His parents are from Solo, Central Java but he was born in Jakarta...He told the press 2 weeks ago that if she had no sponsors, he would say goodbye to tennis...Poor boy...I told him that if you are playing better and better, I am sure you will get one! After Sunu, it is hard to tell since no one is closer to his game...Immanuel Prakoso is about to be 18 yo, so I do not count him...Christian Adinata from Madiun, East Java is the next one, I think! Sunu and Chris are coached by Deddy Prasetyo now...

Yup, Ayu and Joana are talented and fighters...They enjoy to play all court! They mix their game...Maya likes to make UEs, she is easily getting satisfied...She used to to be a fighter but since she knows that the competition among 16 yo girls are not tough, she is slacking off...After she won "Hemaviton" Challenge last week, she told the press that she aims for top 5 nationally...It means that after Angie, Wynne, and she has to fight against Diana Julianto, Liza and Wukir...She'd better her game or else she will not get her target!

Nancy is tomboy and is physically strong but somehow her game is less consistent than Ayu, her double partner or Jojo...Go, girls!

Rising Sun
Mar 14th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Speaking of Diana, she'll be playing the $10K Indian Satellites starting in over 2 weeks time. She seems to always play in India! :o

Surprisingly, Sandy & Septi are also entered! :eek:

BTW, does anybody know why Septi changed her name from "Nindya Yutami" to "Mende"? :confused:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 15th, 2003, 05:09 AM
Speaking of Diana, she'll be playing the $10K Indian Satellites starting in over 2 weeks time. She seems to always play in India! :o

Surprisingly, Sandy & Septi are also entered! :eek:

BTW, does anybody know why Septi changed her name from "Nindya Yutami" to "Mende"? :confused:

danker...Thanks for the news on Diana...I guess, the cost is cheaper to play in India...who knows, she likes it there maybe...As I have informed in different thread before, many foreign players do not like to play there but Diana is different case! Maybe she likes the food... :drool:

Do you mena that Sandy & Septi are entered 10K there? It is not surprising for me...I have talked to both of them 3 weeks ago and they are beginning to enter 10K this year!

BTW, Septi Nindya Yutami is full name of her and Mende is her family name!!! So, she has not changed her name actually! For the sake of international standard maybe...Nindya Yutami must be difficult to remember... ;)

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 15th, 2003, 05:13 AM
If that's the case, maybe that's the reason why Diana has declined an offer to be in Fed Cup team...How about Sandy? She should be practicing home with the other members for Fed Cup...I doubt she will be playing in India since she still has to be recovered from her both wrists' injury! :confused:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 15th, 2003, 05:16 AM
Actually after Sunu - there are other potential players like Elbert Sie (Bandung), Anthony Tan, Sandy Purnomo, Jonathan Amdanu and others who come from well-to-do families but IMO, they are inconsistent...They lost easily in Kuching this week! :mad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 15th, 2003, 05:21 AM
Nickname for Indonesian players:

Diana is "Indian specialist" since she loves to play in India! ;)

Angie is "shocker" as I quote from koj-e...since she creates big upset then she loses easily! :eek:

Wynne is "3 setter" since she has been playing many 3 sets this year both in sgls and dubs! :cool:

Anyone else? :p

Harju.
Mar 15th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Sandy == the next big thing lol.. i saw from bolanews that she wanted to try to play with Angie.. that's not a bad idea,i guess..

Evelyn.. Anna Kournikova of Indonesia ;)

Harju.
Mar 15th, 2003, 10:07 AM
Let's talk about Yayuk Basuki. Do you guys know that she was ainming for Chase in 1996 when she was able to break in to top 20. I think it was 19.. Before that she was playing great.. beat some top players.. lost in quarters.. but then suddenl;y after that some bad things start to happened.. she lost to unknown players.. in Zurich where Porshe car was rewarded.. she had to play q.draw and then she withdrew.. i mean sudden;y her luck just went..

But her achievemen in doubles was great.. i think she had playedi n Chase twice or thrice with Vis.. And she also ever partnered with Momo :) and some othr big names like Aranxta.. can't remebmer

Harju.
Mar 15th, 2003, 10:12 AM
I like Basuki.. she had a huge serve and great forehand and volleys.. i know her biggest enemy was Jana Novotna.. she met her like 9 times in one or two years.. and never won before.. :(

kfh_9118
Mar 15th, 2003, 11:37 AM
I miss Yayuk too :sad: She is the reason why I like tennis now :D She is really a talented player, and I think for now, Angie and Wynne are not as good as her, but hopefully someday they can achieve better :D

Rising Sun
Mar 15th, 2003, 01:36 PM
If that's the case, maybe that's the reason why Diana has declined an offer to be in Fed Cup team...How about Sandy? She should be practicing home with the other members for Fed Cup...I doubt she will be playing in India since she still has to be recovered from her both wrists' injury! :confused:
The reason why I'm surprised is because that there will be Grade 1 Junior events in Asia at the time, which would do wonders for their rankings. They could play Asian $10Ks at a better time... :confused:

Does anybody have a pic of Eveline Rusdianto? Is she supposed to be pretty? ;)
Is she studying, because she hardly plays any events? :confused:

Harju.
Mar 15th, 2003, 02:18 PM
I agree.. Yayuk is a very successful player, I would say.. I mean she's not like Graf or Williams sisters.. but her achievement had so far proved to the indonesians that wwe could do well in sports despite our conditions

Harju.
Mar 15th, 2003, 02:19 PM
The reason why I'm surprised is because that there will be Grade 1 Junior events in Asia at the time, which would do wonders for their rankings. They could play Asian $10Ks at a better time... :confused:

Does anybody have a pic of Eveline Rusdianto? Is she supposed to be pretty? ;)
Is she studying, because she hardly plays any events? :confused:
I hope Sandy will choose the Grade1 junior tourney.. i mean it's inportant to crack her rank.. and with that, Wukir and Liza can play for Fed Cup ;)

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 16th, 2003, 03:44 AM
Yayuk Basuki is a legend for Indonesian tennis! When she was 12 years old, she won a national tournament already! Her highest singles ranking: ranked 19th (October 6-12, 1997) and her highest doubles ranking: ranked 9th (July 6- Aug. 2, 1998)!!! Wimbledon is her best record: once 1st round in 1996, once QF in 1997, 3 times 3rd round 1991, 1998 and 2000 after she gave a birth and 4 years in a row (1992-1995) she managed to reach 4th round!

Year End Championships with Vis, she reached QF in 1996 and 1997 then in 1998 she nad Vis managed to reach SF by defeating duo Hingis & Novotna!!!

I have watched her many times such as Danamon Open/First Lady Cup (tier IV) in Jakarta when she won in 1993, 1994 and more years...I watched her in Fed Cup ties being played in Jakarta when Indonesia played against Argentina (great to see Gabby!), Switzerland (nice to See Martina & Patty), Belgium (I saw Van Roost & Appelmans)...Yayuk managed to win over Hingis in 3 sets in that Fed Cup tie and Indonesia lost 2-3!

I met her last week a couple times and I talked to her and she is still humble as usual...One crazy tennis fan said that he felt strange when he saw a shining BMW and then he found out that the driver was Yayuk Basuki...He felt funny that with such luxury car he saw a dark brown skin Javanese woman! He would have expected a white skin and beautiful woman! I told him that please do not be racist...She deserves such car...she is one of the few people in Indonesia who has been working hard...She is not like many Indonesians in the public sector or even private ones who are very corrupt!

Now, she focuses on the coaching for junior players! Go, YB!!!

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 16th, 2003, 03:49 AM
I would rather to see Sandy Gumulya to play KL Grade 1...but we'll see if she is okay after such awful injuries...BTW, Evelyn is studying in USA so I wish I could take a picture of her! Yes, she is focusing on her studies since her father - Jacob Rusdianto, former badminton player and is an enterpreneur in Surabaya, East Java - wants her to continue his business! ;)

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 16th, 2003, 03:55 AM
NZ F2, Christchurch, New Zealand (Total prize money 10,000 bucks) from March 3-9, 2003

Our male player, Hendri Susilo Pramono - a qualifier - lost to another qualifier in first round. Hendri lost to Yu Wang of China - 16 63 57!

NZ F3, North Harbour, New Zealand (Total prize money 10,000 bucks) from March 10-16, 2003

Singles:

1st round - Hendri Susilo Pramono (q) lost to Mustafa Ghouse (IND/7) 57 46

Doubles:

1st round - Febi Widhianto/Hendri Susilo Pramono (INA) def. Jaco Mathew/Rishi Sridhar (IND) 67(5) 63 62

QF - Febi/Hendri lost to Stephane Bohli/Jun Kato (SUI/JPN/1) 26 16

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 16th, 2003, 08:15 AM
Local sport journalists are mostly not specialized on certain sport such as tennis...Again and again, both TV news or newspaper news are decorated with some mistakes information! TV reporters are bad...They come to a tournament site and they just get the final results and they do not know how to get good angle of tennis match! Once in a famous sport tabloid, it was written that Agassi was born in Iran!!! :eek: Yes, he has Iranian blood from his dad, reporters! In the last 2 days, one newspaper and a sport tabloid mentioned that Diana Julianto is still junior player! They just did not know what they wrote to the public...Oh, well...I have sent complain to them and wel will see what is gonna happen next time! :D It is embarassing as local journalist and you do not know your own local players? :confused: :o

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 17th, 2003, 08:02 AM
Angie is reaching ranked 56th, her highest ever! Way to go! :cool: :wavey:

Wynne is slightly climbing up to 114th! Keep fighting, Wynne! :) :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 17th, 2003, 08:06 AM
Yayuk "Indonesian jaguar" Basuki has her highest ranking for singles: 19th and 9th for doubles!

Angie after she won her first WTA title in Nusa Dua Bali, her ranking jumped up from 579 to 151...Her season ending singles ranking: 709 (2000), 149 (2001) and 69 (2002) plus her highest ranking in 2002 was 59...Viva Indonesian tennis!!! :cool: :) :D :wavey: :bounce:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 18th, 2003, 03:39 AM
Ayu Fani Damayanti who I believed had to go through qualifying round...She defeated Lyoo Suh Heeseun of Korea in 1st round! Good run, Ayu...good luck against tough Mari Andersson!!! :cool: :wavey: Go, Bali! :wavey:

Joana Febri Andriani...who must have gone through qualifying round, too - she lost in 1st round to a better player, Lara Giltinan of Aussie...Next time better, Bojonegoro girl!!! :D :wavey:

Septi Mende...1st round lost to Daniella Dominikovic! UEs problem? :(

Maya Rosa has bye in 1st round...Go, Maya...cut down ur UEs! :cool: :wavey:

Sandy Gumulya is not competing here since she is stil injured! :(

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 18th, 2003, 08:07 AM
I heard from my friend that "TVRI" reported about Kim Clijsters' won in IW and they said that she won the prize money of US$ 2.4 million! Big lol... :eek: :o

Also I was told that "Koran Tempo" wrote that Marta Marrero was once defeated by Angie in Wismilak Bali last year!!! Another big lol... :o :eek:

And in "Kompas" daily today, it was written that Wynne Prakusya played 50K in the city of Indiana! Gee, that's not a state for sure...lol... :o :eek:

kfh_9118
Mar 18th, 2003, 08:09 AM
lol

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 19th, 2003, 09:33 AM
As of Match 17th, 2003:

Singles:
Sandy Gumulya - 91
Maya Rosa - 100
Septi Mende - 144
Denise Harijanto - 301
Dian Mayasari - 326
Ayu Fani Damayanti - 330
Joana Febri Andriani - 364
Stella Sondang - 384
Lavinia Tananta -386
Nancy Metriya - 435
and 10 more girls

* Denise, Dian, Ayu & Joana have improved so much! Keep going!

Doubles:
Septi Mende - 53
Sandy Gumulya - 70
Maya Rosa - 100
Denise Harijanto - 188
Golda Rubina - 296
Ayu Fani Damayanti - 334
Lavinia Tananta - 344
Joana Febri Andriani - 395
Nancy Metriya - 408
Dian Mayasari - 566
and 14 more girls!

Most of these girls are lack of abroad tournament's exposure!!!

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 19th, 2003, 09:37 AM
After getting bye, Maya Rosa (seeded 16) managed to win over a Malaysian player (forgot her name) in 3 sets and she will play against seeded 4 Du Rui from China in 3rd round! Tough match, Maya! :)

Also in 2nd round, Ayu Fani was overpowered by Swedish Mari Andersson (seeded 9) 1-6, 1-6! But I am sure, Ayu's rank will jump next week! Good for her, she could play grade 1! :cool:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 19th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Indonesia will host South Korea in Surabaya on April 4-6, 2003!

Indonesia will be fielding: Peter Handoyo - a Surabaya native (ATP 539), Febi Widhianto (ATP 773), Suwandi (ATP 783) and Prima Simpatiaji (ATP 906) while South Korea will be represented by: Kim Dong Hyun (ATP 420), Im Kyu Tae (ATP 597), Chung Hee Seok (ATP 644) and Chung Hee Sung (ATP 939).

Good luck, Indonesia!!! :D :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 20th, 2003, 03:49 AM
From Miami - Wynne lost in Q1 while Angie is still up and down moving all around with her erratic game! Now, I may call her as "Miss see-saw"! :p

From KL Grade 1 - bad lost by Sunu Wahyu Trijati to better Aussie - and also he lost in dubs! :(

Maya Rosa lost to Du Rui was expected...Maya was simply outclassed by her! :mad:

But there is a slight smile since Maya with Septi Mende have reached QF in dubs and will play tough pair Mari Andersson/E Van Londen...duo Ericsson and KLM! Good luck! :cool: :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 20th, 2003, 04:15 AM
A national open tournament just started yesterday in Pontianak, West Kalimantan and it is only for male players.

Seeding for singles:
1. Sebastian Da Costa (West Nusa Tenggara)
2. Prima Simpatiaji (Central Java)
3. Surya Wijaya (West Nusa Tenggara)
4. Nesa Artha (Jakarta)
5. Ferdi Fauzi (West Sumatra)
6. Eko Kurniawan (Jakarta)
7. Immanuel Prakoso (Jakarta)
8. Al Imron (Bali)

It is time for you Prima to win the title here! :cool: Come on, big server!

Seeding for dubs:
1. Sebastian Da Costa/Surya Wijaya
2. Ferdi Fauzi/Eko Kurniawan
3. Nesa Artha/Prima Simpatiaji
4. Enrico Satria/Yohanes Pintu

It is not Indonesia if there is no controversy...even in small tourney like this, the local tennis association have made controversial decision...They gave wild cards to junior players instead of more experienced local players! Whatever the top people in Jakarta do will generate to local people! That's the way it is! :mad: :( :sad: :o

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 20th, 2003, 04:17 AM
Based on the report of PELTI, Indonesia needs 750 new tennis coaches every year!!! Anyone interested? Hahaha... :p

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 21st, 2003, 11:54 AM
Well, Wynne used to date former number one Indonesian tennis player, Suwandi and then she dated Taufik Hidayat - currently number one badminton player here...And I was told by Thai tennis coach that Srichapan liked Wynne but too bad Wynne did not want him! Angie also said in her interview that PS was not her type! :hearts:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 21st, 2003, 11:59 AM
From KL Grade 1 - as expected, Septi Mende/Maya Rosa lost to Mari Andersson/Esther Van Londen (Switzerland/Holland) 57 36! It was the 2nd time Septi and Maya played as a pair! Septi partners with Maya when Sandy is not available!

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 21st, 2003, 12:31 PM
PELTI has 16 yo national selection for boys and girls. This event is being held at "Gelora Bung Karno" Tennis Center, Senayan, Jakarta and it was started today until Sunday, March 23, 2003. The boys are going to compete for 2 slots as national team for Davis Cup Junior which will be held late April in Jakarta. One player is in the team already, he is Sunu Wahyu Trijati - ITF 79. While the girls are competing for 3 slots as national team for Fed Cup Junior which will be held in Kuala Lumpur.

Boys' entries:
1. Anthony Tan (Jakarta)
2. Sandy Purnomo (Jakarta)
3. Ayrton Wibowo (Jakarta) - the only son of former national players/couple - Tintus Arianto Wibowo and Suzanna Anggarkusuma (Suzanna is now coaching Wynne Prakusya)
4. Seno Hartono (Bandung, West Java)
5. Alvin Putra Kurniawan (Jakarta)
6. M Faisal Aidil (Balikpapan, East Kalimantan)

* Actually, Elbert Sie of Bandung was supposed to be here, but his mother, Lusi, is currently having serious illness, so he could not make it. Personally, I know Elbert's mom, she is very sweet lady and I pray for her speedy recovery.

1st day results:
Anthony Tan d. Seno Hartono 61 61
Anthony Tan d. Alvin Putra Kurniawan 60 60
Sandy Purnomo d. Ayrton Wibowo 64 60
Sandy Purnomo d. M Faisal Aidil 64 64
Ayrton Wibowo d. Seno Hartono 61 75
M Faisal Aidil d. Alvin Putra Kurniawan 63 64

Girls' entries:
1. Denise Harijanto (Jakarta)
2. Lavinia Tananta (Semarang, Central Java)
3. Ayu Fani Damayanti (Denpasar, Bali)
4. Golda Rubina (Jakarta)
5. Joana Febri Andriani (Palembang, South Sumatra)
6. Dian Mayasari (Tulungagung, East Java)
7. Nancy Metriya (Denpasar, Bali)

1st day results:
Lavinia Tananta d. Denise Harijanto 62 62
Lavinia Tananta d. Dian Mayasari 57 63 75
Ayu Fani Damayanti d. Joana Febri Andriani 64 62
Ayu Fani Damayanti d. Golda Rubina 60 61
Denise Harijanto d. Nancy Metriya 63 61
Joana Febri Andriani d. Golda Rubina 63 63
Dian Mayasari d. Nancy Metriya 61 61

My picks would be: Ayu Fani Damayanti, Lavinia Tananta & Joana Febri! Most of these boys and girls have been out of school since they have played in different tourneys in the last 4-5 weeks! Especially Ayu, Joana, Denise, Golda and Nancy!

Rising Sun
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:11 PM
Well, Wynne used to date former number one Indonesian tennis player, Suwandi and then she dated Taufik Hidayat - currently number one badminton player here...And I was told by Thai tennis coach that Srichapan liked Wynne but too bad Wynne did not want him! Angie also said in her interview that PS was not her type! :hearts:
I remember Paradorn once said he liked Chinese-looking girls. Too bad Wynne didn't feel the same way about him. :p

Angie also once said she doesn't want a boyfriend until she reaches Top 10... :rolleyes:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 23rd, 2003, 02:38 AM
Girls:
Ayu Fani Damayanti d Nacy Metriya 61 61
Golda Rubina d Denise Harijanto 57 64 64
Lavinia Tananta d Nancy Metriya 63 57 61
Joana Febri Andriani d Dian Mayasari 46 63 61

Boys:
Anthony Tan d Sandy Purnomo 61 16 64
Ayrton Wibowo d M Faisal Aidil 62 61
Alvin Putra Kurniawan d Seno Hartono 63 16 63
Anthony Tan v Ayrton ? for Ayrton, 63, 20 rained out - to be continued today
Sandy Purnomo v Alvin Putra Kurniawan 61 44 rained out - to be continued today

lin
Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:59 AM

:eek: Wynne and Taufik are together ;) interesting ;) :hearts:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:08 AM
QF results:
Sebastian Da Costa (West Nusa Tenggara/1) d Yusfridar Sangkala (South Sulawesi) 63 63
Eko Putro (Bali) d Nesa Artha (Jakarta/4) 67(0) 60 75
* Eko Putro is older brother of Ayu Fani Damayanti - who is now in the national selection of 16 yo - Eko is now beginning to play in senior level and his final junior title was Oreo Salonpas Junior Intl Championship 2002 Grade 5 in Jakarta back in November
Surya Wijaya (West Nusa Tenggara/3) d Samsudin Pare (South Sulawesi) 62 61
Prima Simpatiaji (Central Java/2) d Immanuel Prakoso (Jakarta/7) 61 64

SF results:
Sebastian Da Costa d Eko Putro 64 75
Prima Simpatiaji d Surya Wijaya 76(4) 63

Final would be interesting between more expperienced player, Da Costa and young gun with big serve, Simpatiaji! :fiery:

zaqwsx
Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:13 AM
I was told by Thai tennis coach that Srichapan liked Wynne but too bad Wynne did not want him! Angie also said in her interview that PS was not her type!

Really? I've never heard about this before ....WOWWWW She is so lucky... You know, in Thailand, there are so many models and actresses who want to be his GF...

Rising Sun
Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:19 AM
They split up mid-2000 though. ;)
I remember 'cos Wynne won the $75K Challenger in Salt Lake City right after that! :p

Steveg
Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:21 AM
Lol :D . Looks like this thread will become soon a summary of Indonesian tabloids ;) .

Luke, you mean split up with Taufik I suppose, not with Srichapan ;) .

lin
Mar 23rd, 2003, 11:24 AM
LOL :o ;)

I guess one reason it's because Wynne can't stand Taufik in some ways ;) .

Rising Sun
Mar 23rd, 2003, 01:17 PM
Lol :D . Looks like this thread will become soon a summary of Indonesian tabloids ;) .

Luke, you mean split up with Taufik I suppose, not with Srichapan ;) .
Oops, I forgot to "Quote Message in Reply". :o

Yes, Taufik! :p

spyro
Mar 23rd, 2003, 02:41 PM
LOL :o ;)

I guess one reason it's because Wynne can't stand Taufik in some ways ;) .
It's money problem.... :o

Steveg
Mar 23rd, 2003, 03:14 PM
It's money problem.... :o
Spyro, it's not nice to say that Taufik is a womaniser who has been borrowing money from all his girlfriends ;) . Ooops :o .

There are besides some stories that claim he always gave back the money he had borrowed ;) .

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 24th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Boys' yesterday matches:
Ayrton Wibowo d Alvin Putra Kurniawan 61 63
Ayrton Wibowo d Anthony Tan 63 36 63 (postponed match)
Sandy Purnomo d Alvin Putra Kurniawan 61 75 (postponed match)
Sandy Purnomo d Seno Hartono 63 63
Seno Hartono d M Faisal Aidil 46 63 63

Final standing:
1. Sandy Purnomo - selected to be in Davis Cup Junior team
2. Anthony Tan - selected to be in Davis Cup Junior team
3. Ayrton Wibowo
4. Seno Hartono
5. M Faisal Aidil
6. Alvin Putra Kurniawan

Girls' yesterday matches:
Ayu Fani Damayanti d Denise Harijanto 64 46 61 - the 1st time Ayu lost one set
Ayu Fani Damayanti d Dian Mayasari 63 61
Joana Febri Andriani d Denise Harijanto 46 63 60
Joana Febri Andriani d Lavinia Tananta 62 36 75
Golda Rubina d Nancy Metriya 61 60
Golda Rubina d Dian Mayasari 62 64

Postponed matches due to rain will be played today:
Ayu Fani Damayanti v Lavinia Tananta
Lavinia Tananta v Golda Rubina
Denise Harijanto v Dian Mayasari
Joana Febri Andriani v Nancy Metriya

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 24th, 2003, 07:30 AM
Today's remaining matches for girls:
Ayu Fani Damayanti d Lavinia Tananta 75 64
Lavinia Tananta d Golda Rubina 63 61
Dian Mayasari d Denise Harijanto 62 16 60
Joana Febri Andriani d Nancy Metriya 61 61

Final standing:
1. Ayu Fani Damayanti (Bali) - selected to be Fed Cup Junior team
2. Joana Febri Andriani (Palembang, South Sumatra) - selected to be Fed Cup Junior team
3. Lavinia Tananta (Semarang, Central Java) - selected to be Fed Cup Junior team
4. Golda Rubina (Jakarta)
5. Dian Mayasari (Tulungagung, East Java)
6. Denise Harijanto (Jakarta)
7. Nancy Metriya (Bali)

Last year, Indonesia was represented by Sandy Gumulya, Septi Mende and Maya Rosa in this event and they lost in qualifying rounds in Jakarta! Good luck, Ayu, Jojo and Vini in KL starting April 29th!

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 25th, 2003, 01:24 AM
Girls' singles:
1. Sandy Gumulya/94 - down from 91
2. Maya Rosa/97 - up from 100
3. Septi Mende/143 - up from 144
4. Ayu Fani Damayanti/261 - up from 330, she is definitely the most improved player for Indonesia!
5. Denise Harijanto/297 - up from 301
6. Dian Mayasari/322 - up from 326
7. Joana Febri Andriani/361 - up from 364
8. Stella Sondang/381 - up from 384
9. Lavinia Tananta/384 - up from 386
10. Nancy Metriya/437 - down from 435

Girls' doubles:
1. Septi Mende/53 - same as last week
2. Sandy Gumulya/82 - down from 70
3. Maya Rosa/88 - up from 100
4. Denise Harijanto/188 - stay the same
5. Golda Rubina/292 - up from 296
6. Ayu Fani Damayanti/331 - up from 334
7. Lavinia Tananta/341 - up from 344
8. Joana Febri Andriani/389 - up from 395
9. Nancy Metriya/404 - up from 408
10. Dian Mayasari/559 - up from 566

Boys' singles:
1. Sunu Wahyu Trijati/79
2. Elbert Sie/340
3. Immanuel Prakoso/388
4. Ayrton Wibowo/434
5. Jonathan Amdanu/513
6. Chris Mayanto/531
7. Sandy Purnomo/638
8. Tio Lana Putra/645
9. Harris Ernanda Tedjokusumo/711
10. Anthony Tan 732

Boys' doubles:
1. Sunu Wahyu Trijati/101
2. Immanuel Prabowo/192
3. Immanuel Prakoso/192
4. Christian Adinata/272
5. Ismail Jaya/292
6. Anthony Tan/309
7. Jonathan Amdanu/335
8. Armendio Anggara/335
9. Harris Ernanda Tedjokusumo/560
10. Sandy Purnomo/589

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 25th, 2003, 07:10 AM
1. Maya Rosa (Surabaya, East Java)
2. Sandy Gumulya (Jakarta)
3. Septi Mende (Jakarta)
4. Lavinia Tananta (Semarang, Central Java)
5. Denise Harijanto (Jakarta)
6. Stella Sondang (Jakarta)
7. Dian Mayasari (Tulungagung, East Java)
8. Golda Rubina (Jakarta)
9. Joana Febri Andriani (Palembang, South Sumatra)
10. Ayu Fani Damayanti (Denpasar, Bali)

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 25th, 2003, 07:23 AM
1. Angelique Widjaja (West Java)
2. Wynne Prakusya (Central Java)
3. Liza Andriyani (West Java)
4. Diana Julianto (West Java)
5. Wukirasih Sawondari (Jakarta)
6. Sandy Gumulya (Jakarta)
7. Eny Sulistyowati (Jakarta)
8. Dian Anggraeni (Central Java)
9. Septi Mende (Jakarta)
10. Mudarwati (Yogyakarta)

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 26th, 2003, 08:33 AM
From Amata Cup Grade 1 Junior Championship in Thailand, 2 girls' players only reached up to 2nd round in singles. The results are:

1st round:
Septi Mende d Pattanaporn Kamjan (THA/LL) 62 61
Maya Rosa d Tina Schmassmann (SUI) 61 75

2nd round:
Montinee Tangphong (THA/10) d Septi Mende 62 67(2) 61
Good fight by Septi against number one Thai player!
Zsuszanna Babos (HUN/2) d Maya Rosa 60 61
Babos simply outclassed erratic Maya!

At least, good to know Indonesian girls are playing Grade 1 tournament!

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 27th, 2003, 02:32 AM
Final:
Prima Simpatiaji (Central Java) def. Sebastian Da Costa (West Nusa Tenggara) 64 64
Ferdi Fauzi/Eko Kurniawan (West Sumatra/Jakarta) def. Prima Simpatiaji/Nesa Artha (Central Java/Jakarta) 64 64

Congrats, Prima for being the champion! You deserved it big server! :cool: :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 27th, 2003, 02:38 AM
After 2nd round loss in singles, Septi Mende and Maya Rosa managed to win their doubles match by defeating Pichittra Thongdach/Varanya Vijuksanaboon (THA) 60 62 in 2nd round! Tough match in QF, they will play against top doubles from Thailand, Montinee Tangphong/Thassha Vitayaviroj! Good luck! :wavey:

Our top boys' player, Sunu Wahyu Trijati lost in his 2nd round singles after he received 1st round bye. Sunu lost to Russian Alexander Kudriavtsev 75 46 26!

In doubles, with his Thai partner - Kirati Siributwong, Sunu managed to win 1st and 2nd round matches.

1st round: def. Woong Sun Jun/Sun Yong Kim (KOR) 64 62
2nd round: def. Amadeus Fulford Jones/Jimmy Schneider (GBR/NED) 60 36 62. Good luck, Sunu/Kirati against duo South Africa in QF! :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 28th, 2003, 03:08 AM
From Amata Cup in Thailand, 2 different results from Indonesian junior players. First, Septi Mende/Maya Rosa had a breakthrough by reaching SF of Grade 1 tourney - they defeated strong pair of Thailand, Montinee Tangphong/Thassha Vitayaviroj 64 61...Congrats, girls and be tough against duo OZ in SF! :)

Sunu Wahyu Trijati/Kirati Siributwong lost to South African pair, David North/Fritz Wolmarans 36 63 36 in QF! Bad luck! :(

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 28th, 2003, 03:12 AM
SCTV sport news this morning made me laugh! They reported Tarakan Cup Tennis Tornament and they showed Wukirasih Sawondari played on court...They said that Suwandi, Febi Widhianto & Yayuk Basuki are competing here...LOL...stupid reporter...these three are there for exhibition! And then, they said that for women's players, there are Liza Andriyani and Nesa Artha...Gee, Nesa is a boy! Poor information! :o :(

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 29th, 2003, 01:12 AM
Men's singles - 2nd round:
Hendri Susilo Pramono (Jakarta) d Andery Setyawan (East Java) 61 64
Ariawan Poerbo (East Kalimantan) d Chris Mayanto (East Java) 76(2) 64
Sebastian Da Costa (West Nusa Tenggara) d Dadang AR (South Kalimantan) 63 62
Ferdi Fauzi (West Sumatra) d Ferza Gautama (Central Java) 61 60
Bonit Wiryawan (East Java) d Bramadhita (Yogyakarta) 64 60
Nesa Artha (Jakarta) d Mulyawan (East Kalimantan) 62 75
Prima Simpatiaji (Central Java) d Immanuel Prabowo (Jakarta) 61 62
Eko Kurniawan (Jakarta) d Supriadi R (East Kalimantan) 62 30 ret

Men's doubles - 2nd round:
Hendri Davin Tedja/Sulistyo Wibowo (West Java) d Al Imron/Tosho (Bali/Japan) 61 61
Bramadhita/Jayadi (Yogyakarta) d Bayu/Deddy Ivan (East Kalimantan) 63 61
Andery Setyawan/Sebastian Da Costa (East Java/West Nusa Tenggara) d Benny Tandjung/Dadang (East Kalimantan) 61 61
Abdul Kahar MIM/Ariawan (East Kalimantan) d Ismail Jaya/Fandi Suyadi (East Java) 61 60
Fersha/Setyo Dwi (Central Java) d Immanuel Prabowo/Johan S (Jakarta) 62 75
Edy K/Faisal (East Kalimantan) d Abi Gael/Chris Mayanto (East Kalimantan/East Java) 75 63
Eko Kurniawan/Faishal (Jakarta/East Kalimantan) d Prima Simpatiaji/Nesa Artha (Central Java/Jakarta) 62 57 75
Bonit Wiryawan/Hendri Susilo Pramono (East Java/Jakarta) d Denny/Supriadi (East Kalimantan) 60 61

Women's singles - QF:
Liza Andriyani (West Java) d Mimma Chernovita (East Kalimanatan) 63 61
Eny Sulistyowati (Jakarta) d Mudarwati (Yogyakarta) 63 62
Wukirasih Sawondari (Jakarta) d Irma (East Kalimantan) 60 61
Dian Anggraeni (Central Java) d Villa Daniella (West Sumatra) 75 63

Women's doubles - QF:
Liza Andriyani/Wukirasih Sawondari (West Java/Jakarta) d Rosita/Shinella (East Kalimantan) 60 60
Mimma Chernovita/Eny Sulistyowati (East Kalimantan/Jakarta) d Irma Ratman/Villa Daniella (West Sumatra) 63 60
Matulanda Lumanauw/Lanny Kaligis Lumanauw (North Sulawesi) d Arbaenah/Indra Pancarina (?) 60 60
Dian Anggraeni/Mudarwati (Central Java/Yogyakarta) d Halimah/Hetty R (East Kalimantan) 60 60

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 29th, 2003, 01:18 AM
6 players who were selected from 14 yo national selection - boys: Agung Bagus Dewantoro (Central Java), Fendi Gunawan (West Java), Christopher Rungkat (Jakarta); girls: Mia Sacca (Yogyakarta), Lutfiana AB (Central Java), Vivien Silfany (South Sumatra) are all leaving for Korat, Thailand for 14 yo East Asian Championship which is also an event for 14 yo Asian Team for European Tour's selection. They are all self-funded and shame on PELTI (Indonesian Lawn Tennis Association) for not providing any financial assistance! :o

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 29th, 2003, 01:22 AM
Wow, what a surprise! Septi Mende/Maya Rosa keep on cruising in Amata Cup in Thailand! In SF, they defeated duo Aussie - Daniella Dominikovic/Lara Giltinan 62 62. Congrats for a great result all the way to final in grade 1! Tough final match against duo Eastern Europe, Babos/Frankova, good luck! :D :wavey:

Harju.
Mar 29th, 2003, 10:53 AM
Congrats Mayta and Septi :D

Fight Liza andd Wukir

show to them that they were sooo wrong not to pick you guys in Fed cup...

Shine On Silver Moon
Mar 29th, 2003, 11:49 PM
From Amata Cup Grade 1 in Thailand, Septi Mende/Maya Rosa won the doubles' title without playing aka walk over Zsuszanna Babos/Nikola Frankova (HUN/CZE). It is not a nice way to win actually, but congrats for second title for both of you this year! Septi's double rank will break into top 50! ;)

Harju.
Mar 30th, 2003, 12:56 PM
;) Congrats to Septi ;)

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 1st, 2003, 04:10 AM
As of March 31, 2003

Girls' singles:
95 (97) Maya Rosa - congrats, Maya for being ahead of Sandy 4 the 1st time!
117 (94) Sandy Gumulya - that's the price you have to pay when u have injury! Regroup, Sandy!
141 (143) Septi Mende
262 (261) Ayu Fani Damayanti
295 (297) Denise Harijanto
321 (322) Dian Mayasari
358 (361) Joana Febri Andriani
378 (381) Stella Sondang
381 (384) Lavinia Tananta
435 (437) Nancy Metriya
plus 10 more players

Girls' doubles:
21 (53) Septi Mende - congrats for returning back to top 50 and even higher now!
40 (88) Maya Rosa - congrats for breaking through top 50!!!
93 (82) Sandy Gumulya - poor Sandy, climb back!
186 (188) Denise Harijanto
287 (292) Golda Rubina
324 (331) Ayu Fani Damayanti
334 (341) Lavinia Tananta
384 (389) Joana Febri Andriani
400 (404) Nancy Metriya
553 (559) Dian Mayasari
plus 14 more players

In boys category, it is only Sunu Wahyu Trijati worth to be mentioned. Sunu's ranking for singles: 80 (79) and doubles: 76 (101)! Keep it up, Sunu!

Harju.
Apr 1st, 2003, 08:43 AM
any news on mayor cup, adjie?

Glad to see septi and maye break into top 50 :D

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 1st, 2003, 12:11 PM
I got this results directly over the phone from Wukirasih Sawondari! :wavey:

Wukirasih Sawondari came out as the women's singles champion after defeating her good friend, Liza Andriyani 36 62 63 - Congrats, Wukir...u can do it if you want to! :D

In dubs, Wukir and Liza teamed up to grab the title after knocked down Dian Anggraeni/Mudarwati 61 60! :bounce:

For men's singles-Davis Cup team member, Prima Simpatiaji def. Hendri Susilo Pramono 63 61! Wow, 2 weeks in a row with titles for Prima! Way to go...big server! :wavey:

In men's dubs - old crack Bonit Wiryawan/Hendri Susilo Pramono def. Sebastian Da Costa/Andery Setiyawan - score unknown

It was the 1st time ever tourney here and it was held in a banrd new indoor stadium with total of 8 courts! Tarakan is ready to host an international tournament and PELTI may consider Tarakan to have 10K tournament next year! Congrats, Tarakan - small town with big money!

Harju.
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:23 PM
:D Congrats Wukir :D :D
Too bad for Liza though :(

I'm so happy for both of them and show the Pelti that they are dumb :rolleyes:

Harju.
Apr 1st, 2003, 01:25 PM
:eek: You actually phone Wukir :o Damn :( :(
How i wish i could talk to her directly :D

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 2nd, 2003, 12:17 PM
Congratulations on your birthday today, Sandy - April 2nd'03 - What a sweet seventeen, you know what I mean...Many happy returns in everything you dream of! :bounce: :cool: :wavey: Yup, today is Sandy Gumulya's b-day, guys!

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:45 AM
Diana Julianto keeps her Indian tour on a low note! At Mumbai 10K, she is still struggling! In singles, after 1st round win over Russian Julia Vorobieva 63 76(9) then in 2nd round she lost to an experienced local player, Rushmi Chakravarti 16 46! Her luck is not good also in doubles with local player Shruti Dhawan. After 1st round win over Orawan Lamangthong/Sheethal Goutham (THA/IND) 61 61 then Diana/Shruti lost to 1st seed Manisha Malholtra/Radhika Tulpule (IND) 06 36!

FYI, Diana is actually having no coach at all since her father does not want her to have one. So, she practically goes on the tour by herself and she has noone to discuss about her game. Poor decision by her dad! For practice at home, she has hitting partner with former national player, Sulistyo Wibowo (older brother of Liza Andriyani)!

Well, Diana...you need to have a breakthrough by reaching QF again at least...You did it twice last year! Going into SF would be super! Never give up, Diana! :D

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 3rd, 2003, 11:54 AM
Tie between South Korea and Indonesia will be held at "Embong Sawo" hard court, Surabaya from April 4 to 6, 2003!

Schedule for April 4th:
Febi Widhianto (2nd single) v Dong Hyung Kim (1st single)
Peter Handoyo (1st single) v Hee Seok Chung (2nd single)

Schedule for April 5th:
Peter Handoyo/Suwandi v Hee Seok Chung/Hee Sung Cheng
*Peter/Suwandi lost to Chung/Cheng in Asian Games Busan!

Schedule for April 6th:
Febi Widhianto v Hee Seok Chung
Peter Handoyo v Dong Hyung Kim

Come on, good luck Indonesia...take home advantage...Korea is very tough!

Harju.
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:20 PM
At least Hyung Taik Lee never play *phew*

I think that is the best team already.. of course with Hendri Susilo would be better ;)

Harju.
Apr 3rd, 2003, 01:22 PM
Diana Julianto keeps her Indian tour on a low note! At Mumbai 10K, she is still struggling! In singles, after 1st round win over Russian Julia Vorobieva 63 76(9) then in 2nd round she lost to an experienced local player, Rushmi Chakravarti 16 46! Her luck is not good also in doubles with local player Shruti Dhawan. After 1st round win over Orawan Lamangthong/Sheethal Goutham (THA/IND) 61 61 then Diana/Shruti lost to 1st seed Manisha Malholtra/Radhika Tulpule (IND) 06 36!

FYI, Diana is actually having no coach at all since her father does not want her to have one. So, she practically goes on the tour by herself and she has noone to discuss about her game. Poor decision by her dad! For practice at home, she has hitting partner with former national player, Sulistyo Wibowo (older brother of Liza Andriyani)!

Well, Diana...you need to have a breakthrough by reaching QF again at least...You did it twice last year! Going into SF would be super! Never give up, Diana! :D
:o I just realize that diana is alone :eek: Poor girl, she should find adecent coach if she wants improvement *sigh* poor girl

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 5th, 2003, 04:03 AM
Davis Cup tie on 1st day between Indonesia v South Korea 1-1!

Febi Widhianto def. Dong Hyung Kim 61 63 60
It was a sweet revenge by Febi! Febi lost to Kim last year in 3 sets in Thailand. Kim is Asian Champion in 1995 and 1997! Febi did not let Kim to play his serve and volley game!

Hee Seok Chung def. Peter Handoyo 75 62 21 ret
Peter was physically bad all the time! Until he got cramp and he decided to quit! Martina Widjaja was really pissed-off! She accused Peter for not being "nationalist" by giving-up like that! The doctor said that Peter got dehydration and if he kept on playing, his health could be worse!

Steveg
Apr 5th, 2003, 04:13 AM
Peter was physically bad all the time! Until he got cramp and he decided to quit! Martina Widjaja was really pissed-off! She accused Peter for not being "nationalist" by giving-up like that! The doctor said that Peter got dehydration and if he kept on playing, his health could be worse!Thanks for the short summary :) .

So typical of Martina :rolleyes: .

I am sure she was talking all the time during the match :rolleyes: and Peter had actually an ear injury, as they (I mean both of his ears) could not take it any longer :p .

Martina Widjaja will also be present at the Fed Cup, won't she :eek: .

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 5th, 2003, 04:31 AM
LOL when u said Peter had ear injury, too! UR damn right! U know, last time when Indonesia played Uzbekistan, Martina was really bitchy to Febi all the time - the whole week in Tashkent, Febi was simply the victim of MW! But Febi played well as he won against local top player in the opening match! Again, now...Febi performed very well and Martina may have to shut her mouth unless naughty flies would get in! You know, Martina hates Febi's coach - Dedy Prasetyo. Dedy has been criticizing MW so much about her leadership conduct! But Dedy's tennis students like Febi, Hendri Susilo Pramono, Prima Simpatiaji as well as Sunu Wahyu Trijati are proven to perform well so far!

BTW, with this SARS' virus going on, do you think 25K in Ho Chi Minh city later this month is still gonna be on schedule?

Steveg
Apr 5th, 2003, 04:42 AM
I think MW likes only Suwandi ;) .

I don't anticipate the $25K in Hochiminh City to be cancelled or even postponed. But I expect quite some withdrawals in the week to come :sad: . I wonder if Liza Andriyani intends to withdraw :confused: .

Other than that, I am very healthy thanks :D . I stay nearly 2,000km away from where the few SARS cases have been discovered ;). And so does the tournament :) .

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 5th, 2003, 06:47 AM
Steveg...I have asked Wukir/Wukirasih Sawondari - a good friend of Liza - Yes, Liza has confirmed that she is cancelling her participation at 25K in HCM City! :sad: For sure, both Liza and Wukir are going to compete in 10K - 1st in Jakarta (May 5-11) and Surabaya (May 12-18)!

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 5th, 2003, 01:52 PM
After over 2 hours delay due to heavy shower, double match began after dark between Peter Handoyo/Suwandi against Hee Seok Chung/Hee Sung Cheng and final score 75 64 64 for Indonesian duo! :wavey:

It was a sweet revenge by Peter/Suwandi when they lost to the same pair in Busan Asian Games last year. Head to head record in Davis Cup tie between South Korea and Indonesia is 6-4 for South Korea since 1976.

Last meeting in 2001 and it was in South Korea when Indonesia lost 1-4! The only match won for Indonesia was by Suwandi when he defeated Lee Hyung Taik 64 64!

Come on, Indonesia! :cool:

kfh_9118
Apr 5th, 2003, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the news, Adji

Go Indonesia :bounce:
How could MW accused Peter of not being nationalist. He has been so good so far in davis cup. You know, sometime, it's just not your day. I'm glad that they didn't ask Suwandi to play the single. Otherwise we may have down 0-2

Harju.
Apr 5th, 2003, 07:55 PM
Congrats Indonesia :D :D Now, win another one :(
MW is such a slut :eek: Peter had done his best already... :(

I just know that Liza would play in HCM :eek: With her own money?

kj-
Apr 6th, 2003, 01:14 AM
I don't like MW!! :mad: and her face of course... :o

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 6th, 2003, 04:53 AM
You know now in the newspaper, one tennis columnist wrote that he cannot understand why Peter gave up on his match last Friday! He makes comparison to Suwandi, Andrian Raturandang and Bonit Wiryawan when they played Davis Cup tie in the years before. Yes, I saw myself that moment when Suwandi was limping and struggling but he managed to win over Joseph Lizardo from the Philippines. IMO, we just simply cannot make any comparison from person to person. I would ask anyone who question Peter, what would you do if you were in his position? Easier said than done! And speaking of nationalism, we should not ask about anyone commitment or nationalism once he or she is giving the time to play in team event such Davis Cup or what ever. Even, as an individual by playing on the tour, each player has already bearing his or her country's name! So, it is rubbish to talk about nationalism anymore-we should learn from our friends in Japan, South Korea or Thailand maybe! I think, Peter knows best about his condition and he has a limit. Let's call MW as an abbreviation of "Mama War" since she likes to have enemies! That's not the kind of leader we need to have - very emotional, lack of sincerity and she can speak out like that cause she is very powerful with the dollars she has in her bank accounts! And if one day, a player is refusing to play any event, do not be surprised! She is just simply reluctant to be criticized! The worst thing, she generates that to the other Indonesian Lawn Tennis Federation's key members who often give unwise comment as leaders! Go, Amri...be the president of PELTI! For sure, PELTI hardly develops players...the parents and the clubs are!

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 6th, 2003, 10:45 AM
Just got the news from Surabaya, Suwandi who replaced Peter - won against Kyu Tae Im 64 64 61! Congrats, Suwandi and big hooray for Indonesia to stay in Group I!!! :wavey: :bounce:

Sorry, South Korea - next year you guys have to compete in Group II, but um sure you will return to Group I soon! :D

Now, the youngest member in Indonesian team, big server Prima Simpatiaji from Tegal, Central Java is playing against who I do not know yet...South Korea planned to field Hee Seok Chung but maybe they want change also with another player. This last match is being played in the best of three! :)

Keep going, Indonesia!!! :cool:

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 6th, 2003, 12:42 PM
As expected, in the last match - Hee Seok Chung was able to win over inexperienced Prima Simpatiaji 75 76(2)! Good fight by Prima, he needs more exposure to play abroad! So now head to head is 6-5 for South Korea! :wavey:

Harju.
Apr 9th, 2003, 11:13 AM
:bounce: Congrats Indo :D

Diana Julianto is playing in 10K Mumbai and just won her first round match against 6th seeded Meghan from India in two sets 7-6 6-4

Harju.
Apr 9th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Diana Julianto (INA) d. 6 Megha Vakharia (IND) 76(4) 64

and she's going to face Neri

Natalie Neri (GBR) d. Q Arthi Venkatraman (IND) 63 62

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:23 PM
Congrats, Diana for creating an upset! Keep going, make it to QF! And thanks to Felix for posting the news - I can rely on you, I know - Yup, I have been busy with my work!

Still on schedule:

Davis Cup Junior for Asia Oceania in Jakarta - April 28 until May 4, 2003

10K Women's Satellite in Jakarta - April 28 until May 4, 2003
So far 55 players are registered and they are coming from India, Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia, Rumania, Czech Republic, Italy, Sweden. And Indonesia will have 2 players in MD plus one in qualifying round. I hope, 2 in MD are Diana Julianto and Liza Andriyani and one in qualif is Wukirasih Sawondari!!!

10K Women's Satellite in Surabaya - May 5-11, 2003

Harju.
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:27 PM
:o Only 3 Indonesians :eek: :eek:

Harju.
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Any news on Fed Cup team yet?

kj-
Apr 9th, 2003, 02:35 PM
Congrats, Diana for creating an upset! Keep going, make it to QF! And thanks to Felix for posting the news - I can rely on you, I know - Yup, I have been busy with my work!

Still on schedule:

Davis Cup Junior for Asia Oceania in Jakarta - April 28 until May 4, 2003

10K Women's Satellite in Jakarta - April 28 until May 4, 2003
So far 55 players are registered and they are coming from India, Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Malaysia, Australia, Rumania, Czech Republic, Italy, Sweden. And Indonesia will have 2 players in MD plus one in qualifying round. I hope, 2 in MD are Diana Julianto and Liza Andriyani and one in qualif is Wukirasih Sawondari!!!

10K Women's Satellite in Surabaya - May 5-11, 2003
when will it played?!?!?!?

itu khan di hari pertama gue semester exam!!!! :mad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:33 AM
From Mumbai 2/10K, in 2nd round Diana Julianto defeated Natalie Neri 63 62 and in QF she will face 4th seed, Akgul Amanmuradova (UZB). Tough match will be for Diana! Good thing that finally Diana makes it into QF this year! Her best performance so far! Next week, she will surpass Wukirasih Sawondari in WTA ranking!!!

In doubles' QF, partnering with Po Kuen Lam of Hong Kong, Diana had to lose to 2nd seed Akgul Amanmuradova/Koo Chin Bee (UZB/MAS) 67(2) 26!

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 10th, 2003, 06:41 AM
Davis Cup Junior Asia Oceania and Indonesia Women's Circuit 1 will be held on April 28 until May 4, 2003 and both events are to be held at "Gelora Bung Karno" Tennis Center

Indonesia Women's Circuit 2 will be held on May 5-11, 2003 at "PORES Embong Sawo" Tennis Complex, Surabaya

Felix, it is sad indeed by having only 3 players for direct acceptance but that is the actual situation! There are 13 local players still in alternate list.

Amri, too bad that it is on the same week of your exam! I hope by that time, my work is less busier than now so that I can watch it! Keep my fingers cross!

Harju.
Apr 10th, 2003, 12:07 PM
Congrats Diana :D

:( Too bad to see that only 3 players are playing!! I htought it's gonna be like 10 or more.. lol.. Is it because the ranking are tool ow?

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 10th, 2003, 10:23 PM
In Mumbai 10K, Diana Julianto as expected lost to tall Akgul Amanmuradova (UZB/4) 16 26! Diana's best performance so far this year! Last year, she reached QF twice in Manila & Misore. I guess, she will be returning home and gets ready for 2 10Ks in Jakarta & Surabaya! Welcome home Diana - tour player without coach!

Harju.
Apr 11th, 2003, 12:55 PM
:D I hope she can find a coach..

She needs a coach if she want a better result :(

kj-
Apr 13th, 2003, 12:44 AM
Unbelievable!!!! :eek:

Martina Widjaja put Suzzana Anggarkusuma (39) as a Playing Captain!!! :eek:

Fed Cup Team :

Angelique Widjaja
Wynne Prakusya
Sandy Gumulya
Suzanna Anggarkusuma

I really don't like her now...! :fiery:

kfh_9118
Apr 13th, 2003, 02:29 AM
Suzanna :eek: :eek:

So unreasonable :fiery:

Steveg
Apr 13th, 2003, 04:54 AM
Unbelievable!!!! :eek:

Martina Widjaja put Suzzana Anggarkusuma (39) as a Playing Captain!!! :eek:

I really don't like her now...! :fiery:One day, Martina will include herself as Fed Cup player :p . Or maybe for the S.E.A. Games ;) .

Harju.
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:10 AM
One day, Martina will include herself as Fed Cup player :p . Or maybe for the S.E.A. Games ;) .
lmao

kj-
Apr 13th, 2003, 10:40 AM
One day, Martina will include herself as Fed Cup player :p . Or maybe for the S.E.A. Games ;) .
omg lol! :o

Harju.
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:27 AM
where's adjie :confused:

kj-
Apr 17th, 2003, 08:35 AM
I dunno!?! :confused:

I miss his great post! ;)

Harju.
Apr 17th, 2003, 03:45 PM
I dunno!?! :confused:

I miss his great post! ;)
me too ;)

Rising Sun
Apr 17th, 2003, 03:52 PM
His posts had a great combination of fact, opinion & humour. ;)

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 18th, 2003, 11:14 AM
Guys...I miss you all! I have been busy with my consulting work and I was staying in a hotel for the whole week and by the time I ended my day, I got so tired and I just had no appetite for internet! Time for zzz and snoring! LOL! I will be staying in a hotel again next week so I am not gonna be around...

Yesss, Amri sms-ed me the other day when Suzanna was announced to be PC! Suzanna was good back in the old days but only in Asian level and she has not been playing competitively for a long time! I doubt if she can play tough despite of her great body shape now...She used to be fat as tennis player! It is all because of Martina...Suzanna is loyal to Martina of clock!!! It is the real picture of how terrible Indonesian tennis is right now...We can only depend on Angie & Wynne and in certain extent Liza and Wukir should have been included...I just pray for Angie and Wynne to be in their best condition! Remember, several years ago, Wynne was the star in Fed Cup qualifying round in Auckland, NZ - she was undefeated!!! It is tougher this time since Fed Cup QR is also a qualifying for players to be eligible to play in Athens' Olympic!!! Good luck, Indonesia!!!

King Aaron
Apr 18th, 2003, 02:38 PM
Wynne's website says Diana Julianto is playing. :confused:

Harju.
Apr 19th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Diana was supposed to play however she declined!!

spyro
Apr 19th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Ayo pilih Angie atau Wynne di http://www.sanexheroes.net/us/

Harju.
Apr 21st, 2003, 08:19 AM
Indonesia def Chinese Taipei 2-0 :bounce:

Indonesia won their first match against Taipei :D I think it's gonna hard for Angie and Wynne since both of the mplayed all the matches!! :( :( I think they should put Suzana and Sandy for the last tie match that is not necessary anymore!! :(

Wynne Prakusya d. Chuang 6-3 6-2
Angie Widjaja d. Hsieh 6-0 6-4
Su Wei was leading 4-1 in the second however Angie managed to take the next 5 :) It's very ubusual since she usually chokes :o

kfh_9118
Apr 21st, 2003, 09:30 AM
:bounce: :bounce:

Nice win by both Wynne & Angie :D

lin
Apr 21st, 2003, 10:06 AM
Su Wei was leading 4-1 in the second however Angie managed to take the next 5 :) It's very ubusual since she usually chokes :o

Actually Su-Wei is usually a better choker than Angie :p .

kfh_9118
Apr 21st, 2003, 10:17 AM
Actually Su-Wei is usually a better choker than Angie :p .

Good luck to both girls tomorrow :) I hope Hsieh will return to WTA Tour soon. Lin, any sign that she will compete in RG qualifying?

lin
Apr 21st, 2003, 11:41 AM
Good luck to both girls tomorrow :) I hope Hsieh will return to WTA Tour soon. Lin, any sign that she will compete in RG qualifying?

No, she won't play RG qualifying as she isn't ranked high enough to get in. Plus she has other plan :wavey: .

Good luck to Indonesia team tomorrow :angel: .

Harju.
Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:05 AM
No, she won't play RG qualifying as she isn't ranked high enough to get in. Plus she has other plan :wavey: .

Good luck to Indonesia team tomorrow :angel: .
What plan does she have?

Harju.
Apr 22nd, 2003, 08:15 AM
Indonesia def. Kazakhstan 3-0
W.Prakusya(INA) def. M.Shpak(KAZ) 6-1,6-0
A.Widjaja(INA) def. K.Jarlkaganova(KAZ) 6-0,6-0
W.Prakusya/A.Widjaja def. M.Shpak/E.Yussupova(KAZ) 6-2,6-1

:bounce: Indonesia had an easy win today.. hopefully they can win and avoid Japan :)

Rising Sun
Apr 22nd, 2003, 12:22 PM
$10K Jakarta entries are now posted in the Challenger forum. :wavey:

BTW, I'm puzzled at the lousy Fed Cup decision-making regarding the Indonesian team the last couple of days.

Why on earth do they make Angie & Wynne play doubles when they've already sealed both ties? :rolleyes: :confused:

If you ask me, they're being overworked. Another example is last year when they used Angie & Wynne in an unnecessary tie against Korea. The Koreans were smart in purposely using a weak field to rest their top players, but as for the Indonesian team... They went on to lose in the play-offs. :rolleyes:

A message to whoever is making the decisions, give Angie & Wynne a deserved break when the doubles is a dead rubber. Let Sandy & Suzanna play instead!

kj-
Apr 22nd, 2003, 02:53 PM
$10K Jakarta entries are now posted in the Challenger forum. :wavey:

BTW, I'm puzzled at the lousy Fed Cup decision-making regarding the Indonesian team the last couple of days.

Why on earth do they make Angie & Wynne play doubles when they've already sealed both ties? :rolleyes: :confused:

If you ask me, they're being overworked. Another example is last year when they used Angie & Wynne in an unnecessary tie against Korea. The Koreans were smart in purposely using a weak field to rest their top players, but as for the Indonesian team... They went on to lose in the play-offs. :rolleyes:

A message to whoever is making the decisions, give Angie & Wynne a deserved break when the doubles is a dead rubber. Let Sandy & Suzanna play instead!
maybe, they're searching for first place... and maybe Suzanna can't play... :o

lin
Apr 22nd, 2003, 06:31 PM
What plan does she have?

She will play non-pro events: local high school competition(after Fed Cup) and world high school competition(start at May 27th). She doesn't want to play those events but her school's coaches asked her to play those...

kj-
Apr 23rd, 2003, 08:57 AM
She will play non-pro events: local high school competition(after Fed Cup) and world high school competition(start at May 27th). She doesn't want to play those events but her school's coaches asked her to play those...
too bad... :sad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 26th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Hi, guys! Miss u all!!! In the midst of my tight schedule, I could only read the newspaper to find out Indonesia's status in Tokyo over the week and finally, we managed to kick China out! Now, I am anxious to wait who is gonna be Indonesia's opponent in July and I hope, we can be the hosting country. Is it possible? Let us pray SARS will go away! It has been a while since we hosted - last time back in 1996 when we lost 2-3 to Switzerland. Yayuk Basuki was the playmaker when she defeated Hingis! Patty Schnyder was playing also! Indonesia lost in doubles when Yayuk partnered with Romana Tedjakusuma! It is time for Indonesia to host again and please, powerful Martina Widjaja - please use all your authority to make it happen!

Rising Sun
Apr 26th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Congrats to Indonesia. :)

It would be great if the play-off would be hosted in Indonesia. I can't believe Martina Hingis flew all the way last time mid-season! :eek:

BTW, too bad Adji you can't go to the tourney this week. :(

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 27th, 2003, 01:33 AM
Happy belated birthday, Sunu Wahyu Trijati!!! Sunu's b-day was yesterday also - he turned to be 16 yo. Sunu is number one junior player in Indonesia and he is in top 100s ITF ranking! Good luck Sunu, Sandy Purnomo & Anthony Tan in Davis Cup Junior which will begin tomorrow here in Jakarta! :wavey:

Based on the news, Indonesia had more wins over China in Asian Games but in Fed Cup - head to head btw China and Indonesia is now 5-1!!! So, yesterday Angie & Wynne created history for winning against China for the 1st time! :D

Head to head in Fed Cup btw China v Indonesia: 5-1

1983 - Switzerland - 2-1 for China
1985 - Nagoya, Japan - 2-1 for China
1998 - Samutpakarn, Thailand - 2-1 for China
2000 - Osaka, Japan - 2-0 for China
2002 - Guangzhou, China - 2-1 for China
2003 - Tokyo, Japan - 2 -1 for Indonesia

Angie's win lose record in Fed Cup: 9-3
The 3 losses from Barbara Schett (Austria), Zheng Jie (China) & Tamarine Tanasugarn (Thailand)

As far as I remember - since I was watching myself here in Jakarta - we have also hosted Argentina when we lost 2-3! Yayuk Basuki won against Gabriella Sabatini who made so many unforced errors during the match! Then we have also hosted Belgium when Appelmans & Van Roost still played and in 1997 we were also trashed 0-5 by Italy here in Jakarta!!! But a couple years before, we won over Italy 3-2 in Rome! Those were the days with Yayuk Basuki & Romana Tedjakusuma! And last time in 2001, we lost to Austria 1-3 in Vienna when Angie played for the 1st time in Fed Cup! So, if in July we get to play Austria again - for sure it is gonna be our turn to be the hosting country! I'd love to see Barbara Schett and Patricia Wartusch to play here in our hot and humid court in Jakarta! Or maybe Colombia, Argentina, Sweden - we'll see the draw next week! Bravo Indonesia!!! :bounce:

The reason why, Indonesia over the week kept fielding Wynne/Angie for dubs - it was the strategy to win as winner of pool 1B and it worked since Indonesia had more winning matches over Thailand and big thanks to Taiwan for winning over Thailand!

GoGoMaggie
Apr 27th, 2003, 02:21 AM
Congratulations the Indonesian team!!! Hope we (the Japanese) and you (the Indonesians) will both make it to the world group by winning our playoff ties!! I think we both have a great chance to make it happen as the countries which are likely to lose their first round ties seem weaker than us. Anyways, once again Congrats, Wynne, Angie!!!!
By the way, Wynne will you marry me??

kfh_9118
Apr 27th, 2003, 02:42 AM
:wavey: Adji

Thanks for the post, it's great as usual :)
I'm so happy Indonesia finally won over China yesterday. Wynne is a bit disappointed though to lose her single match and on her birthday :sad:

And I really thought that Indonesia was going to lose when Angie/Wynne was down 5-7 -0-3 in the double. Lucky that they can pull their games together and win it :)

Congrats Indonesia and also Japan. Especially for Japan, I think Japan has a very big chance to win the play-off and enter the WORLD GROUP :)

Harju.
Apr 27th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Congrats then Indonesia :) :)

But I do believe that we can get into the world group :)

NaF
Apr 29th, 2003, 02:49 AM
Hi everyone... :wavey:
may be some of you remember me from the FedCup thread... me wanna join here as indonesian tennis fans... :)

will there be the 2nd leg of junior tournament in June? i'll be at jkt at that time.. hopefully i can meet one of you there..? ;)

Nadia

kfh_9118
Apr 29th, 2003, 11:04 AM
:wavey: Nadia

Hope you still remember me, Henry :)

NaF
Apr 29th, 2003, 11:17 AM
:wavey: Nadia

Hope you still remember me, Henry :)
Sure Henry.... i remember you.. :)

do you go back to Indonesia on regular basis? have you ever watched the Australian Open?

kfh_9118
Apr 29th, 2003, 11:43 AM
Sure Henry.... i remember you.. :)

do you go back to Indonesia on regular basis? have you ever watched the Australian Open?

I haven't go back for about 2.5 years now :( Last time I planned to go back in April (early this month), but I cancelled it due to SARS issue :(
I have been to Australian Open 3 times, 2000, 2002, and 2003 How about you? You are the one lived in Sydney right?

rhz
Apr 29th, 2003, 11:59 PM
Hi! nice to see this thread and i haven't join in. by the way guys, do you feel that we should have that Jakarta/Surabaya tournament back? or should we just divide the money and held about 5 $10,000 tournaments. 2 $25,000 and 1 $50,000. what do you think??

Shine On Silver Moon
May 1st, 2003, 02:05 PM
Hi! nice to see this thread and i haven't join in. by the way guys, do you feel that we should have that Jakarta/Surabaya tournament back? or should we just divide the money and held about 5 $10,000 tournaments. 2 $25,000 and 1 $50,000. what do you think??

Nice to see you rhz and Nadia! Nadia, ru the one in Singapore now? You mentioned that 2nd leg of junior tournament in June - it is "Hemaviton Challenge" organized by Yayuk Basuki, isn't it? I hope, it will be on schedule! I am afraid that I am still gonna be very busy with business travels to Surabaya, Medan & Makassar until June...I'd love to be there, too and it would be fun to meeting you!

rhz - what do you mean by "we should have that Jakarta/Surabaya tournaments back"? You mean Danamon Open in Jakarta USD 140,000 and Surabaya Wismilak USD 110,000 or these 2 10Ks Jakarta and Surabaya? Next August, we will have 2 more 10Ks in Bandung & Jakarta again. IMO, we need to go through the process again - 4 of 10Ks are enough, then we need to have 2 with USD 25,000 and 1 with USD 50,000 or 75,000! That would be good for our condition with endless monetary crisis...8 of 10Ks in Indonesia, it would be perfect as India have more tourneys...Oh, well...all is in MW's hands! She has the power!

I heard that PELTI may have 50,000 tourney this year but they are still debating where to have it - Jakarta or Surabaya...I think, Tarakan in East Kalimantan is ready - they have brand new indoor tennis courts!

Harju.
May 1st, 2003, 02:16 PM
I agree with adjie :worship:

All are in the bitch hand :o :o

Hopefully shecould attract sponsors.. :D

kj-
May 1st, 2003, 02:22 PM
Hi Adjie nice to see you here!! :wavey:

Hi rhz and Nadia!!

Hi Felix!

IMO we should have a Tier IV/V tournament in Jakarta... :drool: and maybe plus a 10k tournament...

Btw, INDONESIA will meet GERMANY in WG Pay-Offs fed cup...

Steveg
May 2nd, 2003, 01:24 AM
For the $50K tournament in Indonesia, I heard the sponsor backed down. I did not hear of any new project :confused: .

NaF
May 2nd, 2003, 10:02 AM
Hi everyone..!!

yeah, INA will face Germany in home soil... i wonder if it's gonna be in Jakarta... cos if it is, i wanna watch!! hopefully i can meet some of you then??

Adji, yes i'm the one in Singapore.. i read about the Hemaviton challenge.. and it'll be so cool if i can watch it too... :) Please inform me about it later on, ok??

thanks..!! :D

Shine On Silver Moon
May 3rd, 2003, 03:05 AM
Junior Davis Cup team of Indonesia is qualified for world group in Essen, Germany which is scheduled to be in September! :wavey:

Our team is consisted of Sunu Wahyu Trijati, Anthony Tan & Sandy Purnomo and today in SF - Indonesia will play against Taiwan! 4 semi-finalists are automatically going to Essen as reps of Asia Oceania group.The other two nations are India and South Korea.

In group qualifying rounds, Indonesia won 3-0 against Hong Kong & 2-0 against New Zealand and yesterday in QF - Indonesia outclassed Uzbekistan 2-1!

It is nice to have Asian Games gold medalist - Yustedjo Tarik as their coach this time. Sunu, Anthony & Sandy must call him uncle Yustedjo then...Good luck, Indonesia today against the entourage of leader Chiang Kai Shek! :wavey:

Meanwhile, for next week - good luck to Junior Fed Cup team - Ayu Fani Damayanti, Joana Febri & Lavinia Tananta to compete in qualifying round of Asia Oceania in Kuala Lumpur, the land of aaron & Allison! Good to know that Ayu, Jojo, Vini have been warmed up a bit in this week's Jakarta 10K! Good experience for these young girls after all! Go, fight and win - the three gals from Bali, Bojonegoro & Semarang!!! :D

Shine On Silver Moon
May 3rd, 2003, 03:27 AM
Great to know that we are gonna host Germany for Fed Cup play-off in Jakarta! Based on the news - MW aka Mama War - PELTI will decide soon which court to be used on July 19-20...Possibilities are: rebound ace indoor stadium in Senayan but by opening its roof top (but I heard that due to lack of maintenance, its roof cannot be opened anymore! Indonesia is notorious in its incapability for maintaning things properly...such a waste! :o :o :o )...or Senayan clay court being covered by board to be plexi pave or hard court in Kemayoran Tennis Center! :confused:

According to Suzanna "grandma player" Anggarkusuma - she will consult with Angie & Wynne first in choosing courts...But for sure, she said that Angie does not like to play clay in Senayan as well as indoor...We'll see! I would love to see German players to play outside under hot and scorching sun in the month of July of our life...Based on the news - Wynne has won twice against Anca Barna in French Open and Canadian Open while lost to Weingartner in Sydney.

I really have to be there to cheer Angie & Wynne!!! It will be great if Nadia, Amri can come and join, too...We can sit together and be loud! hahaha...I am really looking forward to be situated in the atmosphere of Fed Cup match again...last time back in 1997 when we were trashed by Italy 0-5 in Senayan indoor stadium! It will be great honor and opportunity to watch our beloved players like Angie & Wynne with our own eyes... :bounce: :hearts: :eek: It is gonna be so real and so cool! Our emotions would be involved...I just really can't wait!!! Bravo, INDONESIA!!! Go for it, girls! I am so proud of you...Last but not least, let's pray for best health for Angie & Wynne until that moment after long and rigorous Europe tour! Worst come to worst, we may have to see Mama War partnered with Suzanna...LOL! :p :o

kj-
May 3rd, 2003, 11:50 AM
Yeah I would come too!!!! 19-20 July is my holiday time!! :bounce: we should bring big poster to cheer them!!! :bounce:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 3rd, 2003, 11:18 PM
Congrats, Indonesian Junior Davis Cup Team after knocked down Taiwan 2-1 in SF yesterday... :wavey:

Anthony Tan def. Lien Chia Chin 64 64
Sunu Wahyu Trijati def. Chang Huai En 64 61
Sandy Purnomo/Anthony Tan retired after 23 due to Anthony's nose problem...Gee, Anthony has big health problem!!! The other day his thigh and now his bloody nose! Do something with your body, Anthony or you will not be in good condition for final against South Korea! In other SF, South Korea downed India 2-1...Go, INDONESIA!!! :bounce:

Congrats to Sandy/Septi for being RU in the final of 10K yesterday. Not bad for the 1st time and duo SS received prize money of $ 350!!! While Chia Jung/Hsuan got $ 650!

In the meantime for Surabaya's 10K - wild cards are given to Septi Mende, Maya Rosa Stefanie & Dian Mayasari - the princess from Tulungagung, East Java! Good luck, girls - go, at least to 2nd round and for Maya repeat your QF again if possible! Maya, "Embong Sawo" is your home - so, play the best!

Shine On Silver Moon
May 4th, 2003, 01:28 AM
Since Junior Davis Cup event has been held in 1985 - Indonesia has been qualified into world group for 6 times - 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1995 & 1996. The best performance by Indonesia was in 1992 when Indonesia finished at 7th out of 16 countries and it was held in Spain. The last one was in 1996 and Indonesia finished at 14th out of 16 nations and it was held in Switzerland. So what a coincidence - after 7 years of waiting - Sunu, Anthony & Sandy are going there for the 7th times and maybe we will be finished at 7th again? 7 is lucky number? We will see!!! :wavey: :D :bounce:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 4th, 2003, 11:54 AM
Congratulations for being the winner of Asia Oceania zone for Junior Davis Cup!

Indonesia def. South Korea 2-0 in final!

Anthony Tan def. Kim A Ram 75 62
Sunu W Trijati def. Kim Hyun Joon 62 62
Doubles match was not played since Korean player was injured! :bounce: :wavey:

So, by being the winner, hopefully Indonesia will be seeded in Essen later in September.

PELTI plans to host both Asia Oceania qualifying round for Junior Davis Cup and Junior Fed Cup next year!

Again congrats to Sunu, Anthony, Sandy and coach, Yustedjo Tarik!!! :bounce:

Harju.
May 4th, 2003, 01:27 PM
Congrats Junior Davis :worship:

Hopefully the girls could do well :bounce: Go Ayu and Joana :bounce: Lavia reached second round of last week tourney, so this is a good result :D

BTW, i have my June break too.. maybe i could go to Jakarta :D :D and cheer for Angie :)

Shine On Silver Moon
May 7th, 2003, 10:24 AM
The other day, MW said for Fed Cup match btw INA and GER in July, it iwll be played in Senayan rebound ace indoor stadium. But today, I read in the newspaper that "Gelora Bung Karno" Management has decided to built a brand new plexi pave/hard court over the current clay stadium in Senayan! Wow!!! What a commitment! They promised to be finished by July 1st!!! Interesting! So, I guess GBK Management accomodated the players' wishes to play outdoor hard court! Well, good luck in building it and indeed MW is quite happy coz PELTI nonned to chip in any RUPIAHS at all!

kj-
May 7th, 2003, 12:56 PM
good for Indonesian tennis! ;)

NaF
May 7th, 2003, 02:18 PM
I thought Senayan already had harcourt complex....

does this mean we wouldn't have the gravel court anymore? will they cover every gravel court or just few of them???

anyway... i really wanna watch the play-off... even if it means i have to extend my stay in Jkt.. ;)

Shine On Silver Moon
May 8th, 2003, 05:10 AM
PELTI thanks to "Gelora Bung Karno" Management...GBKM decided to change Senayan clay court stadium to be plexi pave by July 1st! It is sad in a way since this clay stadium has been witnessing so many historical moments such as Davis Cup, Wukirasih defeated Tammy for gold medal in SEA Games 1997 etc...On the other, GBKM relizes that Jakarta needs to have more solid hard court...But though this pp court is finished on time for Fed Cup...I wonder if they also built pp court outside...So far, there are 14 clay courts outside and 8 rebound ace courts outside...They need to have pp court outside for practice! Good thing that GBKM is sensitive to the players' wishes to play on outdoor hard courts...Go Angie & Wynne...it will be tough for you two since you have to play singles and doubles for 2 days in July!!! :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 11th, 2003, 01:05 AM
First of all, Junior Fed Cup team - Ayu Fani Damayanti, Joana Febri Andriani and Lavinia Tananta only finished in the 6th place in its Asia Oceania qualifying round in KL, Malaysia! It is proven that these three players are still lacking of international competition. No doubt about their talents!

Complete results of Indonesia:

Lost 1-2 to Thailand
Won 2-1 against South Korea
Won 3-0 against Hong Kong

QF: lost 0-3 to better Japan and finally finished at 6th by defeating NZ 2-1!!!

MW is on the news again by gracefully forcing "Gelora Bung Karno" Management to change clay stadium to become plexi pave just for Fed Cup match against Germany on July 19-20. Several former national players such as Yayuk Basuki, Wailan Walalangi and Abdul Kahar MIM voiced their opinions by opposing the plan to demolish this historical clay stadium! Yup, this stadium has witnessed so many important events: Davis Cup matches when Indonesia went through world group of 16 nations in 1982 and 1988! And then when Indonesia did clean sweep by bagging 7 gold medals in 1987 SEA Games! Actually, "Gelora Bung Karno" tennis complex has different courts: clay/gravel, rebound ace and just few plexi pave. MW defends that the tennis fans are demanding to be played in Senayan instead of Kemayoran...I think it is rubbish! Indonesian tennis loves to have controversies...That's the dynamic of our tennis...Oh, well...for sure MW is tough cookie! :fiery: :devil:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 15th, 2003, 05:03 AM
Martina is happy despite of loud protests from Yayuk Basuki, Wailan Walalangi, Benny Mailili etc...So, clay stadium will be changed into pp court! MW said that it is good for long term development of junior players...We'll see...keep your iron hand, MW!!! :devil: :fiery:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 16th, 2003, 09:03 AM
World Junior Tennis 14 & under will be slated in Melbourne, Victoria - Australia from May 19-24, 2003 and this is qualifying round for Asia Oceania zone. The entrants are: Australia, China, Chinese Taipei, Hong Kong, India, INDONESIA, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Srilanka (boys only), Thailand & Uzbekistan. The world group matches will be held in the birth land of Martina Hingis in August for its 5th consecutive years!

Indonesian boys team: Agung Bagus Dewantoro (Magelang, Central Java), Fendi Gunawan (Bandung, West Java) & Christopher Rungkat (Jakarta) and coach is Alfred Raturandang.

Indonesian girls team: Mia Sacca (Yogyakarta), Lutfiana AB (Kudus, Central Java) & Vivien Silfany (Palembang, South Sumatera) and coach is former national player and sister of Angie's coach - Lucky Tedjamukti.

Good luck, Indonesian teams! :wavey: :cool:

Henry, I wonder if you are interested to watch!!! :D

Shine On Silver Moon
May 16th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Next month, we will have 2 junior tourneys - both only Grade 5!

Pangdam Siliwangi Cup in Bandung - June 17th until 22nd

Thamrin Cup in Jakarta - June 24th until 29th

I bet, lower ranked players like Denise Harijanto, Ayu Fani Damayanti and Joana Febri Andriani are playing in these two tourneys! Too bad, I will be on tours of Indonesia for my research! Oh, well...life goes on... :D :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 19th, 2003, 03:58 AM
Bank Internasional Indonesia/BII just launched Master Card BII MC2 or MC Square in Seminyak, Bali last night. From each card holder's annual fee, part of it goes to PELTI for funding its tennis development...How about BII sponsoring a major international tourney in Jakarta? Thanks BII! :cool: :wavey:

Harju.
May 19th, 2003, 06:06 AM
that's a great news, and I hope that MW will come up with more tourney :D

Shine On Silver Moon
May 19th, 2003, 08:50 AM
Dea Sumantri from Bandung is playing at NCAA Championship and is representing Washington State University...Tough draw fro her since she has to face seede player from Stanford...Good luck, sweetie!

You know, Dea used to be top junior player with Angie...She is older than Angie...Dea/Angie used to be the stars in ITF junior tourneys in Asia...They have won titles together...Unfortunately, she decided to study in USA...I say that since she could have been on the tour with Angie...but on the other hand, good for her that she gets good higher education and at the same time she plays on NCAA level...The bad side by playing NCAA, she cannot play WTA tours...I doubt that she would be on WTA tours later on since she had foot injury badly...She plays just for fun! Good luck, beautiful lady! :cool: ;) :kiss: :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 19th, 2003, 09:00 AM
Indonesian tennis fans abroad, I wonder if you are familiar with "Extra Joss"...it is an energy drink which is popular here...Well, I never drink it myself actually...Again, this year, "EJ" is doing it again to choose the most popular "Gen-Bi" or "Generasi Biang" or I would say it is like the best idol for categories of sport, music and I forgot the other one (Amri, can u help me?)...coz I do care only for sport!!! ;)

So, this year for sport, "EJ" has nominated a bunch of athletes and tennis is really privileged to have Angie & Wynne being nominated...Go, A & W!!! :D :cool: :wavey: :bounce:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 20th, 2003, 03:17 AM
Idris MIM, father of former national player Abdul Kahar MIM - passed away last Sunday at 12.30 in Makassar, South Sulawesi. Idris was the only tennis coach out of Java who managed to produce national player like his own son. He was very quiet and discipline man. Abdul Kahar MIM was one of the team members of Indonesian Davis Cup in 1988 in which they made historical achievement by entering world group but eventually Indonesia lost to Boris Becker and his mates in Germany. In every match, both in Jakarta and Germany, Idris was very quiet and he just kept on praying for his son from the side of the court. Until his last day of his life, he was the official coach of South Sulawesi team for "National Sports Week" in 2004. God bless you! :sad: :angel:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 20th, 2003, 03:27 AM
Dea Sumantri (Washington) def. seeded player, Alice Barnes (Stanford) 76 63

Congrats, sweet Dea! Keep going!!! :cool: :kiss: :bounce:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 21st, 2003, 03:57 AM
1st round:
Peter Handoyo (INA) def. (1) Yen Hsun Lu (TPE) 64 36 61 :eek:
(LL) Suwandi (INA) def. Oh Hee Kwon (KOR) 76(6) 61

(2) Peter/Suwandi def. Woong Sun Jun/Sang Hon Lee (KOR) wo

2nd round:
Go Soeda (JPN) def. Peter Handoyo 64 36 64 :(
Sung Ho Im (KOR) def. (LL) Suwandi 62 62 :(

(2) Peter/Suwandi def. Robert Haybittel/Aaron Talanico (AUS/USA) wo

kj-
May 21st, 2003, 07:59 AM
Indonesian tennis fans abroad, I wonder if you are familiar with "Extra Joss"...it is an energy drink which is popular here...Well, I never drink it myself actually...Again, this year, "EJ" is doing it again to choose the most popular "Gen-Bi" or "Generasi Biang" or I would say it is like the best idol for categories of sport, music and I forgot the other one (Amri, can u help me?)...coz I do care only for sport!!! ;)

So, this year for sport, "EJ" has nominated a bunch of athletes and tennis is really privileged to have Angie & Wynne being nominated...Go, A & W!!! :D :cool: :wavey: :bounce:
lol! :p

i don't know actually! :p

kj-
May 21st, 2003, 08:01 AM
1st round:
Peter Handoyo (INA) def. (1) Yen Hsun Lu (TPE) 64 36 61 :eek:
(LL) Suwandi (INA) def. Oh Hee Kwon (KOR) 76(6) 61

(2) Peter/Suwandi def. Woong Sun Jun/Sang Hon Lee (KOR) wo

2nd round:
Go Soeda (JPN) def. Peter Handoyo 64 36 64 :(
Sung Ho Im (KOR) def. (LL) Suwandi 62 62 :(

(2) Peter/Suwandi def. Robert Haybittel/Aaron Talanico (AUS/USA) wo
Djie, is peter ranked higher than suwandi?

Harju.
May 21st, 2003, 12:06 PM
Peter and Suwandi won their double matches by w/o two times consecutively :eek: :o

Too bad for Perter and Suwandi :mad: Especially Peter after beating the first seed :o

kj-
May 21st, 2003, 04:16 PM
Wynne made 2nd round qualifying! :bounce: she bt. Samantha Stosur Of Oz 63 63

Shine On Silver Moon
May 22nd, 2003, 08:54 AM
Amri, "off clock" Peter is ranked higher than Suwandi!!! Our men's players are so erratic...It answers why no one in top 200!!! :o :p

Shine On Silver Moon
May 22nd, 2003, 01:21 PM
As I have informed earlier that Senayan clay stadium is now changing one of its two clay courts (court 1 & 2) as PLEXI PAVE for Fed Cup play off btw INA v GER on July 19-20...It is gonna be interesting when it is finished...The one and only in the world...at a tennis stadium, you have 2 different courts!!! PP and Clay... :o :eek: I bet, when FC PO is being held, MW will ask her slaves to cover the other court so that she can sit on her own sofa and cheer!!! :rolleyes: :p And they are considering to have entertainment...they are confused to have "Drilling Queen" not "Dancing Queen"...Inul Daratista or "petit" Yuni Shara, older sis of Kris Dayanti!!! As for me, I wanna see MW does "drilling" dance!!! She will be handy for our national oil company, PERTAMINA - since Indonesia will be net oil importer by next year!!! Go, drill "black gold" off shore!!! :p

Shine On Silver Moon
May 22nd, 2003, 01:49 PM
As of May 19th, 2003:
546 - Peter Handoyo
* Peter is in danger...He declared that if by end of this year he could not reach top 300s, then he will say goodbye to tennis!!! He'll finish his study at Uni in USA then he'll do biz at his hometown - Surabaya!!! :wavey:

765 - Febi Widhianto - slowly improving :D
847 - Suwandi - it is time 4 him to retire? :confused:
916 - Prima Simpatiaji - poor guy, he has no sponsor! :sad:
977 - Hendri Susilo Pramono - not much progress on him :(

kj-
May 22nd, 2003, 02:06 PM
Amri, "off clock" Peter is ranked higher than Suwandi!!! Our men's players are so erratic...It answers why no one in top 200!!! :o :p
:o

kj-
May 22nd, 2003, 02:13 PM
As I have informed earlier that Senayan clay stadium is now changing one of its two clay courts (court 1 & 2) as PLEXI PAVE for Fed Cup play off btw INA v GER on July 19-20...It is gonna be interesting when it is finished...The one and only in the world...at a tennis stadium, you have 2 different courts!!! PP and Clay... :o :eek: I bet, when FC PO is being held, MW will ask her slaves to cover the other court so that she can sit on her own sofa and cheer!!! :rolleyes: :p And they are considering to have entertainment...they are confused to have "Drilling Queen" not "Dancing Queen"...Inul Daratista or "petit" Yuni Shara, older sis of Kris Dayanti!!! As for me, I wanna see MW does "drilling" dance!!! She will be handy for our national oil company, PERTAMINA - since Indonesia will be net oil importer by next year!!! Go, drill "black gold" off shore!!! :p
:eek: Yuni Shara..?!?

why oh why... :sad: their taste ar so bad! :p
i prefer T-Five fellow Bandungnese as Angie is... ;)

And why they have to getting confused with it?!? it's okay if there is no performer at all!!!

Adji will there be some seat for supporter?

Shine On Silver Moon
May 22nd, 2003, 09:27 PM
Amri, definitely they will have seats for supporters or spectators...Have you ever been inside this historical stadium? Or, would you like to sit next to MW? LOL! :rolleyes: :p

UR correct, they have such bad taste! :(

Harju.
May 23rd, 2003, 06:48 AM
Great to know that Inul is performing.. cause there has been a lot of talk bout ther and I haven't seen her doing her "NGEBOR" stuff

Shine On Silver Moon
May 24th, 2003, 10:29 PM
From Korea Futures 4:

Doubles' SF: (2) Peter Handoyo/Suwandi lost to Thai twin, Sanchai & Sonchat Ratiwatana 46 67(6) :o :( Not surprising knowing both players' physical fitness! OK, next time better P & S! :D

Shine On Silver Moon
May 24th, 2003, 10:44 PM
From Asia Oceania Regional qualifying event for 14 & under teams in Melbourne, Australia:

BOYS:

Group 1: Japan, Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong
Group 2: India, Korea, Philippines, Malaysia
Group 3: Chinese Taipei, Indonesia, Srilanka, Thailand

Indonesia def. Chinese Taipei 3-0

Fendy Gunawan d Hao Hsiang Liao 60 64
Agung Bagus Dewantoro d Hsu Chun Huang 64 61
Fendy Gunawan/Christopher Rungkat d Hao Hsiang Liao/Hisien Yin Peng 62 76(6)

Thailand def. Indonesia 2-1

Peerapach Tupwong d Fendy Gunawan 64 76(1)
Agung Bagus Dewantoro d Perakiat Sirilvethaiwattana 76(5) 62
P Tupwong/Khunpol Issara d Fendy G/Christopher R 36 63 63

Indonesia def. Srilanka 3-0

Fendy G d Chavi Talagala 61 62
Agung BD d Kohulan Ravindrakumar 60 61
Agung BD/Christopher R d C Talagala/Rukmla Cooray 75 60

QF: Indonesia def. India 2-1

Agung BD d Agnel Gladwin 61 61 (but Agnel glad to lose) :p
Fendy G d Avnar Jain 63 75
A Jain/Mesheer Vaswani d Agung BD/Christopher ret (Agung has muscle strained)

SF: Japan def. Indonesia 3-0

Munetoshi Kumagai d Fendy G 64 63
Fumiaki Kita d Agung BD 63 63
Fumiaki Kita/Munetoshi Kumagai d Fendy G/Christopher R 64 63

Congrats, Indonesia to advance to world group in August together with Japan, Australia and Philippines! :) And today, Indonesia will play versus PHI for 3rd and 4th place! :D

Poor boys, due to cold weather in Melbourne - their hands were soaked in hot water!!! Brrrr... :o

Shine On Silver Moon
May 24th, 2003, 11:01 PM
Sames as above, from Asia Oceania Regional qualifying for 14 & under team events in te city of Henry aka melbourne, Australia:

GIRLS:

Group 1: Chinese Taipei, New Zealand, Malaysia
Group 2: Thailand, Indonesia, India, Hong Kong
Group 3: Japan, Australia, Korea, Philippines

Thailand def. Indonesia 2-1

Varatchaya Wongteanchai d Lutifiana Aris Budhiarto 61 64
Mia Sacca Panji Rindang Kasih (what a name! :eek: ) d Ratchaya Chaichan 63 61
Wongteanchai/Uthumporn Pudtra d Rindang Kasih/Vivien Silfany 67(5) 63 63

India def. Indonesia 2-0

Shweta Kakhandkli d Lutfiana AB 64 76(1)
Ashmitha Easwaramuvthiv d Mia Sacca PRK (not People's Republic of Korea, right? LOL) 63 63

Indonesia def. Hong Kong 3-0

Vivien Silfany d Geraldine Leong 75 62
Lutfiana AB d Venise Chan 64 62
Mia Sacca PRK/Vivien S d Leong/Chan 62 63

QF: New Zealand def. Indonesia

Lutfiana AB d Brittany Teei 46 76(4) 63
Ellen Barry d Mia Sacca PRK 64 62
Teei/Barry d Mia Sacca PRK/Vivien S 64 62

So, Indonesia would play Malaysia for 5-8 places! Based on my overall observation from several junior tournaments and national selection which I had the privilege to watch myself, all our players - both boys and girls are lacking of playing aboard. So, classic! For the girls, Lutfiana has many things to improve...She reminds me of Romana - small girl but she basically only returns the ball...Mia Sacca and Vivien Silfany are better but they need to play tougher matches...Mia is now being coached by Yayuk Basuki! She is very potential among these three girls...For the boys, they are all good players...Fendy & Chris are coming from well-to-do families while Bagus must have sponsor if he wants to progress further. Bagus is very talented but lack of financial support...another classic condition! Anyhow, good luck for the boys in world group! :bounce:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 24th, 2003, 11:13 PM
Sorry, I forgot to type the score between NZL v INA, it was 2-1 obviously for NZL! :o

This time, junior boys are faring better than junior girls! Davis Cup Junior team advanced to Essen for world group and now this 14 & under team is also advanced to WG! Girls are not doing well! It is the fact that there is a wide gap after Angie's departure to senior level. We have only Sandy, Septi and Maya in 16 yo group and then 14 yo - there are Ayu FD, Denise Harijanto, Lavinia Tananta & Joana Febri...That's all, folks! Multi dimension crisis has generated crisis in every field including sport such tennis! Wake up, Indonesian tennis!!! :worship:

kj-
May 25th, 2003, 07:48 AM
Amri, definitely they will have seats for supporters or spectators...Have you ever been inside this historical stadium? Or, would you like to sit next to MW? LOL! :rolleyes: :p

UR correct, they have such bad taste! :(
It's in stadium?? :confused:

is it the same with Hemaviton's complex? :confused:

yeah I want to sit next to MW! :fiery: :devil:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 25th, 2003, 09:19 AM
Amri, yup it is in the same complex when we watched "Hemaviton Challenge" but those were outdoor courts, you know...Those were courts # 11, 12, 13 & 14! The stadium is outdoor indeed and its shape is like our National Monument's lower part with 5,000 seats I believe...Um sure, they are gonna charge us...Remember, when they had exhibition match between Angie v Wynne in Rasuna Sports Club? It was pack of people!!! So, this time, I believe it will be full of people again since local tennis fans have not seen their (Angie & Wynne) acts for a long time! :wavey:

kj-
May 26th, 2003, 05:13 AM
okay! see you there! :wavey:

NaF
May 28th, 2003, 04:03 AM
Hey ppl...
so long i haven't written to this thread.. i'm in Jkt already now, and not much access to internet unfortunately..
too bad that Angie and Wynne lost very early... they have such bad draw!! :angry:

Amri.. any matches around Jkt that we can watch?

kj-
May 28th, 2003, 05:13 AM
Hey ppl...
so long i haven't written to this thread.. i'm in Jkt already now, and not much access to internet unfortunately..
too bad that Angie and Wynne lost very early... they have such bad draw!! :angry:

Amri.. any matches around Jkt that we can watch?
yeah...

Amri vs. Coach! :p

hehehe... I don't think so... :o

Shine On Silver Moon
May 30th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Pangdam Siliwangi Cup ITF Junior Tournament (Grade 4) from June 15-22, 2003 in Bandung

Thamrin Cup ITF Junior Tournament (Grade 5) from June 23-29 in Jakarta

So, Nadia...you may be able to see the one in Jakarta...I think, I will go when I am not busy! :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 30th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Yup, new plexi pave court is under construction now at Gelora Bung Karno stadium...So, I guess when we watch Fed Cup match btw INA v GER, it will not be weird court as they have planned to change one of the courts...In fact, I heard that they eventually cover both clay courts and they replace them with just one plexi pave court...So, it will become a center court!!! :eek: :wavey:

kj-
May 30th, 2003, 12:08 PM
Yup, new plexi pave court is under construction now at Gelora Bung Karno stadium...So, I guess when we watch Fed Cup match btw INA v GER, it will not be weird court as they have planned to change one of the courts...In fact, I heard that they eventually cover both clay courts and they replace them with just one plexi pave court...So, it will become a center court!!! :eek: :wavey:
From where you've got the information, Dji!? I'm curious...

Shine On Silver Moon
May 30th, 2003, 12:49 PM
I got the info from the weekly sport tabloid of "Republika"..."Republika" has been good in covering tennis news, I think...daily, they have tennis news...They beat "Kompas" for sure!!! :wavey: Go, "Republika"! :cool:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 30th, 2003, 01:10 PM
544 (546) Peter Handoyo
760 (765) Febi Widhianto
836 (847) Suwandi
905 (916) Prima Simpatiaji
964 (977) Hendri Susilo Pramono

All went up...even for Prima who has not been on tours for so long!!! :wavey:

kj-
May 30th, 2003, 01:37 PM
I got the info from the weekly sport tabloid of "Republika"..."Republika" has been good in covering tennis news, I think...daily, they have tennis news...They beat "Kompas" for sure!!! :wavey: Go, "Republika"! :cool:
pfff... I prefer Kompas for everything! :p

rhz
May 31st, 2003, 01:57 AM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/wash/sports/w-tennis/auto_headshot/Sumantri.jpg

from U of Washington website

kj-
May 31st, 2003, 03:30 AM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/wash/sports/w-tennis/auto_headshot/Sumantri.jpg

from U of Washington website
:sad: Will she play for Indonesia someday? :sad:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 31st, 2003, 09:50 AM
OMG... :eek: She looks great!!! :drool: Thks Rinto! :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
May 31st, 2003, 09:57 AM
Tennis columnist Benny Mailili gave funny comments regarding Angie's opponents...Last Monday, when I was in the car and I was listening to BBC news when they interviewed uncle Benny about Angie's prospect at RG...Uncle Benny said that Angie is an erratic player in which I agree...But he mentioned that Catalina Castano is top 50s' player... :confused: He said nothing new about Angie's habit to defeat players with higher ranking...Then he mentioned that Cara Black's ability is lower than Angie... :confused: He said that Cara's ranking is in the 80s... :confused: Obviously uncle Benny does not know the details in WTA ranking and who's who is in it...As far as I know, he only knows elite players...IMO, Cara is an experienced player than Angie...Maybe they are in the same level...Oh, well...so much for our tennis columnist! :( :o

kj-
May 31st, 2003, 10:41 AM
Tennis columnist Benny Mailili gave funny comments regarding Angie's opponents...Last Monday, when I was in the car and I was listening to BBC news when they interviewed uncle Benny about Angie's prospect at RG...Uncle Benny said that Angie is an erratic player in which I agree...But he mentioned that Catalina Castano is top 50s' player... :confused: He said nothing new about Angie's habit to defeat players with higher ranking...Then he mentioned that Cara Black's ability is lower than Angie... :confused: He said that Cara's ranking is in the 80s... :confused: Obviously uncle Benny does not know the details in WTA ranking and who's who is in it...As far as I know, he only knows elite players...IMO, Cara is an experienced player than Angie...Maybe they are in the same level...Oh, well...so much for our tennis columnist! :( :o
:o what a shame...

kj-
Jun 2nd, 2003, 12:45 PM
damn.. :sad: there is no Indonesian in the Junior RG draw... :sad:

Harju.
Jun 3rd, 2003, 06:37 AM
yeah.. i'm surprised..

where's sandy and septi

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 4th, 2003, 01:46 PM
No, Sandy, Maya or Septi at RG...It is not surprising...their rankings are out of top 100s...

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 4th, 2003, 01:54 PM
I saw Liza Andriyani is listed in MD of 25K in Seoul, Korea...Is she really? :eek: While Diana Julianto is in quali list... :D

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 5th, 2003, 10:48 AM
Liza has lost to Mi Ra Jeon (seeded 1) 06 46 in the 1st round :eek: :o :(

Diana lost in 2nd round qualifying... :( :sad:

Liza/Diana in dubs lost to Wilawan Choptang/Utako Suzuki (THA/JPN) 16 16 in 1st round :eek: :o :(

But, it is nice to see Liza back in the tour after she withdrew from 25K in Vietnam last April...Keep touring, Liza!!! :D :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 7th, 2003, 04:25 PM
Yayuk Basuki's mother passed away tonight... :sad: :sad: :sad:

I watched her tonight on TV when she was the commentator for final of French Open...My pray for Yayuk and her family...She must have strong faith in facing this difficult moment...Amen... :angel:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 11th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Qualifying round:

1R - (4) Hendri Susilo Pramono (INA) d Vikramaditya Menon (IND) 62 61
2R - Hendri SP d Devinder Singh B 64 60
FQ - Hendri SP lost to (13) D Kiernan (GBR) 57 06

Hendri...almost...keep going!!! :( :mad: :wavey:

Main draw:

1R: Febi Widhianto (INA/760) lost to Rohan Gajjar (IND/926) 46 62 16
Prima Simpatiaji (INA/905) d (8) Eliran Dooyev (ISR/701) 62 63

2R: Prima Simpatiaji d Sonchat Ratiwatana (THA/767) 61 36 63
QF: Prima Simpatiaji d Mustafa Ghouse (IND/899) 76 (4) 61
SF: Prima Simpatiaji d Rohan Gajjar (IND/926) 76(4) 61
Final: Prima lost to (Q) Daniel Kirnan (GBR/1345) 57 67(4) :eek: :(

Prima...almost to be champion! Not bad after a long time not playing ATP Tour...Next time better, big serve guy! :cool: :wavey:

Doubles - MD:

1R - Hendri SP/Febi W d K Kannan/V Sridhave 62b 57 61
QF: Hendri/Febi d (4) Sanchai R/Sonchat R 64 67(4) 64 - Good revenge, Hendri/Febi! :bounce:
SF: Hendri/Febi lost to D Kiernan/A Ramaswami 26 75 16 - Almsot, too! Come on, guys! :( :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 12th, 2003, 04:26 AM
Prima Simpatiaji got special exempt and he is to meet Rohan Gajjar again in 1st round...Beat him again, Prima! :cool:

Meanwhile, Febi Widhianto won his 1st round against Manoj Mahadevan (IND) 62 62 - Better than last week! :bounce:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 12th, 2003, 04:28 AM
Liza Andriyani and Diana Julianto are listed in MD! Good luck, girls after 1st round lost for both of them in this week's 10K in Seoul... :cool: :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 12th, 2003, 05:51 AM
After 1st round loss at 10K in Seoul for both Liza and Diana...They managed to reach SF this week! Not bad! Better than last week at 25K when they lost in 1sr round...In 1st round this week, Liza/Diana defeated seeded 3 - duo Uzbekistan, Akgul Amanmuradova/Ivanna Isroilova 67(1) 62 75!!! Then in 2nd round, they got lucky since they won by walk over local pair, Su Jin Kim/Sun Young Kim and in SF they will have very very tough match against seeded 2, Taiwanese pair - Chin Wei Chan/Chia Jung Chuang...Good luck, LA/DJ!!! :) :wavey:

Harju.
Jun 12th, 2003, 11:54 AM
good luck liza and diana

glad to know that liza is still playing in overseas

Harju.
Jun 12th, 2003, 11:59 AM
btw, i think adjie forgot to mention this

sandy gulmuya, septi mende, maya rosa and ayu dahmayanti will be playing in itf darwin grade 4.. maya, sandy and ayu are seeded 1 2 and 3 respectively

bravo girls

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 13th, 2003, 12:21 AM
btw, i think adjie forgot to mention this

sandy gulmuya, septi mende, maya rosa and ayu dahmayanti will be playing in itf darwin grade 4.. maya, sandy and ayu are seeded 1 2 and 3 respectively

bravo girls

I did not forget but since this tourney would take place in early July, so I did not have the intention yet to post it here! BTW, I bet you meant that Septi is seeded 3 instead of Ayu...Ayu's ITF ranking is in the 300s as far as I know! As I have commented in different thread, I just do not understand why Maya, Sandy & Septi are still playing such low junior tournament...Maybe because their ranking is slipping now...They are better off to play at least grade 3, IMO! By being seeded, these 3 girls must reach semi finals and final! Good luck, you all!

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 13th, 2003, 04:16 AM
Singles:

1st round:
(SE) Prima Simpatiaji (INA) d Rohan Gajjar (IND) 62 76(2)

2nd round:
Febi Widhianto (INA) d (5) Tomer Suissa (ISR) 46 64 62
Prima Simpatiaji (INA) lost to (6) Vinod Shridar (IND) 63 16 36

Bad lost, Prima...you are still erratic and inconsistent! :sad:

Good luck, Febi in QF! :bounce:

Doubles:

1st round:
Hendri Susilo Pramono/Febi Widhianto (INA) d (Q) Ashutosh Singh/Amod Wakalkar (IND) 46 63 63

QF:
Hendri/Febi lost to (3) Vijay Kannan/Saurav Panja (IND) 67(4) 64 36

Bad lost, too for Hendri/Febi! :( :sad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 13th, 2003, 04:18 AM
Expected result from Liza Andriyani/Diana Julianto...In SF, they lost to (2) Chin Wei Chan/Chia Jung Chuang (TPE) 16 16 :sad:

Next time better, in Incheon! :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 13th, 2003, 04:29 AM
ITF sanctioned tournament for juniors, "Pangdam Siliwangi Cup" - Grade 4 will be held in Bandung from June 15-22, 2003. There are 157 players hailed from India, Malaysia, Thailand, Ukraine, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam, Australia, Chinese Taipei and Indonesia. The venues are Taman Maluku tennis complex and Siliwangi tennis complex.

For boys, Indonesia are represented by several players and they are: Elbert Sie, a Bandung native (371) as seeded 1, 2 members of Junior Davis Cup - Sandy Purnomo (692) & Anthony Tan (692) and then Suzanna's son - Ayrton Wibowo (477), the twins - Imanuel Prakoso (420) & Imanuel Prabowo (962), cool dude Jonathan Amdanu (573) and funky Tio Lana Putra (698) and these players are all in MD. Top player, Sunu Wahyu Trijati (99) is currently in 5 weeks tour in Europe.

Meanwhile, 2 members of World Junior Tennis team - local player from Bandung, Fendi Gunawan and Christopher Rungkat may get WCs. Too bad, talented player Agung Bagus Dewantoro cannot play since he is having final examination in Semarang.

For girls, Indonesia has a group of players in MD and they are: Maya Rosa Stefanie (93), Sandy Gumulya (122), Septi Mende (154), Denise Harijanto (257), Ayu Fani Damayanti (285), Febri Joana Andriani (376), Lavinia Tananta (405), Nancy Metriya (462), Golda Rubina (679), Devina Saedi (791), Gina Fahaiyena (1150), Natalia Indah (1150) and Monica Seles (1150).

I wonder why, our princess of Tulungagung, Dian Mayasari is not playing here... :confused:

Rising Sun
Jun 13th, 2003, 04:34 AM
ITF Darwin is actually a Grade 3. :)

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 13th, 2003, 04:48 AM
ITF Darwin is actually a Grade 3. :)

Thanks for the correctiom, danker...I feel better then...Godd luck, Maya, Sandy, Septi and Ayu...But why this tourney does not attract good players from other countries? :confused:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 13th, 2003, 06:03 AM
I just read from ITF webiste that 2 top boys' players from Netherlands are bearing Indonesian names...They are: Romano Tatuhey and Jesse Hutagalung (in ITF website it is written Huta Galung)...Tatuhey is Moluccan name...as you all know, many Moluccan people are moved to the land of Verkerk...ouch! While Hutagalung is a Batak family name...

Romano Tatuhey - # 1 junior player in Netherlands, born May 19, 1985

Single: ranked 38, Dubs: ranked 20

He won Fischer Junior Open der Stadt Wels in Austria (August 2002) by defeating Hutagalung 64 64

Jesse Hutagalung, born in Haarlem on October 6, 1985 and he is 185 cm and 80 kg - right handed, began tennis at 5 yo - Singles' ranking: 66, Dubs' ranking: 8

Both Romano and Jesse at this year RG Junior finished in round 64 for singles and round 32 for dubs...

I wish them well for their tennis career...It would be great to watch Indonesian descendants to be in ATP Tour! Go, jongens...!!! Jong Ambon and Jong Batak!!! :p :) :wavey:

NaF
Jun 13th, 2003, 09:29 AM
Good to hear that many Indonesian junior players are competing in ITF tournaments... good luck to all of them, and especially for the Immanuel twins since i know them in person ;)

Anyone interested in watching the Junior Master Tournament in Senayan 13-19 July 2003?

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 13th, 2003, 09:43 AM
Good to hear that many Indonesian junior players are competing in ITF tournaments... good luck to all of them, and especially for the Immanuel twins since i know them in person ;)

Anyone interested in watching the Junior Master Tournament in Senayan 13-19 July 2003?

Kewl, you know the Imanuels...This is their 'sayonara' year as junior players...Aren't you gonna watch Thamrin Cup ITF Junior Tournament Grade 5? It will be held from June 22-29, 2003 after Pangdam in Bandung...I am not sure where the venue is...maybe Hilton Executive Club or Kemayoran Tennis Center...Junior Master...you mean second leg of Hemaviton Challenge? If I am not busy, I will go for sure...I hope, to see you there and Fed Cup play off, too? :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 13th, 2003, 10:05 AM
From 25K in Chandigarh, India...

QF: Febi Widhianto d (Q) Takeshi Ito (JPN) 16 76(4) 76(5) :bounce: Yay!!!

In SF today, Febi will meet (3) Vijay Kannan (IND/601)...Tough match, Febi...all the best! :wavey:

But why Hendri Susilo Pramono always get stuck in final of qualifying?

1st round Q: (6) Hendri SP d Ranjeet V Murugesan (IND) 64 16 75

2nd round Q: Hendri SP d Brian Hung (HKG) 76(4) 75

Final Q: Hendri lost to (10) Dong Wee Choi (KOR) 46 63 67(5) :( :mad:

Never give up and have a breakthrough soon by getting into MD! :cool:

Harju.
Jun 13th, 2003, 01:59 PM
Good Luck Febi :hearts:

Too bad for Prima and Hendri

BTW, Adjie, why didn't Wukir play at Seoul

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 13th, 2003, 02:18 PM
Lix Fe...I have talked with her back at Cigna Open and she said that she is not putting her tennis as top priority anymore...She plays just for fun...I will see Wukir in 2 weeks, I hope...U know, I am still busy...I communicated with her last time on the final day of RG... :wavey:

Harju.
Jun 14th, 2003, 07:31 AM
:wavey: thanks adjie.. too bad for her.. she's such a great player ;) Hope she'll change her mind and start touring.. liza and wukir are a great team no doubt ;)

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 14th, 2003, 08:52 AM
Semi Final: Febi Widhianto eventually lost to (3) Vijay Kannan (IND0 46 46 :( :mad:

At least better than last week...Good luck, next week! :wavey:

NaF
Jun 15th, 2003, 01:50 AM
Kewl, you know the Imanuels...This is their 'sayonara' year as junior players...Aren't you gonna watch Thamrin Cup ITF Junior Tournament Grade 5? It will be held from June 22-29, 2003 after Pangdam in Bandung...I am not sure where the venue is...maybe Hilton Executive Club or Kemayoran Tennis Center...Junior Master...you mean second leg of Hemaviton Challenge? If I am not busy, I will go for sure...I hope, to see you there and Fed Cup play off, too? :wavey:
is the Junior master the 2nd leg of Hemaviton Challenge? I don't know that..
Insya Allah i'll watch the Thamrin Cup if i have the chance.. hopefully it'll be at Hilton coz it won't be too far from home :)

Ok c u then!

Rising Sun
Jun 15th, 2003, 03:33 PM
It will be held at Hilton Executive. :wavey:

Are the facilities there good? :confused:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 16th, 2003, 05:17 AM
It will be held at Hilton Executive. :wavey:

Are the facilities there good? :confused:

danker, indeed there it is quite good...It is 5 stars hotel...right in the heart of Jakarta...But IMO, it is not as good as before...now, it is still okay...decent I would say...We used to have Astra International Junior Tournament there...This year, we had Cigna Open here - a local open tourney...Once we had 50K here when Romana Tedjakusuma was the runner-up...Angie does practice here when she is in town...So, it is just common to have it here...nothing special... :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 16th, 2003, 05:36 AM
Leg 3 of 25K in Delhi, India - June 16-21, 2003 (hard court):

1st round Q:
Hendri Susilo Pramono got bye
Yohan Samawi d Kripakar Mahalingam (IND) 63 62 - I don't know at all about Yohan Samawi... :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused: But good to see another Indonesian player here! :bounce:

2nd round Q:
Hendri Susilo Pramono d Siddharth Gulati (IND) 64 62
Yohan Samawi lost to Sanchai Ratiwatana (THA) 36 16 :( Next time better, YS! :wavey:

Final Q: Hendri S Pramono v Moti Maaravi (ISR) - to be played today, good luck Hendri...have a breakthrough to get into MD! Don't get stuck in final round Q all the time!!! :) :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 16th, 2003, 06:53 AM
Blitar Open/8th Agung Cup - Blitar, East Java - TPM of 50 million rupiahs! June 9-15, 2003

Men's singles:
Edy Kusdaryanto d Yusmawan Fahmi 63 67(5) 64

Women's singles:
Septi Mende d Ayu Fani Damayanti 63 75

Men's doubles:
Eko Kurniawan/Nesa Artha d Yusmawan Fahmi/Imanuel Prabowo 63 75

Women's doubles:
Septi Mende/Maya Rosa Stefanie d Dian Anggraini/Mudarwati 61 76(2)

Congrats, Septi for being double champion!!! :wavey:

Wow, Edy still played good... :eek: :wavey:

Harju.
Jun 16th, 2003, 12:31 PM
:eek: Congrats Ayu for reaching the final :worship: how is she? 14 or 15?

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 20th, 2003, 09:58 AM
:eek: Congrats Ayu for reaching the final :worship: how is she? 14 or 15?

Ayu is 15 years old and she is native Balinese...She will be representing Bali for "Pekan Olahraga Nasional" in Palembang next year!!! :cool: :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 20th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Boys - Singles/1 st round:
(1) Elbert Sie d Andre P Wikanta 60 60
Faisal Aidil d Daika Tanaka (JPN) 60 62
Neils Kusumahadi d Morgan Alkautsar 06 64 53 ret
Felix Ferdinandus d William Chandra 63 62
Immanuel Prabowo d Peerachat Chaiyapan (THA) 36 75 61
Claudio Halim d Johny Nurdin 61 61
Anthony Tan d Nyoman MP 60 64
(4) Ayrton Wibowo d Fahri Saputra 61 63
Ronny Himawan d Axel Wijaya 64 61
Fajar Bagyastra d Jun Takahashi (JPN) 63 57 62
(13) Xiao Peng Lai (HKG) d Christopher Rungkat 61 60
Adrian Qihao Tan (MAS) d Stefano Restu 60 63
Tezar Putra d Bani Kohar Harahap 64 64
Watlon Chin (SIN) d Yules Hadisubroto 26 64 62
(5) Jonathan Amdanu d Ganang Suryaatmaja 26 63 62
Riyan Rahim Amsyah d Flegon Koen 76(1) 62
Fendi Gunawan d Eiji Moriya (JPN) 60 60 :eek:
Christian Adinata d Ivan Regan 60 60 :eek:
Lenz Theodor d Mawan Kurniawan 61 61
Andhika Gumilang d Abram Manahit 76(9) 63
Sumitprakash Gupta (IND) d Ghanis Swandita 61 60
Seno Hartono d Ganda Loekito 75 62
Narucha Wannabovorn (THA) d Regan Hilarius 63 64
Ismail Jaya d Alvin Putra Kurniawan 57 61 61
Takahiro Inoue (JPN) d Wihardy Hormansyah 64 62
Benedictus Budialim d Gilbert Sondakh 75 75
(2) Imanuel Prakoso d Indra P Erdian 61 62

All the best to: local dude, Elbert - local stud, Fendi...have a high note to the Imanuels in ur final year as junior... :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 20th, 2003, 12:17 PM
Singles - Boys/2nd round:

(1) Elbert Sie d Faisal Aidil 64 64
Neils Kusumahadi d Felix Ferdinandus 64 76(4)
Imanuel Prabowo d Y Indra Tholib 61 63
Anthony Tan d Claudio Halim 62 61
(4) Ayrton Wibowo d Ronny Himawan 64 60
(13) Xaio Peng Lai (HKG) d Fajar Bagyastra 63 36 63
Adrian Qihao Tan (MAS) d Tezar Putra 61 61
(6) Sandy Purnomo d Watlon Chin (SIN) 61 64
(5) Jonathan Amdanu d Riyan Rahimi Amsyah 61 60
Christian Adinata d Fendi Gunawan 62 62 - How dare you Chris downed cool Fendi! :( I know, Chirs is better! Go, Fendi! :)
Armendio Anggara d Lenz Theodor 60 63
Sumitprakash Gupta (IND) d Andhika Gumilang 61 60
Seno Hartono d Narucha Wannabovorn (THA) 64 62
Ismail Jaya d Takahiro Inoue (JPN) 60 75
Tio Lana Putra d Silvano Oktora 60 60 :eek: Go, Medan boy! :wavey:
(2) Imanuel Prakoso d Benedictus Budialim 62 63

3rd round:
(1) Elbert Sie d Felix Ferdinandus 61 61
(11) Imanuel Prabowo d Anthony Tan - unknown score
(13) Xiao Peng Lai (HKG) d (4) Ayrton Wibowo 75 61 - Ooops, spoiled brat lost! :(
(6) Sandy Purnomo d Andrian Qihao Tan (MAS) 63 63
Christian Adinata d (5) Jonathan Amdanu 63 62
Sumitprakash Gupta d Armendio Anggara 36 60 63
Tio Lana Putra d Seno Hartono 63 63
(2) Imanuel Prakoso d Ismail Jaya 62 63

Quarter Final:

(1) Elbert Sie d (110 Imanuel Prabowo 64 61
(13) Xiao Peng Lai (HKG) d (6) Sandy Purnomo 64 61 - Sandy! :(
Christian Adinata d Sumitprakash Gupta (IND) 26 64 60 - Go, Madiun boy!
(2) Imanuel Prakoso d (12) Tio Lana Putra 62 61

Good luck to Elbert, Xiao, Chris and Prakoso!!! :wavey:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 20th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Doubles - Boys/1st round:
(1) Imanuel Prabowo/Imanuel Prakoso - bye
Ta Chem/Johny Nurdin (TPE/INA) d Dion Riyadi/Rizal Sukma 60 62
Yules Hadisubroto/Claudio Halim d Benedictus Budialim/Nyoman MP 63 62
Jonathan Amdanu/Seno Hartono d Ronny Himawan/Fahri Syahputra 57 62 76(4)
Sumitprakash Gupta/Xiao Peng Lai (IND/HKG) - bye
Faisal Aidil/Adhika Gumilang d Wotlan Chin/Lenz Theodor 64 62
Morgan Alkautsar/Ganang Suryaatmaja d Felix Ferdinandus/Abram Manahit 76(3) 63
Fajar Bagyastra/Ganda Loekito - bye
Armendio Anggara/Tio Lana Putra - bye
Alvin Putra Kurniawan/Adrian Qihao Tan (INA/MAS) d Andre P Wikanta/Bram P Wikanta 60 62
Fendi Gunawan/Christopher Rungkat d Silvano Oktora/Daika Tanaka (INA/JPN) 61 46 62
Sandy Purnomo/Anthony Tan - bye
Takahiro Inoue/Jun Takahashi d Peerachat Chaiyapan/Narucha Wannabovorn (THA) 63 26 75
Elbert Sie/Ayrton Wibowo d William Chandra/Tezar Purba 60 46 76(8)
Andri Cubung/Y Indra Tholib d Lucky Gurmanda/Wihardy Hormansyah 64 64
Christian Adinata/Ismail Jaya - bye