PDA

View Full Version : Indonesian tennis

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 7th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Results - July 7, 2008

Group A North Sulawesi d East Java 2-1
Dian Mayasari d Eny Sulistyowati 7-5, 4-1 ret (Eny had injury and was rushed to nearby hospital)
Dwi Ariyana lost to veteran Irawati Moerid 4-6, 3-6
Dian Mayasari/Priscilla Anggraeni Oky lost to Irawati /Vivi Rogi 6-3, 3-6, 4-6

Group C Yogyakarta d South Sumatera Selatan 2-1
Nina Septrita lost to Rekyan Woro 1-6, 3-6
Vivien Silfany d Ida Wresti Wiratna 6-4, 2-6, 7-5
Vivien Silfany/Rani Lestari lost to Ida Wresti Wiratna/Alfrista Fitriasari 3-6, 2-6

Grup D Banten d Riau, 3-0
Angelina Jogasuria d Asifa Ramadhani 6-1, 6-1
Angelika Jogasuria d Anandia Celinne Evato 6-0, 6-1
Dewi Fortuna/Mimma Chernovita d Asifa Ramadhani/Meritus Fitria Gani 6-3, 6-3

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 7th, 2008, 03:36 PM
thanks for the info.

Yayuk is playing some big ITFs in the US? That's really exciting! who is she playing with?

That's too bad to hear about the cancellation of her plans to go to florida. who cancelled? what other personal problems are halting her progress? is she likely to overcome these? Yayuk was in the US indeed but she returned then coz she had to be at PON/National Games as she is the coach for women's team of Jakarta...

About Ayu...Wismilak as the sponsor cancelled it back then...we will see how she will mature then...:confused:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 7th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Nadia Ravita - 13 yo - now ITF 911, she left for ITA in Florida on June 26, 2008...Nadia is sponsored by Aburizal Bakrie - the richest man in Indonesia - who still plays tennis regularly...Bakrie used to finance Yayuk Basuki and Liza Andriyani...

Nadia's dad and mom used to be national players...Nadia's uncle is Deddy Tedjamukti - former coach of Angie Widjaja and present coach of Grace Sari Ysidora...

At ITA, there is also an Indonesian player, Nadia Frederika (ITF 273 now) who has been there for almost 3 years, I think...

Rising Sun
Jul 7th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the updates, Adji. :)

It's bittersweet seeing Angie's name again. I guess we can all hope playing here will somehow spark her desire again. :o

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 8th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Some results - July 8,2008

West Java d (4) North Sumatra

Angie d Grace Sari 26 61 75

Well, Angie had the advantage on her side that her former coach since 4 years old till 13 yo, Meiske Wiguna was designated as West Java's woman coach while Grace's former coach, Mr Raturandang was also West Java's coach for the male players.

1st set, Grace was in control by applying her typical attacking game and indeed it was troubling Angie. Grace took 62! In 2nd set, due to scorching hot - 38 centigrade on court - Grace vomitted and she felt she was going to pass out. In the 2nd set Angie began to hit moon balls and the fans booed her..."Are you playing U-12?"...Angie just smiled and for sure Angie kept moonballing until final set and Grace did not feel comfortable with too many lobs...LOL:o

Dede Tari Kusrini d Maya Rosa 64 46 63

Angie/Novianti Warsono d Grace/Trivena Monika Putri 62 62

in qf West Java vs Yogyakarta, while North Sumatra most likely vs Jakarta (Ayu and others)...
apparently national ranking is not needed for team event...Angie is surely has no national ranking...North Sumatra's coach is known as a strange person...Grace had been assertive that she wanted to play 2nd singles vs Maya coz she knew she had better chance to win...but the coach did not want to listen to Grace...:(

Other matches:

(2) Central Java led Banten 2-0

Lavinia Tananta d Angelika Jogasuria, Cynthia Melita d Angelina Jogasuria 46 61 63:kiss:

Rising Sun
Jul 8th, 2008, 03:34 PM
:o @ Angie's moonballing.

I guess Grace not playing Maya didn't make a difference since Dede won.

Rising Sun
Jul 8th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Entry list for $10K Solo:

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100018160&event=&order=Position

Sandy's name is not listed for any tourneys that week. Would've been nice to see her play either $25K Obihiro or $50K Vancouver... :rolleyes:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 8th, 2008, 05:15 PM

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100018160&event=&order=Position

Sandy's name is not listed for any tourneys that week. Would've been nice to see her play either $25K Obihiro or $50K Vancouver... :rolleyes:
I doubt that local player can take the title here...:confused: Possible WC MD: Beatrice, Lutfiana, Mia and Grace

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 8th, 2008, 05:35 PM

Sandy's rank will be 260s after this week due to cut off from last year's Boston 50K:help:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 8th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Top girls in ITF junior ranks:
Jessy Rompies ITF 15
Beatrice Gumulya ITF 66
Grace Sari Ysidora ITF 134
I heard that Jessy who is already 18 yo will play US Open jr grand slam...:eek: is she still eligible???:o:confused:
Grace's tentative upcoming tour schedule:
Jul 28 - Solo 10K, possible WC MD
Aug 4 - Jakarta 10K, possible WC MD
Aug 27 - Sportama serie 3 in Tegal, Central Java (senior level national tennis series)
Sept 7 - WTA C'wealth Bank Tennis Classic, possible WC Qual
Sept 23 - China grade 2
Sept 30 - China grade 3
Oct 6 - Osaka Mayor's Cup, grade A
Oct 20 - LTAT-PTT Thailand grade 2
Nov 4 - Sarawak grade 3
Her goal is to play Aus Open Jr as MD direct entry...All d best!!!;)
In Sportama, right now Grace is 4th in the race to final masters!:cool:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 8th, 2008, 05:47 PM
14 yo Nadya Syarifah is currently member of U-14 ITF team and now she is touring 5 tourneys of U-14 level in Europe...Go, Nadya!:)

Rising Sun
Jul 8th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Top girls in ITF junior ranks:
Jessy Rompies ITF 15
Beatrice Gumulya ITF 66
Grace Sari Ysidora ITF 134
I heard that Jessy who is already 18 yo will play US Open jr grand slam...:eek: is she still eligible???:o:confused:
Jul 28 - Solo 10K, possible WC MD
Aug 27 - Sportama serie 3 in Tegal, Central Java (senior level national tennis series)
Sept 23 - China grade 2
Sept 30 - China grade 3
Oct 20 - LTAT-PTT Thailand grade 2
Nov 4 - Sarawak grade 3
Her goal is to play Aus Open Jr as MD direct entry...All d best!!!;)
Pretty good scheduling from Grace. Hope she reaches her goal. ;)

Yes, Jessy's still eligible since its the year of her 18th birthday. It'll definitely be her last JR GS. :lol: She should've really done this last year, then concentrate on seniors this year since she can already play an unlimited schedule... :rolleyes:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 8th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Pretty good scheduling from Grace. Hope she reaches her goal. ;)

Yes, Jessy's still eligible since its the year of her 18th birthday. It'll definitely be her last JR GS. :lol: She should've really done this last year, then concentrate on seniors this year since she can already play an unlimited schedule... :rolleyes:
Jessy has been financed by Big Mama..same with Bea...Big Mama wanted her to be in junior top 10 this summer, but Jessy did not make it after Wimby...Big Mama still wanted her to reach it...I think, Jessy is already burn out now...:help:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 10th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Results of July 9, 2008
QF - Team event
West Java d Yogyakarta 2-1
Angie d Rekyan Woro 60 63
Ida Sutedja d Meli Yonda 61 60
Angie/Maya Rosa d Ida/Alfrista 62 62
(1) East Kalimantan d Banten 2-0
Jessy Rompies d Angelina Jogasuria 61 62
Sandy Gumulya d Angelika Jogasuria 60 62
(2) Central Java d North Sulawesi 2-0
Lavinia Tananta d Irawati Moerid 62 61
Cynthia Melita d Eny Sulistyowati 26 62 61
(3) Jakarta d (4) North Sumatra 2-0
Ayu Fani d Grace Sari 62 61
Wukirasih Sawondari d Trivena Monika Putri 61 60
Much rain bothered the event and yesterday matches started at 2 pm. North Sumatra's coach - totally unknown to the players since all the players are away from Medan - Grace in Jakarta, Putri in Florida while Dede in Surabaya...the coach thought the match vs Jakarta at 5 pm but it was at 2 pm actually...so, all players from North Sumatra never had early htting practice...Grace just had 5 minutes warm-up right before the match and she played poorly with many errors vs Ayu...

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 10th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Washed out since early morning...finally matches started at 2 pm but now it rained again...
For the time being, SF's macthes:
(3) Jakarta vs (2) Central Java
Ayu leads Lavinia 75 21
(1) East Kalimantan vs West Java
Sandy d Novianti Warsono - score unknown
Angie vs Jessy Rompies next

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 10th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Singles - seeds:
1. Sandy Gumulya
2. Lavinia Tananta
3. Ayu Fani Damayanti
4. Jessy Rompies
5. Lutfiana A Budiharto
6. Grace Sari Ysidora
7. Septi Mende
8. Romana Tedjakusuma

Based on the official draw, all seeded players get bye in 1st round

So, possible QF's match-up:
(1) Sandy vs (8) Romana, (3) Ayu vs (5) Lutfi, (7) Septi vs (4) Jessy, (6) Grace v (2) Lavinia

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 10th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Angie plays doubles with Maya and mixed doubles for individual events.

Angie grabbed gold medal in singles of PON 2000 in Surabaya when she defeated Wynne Prakusya.

Wynne is doubted to even show-up at the current PON.

Harju.
Jul 10th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Singles - seeds:
1. Sandy Gumulya
2. Lavinia Tananta
3. Ayu Fani Damayanti
4. Jessy Rompies
5. Lutfiana A Budiharto
6. Grace Sari Ysidora
7. Septi Mende
8. Romana Tedjakusuma

Based on the official draw, all seeded players get bye in 1st round

So, possible QF's match-up:
(1) Sandy vs (8) Romana, (3) Ayu vs (5) Lutfi, (7) Septi vs (4) Jessy, (6) Grace v (2) Lavinia
Bold Prediction :
SF :
Romana vs Ayu.
Jessy vs Lavinia.
F :
Jessy def. Ayu.
Making her Mama Martina's new sweetheart. :hearts:. But I admire Jessy's hardwork. From being the step child to Lutfi in junior to being the one of the top national players.

Harju.
Jul 10th, 2008, 10:12 AM
And I hope DKI can score an upset over East Kalimantan. That'd be a big slap to Pelti :lol:

Rising Sun
Jul 10th, 2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the updates. :)

Sandy vs Romana in QF :help:
Both are Top 2 players on WTA rankings. :o

Harju.
Jul 10th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Washed out since early morning...finally matches started at 2 pm but now it rained again...
For the time being, SF's macthes:
(3) Jakarta vs (2) Central Java
Ayu leads Lavinia 75 21
(1) East Kalimantan vs West Java
Sandy d Novianti Warsono - score unknown
Angie vs Jessy Rompies next
Sandy Gumulya def. Novi Warsono 61 62 Jessy Rompies def. Angie Widjaja 61 64:sad:
East Kalimantan def. West Java 2-0.

Central Java vs DKI Jakarta
Lavinia Tananta def. Ayu Fani Damayanti 57 76 61 :sobbing:
Lutfiana Budiharto vs Wukirasih Sawondari. Go Wukir!

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 11th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Sandy Gumulya def. Novi Warsono 61 62 Jessy Rompies def. Angie Widjaja 61 64:sad:
East Kalimantan def. West Java 2-0.

Central Java vs DKI Jakarta
Lavinia Tananta def. Ayu Fani Damayanti 57 76 61 :sobbing:
Lutfiana Budiharto vs Wukirasih Sawondari. Go Wukir!

I was told by Angie's former coach, Jessy played with high confident...;) What do u expect from Angie? She practiced only in the last 2 weeks...only her serve is still reliable...

Lutfi d Wukir 63 76(2)...woohoo, Wukir wore tank top and mini skirt...:lol:

I was informed that Ayu is a bit over weight and surely, she is lazy to do physical training so it affected her fitness...

Well, speaking of the devil...all Mama's gals in the finals...:tape::help::devil:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 11th, 2008, 06:56 AM
My singles' bet for SF:

Romana d Ayu
Jessy d Lavinia

But...Grace can be a dark horse in QF...If she is playing in her best form, she can beat Lavinia...:kiss:;);):kiss:

Rising Sun
Jul 12th, 2008, 09:56 AM
Seems like East Kalimantan beat Central Java in the final of the team's event.

http://old.thejakartapost.com/detailsports.asp?fileid=20080712.V03&irec=2

Didn't know Sandy's grandmother passed away recently. Maybe that's why she withdrew from China. RIP. :sad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 12th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Singles - 1st rd
Novianti Warsono (West Java) d Julia Sanger (North Sulawesi) 62 40 ret

Rekyan Woro (Yogyakarta) d Meli Yonda (West Java) 62 63

2nd rd:
(6) Grace Sari (North Sumatra) d Novianti 61 60

(2) Lavinia Tananta (Central Java) d Angelika Jogasuria (Banten) 63 64

Doubles - 1st rd
Irawati Moerid/Eny Sulistyowati (North Sulawesi) d Dede Tari K/Grace Sari Y 64 36 75

Angie/Maya Rosa (West Java) got 1st rd bye and in QF vs Sediati M/Desak Wiwin (Bali)

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 12th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Seems like East Kalimantan beat Central Java in the final of the team's event.

http://old.thejakartapost.com/detailsports.asp?fileid=20080712.V03&irec=2

Didn't know Sandy's grandmother passed away recently. Maybe that's why she withdrew from China. RIP. :sad: Sandy pulled out from China since she had to go training camp in Balikpapan - being East Kalimantan's anchor

Rising Sun
Jul 13th, 2008, 07:50 AM
http://old.thejakartapost.com/detailnational.asp?fileid=20080713.K02&irec=3

Sandy to spend earnings on tour to climb rankings

East Kalimantan tennis player Sandy Gumulya thrashed her junior national teammate Lavinia Tananta of Central Java 6-3, 6-3 to steer her team to gold in the women's team event at the National Games on Friday.

Right after the match, having pocketed a Rp 150 million cash bonus, she immediately set her sights on another chance for gold in the women's singles event, which would net her a further Rp 150 million bonus.

Sandy plans to use the money to fund her own world tour in her bid to climb the rankings.

"I just want to fund my own international tour in order to help alleviate the spending shouldered by Ibu Martina Widjaja," said the 22-year-old, of the Indonesian Tennis Association president.

"That's why I'm also vying for another gold medal in singles," said the world No. 237, who won gold medal at the Southeast Asian Games in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand, last year.

The East Kalimantan administration promised earlier to award the gold medalist with Rp 150 million, the silver medalist with Rp 50 million and the bronze medalist with Rp 25 million.

Sandy said that exposure to international tournaments was needed to jack up her world ranking.

Her target is to break into the world's top 100.

The last Indonesian woman to have entered the top 100 is 2001 Wimbledon juniors champion Angelique Widjaja, who failed to rediscover her earlier form after sustaining a knee injury.

Sandy relishes the competitiveness of women's tennis.

"I know that will not be easy as I will be facing tough opponents, but I'll play my best," she told The Jakarta Post.

After the Games, she plans to fly to the United States to compete.

"Just pray for my success during my next tour," the winner of last year's US$25,000 Challengers tournament in Pune, India, said.

Rising Sun
Jul 13th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Interesting comments from Sandy. Encouraging to see that she wants to take more control of her career. :)

Wonder where in the US she intends to play, since I don't see her name on any list yet? Maybe Cincinatti? :eek:

Perhaps she's hoping to get into US Open qualies. Don't know if she can since the entries will be based on the rankings that come out tomorrow. :scared:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:21 AM
http://old.thejakartapost.com/detailnational.asp?fileid=20080713.K02&irec=3

Sandy to spend earnings on tour to climb rankings

East Kalimantan tennis player Sandy Gumulya thrashed her junior national teammate Lavinia Tananta of Central Java 6-3, 6-3 to steer her team to gold in the women's team event at the National Games on Friday.

Right after the match, having pocketed a Rp 150 million cash bonus, she immediately set her sights on another chance for gold in the women's singles event, which would net her a further Rp 150 million bonus.

Sandy plans to use the money to fund her own world tour in her bid to climb the rankings.

"I just want to fund my own international tour in order to help alleviate the spending shouldered by Ibu Martina Widjaja," said the 22-year-old, of the Indonesian Tennis Association president.

"That's why I'm also vying for another gold medal in singles," said the world No. 237, who won gold medal at the Southeast Asian Games in Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand, last year.

The East Kalimantan administration promised earlier to award the gold medalist with Rp 150 million, the silver medalist with Rp 50 million and the bronze medalist with Rp 25 million.

Sandy said that exposure to international tournaments was needed to jack up her world ranking.

Her target is to break into the world's top 100.

The last Indonesian woman to have entered the top 100 is 2001 Wimbledon juniors champion Angelique Widjaja, who failed to rediscover her earlier form after sustaining a knee injury.

Sandy relishes the competitiveness of women's tennis.

"I know that will not be easy as I will be facing tough opponents, but I'll play my best," she told The Jakarta Post.

After the Games, she plans to fly to the United States to compete.

"Just pray for my success during my next tour," the winner of last year's US$25,000 Challengers tournament in Pune, India, said.
I doubt she got it for herself that 150 mil rups she got in team event...this amount will be divided into 5 players...:) still not bad, I guess...

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 13th, 2008, 09:30 AM
Singles - QF
(3) Ayu d (5) Lutfi in 3 sets

(2) Lavinia Tananta d (6) Grace Sari Ysidora 61 63

Grace threw-up again prior to the match in the morning...:sad::confused: Grace did not play her own game, she was trapped into her senior's game indeed and she made forced and unforced errors...:mad: Well, 0-3 in their head to head...Grace!!!:help: I mean, it is okay she lost but I expected a closer match...It was obvious big mama cheered on Lavinia only...yeah, taking side...

(4) Jessy d (7) Septi in 3 sets

and last but not least

(8) Romana d (1) Sandy 64 46 61
in 2nd set, Sandy began to apply high-bounced top spins combined with a lot of lobs...it became ugly to watch...Sandy was very emotional as she was under pressure by big mama and little mama as well as her coach, Suzanna, who kept screaming at her from the side...Sandy questioned the umpire several times...The umpire - happened to be the one that big mama hates so much...But he is the best umpire in Indonesia...:lol:

Big mama looked "gorgeous" along the match...:tape::help::lol:

I knew from the beginning that Sandy could not meet the high expectation from different parties...Mentally, she is still fragile...Bravo, Romana...!!!:kiss:

Goodbye 150 mil rups!!! Poor, Sandy!:banghead:

Rising Sun
Jul 13th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Poor Sandy, back to square one. I think my posting that article must have jinxed her. :sobbing:

Adji, could you explain further re. Mama Martina looking gorgeous? :hearts: :p

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Poor Sandy, back to square one. I think my posting that article must have jinxed her. :sobbing:

Adji, could you explain further re. Mama Martina looking gorgeous? :hearts: :p LOL...Big Mama looked terrible, scary, awful when she kept screaming and ordered her players from VIP seat...Yeah, she as always acted as diva and coach at the same time...she shouted what to do to her players...even she could say nasty things to the linesmen...:o:mad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Singles - semi finals:

(3) Ayu Fani d (8) Romana Tedjakusuma 63 16 64:D

Ayu had medical time out due to leg's cramp...:(

(2) Lavinia Tananta d (4) Jessy Rompies 62 06 63:kiss:

In final set, Jessy led 3-1 actually...what a choke and sure, Jessy still had problem in her mental...very old habit since U-12...:(

kfh_9118
Jul 14th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Romana :fiery: after beating Sandy, I expect her to win this :fiery:

Hopefully Lavinia will win the final

Harju.
Jul 14th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Go Ayu :banana:
Please get revenge and win the medal and shove it to Mama Martina's face!

Jessy :bigcry:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 15th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Final: (3) Ayu Fani d (2) Lavinia Tananta 6-4, 6-4:)

Congrats, Ayu! She had better mental toughness...since early morning thunderstorms hit Balikpapan until 3 pm...The final did not start until almost 4 pm...

Doubles - SF:

Angie/Maya Rosa d (1) Ayu/Liza 64 26 30 ret - due to Ayu's cramp in her left thigh as well as her stomach...The paramedics had to bring her out...:o:rolleyes:

(2) Jessy/Bea d (3) Lavinia/Lutfiana 76 75

In mixed doubles' final, Angie with her partner will play against Sandy and her partner

Rising Sun
Jul 15th, 2008, 12:43 PM
Congrats Ayu :yeah:

Mama Martina :tape:

Harju.
Jul 15th, 2008, 05:03 PM
AYU!!! :banana:
Please start to play ITF tourneys asap. kthxbye.

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:54 AM
AYU!!! :banana:
Please start to play ITF tourneys asap. kthxbye. In final, Ayu looked like Terminator...in her war uniform...:lol: from her thigh all the way down to her ankle was strapped...Ayu will play 2 of 10Ks in Solo and Jakarta soon...

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 16th, 2008, 06:55 AM
Women's doubles - final:

(2) Jessy/Bea d Angie/Maya Rosa 57 61 64:cool:

Mixed doubles - final:

Angie/her partner d Sandy/her partner 62 62:)

Harju.
Jul 16th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Congrats to Angie.
For someone who just trained for two weeks and yet managed to grab a silver and a gold is still awesome!

Granted, it showed how pathetic tennis is in Indonesia currently :sobbing:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 19th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Since Romana played PON, then she had to withdraw from 2 x 50Ks:mad:

Jessy Rompies as per tonight (July 19) withdrew from Jakarta 10K...wonder why?:confused:

CrossCourt~Rally
Jul 19th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Women's doubles - final:

(2) Jessy/Bea d Angie/Maya Rosa 57 61 64:cool:

Mixed doubles - final:

Angie/her partner d Sandy/her partner 62 62:)

ANGIE:yeah:

kfh_9118
Jul 20th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Since Romana played PON, then she had to withdraw from 2 x 50Ks:mad:

Jessy Rompies as per tonight (July 19) withdrew from Jakarta 10K...wonder why?:confused:

From the beginning I wonder why Romana was willing to fly back to INA just to play PON. She should have focused on increasing her ranking hoping for AO quali :rolleyes: What's so important with PON anyway for her?

Also, I wonder why Wynne decided not to play PON?

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 22nd, 2008, 02:27 PM
Ayu withdrew from Solo 10K (starting on Jul 29)...I bet, she is still tired physically after PON and now she is having her siesta in her hometown, Bali...:confused:

Speaking of Wynne...after all she has got money from Central Java government and she did not turn-up...:( what a commitment...

Harju.
Jul 22nd, 2008, 02:31 PM
Ayu :bigcry:. Darn it.

Rising Sun
Jul 22nd, 2008, 03:36 PM
Wasted opportunity for Ayu :(

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 23rd, 2008, 03:30 PM
Jessy Rompies withdrew from Jakarta 10K - despite of being in MD...:( I bet, she is burn out...:fiery: or else she has to leave for USA tour - junior tourneys...:confused:

WC MD for Solo 10K (starting July 29, 2008): Sandy, Grace Sari Ysidora, Septi Mende and Karyn Emeralda...

Pelti's public relation staff wrote that Sandy forgot to enter Solo so she had no choice but to ask for WC..:o:mad::help:

That's typical of BMW camp's management run by everlasting Suzie Wong...:o:( The management may think that Sandy needs to boost her morale...or easy to grab the title in Solo...or she is considered as 10K's player...or the management is feeling uneasy since Romana has entered 2 x 25Ks in Germany...I am sure that Sandy is under pressure playing in Solo...She is ordered to take the title to save her Big Mama's face...Other junior players deserved to get WC such as Cynthia Melita, Laili Rahmawati...I don't know why Septi got it, too...Karyn is okay since she was in Junior Fed team last year and U-16 team last year, too...

Rising Sun
Jul 23rd, 2008, 04:00 PM
Sandy playing $10Ks again... If she doesn't win... :help: :tape:
I guess it's better being MIA, but she could've played in Japan that week instead.
Her name's not on the $50K Bronx list. I assume she's scrapped her US plans. Is she playing $10K Jakarta, too? :confused:

Romana's withdrawn from one of the German $25Ks... :confused:

Jessy really should be playing these $10Ks. I don't think she's due to play a Junior event until the end of August. :(

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 23rd, 2008, 06:01 PM
Sandy playing $10Ks again... If she doesn't win... :help: :tape:
I guess it's better being MIA, but she could've played in Japan that week instead.
Her name's not on the $50K Bronx list. I assume she's scrapped her US plans. Is she playing $10K Jakarta, too? :confused:

Romana's withdrawn from one of the German $25Ks... :confused:

Jessy really should be playing these $10Ks. I don't think she's due to play a Junior event until the end of August. :( I bet, Sandy is playing Jakarta, too...:rolleyes:

Ouch, Romana withdrew...:(

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 28th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Jul 28 - Solo 10K, got WC MD
Aug 11 - Asian School Championship in Singapore - representing Indonesia chosen by the government together with other players
Aug 26 - Sportama serie 3 possibly in Bandung, West Java (senior level national tennis series) or Nonthaburi, Thailand 10K
Sept 23 - China grade 2
Sept 30 - China grade 3
Oct 20 - LTAT-PTT Thailand grade 2 or Sportama serie 4
Nov 4 - Asian Closed grade B1 or Sarawak grade 3
Her goal is to play Aus Open Jr as MD direct entry...All d best!!!:)

Today, she sent her entry form to WTA HQ for playing WTA Bali;)

Rising Sun
Aug 1st, 2008, 04:17 PM
http://old.thejakartapost.com/detailsports.asp?fileid=20080801.V01&irec=0

Higher grade and prizes for Bali Tennis Classic

The Commonwealth Bank Tennis Classic will be held in Bali in September for the second year running, with US$225,000 in prize money up for grabs.

The tournament, a 2007 addition to the worldwide Sony Ericsson WTA Tour, will play its last old format as organizers look to upgrade the tournament level next year, event organizers announced Thursday.

"This will be the last format of the Commonwealth Bank Tennis Classic, because next year we will hold a higher level competition called the Commonwealth Bank Tournament of Champions, which will offer more prize money," said Nursing, the bank's president director.

2007 and 2008 Australian Open semifinalist Daniela Hantuchova, 2008 Barclays Dubai Championships semifinalist Francesca Schiavone and 2008 Wimbledon quarterfinalist Tamarine Tanasugarn are among the world's top players in the tournament, which will run from September 7-14 at the Grand Hyatt Bali.

"Defending champion Lindsay Davenport could not return this year. And I would love to invite Ana Ivanovic, but this has been a busy year for most athletes with the Beijing Olympics and U.S. Open being held prior to the Bali tournament," said tournament director Kevin Livesey.

"However, I believe the spectators will see some good tennis, considering Ivanovic lost in the first round here three years ago, but became world No. 1 two years later. So, who knows?"

Livesey added two wildcards for singles qualifying matches would be given to Indonesian players.

Martina Widjaja, chairwoman of the Indonesian Tennis Association (Pelti), said world No. 278 Sandy Gumulya and either Lavinia Tananta (553) or Ayu Fani Damayanti (813) would receive wildcards.

"This year, Sandy and Lavinia or Ayu will take part in the singles as wildcards," Martina said.

"And I'd also like to ask Kevin to allow us a pair in the doubles."

Lavinia participated last year but lost early on to American Julie Ditty.

In addition to the main professional event, a junior tournament will be held in Jakarta from September 3-5.

Rising Sun
Aug 1st, 2008, 04:17 PM
Good to see 2 MD WCs going to Indonesians this year. :)

kfh_9118
Aug 3rd, 2008, 11:57 AM
Good to see 2 MD WCs going to Indonesians this year. :)

Actually this year, no MD WC will be given to any Indonesian player at all :help:

Only 2 qualifying WC spots for Indonesian player.

Rising Sun
Aug 3rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
Actually this year, no MD WC will be given to any Indonesian player at all :help:

Only 2 qualifying WC spots for Indonesian player.
I didn't read the article properly. :o

How pathetic. Especially considering that this will the last year of its current format. :mad:

I wonder who will get the MD WCS then. :rolleyes: :help:

Rising Sun
Aug 3rd, 2008, 12:51 PM
$10K Solo F

Sandy GUMULYA (INA) (1) defeated Jin-Hee KIM (KOR) (7) 6-7(5) 6-1 6-2

-----

Good to see that Sandy was able to stand the pressure this week. At least Mama Martina saved face for the time being. ;)

Harju.
Aug 3rd, 2008, 11:26 PM
Congrats Sandy!
Please stop playing 10Ks anymore.

Rising Sun
Aug 4th, 2008, 03:27 AM
http://www.kabarindonesia.com/gbrberita/20080803192051.jpg

kfh_9118
Aug 4th, 2008, 10:50 PM
Sandy might face Jin-Hee again (in the QF) in this week 10K Jakarta ITF.
Somehow I have a feeling she will lose this time. Hopefully she can win another title this week.

Go Sandy

Shine On Silver Moon
Aug 8th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Grace's tour schedule:

Aug 13 - ASEAN School Championship in Singapore - representing Indonesia chosen by the government together with other players
Aug 26 - Sportama serie 3 in Jakarta(senior level national tennis series) sponsored by "Garuda Indonesia"
Sept 7 - WTA C'wealth Bank Tennis Classic
Sept 23 - China grade 2 - Beijing
Sept 30 - China grade 3 - Xiamen
Oct 20 - LTAT-PTT Thailand grade 2 or Sportama serie 4
Oct 27- Asian Closed grade B1 in Balikpapan, East Kalimantan
Nov 4 - Sarawak grade 3 or Sportama serie 5
Nov 10 - Manila 10K
Nov 17 - Manila 10K
Dec 8 - Sportama final masters (if she qualifies among 8 players)

Her goal is to play Aus Open Jr as MD direct entry...All d best!!!:)

Rising Sun
Aug 12th, 2008, 04:10 PM
After Sandy's "loss" in the final of $10K Jakarta, she's entered $25K Tsukuba, JPN (Week of 1 Sep).

I really hope she plays instead of going MIA until Bali...

Shine On Silver Moon
Aug 18th, 2008, 06:59 AM
New gal on d board - Grace Sari WTA 1023 with 4 points out of 3 tourneys:kiss:

Rising Sun
Aug 19th, 2008, 02:53 PM
New gal on d board - Grace Sari WTA 1023 with 4 points out of 3 tourneys:kiss:
Welcome to the WTA rankings, Grace! ;)

Rising Sun
Aug 19th, 2008, 02:54 PM
After Sandy's "loss" in the final of $10K Jakarta, she's entered $25K Tsukuba, JPN (Week of 1 Sep).

I really hope she plays instead of going MIA until Bali...
Sandy's withdrawn. Probably to "practise" before playing Bali qualies the following week. :rolleyes: :banghead:

Shine On Silver Moon
Aug 22nd, 2008, 10:09 AM
Sandy's withdrawn. Probably to "practise" before playing Bali qualies the following week. :rolleyes: :banghead: Sandy asked for WCM to play Garuda Indonesia Tennis Series or Sportama 3rd leg organized by Angie's sport enterprise...:eek:

Rising Sun
Aug 25th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Sandy asked for WCM to play Garuda Indonesia Tennis Series or Sportama 3rd leg organized by Angie's sport enterprise...:eek:
Erm... why??? :scared:

BTW, I think her ranking may have even been high enough to play US Open... :rolleyes:

Shine On Silver Moon
Aug 28th, 2008, 06:40 AM
Erm... why??? :scared:

BTW, I think her ranking may have even been high enough to play US Open... :rolleyes:

Today at the venue of "Garuda Indonesia Tennis Series" at Sultan Hotel, I asked her why she did sayonara to Tsukuba...She said that since there is a US coach now so she has to practice with him...Yup, then I asked her again who is the coach??? She replied...Benhabilles (I bet it is wrong spelling), former coach of Roddick?, I think...I asked what next after WTA Bali, Sandy said that she will go to the US...

Secretively Big Mama held WC Qual selection for WTA Bali at her house's tennis court last week...what a stupid thing to do...:o no fairness in Indonesian Tennis!:help:

Sandy d Lavinia 61 62, d Ayu 64 61
Ayu d Lavinia 76(4) 75

So, WC Q awarded to Sandy and Ayu...:)

Rising Sun
Aug 28th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Today at the venue of "Garuda Indonesia Tennis Series" at Sultan Hotel, I asked her why she did sayonara to Tsukuba...She said that since there is a US coach now so she has to practice with him...Yup, then I asked her again who is the coach??? She replied...Benhabilles (I bet it is wrong spelling), former coach of Roddick?, I think...I asked what next after WTA Bali, Sandy said that she will go to the US...

Secretively Big Mama held WC Qual selection for WTA Bali at her house's tennis court last week...what a stupid thing to do...:o no fairness in Indonesian Tennis!:help:

Sandy d Lavinia 61 62, d Ayu 64 61
Ayu d Lavinia 76(4) 75

So, WC Q awarded to Sandy and Ayu...:)
Thanks for the updates, Adji! :)

Benhabiles also used to coach Gasquet & Golovin, so it should be a good experience for Sandy & Co. I thought he was from France though, not US. :confused: I'll bet Suzanna will remain as Sandy's travelling coach, right?

Surprising decision to play in the US. I would've thought that playing in OZ or Asia would been better... So many points to defend. :scared:

:lol: @ the WC play-offs being held at Mama Martina's abode. I still can't believe no MD WC is awarded... :(

kfh_9118
Sep 6th, 2008, 01:20 PM
Bali qualifying draw is such a joke :tape:
8 Byes in 16 qualifying draw, wonder why they didn't just give more WCs to Indonesian players. Or maybe they aren't allowed to give more than 3 WCs? :confused:

Actually the Indonesian players are the ones to blame, why didn't they just commit to this tournament, and considering how low the cut-off for qualifying in the past years, there's always good chance for them to play here and earn valuable pts :fiery:

How about Romana & Grace? Wonder why they didn't play here :rolleyes:

Rising Sun
Sep 6th, 2008, 03:31 PM
8 Byes in 16 qualifying draw, wonder why they didn't just give more WCs to Indonesian players. Or maybe they aren't allowed to give more than 3 WCs? :confused:

Actually the Indonesian players are the ones to blame, why didn't they just commit to this tournament, and considering how low the cut-off for qualifying in the past years, there's always good chance for them to play here and earn valuable pts :fiery:

I don't think there's a limit in the number of WCs if there are empty spaces...

The fact that it's a 16-player draw is the main culprit. Nobody wants to risk flying all the way to a location like Bali only to miss out on making the draw.

Had this been played somewhere like Jakarta, I'm sure more Indonesian players would've turned up for sign-ins... What a waste of opportunity. :rolleyes: Liza was the only one smart for turning up.

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 8th, 2008, 09:47 AM

Well, Ayu apparently has joined BMW camp after PON...so, it was a joke that BMW held such selection and she rejected Grace to participate in the selection...BMW still mad at Grace coz she refused to be in ITF U-16 team this past summer...

Better late than never for Ayu...she needs cash from BMW...for financing the tour...

Romana entered this tourney - beside Sandy and Lavinia...they were the only three with WTA ranks who entered...while unranked players like Grace, Septi and Jawairiah Noordin have entered also by fax...For Grace, she chose to focus on her training for North East Asian tour (China grade 2, China grade 3 and Osaka grade A)...Septi just began her study at Gadjah Mada University Law School...Jawairiah is trained in Jakarta...

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 18th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Remaining tour schedule of Grace Sari Ysidora:

23-28 September, 2008 - ITF Grade 2 in Beijing, China - MD #8
30 Sept. to Oct. 5, 2008 - ITF Grade 3 in Xiamen, China - MD #8
October 6-12, 2008 - ITF Grade A Osaka Mayor's Cup in Osaka, Japan - MD #20
October 20-26, 2008 - ITF Grade 2 LTAT Thailand in Nonthaburi, Thailand
Oct. 27 - Nov. 2, 2008 - ITF Grade B1 Asia Oceania Closed in Balikpapan, Indonesia
December 1-7, 2008 - ITF Grade 1 Eddie Herr Intl in Bradenton, Florida, USA
December 8-14, 2008 - ITF Grade A Dunlop Orange Bowl in Key Biscayne, Florida, USA

All the best, Grace!!!:kiss:

Rising Sun
Sep 19th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Good luck Grace! :cool:

Rising Sun
Sep 19th, 2008, 12:31 PM
Judging from the entry lists, looks like Sandy will only be playing in the US for 2 weeks...

I'm hoping she'll take a week off before playing in Japan or Australia. Even better, the $25Ks in Nigeria! :lol:

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 19th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Remaining tour schedule of Grace Sari Ysidora:

23-28 September, 2008 - ITF Grade 2 in Beijing, China - MD #8
30 Sept. to Oct. 5, 2008 - ITF Grade 3 in Xiamen, China - MD #8
October 6-12, 2008 - ITF Grade A Osaka Mayor's Cup in Osaka, Japan - MD #20
October 20-26, 2008 - ITF Grade 2 LTAT Thailand in Nonthaburi, Thailand
Oct. 27 - Nov. 2, 2008 - ITF Grade B1 Asia Oceania Closed in Balikpapan, Indonesia
December 1-7, 2008 - ITF Grade 1 Eddie Herr Intl in Bradenton, Florida, USA
December 8-14, 2008 - ITF Grade A Dunlop Orange Bowl in Key Biscayne, Florida, USA

All the best, Grace!!!:kiss:

Until today, CTA has not sent invitation letter to Indonesian Tennis Association...as you know, junior players must go through the National Assoc for entering or withdrawing from tourneys...Such letter is important to obtain visa from the China embassy in Jakarta...Emails are not replied yet by CTA...Grace planned to leave on Saturday evening (Sept. 20) from Jakarta via Singapore...So, she still hopes that the visa is issued on Monday so then she can fly to China on Monday eve but she will definitely miss the sign-in...So, she has asked ITF if she could get recommendation letter to play on Wednesday...She will travel with her coach and a player (a boy)...

Speaking of her schedule, if she gets good result from North Asia tour then her ranking is enough for Aussie Open after Thai grade 2 and B1, then she'd rather not to fly all the way to Florida...The idea to play Florida came from her another temporary coach from ITA...She prefers to play 2 x Manila 10Ks in November...

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 19th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Judging from the entry lists, looks like Sandy will only be playing in the US for 2 weeks...

I'm hoping she'll take a week off before playing in Japan or Australia. Even better, the $25Ks in Nigeria! :lol: Really???:eek: only playing 2 weeks???

Rising Sun
Sep 19th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Until today, CTA has not sent invitation letter to Indonesian Tennis Association...as you know, junior players must go through the National Assoc for entering or withdrawing from tourneys...Such letter is important to obtain visa from the China embassy in Jakarta...Emails are not replied yet by CTA...Grace planned to leave on Saturday evening (Sept. 20) from Jakarta via Singapore...So, she still hopes that the visa is issued on Monday so then she can fly to China on Monday eve but she will definitely miss the sign-in...So, she has asked ITF if she could get recommendation letter to play on Wednesday...She will travel with her coach and a player (a boy)...

Speaking of her schedule, if she gets good result from North Asia tour then her ranking is enough for Aussie Open after Thai grade 2 and B1, then she'd rather not to fly all the way to Florida...The idea to play Florida came from her another temporary coach from ITA...She prefers to play 2 x Manila 10Ks in November...
Yeah, I really hope she's able to play the $10Ks in Manila instead.

Then again, the Florida events might be good in terms of experience playing the top juniors.

Rising Sun
Sep 19th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Really???:eek: only playing 2 weeks???
Yeah, her name's nowhere to be seen in the list for $50K Pittsburgh. :confused:

I wonder where Ayu & Vivin are playing next?

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 20th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Yeah, her name's nowhere to be seen in the list for $50K Pittsburgh. :confused:

I wonder where Ayu & Vivin are playing next? Yup, I checked P'burgh list...no Sandy...:rolleyes: What an expensive trip to the US only for 2 weeks...LOL Ayu may play Nigeria???:lol: Vivin Tananta just practices for the time being and no plan to play anywhere...

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 20th, 2008, 12:35 PM
Another gal has joined ITA, Florida...Yup, 13 yo Melissa Kandinata from Jakarta has started her training since last August at ITA and financed by her rich family...She lives in an apartment out of ITA with her mother...Good luck, Mel!;)

Nadia Ravita, 13 yo who is financed by the richest man in Indonesia, Mr. Aburizal Bakrie - also has been at ITA for 3 months and she will play El Paso grade 5 next month then Evert grade 4 and Orange Bowl U-16...Nadia stays at ITA's dorm...

Nadia Frederika, 16 yo - the 1st gal who went to ITA about 3 years ago, she will return to Jakarta after Osaka grade A then she will go back to Florida most likely in December...

Harju.
Sep 23rd, 2008, 11:54 PM
Sandy is on the entry list at 50K Lawrenceville on Oct 13, so I guess she just takes a break that week :shrug:.

Sandy managed to qualify @ 50K Ashland :cool:

Rising Sun
Sep 24th, 2008, 07:51 AM
Sandy is on the entry list at 50K Lawrenceville on Oct 13, so I guess she just takes a break that week :shrug:.

Sandy managed to qualify @ 50K Ashland :cool:
She's also entered $50K Toronto the same week. I think it'll have a weaker field, so I hope she plays there instead.

What a strange decision to have a week off. She would have made the MD of Pittsburgh. :(

She has so many points coming off at the end of the year... :scared:

Well done for qualifying. ;)

Rising Sun
Sep 24th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Another gal has joined ITA, Florida...Yup, 13 yo Melissa Kandinata from Jakarta has started her training since last August at ITA and financed by her rich family...She lives in an apartment out of ITA with her mother...Good luck, Mel!;)

Nadia Ravita, 13 yo who is financed by the richest man in Indonesia, Mr. Aburizal Bakrie - also has been at ITA for 3 months and she will play El Paso grade 5 next month then Evert grade 4 and Orange Bowl U-16...Nadia stays at ITA's dorm...

Nadia Frederika, 16 yo - the 1st gal who went to ITA about 3 years ago, she will return to Jakarta after Osaka grade A then she will go back to Florida most likely in December...
Do these girls have potential? :confused:

Rising Sun
Sep 24th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Yup, I checked P'burgh list...no Sandy...:rolleyes: What an expensive trip to the US only for 2 weeks...LOL Ayu may play Nigeria???:lol: Vivin Tananta just practices for the time being and no plan to play anywhere...
No Indonesians in Nigeria... :rolleyes:

Vivin's name is on the list for $25K Mt Gambier, but no Ayu...

Harju.
Sep 24th, 2008, 08:27 AM
Do these girls have potential? :confused:
As far as I know, Nadia Frederika hardly wins any matches while she was playing in USA. So I guess the other two girls are more or less of the same standard.

I'm glad that Ayu finally decided to join Mama Martina. At least she gets to play overseas on top of the the local tournaments that she always seems to be stucked with every year.

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 24th, 2008, 04:35 PM
No Indonesians in Nigeria... :rolleyes:

Vivin's name is on the list for $25K Mt Gambier, but no Ayu... I was joking on Ayu to play Lagos...LOL...

It is still tough for Vivin to play 25K...

Melissa, IMO she is not talented...Her father will be visiting her soon...

Ravita...her pa and ma are former national players so she has the talent and good basic skills...but she still learns to be independent...and I am sure, she does learn it by staying at ITA dorm and goes to US school at the same time...Her uncle is Angie's former coach and current coach of Grace...

Nadia Fred...I heard that she has problem in controlling her weight...She will return to Jakarta after Osaka grade A then she goes back to ITA...

Rising Sun
Sep 24th, 2008, 10:49 PM
I was joking on Ayu to play Lagos...LOL...

It is still tough for Vivin to play 25K...

Melissa, IMO she is not talented...Her father will be visiting her soon...

Ravita...her pa and ma are former national players so she has the talent and good basic skills...but she still learns to be independent...and I am sure, she does learn it by staying at ITA dorm and goes to US school at the same time...Her uncle is Angie's former coach and current coach of Grace...

Nadia Fred...I heard that she has problem in controlling her weight...She will return to Jakarta after Osaka grade A then she goes back to ITA...
lol, yeah I knew you were kidding. I rolleyed my eyes, 'coz I thought it playing in Nigeria would be a fantastic opportunity. :sad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 25th, 2008, 12:49 AM
lol, yeah I knew you were kidding. I rolleyed my eyes, 'coz I thought it playing in Nigeria would be a fantastic opportunity. :sad: I remember Ploy and Gift told me their "wonderful" trip to Nigeria when I met them last time...:p

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 26th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Vivin Tananta withdrew from Mt. Gambier 25K as per today, Sept. 26th, 2008:(:confused:

Rising Sun
Sep 26th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I remember Ploy and Gift told me their "wonderful" trip to Nigeria when I met them last time...:p
What did they say? :lol:

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 29th, 2008, 10:20 AM
What did they say? :lol: unpleasant for sure...dirty and scary...

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 29th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Sandy and Romana withdrew from Toronto 50K...so, they will play L'ville then...

rhz
Sep 30th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Yayuk is playing doubles again? she went to Europe and played with Romana, and now playing in US this week? Adji any news? is there any special intention why she's back on tour again?

Shine On Silver Moon
Oct 14th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Yayuk is playing doubles again? she went to Europe and played with Romana, and now playing in US this week? Adji any news? is there any special intention why she's back on tour again?
Yayuk has been playing doubles again since early of this season with Romana...Last time I met her - right after her Euro tour - she said it is just for fun...

Shine On Silver Moon
Oct 14th, 2008, 03:48 PM
this week at L'ville 50K:
tough for both Sandy and Romana...Sandy vs 4-Czink, Romana vs 2-Ditty...:devil:
at Ipoh, M'sia G4 - a bunch of players there...nice...;)
Ayu, Jessy/Eci and Lavinia/Vivin entered both Manila 10Ks in November...also Grace & Putri...Grace will play Manila depends on her results after Thai G2, Balikpapan B1 and Kuching G3...

Shine On Silver Moon
Oct 24th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Garuda Indonesia Tennis Series - 4th leg in Solo organized by Sportama

QF - singles:

WC-Angie d 3-Beatrice Gumulya 75 62:eek:
2-Ayu Fani d 7-Laili R Ulfa 62 75
4-Jessy Rompies d 8-Karyn Emeralda 61 63:sad:
1-Lavinia Tananta d Rekyan Woro 60 61

www.sportama.com/apps/

Shine On Silver Moon
Oct 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Garuda Indonesia Tennis Series 4th leg

doubles - SF:

(1) Angie/Ayu d Beatrice/Cynthia Melita 16 64 10-3:eek::lol:

(2) Lavinia/Jessy d Rekyan Woro/Novita 61 60

FYI, all the gals at BMW camp - currently there are Ayu, Lavinia, Jessy, Beatrice and Cynthia...coz Sandy is touring in the US now...for 3 weeks, they have been trained by Tarik Benhabilles - former coach of Roddick and Golovin...Tarik is in Solo watching his gals...:)

Rising Sun
Oct 24th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the updates Adji! :)

Any particular reason for Angie's participation? Just for fun? :confused: :lol:

BTW, Sandy's into the QF at $25K Augusta. :cool:

Shine On Silver Moon
Oct 26th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Thanks for the updates Adji! :)

Any particular reason for Angie's participation? Just for fun? :confused: :lol:

BTW, Sandy's into the QF at $25K Augusta. :cool:

Angie is playing indeed just for fun...:lol:

SF - Singles:

(1) Vivin d (4) Jessy 64 26 63 - Jessy is such an error machine:o
(2) Ayu d WC- Angie 63 62 - Angie just let the balls passed by when it was too far for reaching...:o:help::lol:

Final - Doubles:

(2) Vivin/Jessy d (2) Ayu/Angie 64 46 10-7

Yes, actually Sandy reaches her only 3rd final of 25K in her career since October 2000...:D

Yayuk/Romana into finals in 2 weeks...:eek:

Rising Sun
Oct 27th, 2008, 09:18 AM
Angie is playing indeed just for fun...:lol:

SF - Singles:

(1) Vivin d (4) Jessy 64 26 63 - Jessy is such an error machine:o
(2) Ayu d WC- Angie 63 62 - Angie just let the balls passed by when it was too far for reaching...:o:help::lol:

Final - Doubles:

(2) Vivin/Jessy d (2) Ayu/Angie 64 46 10-7

Yes, actually Sandy reaches her only 3rd final of 25K in her career since October 2000...:D

Yayuk/Romana into finals in 2 weeks...:eek:
Sandy's won $25K Augusta :D
Good luck in India. :cool:

Adji, are you thinking of another player? I don't recall Sandy reaching a $25K final before last year. She would've been only 14 in 2000. :lol:

Rising Sun
Oct 27th, 2008, 09:21 AM
http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories...h_481088.shtml

Gumulya takes control to earn second pro title

After a three-hour semifinal, Sandy Gumulya prepared for another grueling match in the final.

She needn't have worried.

Eighth-seeded Gumulya simply waited for Tetiana Luzhanska to make unforced errors on her way to winning the Comcast ITF Women's Challenger at the Club at Raes Creek on Sunday. And they came frequently -- 27 in the first set -- as Gumulya won 6-0, 7-6 (5). Gumulya had only seven unforced errors in the first set.

"Actually, my strategy is make her run first," said Gumulya, who is from Jakarta, Indonesia.

She ditched that strategy when third-seeded Luzhanska, a 24-year-old native of Kiev, Ukraine, tried slugging her forehand, mostly out.

Gumulya reeled off eight consecutive games before Luzhanska got on the board.

"I came out nervous," said Luzhanska, who is ranked No. 217 in the world. "I was trying to finish off the points too quick."

After five years on the pro tour, the 22-year-old Gumulya, ranked No. 255, said she has learned to be more patient.

"I mix up the balls," she said. "I slice it, come in to the net."

Gumulya was forced to employ more of an all-court game in a semifinal marathon against American Audra Cohen, an NCAA singles champion at the University of Miami in 2007, before winning 5-7, 6-4, 7-5.

In the second set, Luzhanska started to find the range on her forehand, breaking Gumulya in the third game. She held serve to tie it at 2.

They remained on serve until Luzhanska hit a forehand volley to break Gumulya and go up 5-4. But Luzhanska reverted to hitting unforced errors, losing her serve at love.

Gumulya wasted a match point in the 11th game, and Luzhanska forced a tiebreaker on a forehand winner.

In the tiebreaker, Gumulya sprinted to a 4-0 lead on three unforced errors by Luzhanska and a forehand winner. Luzhanzka rallied to trail 6-5 but hit a forehand long to end it.

Gumulya, who won her second pro title and earned $2,900, said she'll train for two weeks before resuming competition in India.

-----

Title is slightly incorrect. It's her 2nd $25K title, but she's won 6 $10Ks so it should be 8th pro title.

auntie janie
Oct 27th, 2008, 11:30 AM
Congrats to Sandy! Great week. :hatoff:

Harju.
Oct 27th, 2008, 04:15 PM

Adji, are you thinking of another player? I don't recall Sandy reaching a $25K final before last year. She would've been only 14 in 2000. :lol:
She did reach final @ $25K Traralgon and won $25K Pune. :p

Hard to see her winning Pune since the competition is so much stronger. Hopefully she has enough points to play Australian Open again next year.

PS : Ayu won another national tournament beating Vivin in the final. Good to see them being coached by Tarik B.

Rising Sun
Oct 27th, 2008, 10:00 PM

Hard to see her winning Pune since the competition is so much stronger. Hopefully she has enough points to play Australian Open again next year.

PS : Ayu won another national tournament beating Vivin in the final. Good to see them being coached by Tarik B.
Yeah, I meant before those 2 events last year. :lol:

Shine On Silver Moon
Oct 29th, 2008, 04:34 PM

I meant that Sandy began to play 10K in October, 2000...my sentence was...she reached only her 3rd 25K final in her career since October 2000...So???

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 29th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Congrats Sandy and Romana/Yayuk for winning the ITF Augusta 25K Doubles Title! ! :bounce:

Shine On Silver Moon
Oct 30th, 2008, 02:09 PM

PS : Ayu won another national tournament beating Vivin in the final. Good to see them being coached by Tarik B. Tarik trained BMW gals and boys till last week...effectively only 2 weeks...He's gone back home now...:D

Rising Sun
Oct 31st, 2008, 10:33 AM
I meant that Sandy began to play 10K in October, 2000...my sentence was...she reached only her 3rd 25K final in her career since October 2000...So???
Oh, I thought you meant it was her 3rd $25K final (since making her 1st $25K final) as she started playing even earlier - July 2000. :lol:

Anyway, this is only her 4th full year on the tour, so I hope she'll continue to improve gradually.

Rising Sun
Oct 31st, 2008, 10:35 AM
Tarik trained BMW gals and boys till last week...effectively only 2 weeks...He's gone back home now...:D
It was only a 2-week contract? How short... :o

Rising Sun
Nov 3rd, 2008, 09:49 AM
Sandy's withdrawn from the 2 Indian events. Wonder why, 'coz her ranking's going to plummet now. :shrug: :mad:

Golindz
Nov 4th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Sandy :sad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Nov 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Oh, I thought you meant it was her 3rd $25K final (since making her 1st $25K final) as she started playing even earlier - July 2000. :lol:

Anyway, this is only her 4th full year on the tour, so I hope she'll continue to improve gradually. Yeah, the reason why I wrote since October 2000, coz at the time I typed it I just clicked from October 2000 till now in her ITF profile:o:lol:

Shine On Silver Moon
Nov 4th, 2008, 02:43 PM
It was only a 2-week contract? How short... :o That's all the agreement he had but he will return...

Shine On Silver Moon
Nov 4th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Sandy's withdrawn from the 2 Indian events. Wonder why, 'coz her ranking's going to plummet now. :shrug: :mad: I don't bother anymore to ask Sandy's dad...or the other players at the elite camp coz they always have same answer...Well, who knows maybe she is injured...The last info I got...Sandy is still tired after US tour...but maybe she will play Manila 10K...I do not understand why withdrew from Pune then to play Manila???:eek:

From early part of the year, I heard that the tour financial management is handled by Big Mama's daughter...and she is quite strict...I know that she does not understand tennis...Maybe...just my thought...since the elite camp management thought that Sandy's ranking will plummet anyway...so, they made her to play Manila then...We will see...I bet, if Sandy goes to Imelda land then she will ask for wild card...:tape:

Shine On Silver Moon
Nov 11th, 2008, 03:27 AM
Sandy withdrew from Pune and Kolkata since she was selected into "Reliable Athlete Program" organized by State Ministry of Youth and Sport Affairs. This ambitious project is selecting more than 200 athletes from various sports. Sandy is the only one for women's tennis despite other players' application. Coach is the one and only Suzanna. This week Sandy has to go through outbound training with other athletes. The purpose of the program is to prepare athletes for multi events such as SEA Games, Asian Games etc. If an athlete does not perform, he or she can be kicked out of the program.:confused::rolleyes::help:

wawanaza
Nov 12th, 2008, 03:14 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Rising Sun
Nov 13th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Sandy withdrew from Pune and Kolkata since she was selected into "Reliable Athlete Program" organized by State Ministry of Youth and Sport Affairs. This ambitious project is selecting more than 200 athletes from various sports. Sandy is the only one for women's tennis despite other players' application. Coach is the one and only Suzanna. This week Sandy has to go through outbound training with other athletes. The purpose of the program is to prepare athletes for multi events such as SEA Games, Asian Games etc. If an athlete does not perform, he or she can be kicked out of the program.:confused::rolleyes::help:
Thanks for the news Adji :)

:help: :tape:
When you say 'perform' do you mean participate in the program, or get good results in general?

1 step forward, 2 steps back as usual for Sandy :rolleyes:

Anyway, Sandy's entered $75K+H Toyota. Do you think she'll be able to play? :confused:

kfh_9118
Nov 13th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Sandy, please pay $75K Toyota and try to make the quali list for AO

What a stupid program, might be good for other sports, but tennis? :tape: :help:

Shine On Silver Moon
Nov 15th, 2008, 05:12 AM
Thanks for the news Adji :)

:help: :tape:
When you say 'perform' do you mean participate in the program, or get good results in general?

1 step forward, 2 steps back as usual for Sandy :rolleyes:

Anyway, Sandy's entered $75K+H Toyota. Do you think she'll be able to play? :confused:

Yes, meaning good results. She was first selected coz for now this program began with athletes with gold medal prospect so Sandy got in. But I have found out that Sandy was too tired after US tour so she missed this outbound training...I believe she keeps on practicing for Japan 75K...By joining this program, each athlete will get fund for their tours...Prior to the outbound, each athlete had to go through physical fitness test, psychological test etc...Obviously Sandy was in bad shape due to fatigue...:rolleyes:

Shine On Silver Moon
Nov 15th, 2008, 05:15 AM
Sandy, please pay $75K Toyota and try to make the quali list for AO

What a stupid program, might be good for other sports, but tennis? :tape: :help: Well, by being part of this program, Big Mama can allocate her cash to other needs??? Her daughter is the manager now for all the tennis gals at the elite camp...She is very strict in managing the fund...:eek:

Shine On Silver Moon
Nov 15th, 2008, 05:18 AM
The 2nd line players for this government program: Ayu, Jessy and Beatrice...:)

Shine On Silver Moon
Nov 30th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Alfamart Cup - 5th serie of Garuda Indonesia Tennis Series organized by Sportama - Nov. 23-30, 2008
Women's singles

1st round

(1)Lavinia Tananta d. (Q) Lauren Lang 60 60
(Q) Pradita Debby d. Vannesa Gunawan 63 64 :(
Nancy Metriya d Dina Azwar 62 76(7)
(8) Laili Rahmawati Ulfa d. Cynthia Wibawa 60 61

(4) Liza Andriyani d. Ajeng Aquinia 60 60
Dewi Fortuna (Q) d. Agustina Wibisono 63 61 - sisters' act:lol:
(Q) Voni Darlina d. Kely Restiana Putri 61 26 63
(7) Priscilla Anggreny d. Rekyan Woro 62 64

(6) Mia Sacca d. (WC) Jean Valeria 63 60 :mad:
(WC) Angelique Widjaja d. Tria Rizki Amelia 61 63:kiss:
Cynthia Melita d. Nadya Syarifah 62 76(7):kiss:
(3) Grace Sari Ysidora d. (LL) Vita Taher 60 60:kiss:

(5) Septi Mende d. Dwi Aryana 61 61
(WC) Dina Karina d. Feronika Katarina 61 60
Dwi Rahayu Pitri d. Puspa Ratih 61 61
(2) Jessy Rompies d. (WC) Nadia Frederika 46 61 63:eek:

2nd round

(1)Lavinia Tananta vs (Q) Pradita Debby 60 62
Nancy Metriya lost to (8) Laili Rahmawati Ulfa 16 16

(4) Liza Andriyani d Dewi Fortuna 61 62
(Q) Voni Darlina lost to (7) Priscilla Anggreny 46 62 36

(6) Mia Sacca lost to (WC) Angelique Widjaja 26 06:kiss:
Cynthia Melita lost to (3) Grace Sari Ysidora 06 16:kiss:

(5) Septi Mende d (WC) Dina Karina 64 63
Dwi Rahayu Pitri lost to (2) Jessy Rompies 16 16

QF

(1)Lavinia Tananta d. Laili Rahmawati Ulfa 61 61
(4)Liza Andriyani d. Priscilla Anggreny 62 64
(WC)Angelique Widjaja d. (3)Grace Sari Ysidora 75 75 - real final, lots of winners from both players:kiss: 2 hours 7 minutes
(2)Jessy Rompies d. (5)Septi Mende 61 61

SF
(4) Liza d (1) Lavinia 46 61 75:kiss:
(WC) Angie d (2) Jessy 63 76(11):kiss:

Final
(WC) Angie d (4) Liza 63 62:kiss:

Shine On Silver Moon
Nov 30th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Doubles
1st round

(1) Liza Andriyani/Angelique Widjaja d Bella Destriana/Laili Rahmawati Ulfa 62 61
Voni Darlina/Vita Taher lost to Dwi Rahayu Pitri/Tria Rizki Amalia 36 16
(4) Priscilla Anggreny/Nancy Metriya d Anandia Celline/Sry Yusnanny walk over
Dina Azwar/Feronika Katarina lost to Dwi Aryana/Kely Restiana Putri 16 46

Vannesa Gunawan/Jean Valeria d Ajeng Aquinia/Puspa Ratih 61 62
(3) Septi Mende/Grace Sari Ysidora d Nadia Frederika/Cynthia Melita 60 62
Pradita Debby/Dina Karina d Lauren Lang/Agustina Wibisono 75 06 10-7
(2) Jessy Rompies/Lavinia Tananta d Dewi Fortuna/Cynthia Wibawa 62 60

QF

(1) Liza Andriyani/Angelique Widjaja d Dwi Rahayu Pitri/Tria Rizki Amalia 64 64 :eek:
(4) Priscilla Anggreny/Nancy Metriya d Dwi Aryana/Kely Restiana Putri 62 63

Vannesa Gunawan/Jean Valeria lost to (3) Septi Mende/Grace Sari Ysidora 26 16 :kiss:
Pradita Debby/Dina Karina lost to (2) Jessy Rompies/Lavinia Tananta 16 06

SF

(1) Liza Andriyani/Angelique Widjaja d. (4) Priscilla Anggreny/Nancy Metriya 61 61 :kiss:
(3)Septi Mende/Grace Sari Ysidora d. (2)Jessy Rompies/Lavinia Tananta 76(6) 63 :eek::kiss:

Jessy/Lavinia:help:

Final

(1) Angie/Liza d (3) Septi/Grace 61 62;)

Shine On Silver Moon
Nov 30th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Angie played only 4th serie and this last one...results: SF and winner so she is through into Garuda Indonesia Masters from December 9-14, 2008

Series race:

1. Ayu
2. Liza
3. Lavinia
4. Angie
5. Grace - the youngest
6. Sandy
7. Lutfiana
8. Septi
9. Jessy
10. Laili
Only 8 players in Masters with 2 alternates

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 30th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Nice going ANGIE! :D:bounce:

WonderfulLee
Dec 1st, 2008, 02:41 AM
so with Lutfiana is not in Indonesia, Jessy will replace her?

its nice to see Angie win another tournament....even its local....

Adjie, is there any come back plan from her? i think she busy with her bussiness and never think about play for tour again?

Buitenzorg
Dec 2nd, 2008, 12:10 AM
Congrats Angie, I hope with both National Titles [single & doubles] would boost your confident to comeback play at WTA Pro ;)

andre_janis
Dec 3rd, 2008, 06:58 PM
Wow. Angie is playing again.
I don't care how small the tournament is. At least we could see Angie on court. ;-)

Stay healthy, Angie.

Shine On Silver Moon
Dec 4th, 2008, 02:59 PM
Nadia Ravita, 14 years old has been trained at ITA, Delray Beach, Florida since July 2008 - Nadia is daughter of former national players Hawin Sutopo & Luky Tedjamukti

Delray Junior Super Series
Dates: November 22-24, 2008 Divisions: BG18-16sd Hosting Site: Delray Swim & Tennis Club
201 W Atlantic Ave
Delray Beach, FLU-16
1st rd d (5) Gabriella Phillips USA 61 60
2nd rd d Tiffany Superstein USA 60 60
QF (4) Kealia Reynolds USA 26 62 62
SF Melissa Kandinata INA 61 60
F (6) Daria Sharapova RUS 62 61:kiss:

At Eddie Herr U-14 this week, Nadia advanced into R32 (draw 128) after defeating (12) Diana Bogolii UKR 16 63 75 in R64

In R128 Nadia def. Carla L Sandri BRA 61 60

While Kandinata ended in R64 after she lost to (10) Anna Shkudun UKR 16 36

In U-16 WC- Christina Limantoro of Surabaya lost to (15) Monica N Turewicz 26 16 in 1st round or R64

In U-18 or ITF Grade 1, (4) Beatrice Gumulya d Kyra Shroff IND 61 61 in R64

then in R32 she defeated Katarena Paliivets CAN 75 61

In R16 she will face Monika Tumova CZE

At Solo Grade 4 in 2006, in the final Bea lost to Monika 36 16

Shine On Silver Moon
Dec 9th, 2008, 07:34 PM
News on "Garuda Indonesia Tennis Masters", visit: tenmuscogen.blogspot.com

Thanks!!!:cool:

Harju.
Dec 9th, 2008, 08:08 PM
News on "Garuda Indonesia Tennis Masters", visit: tenmuscogen.blogspot.com

Thanks!!!:cool:
A very strong line up at the Series Final though it's kinda :lol: to see Sandy playing here. Eight players are divided into two groups

Cenderawasih
(1) Ayu Fani Damayanti
(4) Angelique Widjaja
(6) Sandy Gumulya
(7) Septi Nindya Yutami Mende.

Merak
(2) Liza Andriyani
(3) Lavinia Tananta
(5) Grace Sari Ysidora
(8) Jessy Rompies.

And my bold prediction for SF will be Sandy (C#1) vs Grace (M#2) and Ayu (C#2) vs Liza (M#1).

Tomorrow match between Angie vs Sandy is going to be fun. Adjie, I hope you're watching and give us full reports.

Double
(1) Ayu Fani Damayanti/Liza Andriyani vs (3) Angelique Widjaja/Sandy Gumulya :eek:
(2) Lavinia Tananta/Jessy Rompies vs (4) Grace Sari Ysidora/Septi Nindya Yutami Mende.

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 9th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Good Luck tomorow Angie! :bounce:

Shine On Silver Moon
Dec 9th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Felix, ru back in the kingdom of grandpa Lee??? I will try to give full reports lach yauw...;)

Ayu is definitely the most likely to go to SF...:)

Harju.
Dec 11th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Cenderawasih
Day 1
(1) Ayu Fani Damayanti def. (7) Septi Mende 6-1 6-1 :D
(6) Sandy Gumulya def. (4) Angelique Widjaja 6-4 6-3 :sobbing:

Day 2
(1) Ayu Fani Damayanti def. (6) Sandy Gumulya 7-5 6-1 :yeah: :lol:
(4) Angelique Widjaja def. (7) Septi Mende 6-3 6-4 :hearts:

Standings
1. Ayu 2 0 4 0 24 8
2. Angie 1 1 2 2 19 19
3. Sandy 1 1 2 2 18 19
4. Septi 0 2 0 4 9 24

If Angie beats Ayu and Sandy beats Septi, then it will come down on the set W/L.

Merak
Day 1
(2) Liza Andriyani def. (8) Jessy Rompies 1-6 6-4 4-5 ret. :D
(3) Lavinia Tananta def. (5) Grace Sari Ysidora 6-4 6-1 :sad:

Day 2
(5) Grace Sari Ysidora def. (2) Liza Andriyani 1-6 6-2 6-1 :D :sad:
(3) Lavinia Tananta def. (8) Jessy Rompies 6-2 7-5.

Standings
1. Vivin 2 0 4 0 24 12
2. Liza 1 1 3 3 20 28
3. Grace 1 1 2 3 18 21
4. Jessy 0 2 1 4 23 25

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 11th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Cmoooon ANGIE ! :bounce:

Harju.
Dec 12th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Day 3
(1) Ayu Fani Damayanti def. (4) Angelique Widjaja 6-2 6-1 :sad:
(6) Sandy Gumulya def. (7) Septi Mende 6-0 6-4.

Wow, Ayu is in AWESOME form.

Merak
Day 3
(3) Lavinia Tananta def. (2) Liza Andriyani 4-6 6-2 6-2 :sad:
(5) Grace Sari Ysidora def. (8) Jessy Rompies 3-6 6-4 7-6(4) :D:D

Semifinal

Ayu Fani Damayanti vs Grace Sari Ysidora
Sandy Gumulya vs Lavinia Tananta

Angie :sad:

Shafanovic.
Jan 27th, 2009, 01:32 AM
http://tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=368591

Check the thread guys. I want to know how many Indos there are in this board.

Rising Sun
Jan 28th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Bea got to the 3R of AO Juniors. Good effort to live up to her seeding. :)

Rising Sun
Feb 4th, 2009, 12:57 PM
Good win for Indonesia over Uzbekistan. :)

Although I was mainly watching the AUS vs KOR matches (due to the lack of adequate seating on other courts), I saw bits and pieces of the 2 singles matches.

Ayu vs Ekshibarova was a long-winded match. Took about 2.5 hours to complete, and filled with UEs. Ayu fought really hard after being down 0-2 in the 3rd set. Vlada was so desperate, she even tried serving underarm at least once. :tape:

Sandy vs Akgul was also a hard fought match. From what I saw of her last year, I think Sandy's improved. She served quite a few aces, and I liked how she tried coming to the net to finish the point. Akgul took a bathroom break after the 2nd set, and came out firing to win the 3rd set.

They'll play India tomorrow, then New Zealand on Friday.

A bit early, but any idea where they'll be playing after this week? I read that it's unlikely they'll play the Cigna Open. :confused:

Harju.
Feb 4th, 2009, 03:43 PM
Yay to INA. I really didn't expect them to win a match but I guess lady luck is on our side by being in the weaker group and bunch of top players not playing.

I have confidence that they'd be able to beat India handily. And might even have a chance to beat NZ :eek:. Good luck girls.

The last I read, Sandy said she'd be concentrating more on 25Ks and 50Ks (unless of course Mama Martina orders her to play 10K in Indonesia).

Bea is playing Cigna though.

Harju.
Feb 4th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Found this pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v314/felixk/Latihanc.jpg

Clockwise from left : Jessy Rompies, Sandy Gumulya, Lavinia Tananta, Suzanna Anggarkusuma, Ayu Fani Damayanti

Rising Sun
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Great pic :lol:

INA beat IND 3-0 :D

I was hoping UZB would beat NZL since they'd have a better chance, but I still think they have a shot tomorrow.

I would only play Sandy & Ayu tomorrow, unless they manage to seal the tie 2-0, then use Vivin & Jessy for the dead rubber. I was actually surprised they used Vivin instead of Ayu for the 1st singles today.

BTW, Mama Martina is also in Perth. :tape: Quite a large entourage, actually. :eek:

Harju.
Feb 5th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Did you watch any match today, Luke?

Vivin did beat Ayu the last time they met. I hope they'd play Ayu tomorrow since she's a more experienced Fed Cup player and it's a crucial match to win. We lost 0-3 last year to NZL after beating AUS 2-1. So hopefully no letdown from the girls.

Mama Martina's daughter, Paquita Widjaja is now the manager of Fed Cup team :lol:. She told one of the local newspaper yesterday that Sandy was playing someone who looked like a man (Akgul :tape: ). Like mother like daughter?

Rising Sun
Feb 5th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Unfortunately, they were on Court 4 today. Only Courts 1 & 2 have adequate seating. The other courts all have high fences with a black gauze, which made it near impossible to watch any of the matches.

I caught a few points between Vivin vs Sanaa early in the 2nd set. Vivin seemed to have trouble with Sanaa's loopy balls, and didn't seem to be playing very well. She managed to win, so I guess she must've started playing better afterwards. How does she usually play? :confused:

BTW, Sandy's right knee is bandaged. I hope it's nothing serious, since she's had surgery before... :scared:

I'm hoping they'll play on Court 2 tomorrow, since it'll be the decider for the final...

Harju.
Feb 5th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Sandy was injured the last time she played @ the national even which she retired against Vivin in the SF. She withdrew from India events afterwards.

The last time I saw Vivin, she's pretty much a baseline player? with not much power. I don't know how much she has improved since then.

Rising Sun
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Sorry for not updating yesterday. As you are all aware, INA lost 1-2 to NZL.

I saw the 2nd set between Ayu and Dianne Hollands. Hollands is underranked and had 2 solid wins already. I don't remember much, except it was really close and Ayu had to fight hard. I think Hollands may have also been leading at one point.

I only saw the 1st set between Sandy vs Erakovic. Sandy had good initiative, and seemed to have a plan. Only problem was executing the plan. She worked hard to construct the point, only to have it end in a close error. Erakovic's experience proved to be the biggest factor.

The doubles match was a shame. Ayu and Sandy didn't seem to communicate and position themselves very well during the point. While at the net, quite often Ayu had no clue where Sandy was at the baseline, which left one half of the court to be wide open. Also there were too many baseline rallies. Too many high balls were also kept in play by not finishing it with a drive volley or smash.

Overall, I think it was a good week for them. They finished 4th overall, out of 8 countries which is commendable after the doubts at the beginning. :lol:

BTW, the entourage was very vocal, which was good to see. Probably the most vocal among teams shouting, "Ayo... Ayu!", "Satu lagi", etc. Even Mama Martina chanted "Satu... satu" at least one time. :tape:

Rising Sun
Feb 7th, 2009, 12:55 PM
http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/image.aspx?assetid=RDM39850.5729160417&blobType=landscape

Pic from the dinner. Any idea who the man and the woman between Vivin and Suzanna are? :confused:

Harju.
Feb 7th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Sorry, Luke. Can't help ya with the photo. Perhaps Adjie will come and rescue us.

I thought Liza Adriyani should have been called for Fed Cup since her and Ayu is a solid pair. But you know Mama Martina only cares about her own team.

Good to know that Sandy is improving. I doubt she'd ever hit top 100 in her career. Last I heard/read, Ayu has regressed?

I see Sandy is committed to 50K Clearwater. I supposed she's going to US this spring! Good for her.

I guess Ayu and Vivin would only play the Asia satellites?

Shine On Silver Moon
Feb 9th, 2009, 06:05 AM
http://www.tennis.com.au/pages/image.aspx?assetid=RDM39850.5729160417&blobType=landscape

Pic from the dinner. Any idea who the man and the woman between Vivin and Suzanna are? :confused: Both are Suzanna's assistant for coaching...The man is Surya Wijaya and is still active player in national circuit, in the 30s I assume...The woman is former player, Marieke, is Suzanna's confidant...:lol: She used to go to uni in Florida...:rolleyes:

Rising Sun
Feb 13th, 2009, 01:07 PM
Thanks Adji :)

Sandy's pulled out from $50K Clearwater, but I see on her $25K Fort Walton Beach. No idea why she pulled out... :(

I don't see anyone's names on $25K Sydney. Would have been good for Ayu, Vivin, etc to play there followed by the 3 $10Ks in NZL. I'll bet they're gonna wait around for the Indonesian ITF events in April... :rolleyes:

It's also strange that they're not playing Cigna this week...

Shine On Silver Moon
Feb 15th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks Adji :)

Sandy's pulled out from $50K Clearwater, but I see on her $25K Fort Walton Beach. No idea why she pulled out... :(

I don't see anyone's names on $25K Sydney. Would have been good for Ayu, Vivin, etc to play there followed by the 3 $10Ks in NZL. I'll bet they're gonna wait around for the Indonesian ITF events in April... :rolleyes:

It's also strange that they're not playing Cigna this week... Ayu, Vivin, Jessy will play NZL 10Ks...
Based on source inside Pelti, Suzanna did not include "Cigna Open" in her program for the girls but Jessy's mom entered her daughter despite Suzanna's warning...No wonder, Suzanna drilled her the other day after Jessy played bad against Dina Karina...I wrote all about "Cgina Open" in my blog...

Harju.
Feb 16th, 2009, 05:28 PM
If anyone wants to know, Jessy Rompies won Cigna Open after she defeated Grace Sari Ysidora 6-4 6-2.

In the semifinal, Grace managed to beat Beatrice Gulmuya 6-2 6-1.

And like Adjie said, Vivin, Ayu and Jessy are going to play 10Ks @ NZL as a "present" for doing well @ Fed Cup :lol:.

Shine On Silver Moon
Feb 18th, 2009, 12:55 PM
If anyone wants to know, Jessy Rompies won Cigna Open after she defeated Grace Sari Ysidora 6-4 6-2.

In the semifinal, Grace managed to beat Beatrice Gulmuya 6-2 6-1.

And like Adjie said, Vivin, Ayu and Jessy are going to play 10Ks @ NZL as a "present" for doing well @ Fed Cup :lol:. details story of Cigna Open in my blog, btw Grace d Bea 63 61

Rising Sun
Feb 24th, 2009, 11:34 AM
Based on the latest entry lists, Sandy pulled out of $25K Fort Walton Beach, and will be playing $10K North Shore with Ayu, Vivin & Jessy.

Since her ranking is now borderlining with the Top 300, I don't think it's wrong to play a few $10Ks. However, she should have entered $25K Sydney beforehand. Bizarre scheduling indeed... :tape:

I wonder why Bea won't join them. She's already 18, so she should stop playing juniors already... :o

Shine On Silver Moon
Feb 27th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Based on the latest entry lists, Sandy pulled out of $25K Fort Walton Beach, and will be playing $10K North Shore with Ayu, Vivin & Jessy.

Since her ranking is now borderlining with the Top 300, I don't think it's wrong to play a few $10Ks. However, she should have entered $25K Sydney beforehand. Bizarre scheduling indeed... :tape:

I wonder why Bea won't join them. She's already 18, so she should stop playing juniors already... :o there has been some speculation that post Fed Cup, Big Mama's second daughter Paquita took over the tour program...so, goodbye USA trip...Sandy is member of PAL or National Athlete Program, so she might use the fund from PAL...While Bea is trapped into typical of Big Mama's program...same as Jessy last year...she has to utilize her final year to play junior tourneys...reaching top 10, I think...after Jakarta grade 2, she will take a week off then heading to Sarawak G1, Manila G1 as far as I know...

Shine On Silver Moon
Feb 27th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Grace's upcoming schedule:

Jakarta Grade 2, Thailand G1, Sarawak G1 and Manila G1 - with target of breaking into top 100s as she is now at ITF 130...

Grace just got new racquet sponsorship from Prince International...congrats!:cool:

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 1st, 2009, 07:03 PM
Grace's upcoming schedule:

Jakarta Grade 2, Thailand G1, Sarawak G1 and Manila G1 - with target of breaking into top 100s as she is now at ITF 130...

Grace just got new racquet sponsorship from Prince International...congrats!:cool:
Congrats, Grace as ur now ranked at ITF 65!:kiss:
She will be 3rd seed at Indore B1 next week (it'll begin on April 6th) then she will join Junior Fed Cup team with Cynthia Melita & Rekyan Woro to compete in Asia Oceania qual in Australia...Then she will play Balikpapan 25K (April 27 - May 3), Tarakan 10K (May 4-10) and on May 22nd off to Brussels to be on time for Astrid Bowl, Roland Garros, Offenbach, Halle, Roehampton and Wimby! Good luck!:D

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 1st, 2009, 07:05 PM
Big Mama's gals next schedule:
Sandy - Balikpapan 25K, Tanjung Selor 25K
Ayu, Lavinia, Jessy and Beatrice - Balikpapan 25K, Tarakan 10K, Tanjung Selor 25K, Manado 10K

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 1st, 2009, 07:06 PM
Romana entered Balikpapan, Tarakan and Tanjung Selor, I hope she will come!:worship:

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 1st, 2009, 07:11 PM
Speaking of Angelique Widjaja - she began her training yesterday...:eek: morning and afternoon including physical training...I saw her from distance...;) I assume she will play "Indonesia Tennis Series" the first leg which will start on April 19, 2009 in Rasuna Tennis Club (owned by very wealthy Aburizal Bakrie who financed Yayuk Basuki, Liza Andriyani in the past and now Nadia Ravita at ITA)...I heard that if Angie is ready then, she will play Balikpapan 25K...yes, she will return to play singles...tough indeed...:)

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 2nd, 2009, 05:16 AM
Manado 10K is cancelled...:o:lol: too ambitious Menadonese tennis people at the local association and the local government as well...:p

Rising Sun
Apr 2nd, 2009, 05:25 AM
Congrats, Grace as ur now ranked at ITF 65!:kiss:
She will be 3rd seed at Indore B1 next week (it'll begin on April 6th) then she will join Junior Fed Cup team with Cynthia Melita & Rekyan Woro to compete in Asia Oceania qual in Australia...Then she will play Balikpapan 25K (April 27 - May 3), Tarakan 10K (May 4-10) and on May 22nd off to Brussels to be on time for Astrid Bowl, Roland Garros, Offenbach, Halle, Roehampton and Wimby! Good luck!:D
Good scheduling from Grace. Should be a great experience playing in Europe! :cool:

Rising Sun
Apr 2nd, 2009, 05:26 AM
Big Mama's gals next schedule:
Sandy - Balikpapan 25K, Tanjung Selor 25K
Ayu, Lavinia, Jessy and Beatrice - Balikpapan 25K, Tarakan 10K, Tanjung Selor 25K, Manado 10K
Really sucks that they clash with other events in Asia including $25Ks in Korea and $50Ks in Japan. :(

Wonder why they don't have the $25Ks back to back, rather than have the $10K in middle? It would allow players with a higher ranking like Sandy to play elsewhere sooner...

Rising Sun
Apr 2nd, 2009, 05:26 AM
Speaking of Angelique Widjaja - she began her training yesterday...:eek: morning and afternoon including physical training...I saw her from distance...;) I assume she will play "Indonesia Tennis Series" the first leg which will start on April 19, 2009 in Rasuna Tennis Club (owned by very wealthy Aburizal Bakrie who financed Yayuk Basuki, Liza Andriyani in the past and now Nadia Ravita at ITA)...I heard that if Angie is ready then, she will play Balikpapan 25K...yes, she will return to play singles...tough indeed...:)
Wow, it'd be pretty amazing if Angie does return to play singles. :eek:

Rising Sun
Apr 2nd, 2009, 05:28 AM
Manado 10K is cancelled...:o:lol: too ambitious Menadonese tennis people at the local association and the local government as well...:p
Is there a particular reason why they're not holding any events in Jakarta? One would think it'd be the most feasible to hold it there...

kfh_9118
Apr 2nd, 2009, 06:02 AM
Hopefully Angie's return to single will come true and be successful.
I lost hope on Sandy and Ayu

Grace is probable the only hope for INA tennis in the future

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 2nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Really sucks that they clash with other events in Asia including $25Ks in Korea and $50Ks in Japan. :(

Wonder why they don't have the $25Ks back to back, rather than have the $10K in middle? It would allow players with a higher ranking like Sandy to play elsewhere sooner... Yeah, I prefer 10K first then back to back 25K...:cool:

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 2nd, 2009, 03:34 PM
Is there a particular reason why they're not holding any events in Jakarta? One would think it'd be the most feasible to hold it there... Well, Jakarta will have 10K in early August. Big Mama as President of Indonesia Tennis Association wants to look good so she let outer islands to host tourneys as part of her campaign to promote tennis throughout the country...As for Manado, Tennis Diva should be upset...her new hotel won't get income as it was planned to be the official hotel for 10K...:lol:

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 2nd, 2009, 03:36 PM
Hopefully Angie's return to single will come true and be successful.
I lost hope on Sandy and Ayu

Grace is probable the only hope for INA tennis in the future Angie is likely to obtain wc md in Balikpapan 25K and Tarakan 10K...:) the big question, is she ready to return to the routines of training as before???:confused:

Harju.
Apr 2nd, 2009, 07:58 PM
I still believe in Ayu.
She has potential but she just lacks match experience. She was always playing the local tournaments before joining the PELTI camp and now that she gets to travel more, she could easily reach a new career rank this yea - barring any injury.

Good luck to Grace. Playing in Europe will be a whole different competition + atmosphere but it'd be a great experience for her, nonetheless.

Rising Sun
Apr 3rd, 2009, 03:28 PM
I refuse to give up on any player until they've played a full schedule injury-free, at least. None of them have done that yet. :sad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 4th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Angie is likely to obtain wc md in Balikpapan 25K and Tarakan 10K...:) the big question, is she ready to return to the routines of training as before???:confused: it is official as Angie is now listed in Balikpapan 25K, Tarakan 10K, and Tanjung Selor 25K...interesting!:eek:

Rising Sun
Apr 4th, 2009, 10:03 AM
it is official as Angie is now listed in Balikpapan 25K, Tarakan 10K, and Tanjung Selor 25K...interesting!:eek:
:eek:

Are the preliminary lists available somewhere?

kfh_9118
Apr 4th, 2009, 02:34 PM
it is official as Angie is now listed in Balikpapan 25K, Tarakan 10K, and Tanjung Selor 25K...interesting!:eek:

:eek: :woohoo:

If she is doing well in all three Challengers, she will have a ranking again ;)

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 5th, 2009, 02:49 AM

Are the preliminary lists available somewhere? No, but I have an access to its list...

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 5th, 2009, 02:50 AM
:eek: :woohoo:

If she is doing well in all three Challengers, she will have a ranking again ;) I do not expect much from Angie...if she reaches 2nd round in each tourney, sure will be enough to get new ranking...her physical fitness is in big question along with accuracy...

Rising Sun
Apr 5th, 2009, 03:38 AM
No, but I have an access to its list...
That's great! :)

How are the lists looking so far? Hopefully a good number of higher-ranked international players, too. :)

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 5th, 2009, 10:46 AM
That's great! :)

How are the lists looking so far? Hopefully a good number of higher-ranked international players, too. :) for Balikpapan 25K some notable players such as Adamczak is the highest at 263 but only priority 5, Sandy at 289 but she will be 294 tomorrow I guess, Fuda at 334 but prio 3, Boffa at 344 is prio 1, Zhang Ling at 352 is prio 1, 357 Romana is prio 1, 361 Ploy is prio 1, 415 Riner is prio 2, Natsumi Hamamura at 428 but prio 4, Chen Yan Chong at 429 is prio 1 and more for sure...:cool:

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 8th, 2009, 02:26 AM
withdrawals as per April 7, 2009:

Sandy - due to knee injury - withdrew Balikpapan & Tanjung Selor 25Ks...bye bye top 300s:help:

Angie, after she evaluated her training, she decided to withdraw from all East Kalimantan series - she needed to sharpen her physical fitness:confused:

Rising Sun
Apr 8th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Sandy :sobbing: I hope she won't have to have another knee surgery...

Angie :shrug: I still think she should have played. The field probably won't be that strong, and she could have gained a ranking at the end of the series.

kfh_9118
Apr 8th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Angie :(

so any idea what's her plan now, Adji?

Harju.
Apr 8th, 2009, 12:07 PM
Poor Sandy. Injury after injury.
Though I think that she has done quite well for herself so far with her career.

Angie :lol:
I wish her all the luck if she decides to come back. But it's going to be tough since the tour is more demanding now. It's going to take a while for her to get back where she was.

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Yesterday I stopped by at the infamous Pelti (Indonesia Tennis Association) and I met Deputy Secretary General of Pelti...you know Big Mama has her loyal cronies in the regime and they are mostly over 60 years old LOL:help: I asked to DSG about Manado 10K and he said that it will be moved to Jakarta. I voiced my opinion about such stupid scheduling and he told me that each local association such as Balikpapan, Tarakan, etc did not want to move the dates...I conveyed DSG that it was Pelti's job to advice to them and to give clear picture what's circuit all about...Pelti is dumb of course and by having tourney, Pelti gets money from each tourney whether local or international level...Yeah, from each tourney Pelti requires the tourney to pay 25 million rupiahs...

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 16th, 2009, 11:57 PM
LOL as warm-up Vivin, Ayu, Jessy/Eci, Beatrice/Bea are playing "Jakarta Governor Cup 2009" and sure, today they play QF...they are the top four seeds...poor girls, total prize money of this tourney for women only less than 44 million rupiahs...:p Singles' winner will get only 6 million rupiahs...Some cynical fans said that back then Ayu was known as local champion but now Big Mama let her girls to stay as local champs as usual...Except Ayu, the three of Big Mama camp will play Sportama 1st leg or known as "Garuda Indonesia Tennis Series"...

So far, Grace Sari Ysidora did not enter this 1st leg of Sportama but Sportama management kept persuading her to enter with wild card...Grace is now playing Junior Fed Cup in Shepparton, Victoria and she prefers to practice as prep for Balikpapan 25K...Her coach is desperate to make her play Sportama...:confused: For sure, Grace's schedule will be tight with Euro summer tour including Roland Garros, Wimby then after that she will play Canadian Open, US Open...

Rising Sun
Apr 17th, 2009, 06:54 AM
Yesterday I stopped by at the infamous Pelti (Indonesia Tennis Association) and I met Deputy Secretary General of Pelti...you know Big Mama has her loyal cronies in the regime and they are mostly over 60 years old LOL:help: I asked to DSG about Manado 10K and he said that it will be moved to Jakarta. I voiced my opinion about such stupid scheduling and he told me that each local association such as Balikpapan, Tarakan, etc did not want to move the dates...I conveyed DSG that it was Pelti's job to advice to them and to give clear picture what's circuit all about...Pelti is dumb of course and by having tourney, Pelti gets money from each tourney whether local or international level...Yeah, from each tourney Pelti requires the tourney to pay 25 million rupiahs...

Where in Jakarta is PELTI located?

Was the schedule thing you mentioned about having the $10K between 2 $25Ks? If so, good one :p

Any idea where in Jakarta they'll hold the $10K? Kemayoran, Senayan, or Sultan Hotel?

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 17th, 2009, 07:11 AM

Where in Jakarta is PELTI located?

Was the schedule thing you mentioned about having the $10K between 2 $25Ks? If so, good one :p

Any idea where in Jakarta they'll hold the $10K? Kemayoran, Senayan, or Sultan Hotel? Pelti office is located in Senayan Sport Complex or Gelora Bung Karno area. I told Pelti, it'd better to have 2 of 10Ks in a row then 2 of 25Ks afterwards...Where else? At stinky Kemayoran coz it is owned by Big Mama, no need to pay rent for the courts...:tape:

Rising Sun
Apr 17th, 2009, 01:25 PM
According to the ITF site, Mando is now officially cancelled.

I thought it'd just say, "Moved to Jakarta"

Hopefully they'll update it again soon...

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 18th, 2009, 05:21 AM
"Jakarta Governor Cup" QF

(1) Lavinia Tananta d Mia Sacca 64 62

(4) Beatrice Gumulya d (WC) Nadya Syarifah 60 62:o

(3) Jessy Rompies d Laili Rahmawati Ulfa 64 46 75:eek:

(2) Ayu Fani Damayanti d 13 years old (WC) Voni Darlina 61 62:(

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 19th, 2009, 08:20 AM
"Jakarta Governor Cup 2009"

SF:

(4) Beatrice Gumulya d (1) Lavinia Tananta 46 76(3) 61:sad:

(2) Ayu Fani Damayanti d (3) Jessy Rompies 62 63

Vivin began to have cramp on her leg then she asked for medical time out in the 2nd set, but she did not want to retire so she kept on playing and lost

Final: (1) Ayu d (4) Bea 61 63 - expected outcome

Rising Sun
Apr 19th, 2009, 09:57 AM
No surprises there. Congrats Ayu :)

Poor Vivin :sad:

Rising Sun
Apr 26th, 2009, 10:50 AM
$25K Balikpapan is under way.

What a shame that neither "knee surgery queens" Sandy nor Angie will play, 'coz the cutoffs are quite low. :sad:

Harju.
Apr 26th, 2009, 07:03 PM
And Angie just won 1st leg of Sportama by beating Bea and Vivin along the way :lol:. Future INA tennis is kinda sad seeing Angie who hasn't been playing for ages is still able to win.

Rising Sun
Apr 27th, 2009, 04:56 AM
And Angie just won 1st leg of Sportama by beating Bea and Vivin along the way :lol:. Future INA tennis is kinda sad seeing Angie who hasn't been playing for ages is still able to win.
Sad indeed. :o

C'mon Angie, make a full comeback already. :lol:

Shine On Silver Moon
Apr 30th, 2009, 07:22 AM
As per April 27, 2009 ITF has officially selected 15 yo Grace Sari Ysidora to join ITF International A Team for Euro tour. So, Grace will be fully funded by ITF in her longest tour ever and she will leave for Amsterdam on May 15, 2009. Her highest rank was at ITF 48 (April 13, 2009).

The tour schedule is comprised of:

Trofeo Bonfiglio Grade A, Milan, Italy - May 18-24, 2009
Astrid Bowl Grade 1, Charleroi, Belgium - May 25-30, 2009
Roland Garros Grand Slam - May 31 to June 7, 2009
17th Int'l Junior Tournament of Offenbach Grade 1, Germany - June 9-14, 2009
Grass Court Training in Roehampton, UK - June 15-20, 2009
AEGON Int'l Grade 1, Roehampton, UK - June 21-26, 2009
The Championships Grand Slam, Wimby, UK - June 28 to July 5, 2009

All the best Grace! Angie got the same ITF invitation when she was 16 years old in 2001 and last year Jessy Rompies when she was already 18 years old also got the same opportunity.

Rising Sun
Apr 30th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Fantastic opportunity for Grace! Good luck :cool:

Adji, how do you think she'll fare on clay and grass?

Harju.
Apr 30th, 2009, 02:39 PM
I like Grace, but there are always excuses from her and management when she loses almost every week :lol:. Anyhoo, it shows that she's still lacking in physical aspect and that is why I feel that she'd struggle on clay.

Rising Sun
Apr 30th, 2009, 03:05 PM
I like Grace, but there are always excuses from her and management when she loses almost every week :lol:. Anyhoo, it shows that she's still lacking in physical aspect and that is why I feel that she'd struggle on clay.
Yeah, I've noticed she's "cramping" often. Hopefully she'll work on her conditioning...

Harju.
May 1st, 2009, 02:14 PM
Just read that Ayu-Fani Damayanti might be playing the US challengers. Not sure who would be accompanying her. I'm hoping it's going to be Sandy.

Rising Sun
May 24th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Just read that Ayu-Fani Damayanti might be playing the US challengers. Not sure who would be accompanying her. I'm hoping it's going to be Sandy.
According to the latest entry lists, Ayu, Vivin, Ecy & Bea will be playing $10K Bangkok next, so it doesn't look like Ayu will be going to the States after all...

Any updates on Sandy's knee injury? She pulled out from $25Ks in Korea/Japan, so it looks pretty serious... :sad:

Harju.
May 24th, 2009, 04:13 AM
I guess they changed their minds after Ayu didn't perform well in the next two tournaments :lol:. Plus, I supposed they wanted to wait for Sandy to recover.

No news of Sandy that I know of.

Shine On Silver Moon
May 29th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Well, Sandy is still injured...

There will be new national tourney called "Piala Kapolri" or "Indonesian Police Chief Cup" and it will be held from June 14-21, 2009 at Sultan Hotel. Total prize money is 350 mil rups for categories of men's singles, men's doubles, women's singles, women's doubles, mixed doubles plus veteran's men and women doubles...So, it looks big chunk of money but for 7 categories...

Yayuk Basuki will play I heard...:eek:

pcrtennis
Jun 3rd, 2009, 06:55 AM
Is Yayuk ranked in doubles?

Rising Sun
Jun 3rd, 2009, 11:15 AM
Well, Sandy is still injured...

There will be new national tourney called "Piala Kapolri" or "Indonesian Police Chief Cup" and it will be held from June 14-21, 2009 at Sultan Hotel. Total prize money is 350 mil rups for categories of men's singles, men's doubles, women's singles, women's doubles, mixed doubles plus veteran's men and women doubles...So, it looks big chunk of money but for 7 categories...

Yayuk Basuki will play I heard...:eek:
Thanks for the news. :)

Yayuk playing singles too, or just doubles?

monopoly
Jun 3rd, 2009, 08:44 PM
Does anyone know of a website for a magazine called "Tennis Sports" in Indonesia? I saw an issue from November 2008 with Maria Sharapova on the cover, but I cannot find a website for it. I have found some information (such as the tabloidtennis@yahoo.com email on the cover of the magazine), but I have not received a response. If anyone knows of websites where I can get more information about it, or if there are other tennis magazines from Indonesia, please let me know. Here is the only webpage I can find about it.....

http://koleksikemalaatmojo.blogspot.com/2008/12/majalah-bar-tennis-sports-tahun-2008.html

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 4th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Is Yayuk ranked in doubles? Yes, as at May 25, 2009 - at 250s

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 4th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Thanks for the news. :)

Yayuk playing singles too, or just doubles?
She will play doubles and mixed doubles

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 5th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Does anyone know of a website for a magazine called "Tennis Sports" in Indonesia? I saw an issue from November 2008 with Maria Sharapova on the cover, but I cannot find a website for it. I have found some information (such as the tabloidtennis@yahoo.com email on the cover of the magazine), but I have not received a response. If anyone knows of websites where I can get more information about it, or if there are other tennis magazines from Indonesia, please let me know. Here is the only webpage I can find about it.....

http://koleksikemalaatmojo.blogspot.com/2008/12/majalah-bar-tennis-sports-tahun-2008.html I can assure, there is no website of Tennis Sports

Rising Sun
Jun 13th, 2009, 06:07 PM
Ayu unsurprisingly won $10K Bangkok. :)

She entered $25K Xiamen, but pulled out since she would've played 3 weeks in Thailand prior. :rolleyes:

She can't afford to not play these $25K+ events in Asia since there are so few of them... :(

Harju.
Jun 21st, 2009, 05:54 PM
Ayu won another 10K in Pattaya, but already withdrew from this week's 10K.
Wonder what's her next schedule.

pindica
Jun 22nd, 2009, 04:45 AM
any indonesian here?

Golindz
Jun 22nd, 2009, 04:53 AM
^:wavey:

pindica
Jun 23rd, 2009, 09:28 AM
^^
punya facebook ga?

Golindz
Jun 25th, 2009, 06:00 AM
cek pm bro :)

Shine On Silver Moon
Jun 25th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Ayu won another 10K in Pattaya, but already withdrew from this week's 10K.
Wonder what's her next schedule.

Ayu will play at PON Tennis in Senayan (clay courts) from June 27, 2009 as an anchor for Jakarta team then with Lavinia, Jessy, Bea, she will play Sportama 2nd leg from June 30, 2009..on newly renovated plexi pave (changed from rotten rebound ace).:)

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 6th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Not a surprise to see Ayu is entering Jakarta and Solo 10K...:o Must be an order from Big Mama but actually it was wonderful program managed by the everlasting coach Suzanna...:mad: They will make Ayu as queen of 10K like Sania Mirza???:confused:

Big Mama always wants her girls to dominate any event in Indonesia for the sake of saving her scary face...:lol:

Ayu just won Sportama 2nd leg yesterday by defeating Vivin Tananta 76 63...

Also listed in 10Ks on Java: Rompies, Tananta, younger Gumulya, Grace Sari Ysidora and more local players...

Rising Sun
Jul 7th, 2009, 01:49 PM
What a joke that Ayu still has to play these $10Ks, like Lee Jin-A in Korea... :mad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 7th, 2009, 03:35 PM
ITF just chose Grace Sari Ysidora again to be in ITF A team for North America tour...I assume, she will play Montreal Grade 1, USO and Kentucky Grade 1...
No wonder, after her three grueling sets' defeat vs 10th seed Camila Silva in round 64 at Wimby, ITF Executive Director personally congratulated her for a good fight and said, "Please keep-up your play until US Open."

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 8th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Sandy just entered both Jakarta and Solo 10Ks...under pressure to defend the points, winner and runnner-up:eek:

Rising Sun
Jul 8th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Sandy just entered both Jakarta and Solo 10Ks...under pressure to defend the points, winner and runnner-up:eek:
It might be a good idea to return with $10Ks due to her ranking and lack of match play. Just hope her knee holds up. :scared:

Shine On Silver Moon
Jul 21st, 2009, 09:39 AM
LOL:lol: Ayu was forced to withdraw from Solo 10K so that Sandy could become the winner...typical M-y W-ay camp!!!:help:

Rising Sun
Jul 21st, 2009, 12:39 PM
LOL:lol: Ayu was forced to withdraw from Solo 10K so that Sandy could become the winner...typical M-y W-ay camp!!!:help:
Either that or she's taking that week off before playing the $25Ks in China. ;)

Anyway, I don't think there's much for Ayu to gain in playing $10Ks anymore...

Harju.
Aug 1st, 2009, 07:00 AM
Ayu, unshockingly :lol:, won another 10K in Jakarta. That's like her forth 10K title this year.

I'm kinda glad that she withdrew from Solo because like Luke said, she is just above 10K level.

Harju.
Aug 1st, 2009, 07:02 AM
Is Ayu still the step-child in PELTI? It seems weird that MW funded Sandy's trip to US last year while Ayu still has to play this 10Ks.

Shine On Silver Moon
Aug 4th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Is Ayu still the step-child in PELTI? It seems weird that MW funded Sandy's trip to US last year while Ayu still has to play this 10Ks. I bet, after Sandy is back in form then she will travel far away together with Ayu...I think, Ayu needs to win several more 10Ks to qualify Aus Open qualifying...LOL...:lol:

Shine On Silver Moon
Aug 27th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Upon Grace Sari Ysidora's return from Wimby, she got notification from ITF to be part of its A team again to North America.

Prior to her departure, she got sponsorship from Reebok for attire, shoes, bags/backpacks, caps/visors, socks and Prince International for racquet from the headquarter in London, UK

She left for Montreal yesterday (Aug. 24) via Singapore and Frankfurt. She will play Canada Open, US Open and Kentucky. Then she will be trained at ITA in Delray Beach as preparation for World Group Final Junior Fed Cup in San Louis Potosi, Mexico from Sept. 29 to Oct. 4, 2009

From then on she will be trained at Evert Academy in Boca Raton, Florida until she plays Eddie Herr (nov. 30 - Dec. 6) and Orange Bowl (Dec. 7-13)

All d best, Ysidora!!!:kiss:

Shine On Silver Moon
Aug 27th, 2009, 12:56 PM
What a shocking news!!!!:eek::fiery:

Big Mama alias Martina Widjaja on her birthday yesterday fired Suzanna, her hubby Tintus and Suzanna's assistant Marieke Gunawan from her coaching team of her camp...Also Ayrton, Suzanna's only son - was fired from SEA Games squad due to indisciplinary problem...Ayrton is known as the king of wild card...

Gosh, finally Martina woke-up from her long sleeping beauty...:tape::tape:

Rising Sun
Aug 27th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Upon Grace Sari Ysidora's return from Wimby, she got notification from ITF to be part of its A team again to North America.

Prior to her departure, she got sponsorship from Reebok for attire, shoes, bags/backpacks, caps/visors, socks and Prince International for racquet from the headquarter in London, UK

She left for Montreal yesterday (Aug. 24) via Singapore and Frankfurt. She will play Canada Open, US Open and Kentucky. Then she will be trained at ITA in Delray Beach as preparation for World Group Final Junior Fed Cup in San Louis Potosi, Mexico from Sept. 29 to Oct. 4, 2009

From then on she will be trained at Evert Academy in Boca Raton, Florida until she plays Eddie Herr (nov. 30 - Dec. 6) and Orange Bowl (Dec. 7-13)

All d best, Ysidora!!!:kiss:
Good experience for her. :)

Rising Sun
Aug 27th, 2009, 02:40 PM
What a shocking news!!!!:eek::fiery:

Big Mama alias Martina Widjaja on her birthday yesterday fired Suzanna, her hubby Tintus and Suzanna's assistant Marieke Gunawan from her coaching team of her camp...Also Ayrton, Suzanna's only son - was fired from SEA Games squad due to indisciplinary problem...Ayrton is known as the king of wild card...

Gosh, finally Martina woke-up from her long sleeping beauty...:tape::tape:

What do you think of this split, Adji? I really wonder why Mama Martina would make such a huge decision to fire all 3 of them?! They seemed like one big happy family at Fed Cup this year. :tape:

I wonder who will take over coaching duties now? :confused:

Shine On Silver Moon
Aug 28th, 2009, 02:55 AM

What do you think of this split, Adji? I really wonder why Mama Martina would make such a huge decision to fire all 3 of them?! They seemed like one big happy family at Fed Cup this year. :tape:

I wonder who will take over coaching duties now? :confused:

All these years Big Mama had been hypnotized by Suzanna or she likes to be called Anna but w/o Kournikova of course...Big Mama had been very generous everytime Anna pretended wanted to leave her camp...then everytime it happened, Big Mama gave her salary increment...all these years...even Anna's mom stayed at Big Mama's compound...Money was everything for Anna...Money manipulation was no secret all these years...Anna was simply God like there...she could say different things to her big boss...truly character of a crook...hahaha a woman Nazi many people say...the girls always feel stressful in the morning before training...they never enjoy what they get...Finally, Big Mama got sober, I guess...she called a family meeting with her old hubby and two daughters to discuss what she would do with trio A-nna T-intus M-arieke (ATM coz they have dug so much dollars from Big Mama)...then Big Mama met with her key officers within Pelti...Anna's son was selected into SEA Games squad...indeed a controversy...so, he was sent to Thailand for training but the coach hired by Pelti found him lack of discipline...The boy decided to return to Jakarta...and he was asked to leave the team...then the father's turn to say "I prefer to protect my only son"...so I also resigned...he said so...then Anna was interogated and she chose to do so...so, automaticaly Marieke had to be out, too though she is now still in Nonthaburi with the girls...

For the near future - SEA Games, the women's team will be coached by former player Mr Murdono - over 60 years old with assistant Mr. Wijaya...but I foresee that Romana will be asked by Big Mama to fill such position for the camp...

Rising Sun
Aug 28th, 2009, 12:48 PM
I had no idea Anna had that much influence over Mama Martina. I thought it was the other way around. :tape:

Poor Mama :sobbing:

The players don't actually stay in Mama's estate, do they?

Shine On Silver Moon
Aug 28th, 2009, 01:08 PM
I had no idea Anna had that much influence over Mama Martina. I thought it was the other way around. :tape:

Poor Mama :sobbing:

The players don't actually stay in Mama's estate, do they? Trio ATM, especially the first two...could say different things as I said...then they could say bad things about their boss to other people...Many tennis enthusiasts here know how bad they have been...

Players must stay at the estate for sure...They can leave after 1 pm on Saturday, then they must return by 6 pm on Sunday...

Rising Sun
Aug 28th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Wow, I wonder how many players stay at her estate then. It really must be HUGE. :eek:

I tried looking for the estate on Google Maps to see how big it is, but couldn't find it. Only Ragunan Zoo. :lol:

Shine On Silver Moon
Aug 30th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Wow, I wonder how many players stay at her estate then. It really must be HUGE. :eek:

I tried looking for the estate on Google Maps to see how big it is, but couldn't find it. Only Ragunan Zoo. :lol: Big Mama's house is located on a big land...a major big house...houses for her two daughters with their families...a number of rooms for guests and players...modern gym...swimming pool...3 tennis courts ( 1 court is indoor)...and some noisy swans...Yes, her house is right behind Jakarta Zoo...

Rising Sun
Sep 1st, 2009, 12:57 PM
Team Mama Martina have entered the $25Ks in Darwin.

Ayu & Sandy in the MD, while Ecy & Vivin are close to the cutoffs.

Definitely a great decision to play there since it's close to home. :)

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 2nd, 2009, 01:24 AM
Team Mama Martina have entered the $25Ks in Darwin.

Ayu & Sandy in the MD, while Ecy & Vivin are close to the cutoffs.

Definitely a great decision to play there since it's close to home. :) Sandy has withdrawn from the 1st leg...:confused: Eci is in MD, Vivin is Qual #2...

Rising Sun
Sep 18th, 2009, 01:27 PM
Interview with Alicia Molik in Darwin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoES-JRMRRc

I can see Vivin, Ecy and Ayu in the background. :lol:

Good effort from Vivin and Ayu this week reaching the QF. No shame in losing to the top seed, and Molik. :)
Vivin was so close to upsetting Rogowska though... :sad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 22nd, 2009, 03:46 AM
Makinohara 25K R32 (1) Yayuk Basuki/Hwang I-Hsuan def. Kim Na-Ri/Lee Jin-A 62 64

Darwin 25K R32 Vivin def. (1) Shannon Golds 63 63:eek:

Shine On Silver Moon
Sep 22nd, 2009, 03:54 AM
Grace Sari Ysidora just completed her ITF team tour at Kentucky Grade 1 and now she is reaching career high at ITF 42 (per September 21, 2009) and also she is reaching her highest rank at WTA 781 per 09/21/2009 after 3 tourneys this year.

Last Saturday, Grace arrived in Miami then she continued her trip to ITA, Delray Beach as she was going through preparation till Sept. 25, 2009 for Junior Fed Cup World Group in Mexico. She will leave for San Luis Potosi on Sept. 26 and she will be there till October 4, 2009. Then she will be trained at Evert Academy - in the midst of her camp, Grace will play South Carolina Grade 2 in Lexington from November 2, then Eddie Herr Intl Grade 1 from November 30 and finally she will play Orange Bowl from December 7, 2009. She will arrive back in Jakarta on December 17, 2009 and she has to go through training as preparation for Aussie tour in early 2010.

kfh_9118
Oct 2nd, 2009, 04:37 AM
Sandy Gumulya is on the entry list for a couple of 25K Aussie Challenger. Wondering why Ayu doesn't join Sandy? :confused: Also the 100K Tokyo tournament is pretty weak, what a wasted opportunity for INA players to earn easy points there. After all, they can accompany Yayuk there :)

Adji, do you know what's Ayu schedule next?

Rising Sun
Oct 2nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
I agree. Why Ayu & Vivin didn't accompany in Sandy this time to Australia is beyond me. A huge opportunity to gain easy points is being wasted. Not forgetting the fact that they are both in good form. :banghead:

I wonder if Sandy will travel on her own to Australia? :confused:

Shine On Silver Moon
Oct 6th, 2009, 02:14 AM
Henry & Luke,

Based on the reliable source...one of top officers in Pelti...apparently BMW had decided to stop to finance Sandy's tour a year ago...But only until recently she left her camp...BMW came to the decision that Sandy did not make a significant progress all these years...plus her injuries...So, yes Sandy is on her own for South Aussie tour...So, Sandy is no longer Big Mama's golden gal...:oWhile Ayu, Vivin and Eci/Jessy are financed by PAL (a program by State Minister of Youth and Sports) as preparation for SEA Games...

This week Ayu, Vivin and Eci are playing "Sportama" 3rd leg in Tegal, Central Java...so do Romana :eek:and Bea...It is such a weak field without Sandy, Grace, Laili...In this "Garuda Indonesia Tennis Series", a player must play 3 series at the minimum to be eligible to play Masters...Two more legs left...next will be in Palembang, South Sumatra and Solo, Central Java...I can bet...Ayu, Vivin and Eci will play all these domestic tourneys...Another tourney will be on Nov. 16 onwards... it is called "Manggabarani Cup"...I heard that the total prize money will be 350 million rups...The Tourney Director is Yayuk Basuki...Meanwhile Yayuk's tour is her own agenda as she is targeting to play Aussie Open for doubles...

Rising Sun
Oct 7th, 2009, 01:31 AM
Thanks. That's really :eek: news.

That would explain why she was by herself at $75K+H Toyota last year. Then again, she travelled with the others to NZ and Thailand.

What I don't get is Mama Martina's reasoning to stop funding her tour. She won a $25K event in the States this time last year, won the gold medal at the SEA Games in 2007, plus has been ranked No.1 nationally, before Ayu finally took over this year. Injuries haven't helped either... I'm curious if she'll still be selected for Fed Cup & SEA Games.

Could Mama Martina be having $$$ difficulties herself? :confused: :eek:

Is Bea still in Team Mama Martina? I'm guessing Mama Martina won't offer her facilities anymore either... :o

It might be for the best though. Hoping she'll be able to fund her own tour independently, like Angie, Diana & Eveline used to.

Frustrating that Ayu and Vivin have to play domestic tourneys, when their form has been pretty good. $$$ talks I guess. :sad:

Shine On Silver Moon
Oct 15th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Last Monday (October 12, 2009) at the presscon of WTA Bali - Big Mama made fool of herself...she volunteered to translate all Kevin Livesey's information to the audiences...Yeah, Big Mom said that Wickmayer is an old player...a veteran...she had played Pattaya she recalled...LOL...Livesey got confused...

Btw, Sportama 4th leg will be held next week (from Oct. 20) in Palembang, South Sumatra...Ayu, Vivin, Eci/Jessy, Romana, Beatrice and Angie will participate in this tourney...

Last week in Tegal at Sportama 3rd leg, Angie did not play...

QF: (1) Ayu d Vita Taher 60 61
(2) Vivin d Michelle Julia Sanger 63 62
(5) Romana d (3) Eci 62 36 76(2):rolleyes:
(4) Bea d Rani Fitria Wardhani 75 26 62:confused:

SF: (1) Ayu d (4) Bea 63 63
(5) Romana d (2) Vivin 63 64

Final: (1) Ayu d (5) Romana 62 57 60:eek:

Kevin.
Oct 15th, 2009, 04:20 AM
whos mama martina and all of these people?

Also I saw Yayuk is some entry lists...is she plannin a singles comeback again?

Shine On Silver Moon
Oct 26th, 2009, 03:39 AM
whos mama martina and all of these people?

Also I saw Yayuk is some entry lists...is she plannin a singles comeback again?

Mama Martina is Mrs Martina Widjaja an Indonesian business tycoon and she has been in Indonesia Tennis Association for over 20 years and now she is in her second term as its President...

Yayuk is only playing doubles...not singles as far as I know...

Shine On Silver Moon
Oct 26th, 2009, 03:43 AM
Recent "Bukit Asam Open" in Palembang, South Sumatra or "Sportama" 4th leg...

QF
1-Ayu d 8-Dede Tari Kusrini score unknown
7-Romana d 3-Jessy 64 63:o
4-Beatrice Gumulya d 5-Cynthia Melita 46 61 63
2-Lavinia d 6-Laili Rahmawati Ulfa 62 60

SF
7-Romana d 1-Ayu 3-4 retired due to knee injury
2-Lavinia d 4-Beatrice 63 63

Final 2-Lavinia d 7-Romana 62 36 61

Doubles Final 1-Ayu/Lavinia d 2-Jessy/Beatrice 63 60

Final leg or 5th leg of Sportama series will start on Tuesday, October 27, 2009 in Solo, Central Java

kfh_9118
Oct 26th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Adji, will Angie play on the 5th leg of Sportama?
Last time she was considering playing some challengers, I guess this is not in her agenda now? Wish she could give it one more try and come back in 2010.

Wondering why Ayu pulled out from $100K Taipei? Is she still injured?

Shine On Silver Moon
Oct 26th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Adji, will Angie play on the 5th leg of Sportama?
Last time she was considering playing some challengers, I guess this is not in her agenda now? Wish she could give it one more try and come back in 2010.

Wondering why Ayu pulled out from $100K Taipei? Is she still injured?

Henry, it is hopeless and useless to talk about Angie...At Palembang she played only for exhibition and I doubt she will return to play for pro at all...She is busy with her Sportama...finding sponsors...

Ayu pulled out from TPE 100K several days before the withdrawal deadline...back then she was not injured...Now, she is resting to heal her knee injury...

Btw, in Aussie in January 2010 as far as I know - we will have only Grace Sari Ysidora at AO Junior...After bringing Indonesia Junior Fed Cup team at 9th place, Grace has been trained very hard at ITA in Delray Beach, Florida...She has been treated well as she is only hitting with boys in the morning and with a coach only in the afternoon...She has been going through rigorous physical training along with mental development by a sport psychologist...Grace will play 4 more tourneys in USA (G2, G1, GA) and Mexico (G1)...until December 15, 2009...

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 7th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Incase you guys didn't know, Yayuk is playing in Taipei ( 100k+H ) this week with Riza Zalameda :). They won their match yesterday and will face the #2 seeds later today for a spot in the Finals...

QF: Basuki/Zalameda (INA/USA) d. Sema/Sema (JPN) 63 63

GOOD LUCK! :bounce:

CrossCourt~Rally
Nov 7th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Taipei:SF: Basuki/Zalameda (INA/USA) d. (2)C.Chan/Yan (TPE/CHN) 64 62

Next up: The #1 seeds Y.Chan/Chuang... GOOD LUCK! :bounce: