Mauresmo - Capriati

F

Conchita - Mauresmo

cooolconchita
Mar 9th, 2003, 03:56 PM
I think EXACTLY the same as Conchitamagica - LOL :kiss:

Aphrodite
Mar 9th, 2003, 03:58 PM
I think Hantuchova will crumble from the pressure, but that is just my believe, anyway I wish her the best:)

Qf

Clijsters - Maleeva
Coetzer - Rittner
Mauresmo - Davenport
Shaughnnesy - Capriati

Sf

Clijsters - Coetzer
Davenport - Capriati

F

:(Clisters - Davenport

Davenport:D

Hercules
Mar 9th, 2003, 03:59 PM
lol VAMOS CONCHITA!!!

GrahamD
Mar 9th, 2003, 04:08 PM
Conchita to beat Daniela?? :confused: :confused:

You are joking, right? :devil:

That's one of the funniest things I've read for ages!! :D

Adios Conchita :wavey:

ghosts
Mar 9th, 2003, 04:19 PM
QF

Clijsters - Maleeva
Hantuchova - Martinez
Mauresmo - Davenport
Shaughnnesy - Capriati

SF

Maleeva - Hantuchova
Mauresmo - Shaughnessy

F

Maleeva - Shaughnessy

kimclijsters4ever
Mar 9th, 2003, 04:23 PM
QF

Clijsters (1) - Rubin (8)
Hantuchova (3) - Martinez (26)
Mauresmo (5) - Davenport (4)
Shaughnnesy (23) - Capriati (2)

SF

Clijsters (1) - Hantuchova (3)
Davenport (4) - Capriati (2)

F

Clijsters (1) - Capriati (2)

And with Clijsters as winner this time, i hope :)

Hercules
Mar 9th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Conchita to beat Daniela?? :confused: :confused:

You are joking, right? :devil:

That's one of the funniest things I've read for ages!! :D

Adios Conchita :wavey:

YOU ARE VERY FUNNY

VAMOS CONCHITA!!!

Monica_Rules
Mar 9th, 2003, 04:50 PM
I think Bovina has a chance at beating Lindsay

Kim_for_number_1
Mar 9th, 2003, 05:26 PM
I agree with Kimclijsters4ever, but I'm not sure kim will come out as the winner of the finals. but I think clijsters-capriati would make a good final
let's hope soooo.... :bounce:

Gunter
Mar 9th, 2003, 06:23 PM
QF

Clijsters - Sugiyama
Hantuchova - Martinez
Mauresmo - Bovina
Shaughnessy - Capriati

SF

Clijsters - Martinez
Bovina - Capriati

F

Clijsters - Capriati

Winner: Kim Clijsters :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :wavey:

GrahamD
Mar 9th, 2003, 11:28 PM
Way to go Conchita ;)

Three zip to Rittner, first set :devil:

:wavey:

GrahamD
Mar 9th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Way to go Conchita ;)

Three zip to Rittner, first set :devil:

:wavey:

Conchita loses the first set without troubling the scorers :devil:

Byeeeee!!!! :wavey:

setpoint
Mar 10th, 2003, 01:58 AM
QUARTERFINALS
C Rubin vs K Clijsters
D Hantuchova vs C Martinez
A Maueresmo vs L Davenport
J Capriati vs M Shaughnessy

SEMIFINALS
C Rubin vs D Hantuchova
L Davenport vs J Capriati

FINALS
C Rubin vs L Davenport

WINNER
C Rubin

DiZZiA
Mar 10th, 2003, 01:58 AM
Whoever become the finalist from the bottom half will be the winner of this tournament......

1. Capriati
2. Davenport
3. Mauresmo
4. Bovina

patricio
Mar 10th, 2003, 02:23 AM
Conchita def. Rittner 3/6 6/3 6/3
If Martinez is focused there's no reason why she cant beat Daniela. She hits the ball hard but its not overwhelming. Conchita can get her into real trouble...

Buitenzorg
Mar 10th, 2003, 02:33 AM
My Predictions

Quarter Final

(1) Kim Clijsters vs (8) Chanda Rubin
(3) Daniela Hantuchova vs Emmanuelle Gagliardi
(5) Amelie Mauresmo vs (13) Elena Bovina
Vera Zvonareva vs (2) Jennifer Capriati

Semifinal

(1) Kim Clijsters vs (3) Daniela Hantuchova
(5) Amelie Mauresmo vs (2) Jennifer Capriati

Final

(2) jennifer Capriati def (1)Kim Clijsters

~|Naomi|~
Mar 10th, 2003, 02:42 AM
I hope you are all right about Kim getting that far :)
I wish I had your confidence in her, but I think she will struggle to get past Dechy :(

Harju.
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:35 AM
Quarter Final

(1) Kim Clijsters vs (8) Chanda Rubin
(3) Daniela Hantuchova vs Emmanuella Gagliardi
(5) Amelie Mauresmo vs (4) Lindsay Davenport
(23) Meghann Shuaghnessy vs (2) Jennifer Capriati

Semi Final

(8) Chanda Rubin vs (3) Daniela Hanutchova
(4) Lindsay Davenport/(5)Amelie Mauresmo vs (2) Jennifer Capriati

Final

(8) Chanda Rubin vs (4)Lindsay Davenport/(5) Amelie Mauresmo

Winner

(4)Lindsay Davenport / (5) Amelie Mauresmo

:o I can't decide, The winner of Davenport-Mauresmo match will bethe winner :o

Gowza
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:44 AM
not many people think any of the russians will get through.

Tarsius
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:52 AM
After seeing how Daniela won against Conchita Martinez in the Fed Cup, I don't see where all this doubt about her ability to beat her again is coming from.

If she will fall, she will fall to Clijsters... or she wont fall at all.

ns_Henin
Mar 10th, 2003, 07:32 AM
QF:
Clijsters vs. Sugiyama
Hantuchova vs. Gagliardi
Mauresmo vs. Davenport
Shaughnessy vs. Capriati

SF:
Clijsters (3 sets wins over Ai) vs. Hantuchova (2 close sets over Emanuelle)
Mauresmo (3 close sets over Lindzy) vs. Capriati (2 sets over Meghann)

F: Hantuchova (2 clooose sets over Kim) vs. Capriati (3 close sets over Amelie)

W: Jennifer Capriati (2 sets over Daniela)

Good Luck:
Daniela Hantuchova (please kick Kim, please defend!!)
Amelie Mauresmo (prooves me wrong!!)
Jennifer Capriati (good luck and win ur 1st title after AO 2002)
It's Okay if 1 of them to grab this title.

caseyl45
Mar 10th, 2003, 07:47 AM
Disclaimer: I'm terrible at predicting these things. That being said, here goes nothing.

Quarterfinals: Kim Clijsters vs. Rubin/Sugiyama Kim may struggle against Dechy, but I expect her to get through. The Rubin/Sugiyama match is too close to call, though.
Daniela Hantuchova vs. Gagliardi/Martinez Daniela had a close first set in her last match, but I think she's glad to be playing in Indian Wells, and that she'll beat Coetzer. I'm not going to guess on the other match, but with a gun to my head, I think that I would go with Gagliardi, but just barely.
Amelie Mauresmo vs. Elena Bovina Amelie's been playing quite well when she's been healthy, so if she doesn't hurt herself, she'll get through. The past two years, there's been a young player break through in this tournament (2001 - Clijsters, last year - Hantuchova) I think that it's Elena's turn this year, and I think her run will start against Lindsay.
Meghann Shaughnessy vs. Jennifer Capriati Shaughnessy's playing very well right now, so I believe she'll beat Zvonareva, but it won't be a blowout. Jennifer's managed to step things up after a slow start to the year, and Dementieva's been struggling, so Capriati should win this one.

Semifinals: Clijsters vs. Hantuchova Kim will be in revenge mode if she plays Sugiyama, and she's had an easy time with Rubin, so she'll get through there. Daniela will have the easiest quarterfinal match no matter who she plays, so I expect her to get through as well.
Capriati vs. Bovina Jennifer's playing like a top five player, so I expect her to advance. Bovina's going to be brimming with confidence, and I think that it will be tough, but she'll come through against Mauresmo.

Finals: Hantuchova vs. Bovina After starting the year so well, Kim's had a bit of a rough time, and I've been impressed with Daniela's attitude at this tournament so far. Their last match was very close, and Kim won it, but I think Daniela will be less affected by the moment and will come out on top here. Elena (if I'm right about her) will have had a tough couple of matches, but Jennifer hasn't reached the finals of any tournament since August. I think that streak will continue here.

Champion: If the tournament really does end up going like this, the final match will be very close, and it may go to three sets, but I'm not sure who would win. My first instinct would be Hantuchova, because she'll definitely be the fresher of the two, but if Bovina really does get this far, then why not go one further and win the whole thing?

Caoimhe
Mar 10th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Ok, this is what I think:

QF
(1) Clijsters vs (21) Sugiyama
(3) Hantuchova vs (26) Martinez
(5) Mauresmo vs (4) Davenport
(23) Shaughnessy vs (2) Capriati

SF
(1) Clijsters vs (26) Martinez
(5) Mauresmo vs. (2) Capriati

F
(1) Clijsters vs (5) Mauresmo

this looks like it
though with momo to win the last of course! ;)

Leena
Mar 10th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Disclaimer: I'm terrible at predicting these things. That being said, here goes nothing.

Quarterfinals: Kim Clijsters vs. Rubin/Sugiyama Kim may struggle against Dechy, but I expect her to get through. The Rubin/Sugiyama match is too close to call, though.
Daniela Hantuchova vs. Gagliardi/Martinez Daniela had a close first set in her last match, but I think she's glad to be playing in Indian Wells, and that she'll beat Coetzer. I'm not going to guess on the other match, but with a gun to my head, I think that I would go with Gagliardi, but just barely.
Amelie Mauresmo vs. Elena Bovina Amelie's been playing quite well when she's been healthy, so if she doesn't hurt herself, she'll get through. The past two years, there's been a young player break through in this tournament (2001 - Clijsters, last year - Hantuchova) I think that it's Elena's turn this year, and I think her run will start against Lindsay.
Meghann Shaughnessy vs. Jennifer Capriati Shaughnessy's playing very well right now, so I believe she'll beat Zvonareva, but it won't be a blowout. Jennifer's managed to step things up after a slow start to the year, and Dementieva's been struggling, so Capriati should win this one.

Semifinals: Clijsters vs. Hantuchova Kim will be in revenge mode if she plays Sugiyama, and she's had an easy time with Rubin, so she'll get through there. Daniela will have the easiest quarterfinal match no matter who she plays, so I expect her to get through as well.
Capriati vs. Bovina Jennifer's playing like a top five player, so I expect her to advance. Bovina's going to be brimming with confidence, and I think that it will be tough, but she'll come through against Mauresmo.

Finals: Hantuchova vs. Bovina After starting the year so well, Kim's had a bit of a rough time, and I've been impressed with Daniela's attitude at this tournament so far. Their last match was very close, and Kim won it, but I think Daniela will be less affected by the moment and will come out on top here. Elena (if I'm right about her) will have had a tough couple of matches, but Jennifer hasn't reached the finals of any tournament since August. I think that streak will continue here.

Champion: If the tournament really does end up going like this, the final match will be very close, and it may go to three sets, but I'm not sure who would win. My first instinct would be Hantuchova, because she'll definitely be the fresher of the two, but if Bovina really does get this far, then why not go one further and win the whole thing?

Quality post! I suggest everyone boosts this gentleman's reputation!

caseyl45
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:38 PM
Quality post! I suggest everyone boosts this gentleman's reputation!

Gentlelady, Leena. I'm not a man - sorry. :wavey:

Harju.
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:58 PM
this looks like it
though with momo to win the last of course! ;)
Agree :D

but i don't mind if devenport win it :o

SerenaSlam
Mar 10th, 2003, 04:58 PM
the fact that it has taken jennifer over a year to figure out how to get to a final of a tournie, i doubt she can figure it out here. the fact that kim is still off her game, but luckly hasn't played a "quality" opponent, like Ai to take her to 3 sets atleast, tells me she may be a semi at the most, but i see mauresmo doing the best here, everyone has been quiet about her, but she played well in the later rounds in Paris, look for her to pick it up here as well. Really that is my pick for the tournie win, and why are you all doubting Ai? she took out Maleeva in 2 sets, if she faces kim, that is my reason as to why kim just might not advance, seeing Ai is playing well, and kim is "still off" Ai yet has another chance!

Leena
Mar 10th, 2003, 05:05 PM
Gentlelady, Leena. I'm not a man - sorry. :wavey:

Sorry, Casey. :)

jenny161185
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:53 PM
I think Bovina might beat Davnport though I think Capriati would take her out in the semi's. i hope its a jenny and kim final with capriati taking the title

caseyl45
Mar 10th, 2003, 10:15 PM
Sorry, Casey. :)

No problem - it's the Internet. You had no way of knowing.