PDA

View Full Version : LLL/atpworld shut down?

duck
Mar 8th, 2003, 11:01 AM
it says in the bugs and errors thread here that the ATP has forced the whole site to close down. I know pretty much everyone who posts in LLL posts here also, so what's the plan people? Lleytonland I guess and Rebecca offered her Tenniscult board as welll.

This is pretty pathetic. I am really glad Ll sued the ATP. He saw through them pretty quick

*sorry about posting the thread here Ingrid but it semed the obvious place. I can delete it afterwarsd if you like*

Dr. Peedy
Mar 8th, 2003, 11:15 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: OMG!! I just saw the thread in Bugs & Errors. I can't believe that the ATP would do such a thing. :eek:

Lleyton was right all along, they are a bunch of effing clowns. :fiery: :fiery: :mad:

I had a peek at the Lleytonland boards.... and they confuse me! :o :sad: :sad: :sad:

duck
Mar 8th, 2003, 11:19 AM
Lleyton was right all along, they are a bunch of effing clowns. :fiery: :fiery: :mad:

I had a peek at the Lleytonland boards.... and they confuse me! :o :sad: :sad: :sad:

He was too mild in his assessment.

On Lleytonland you have to type your entire message in the subject line (unless it's an article).

Why would any organisation shut down a site that hosts its fans?

ClijstersHewitt
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:39 PM
You've gotta be fucking kidding me.

Guys, what're we gonna do?

angele87
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:42 PM
I vote for taking refuge in the atp section of this board since it's where we were before... granted we won't have the same privacy we had at atpworld but it's better than nothing I guess...

And let me just express my :fiery: :fiery: :fiery: at the ATP and :sad: :sad: for atpworld being shut down... we lost everything we did in there... The Lleyki picture thread is gone, so is the article thread and all the links to lleyton audio/video... I can't believe it's gone :sad: :sad:

ClijstersHewitt
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:48 PM
I've started a new thread for all the LLL'ers in the ATP section ;)

thalle
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:31 PM
Hello:wavey:
Was wondering, will ATPworld come up again, or is it the end? :sad: :mad: :fiery: :eek: :confused: :(

Come-on-kim
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:47 PM
Hello:wavey:
Was wondering, will ATPworld come up again, or is it the end? :sad: :mad: :fiery: :eek: :confused: :(
The End.

F... at ATP

Elke
Mar 8th, 2003, 04:17 PM
:sad: :devil: :fiery: :mad: WTF????
Does this really have anything to do with ATP?

Scotso
Mar 8th, 2003, 05:08 PM
I can't believe this :sad:

Pinkie
Mar 8th, 2003, 05:36 PM
I can't believe this :sad:

Hope this doesn't give the WTA any bad ideas :mad:
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Stefke
Mar 8th, 2003, 06:04 PM
WTF!!:eek::mad:All the houres that we were talking about..everything:p in "The Still angry!! still love patatos!!..." thread!! It's all over:sad::sad:!

kit
Mar 8th, 2003, 06:38 PM
Oh no,I can't believe it too. :eek: :sad:

possie
Mar 8th, 2003, 08:27 PM
The End.

F... at ATP

OMG... :eek: :eek: :eek: are you serious, we are NEVER going to get back to LLL again :eek: :mad: :fiery:

thalle
Mar 8th, 2003, 08:55 PM
I could cry!! :sad:

prutske
Mar 8th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Oh no :eek: the locker room tread :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

ClijstersHewitt
Mar 8th, 2003, 10:54 PM
:wavey:

I've set up a new message board for Lleykis. Click on the link in my sig to check it out. ;)

Ashie_87
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:27 AM
:sad: :sad: OMG!!!! like how stupid is that!? :fiery: :mad: :fiery:
:eek: NO MORE LOCKER ROOM STUFF!!!! :eek: im gonna go insane! :( not happy people!
message for the atp dudes- PUT LLL BAK ON THE NET! :fiery:

Mercury Rising
Mar 9th, 2003, 02:14 PM
Can anyone explain what happened excactly, I can't really follow.

duck
Mar 9th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Can anyone explain what happened excactly, I can't really follow.

None of us know. I was on the board at 2.30am :o and when I logged in the follwing day it was gone. WTA_Amanda (the ATPworld admin) posted in the bugs and queries here that the board had been closed down because the ATP objected to it. Why they demanded this and the exact nature of their objection is a total mystery and the admins/owners of ATPworld won't say.
There have been lots of complaints emailed etc but really we are all in the dark. All we know is that Amanda categorically said the board would not be coming back and that all the threads are lost

Mercury Rising
Mar 9th, 2003, 03:16 PM
Thanx, this sucks and stinks like hell :mad:

The ATP seems to become more like a mob organisation :fiery:

zanychick
Mar 9th, 2003, 03:52 PM
so is ATPWorld gone forever then?

Emza
Mar 10th, 2003, 07:47 AM
I could cry!! :sad:
yes, this is a dark day. :sad: Not that I have ever posted on LLL, I'm just a reader. I did find the way it was set up incredibly confusing.
Hey, and I just read your signature right through for the first time. What a legend!

Chris_Martin's_woman
Mar 10th, 2003, 05:09 PM
I miss it sooo much, I would cry without this one! :sad: :sad: :fiery:

Mazza
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:29 PM
I still can't believe the ATP would do this! :fiery: We've lost everything now. The Lleyki thread, Locker room, articles, pictures, Legolas shrine, the Boggo thread... :sad:

Gonzo Hates Me!
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:30 PM
Okay, I admit, I didn't enjoy my stay at ATPworld too much! But the people at ATP are dickheads.

Gonzo Hates Me!
Mar 10th, 2003, 06:32 PM
I still can't believe the ATP would do this! :fiery: We've lost everything now. The Lleyki thread, Locker room, articles, pictures, Legolas shrine, the Boggo thread... :sad:

Wow, I never looked at it like that! And I am going to miss all the new Andy fans I met, especially roddyruudy, but I know where I can find her...

KaseyL
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:46 PM
it says in the bugs and errors thread here that the ATP has forced the whole site to close down. I know pretty much everyone who posts in LLL posts here also, so what's the plan people? Lleytonland I guess and Rebecca offered her Tenniscult board as welll.

This is pretty pathetic. I am really glad Ll sued the ATP. He saw through them pretty quick

*sorry about posting the thread here Ingrid but it semed the obvious place. I can delete it afterwarsd if you like*

:fiery: :fiery: :fiery: what the hell is that all about, closing down such a fansite? :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

& :sad: :sad: :sad: for all my posts there (even had more on atpworld than here)...

I haven't been online during the weekend (went on a little trip, hiking and such), come back online today and geez.... all of this now...

Message to Lleyton: please, keep on fighting the ATP... seems not only players are being screwed up...fans are treated like garbage ...

One piece of advice to all posters in CCL:
if you want to keep something, save the stuff on your harddrive... and don't postpone it like I did re atpworld (it was there anyway, y/s)...who knows one of these days this board might shut down as well...better be safe than sorry...
I still had so many pics and articles I wanted to save from LLL... can kiss that goodbye too... :fiery: :fiery: :fiery:

The fact of having atpworld closed is already mindblowing, but on top of that without any previous warning whatsoever... :fiery: & :sad: not even a chance of retrieving some posts or anything :sad: :sad: :sad:

And duck, it's perfectly OK to post this in here; so many CCL'rs were on LLL too.

I stop my rant now :o

duck
Mar 10th, 2003, 09:41 PM
We are all holed up the Men's Tennis thread here (it used to be the ATP thread but they had to change it). Marly has set up a new board as a trial but until then, we're on Men's tennis

Chris_Martin's_woman
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:56 AM
Hey yall, just wanted to say hey!!!! :wavey: