PDA

View Full Version : Momo vs. Tammy

TammysBigSis
Mar 8th, 2003, 01:57 AM
I just got a call from Tammy. They will be the 4th match after 10:00 a.m. on the Stadium Court.

Bonne chance, Amelie! Go, go, go Tammy!

Linnie
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:04 AM
Thanks for the info, big sis! :D

Sonja
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:05 AM
Thanks for letting us know! I hope we'll see a good match!

TammysBigSis
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:13 AM
2001 Wimbledon Grass (O) 32 Tamarine TANASUGARN 4-6 4-6
2002 Australian Open Hard (O) 32 Amelie MAURESMO 7-6(3) 6-1

I know Tammy is looking forward to this match. Last time she had to finish the match on a severely sprained ankle (she didn't want to default and disappoint the fans watching in Thailand!!!!!).

Do your best, Lil' Sis! I hear Momo's serve is booming (from Casanova's dad).

Benny
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:16 AM
Thats good, cos I have to work from 6-10 and hopefully that match won't be on till later in the day(aus time):).

GO TAMMY GO:worship:

AjdeNate!
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:36 AM
Hoping to see a good match..but slight edge to Momo

DiZZiA
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:01 AM
Amelie will win in 2!!! Sorry Tammy!!

jirobkk
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:14 AM
Let go Tammy. Do your best.

jirobkk
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:51 AM
I got this article from wtafans.com

Tanasugarn Aims for Top 20 Again
By Matthew Cronin, in Indian Wells
Special to WTAFANS.COM

Thailandís Tamarine Tanasugarn will face fifth seed Amelie Mauresmo of France in the third round of the Pacific Life Open on Saturday. Tanasugarn, who is currently ranked No. 34, believes that a stringent off-season workout program can lead her back to the top echelons of the game again. Tanasugarn, who has reached the fourth round of Wimbledon in each of the last five years and has a career high ranking of No. 19, is a rock solid aggressive baseliner with a never- say-die approach to the game. The Bangkok resident sat down with WTAFans.com after her second round win over Japaní Shinobu Asagoe.

WTAfans.com: What did you do in the off-season to improve you prospects of doing well this year?

Tanasugarn: I concentrated on my serve a lot and using more strategy, so I could adjust to different types of games.

WTAfans.com: Were you becoming too predictable?

Tanasugarn: Yes and my serve was my weak point. My serve has improved a lot and that has helped my game a lot. I donít just try to hit it hard, but I go for my serve more and try use placement and spin. I only go for it big when I comfortable. So far, so good.

WTAfans.com: Are you trying to add other elements to your game?

Tanasugarn: Iím mixing it up more. Sometimes Iím aggressive and come to the net and other times Iím trying to be more consistent.

WTAfans.com: You reached the top 20 last year and now have fallen back a bit. Does that concern you?

Tanasugarn: No. I know I need to step forward and if I do my job, anything can happen.

WTAfans.com: You are 25-years-old now. How much does experience factor into winning and losing? Are you smarter now?

Tanasugarn: You get more mature and youíre playing the right shots at the rights times. You control your emotions more and youíre mentally stronger. You keep learning and adjusting.

WTAfans.com: Is it difficult to keep motivated the older you get?

Tanasugarn: I just go out and enjoy it and try my best every time. Enjoying tennis is the most important thing to keep motivated. You have to keep enjoying it because if you push yourself too much, you become very stressed and then it just feels like a job.

WTAfans.com: You are one of the best players in the history of Thailand and certainly the best womenís player in a long time. How did that come to pass?

Tanasugarn: There arenít many clubs there but for me the most important thing was my family. My dad, Virachai, helped me a lot. My coach, Panoomkorn Pradchurnir, whoís the Thai national coach, taught for me very well, to keep focused and then I could get to the top

WTAfans.com: At what age did you know you would be good pro?

Tanasugarn: I never thought that way. I always tried my best and believed I could improve myself. When I was 19, I knew I could be good pro. When you know you try your best and keep working hard, itís easier to keep focused on how high I could get.

WTAfans.com: What are your goals for this year?

Tanasugarn: I want to break the top 20 again and to get into the
quarterfinals of Grand Slam. Grass is my favorite surface and I hope to do well at Wimbledon again.

WTAfans.com: What are your chances against Mauresmo?

Tanasugarn: Amelie is very strong and has very big stores. Iím going to go out, play my game ad try to be consistent. If my serve works it will really
help.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

Good luck Tammy. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Experimentee
Mar 8th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Good luck Tammy!

jirobkk
Mar 8th, 2003, 08:41 AM
http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/TanasugarnKids030703.jpg
(Pacific Life Open - Indian Wells)
Kids Day: Thailand's Tamarine Tanasugarn with some of her California fans

Nicky2002
Mar 8th, 2003, 10:38 AM
Thanks Khun Jiro for the article about Tammy as well as Tammy's pic. :worship:

My birthday is coming soon and I hope Tammy would give me a great gift by kick off Momo.

Go Tammy! :bounce:

bilbo
Mar 8th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Tammy :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Do your best and enjoy your game :eek: :eek:

Sorry for Momo :devil: Plz sent her back to France

Vut
Mar 8th, 2003, 11:05 AM
Good Luck TAMMY :D :D :bounce: :D :D

Nicky2002
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Je crois que Tammy peut battre Momo.

Aller Tammy! :bounce: Fait s'il vous plaÓt mon rÍve se rťalise.

Rising Sun
Mar 8th, 2003, 04:21 PM
Tammy! :hearts:

Have fun today! :bounce: