PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuelle : I think she deserves a thread !

Tennisfan-Mtl
Mar 7th, 2003, 11:48 AM
Manu was surely very impressive here last year. She has lots of points to defend :) Now, that Patty and Myriam are gone and that Marie-Gaiane isn't playing, she is the only Swiss hope left...

Prove us you are tough :D

Scotso
Mar 7th, 2003, 05:18 PM
Allez Manu!

Beat
Mar 7th, 2003, 05:43 PM
i wish you good luck, manu, you'll need it! try to defend as many points as you can :D !

AUSBOY
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:37 AM
Manu is a bit of a hot and cold player, she has a good first serve and consistent groundies. Sometimes though she isnt forceful enough though from the back of the court.

I love her though, she is one of my faves!

Her draw is opening up big time with Dokic and Pistolesi now out and she had a fighting win over 19th seed Panova today, coming back from 4-6 0-4 down to win 4-6 6-4 6-4

Next up is Cara Black, she's a good chance to beat Cara, then after that its Martinez or Rittner, another winnable match which would take her into the Quarter Finals against Hantuchova most likely!

Jordan.
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:03 AM
Wow, the draw has really opened up for her. :hearts: Show the world that 2002 IW was not a fluke! Go Manu! :D

Scotso
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:44 AM
lol, not a fluke because her draw is opening up again ;)

maybe this is your lucky event Emmanuelle! Come on girl! Kick some ass! :D

Mattographer
Mar 8th, 2003, 04:01 AM
And revenge over Daniela Hantuchova in the Quarterfinals! :devil:

Beat
Mar 8th, 2003, 08:58 AM
wow, manu, yo can still FIGHT :eek: ! we want more wins! :)

Tennisfan-Mtl
Mar 8th, 2003, 10:02 AM
What a fight against Tatiana :D I thought everything was over when Manu was down 4-6, 0-3, but she proved me wrong :) Good luck against Cara !

Tennisfan-Mtl
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:51 PM
I was hoping that Manu would be playing her 3rd-round match today ... I'll have to wait until tommorow ;)

Good luck !

Whatzup
Mar 8th, 2003, 08:17 PM
C'mon Manu you are already in the 3r! :bounce:

Tennisfan-Mtl
Mar 8th, 2003, 08:20 PM
Talking about Switzerland....Where is Miroslava Vavrinec ??? Has she already lost ?

;)

switz
Mar 8th, 2003, 11:31 PM
vavrinec has been injured for a long time i think. i don't know when she is coming back.

xcrtbckhnd
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Good luck Emmanuelle!! I remember watching her play last year and she was playing so well!!! Maybe this court really suits her? Great win over Panova showing your fighting spirit!!! I hope she can get by Cara!!! She should be able to win that match, her confidence must be high right now!

Mattographer
Mar 9th, 2003, 09:16 AM
Continue impressive! :D

Tennisfan-Mtl
Mar 9th, 2003, 09:59 AM
Good luck today against Cara :D

Jordan.
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Good luck against Cara!

Task
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Emmanuelle defeated Cara Black :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

On to the round of 16.

Go Emmanuelle :) :) :)

Jordan.
Mar 9th, 2003, 10:22 PM
Emmanuelle! :D Vamos!

Tennisfan-Mtl
Mar 10th, 2003, 12:51 AM
What a day for Manu :D Wins in both singles and doubles :) Good luck against Conchita :)

Scotso
Mar 10th, 2003, 02:13 AM
woohoo Emmanuelle! keep this train a movin'!

Doris Loeffel
Mar 10th, 2003, 07:37 AM
Ohhh yes she does!!

Keep up the good play Manu!!

Allleeezzz you can do it!!

Good luck against Conchita!!

Jordan.
Mar 10th, 2003, 07:45 AM
:kiss:

Beat
Mar 10th, 2003, 09:01 AM
vavrinec has been injured for a long time i think. i don't know when she is coming back.

apparently she has plans to come back, but no-one knows when. right now she seems to be happy just being mrs. federer :(
come back, miroslava! :)

oh, and great win, manu!!!!!!!! :D good luck against conchita!

Tennisfan-Mtl
Mar 10th, 2003, 09:22 AM
Manu and Petra are playing against Ruano-Pascual/Suarez today....Good luck girls, you'll need it ;)

TheBoiledEgg
Mar 10th, 2003, 01:54 PM
http://www.thedesertsun.com/news/stories/plo/1047264694.shtml

INDIAN WELLS -- Emmanuelle Gagliardi battled shoulder pain in the first two games of her third-round match against Cara Black. Following an injury timeout, it was Black who was left shouldering the burden of defeat.

Gagliardi, a semifinalist at Indian Wells Tennis Garden in 2002, rolled in the second set to post a 7-6, 6-0 triumph at Sundayís Pacific Life Open.

The 26-year-old native of Switzerland received treatment for her pain before the match, but was never comfortable. She looked for a reaction during the match and it didnít come so she needed assistance from her trainer.

"I was stuck from the upper part of the thoracic spine,"' she said. "It was like a little bit shut down. She just unstuck me from there. It took a few games to get better, then it was fine."

In the first set, Gagliardi had three breakpoints at 5-5, but didnít play the first one well. Then, Black used a solid serve and was back to take an advantage and deuce. From there, however, Gagliardi discovered what she was looking for. In the second set, Gagliardi raised her level, while Black faltered.

"I tried to keep my level there,"' said Gagliardi, noting the momentum carryover from the first-set victory. "She played a little worse, making a little bit unforced error. Her running was a lot worse, and sheís a player who really puts a lot of her game on running.

"Once she was running less, it was easier for me just to play. I didnít expect it, but I was happy it was happening."

Gagliardi, ranked No. 65 in the world, said her game is gaining confidence with each victory, and she likes her chances here.

"The more you win, the more you get used to the win,"' Gagliardi said. "Itís like circles. You try to build up on your win and try to learn from your mistakes. Of course, the more you go through the tournament, the better your confidence is."

Th Pacific Life Open gave her confidence a boost last year when she posted her best Tier 1 performance on Tour while advancing to the semifinals.

"(The Pacific Life Open) matches my game," she said. "The courts are pretty slow, and I just feel fine. Thereís not much wind. I like this place. It seems like I have a pretty good record here with matches and wins. Here, I have a few wins in a row. It just confirms that my tennis is improving."

En route to reaching the semifinals last year, Gagliardi beat Anna (Smashnova) Pistolesi and Anastasia Myskina before facing eventual champion Daniela Hantuchova. She lost to Hantuchova 6-4, 0-6, 4-6, but left Indian Wells with her career-best outing to date.

She said last yearís ride was a positive experience.

"It gives you a feeling that you can achieve something," she said. "Then from there on you have to build up so every week you play that good tennis.

Patti Myers covers sports for The Desert Sun. Contact her at (760) 778-4628 or by e-mail

Doris Loeffel
Mar 11th, 2003, 10:33 AM
Thanks TBE for the news.

Hope her shoulder won't hinder her in todays match against the moonball queen.

Gooooo Manu goooo!!!!

Scotso
Mar 11th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Good luck today Emmanuelle :D

Beat
Mar 11th, 2003, 12:25 PM
Here, I have a few wins in a row.

hmmm... it's a rare thing for emanuelle two win more than 2 matches in a row... :(

good luck!!!!!!!!

Tennisfan-Mtl
Mar 11th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Good luck tonight Emmanuelle :D The match is winnable for you !

Scotso
Mar 12th, 2003, 01:28 AM
such a tough loss today for Manu :sad:

does anyone know where she will be ranked after this event?

Hurley
Mar 12th, 2003, 01:40 AM
She should be ranked around 88. But it could have been a loooooooot worse.

Tennisfan-Mtl
Mar 12th, 2003, 02:47 AM
Manu :(

Still, a great tourny for you :)

Jordan.
Mar 12th, 2003, 02:59 AM
:(:(:(:(

Scotso
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:33 AM
88?! Poor Manu :sad:

Hopefully she'll pull it up with some strong showings.

Beat
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:24 AM
:sad:
the worst loss of round 4... and no. 88 doesn't sound very nice. oh well, at least she doesn't have to defend any points for quite a long time.
good luck for the forthcoming tournaments, manu! :D

Doris Loeffel
Mar 12th, 2003, 09:55 AM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

Pretty though loss Manu.
I really thought you would beat Martinez!!
But it's a pretty clear result...

... oh well hope you'll be able to do even better in the next tournament.