PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay what us up...

SerenaSlam
Mar 7th, 2003, 03:38 AM
...with your game. i mean she is really strugglin, she almost could've gone out again in the first round. this time to a (in my opinion) a low quality player. She really needs to try and wake up, i know she has the injury and all, but venus/serena have been out for i believe the most around 7 months, and they really come back firing after 1 tournie. come on linsday, you can do the same, your game is already there, get the mental part under control gurl! you have number 3 potential, cleary you do!

Tennisfan-Mtl
Mar 7th, 2003, 11:44 AM
Lindsay is surely not the player she used to be...Leading 3-0 in the 2nd set and ending up loosing it 5-7 isn't all that great....I can't see her reach the final here....She just doesn't have the motivation anymore it seems...

cooolconchita
Mar 7th, 2003, 11:51 AM
hate to disagree, but this is a great win for lindsay.
daja is a fantastic player on hardcourts, remember, in the last two years she's reached QF and R4 of the US Open, and being a serve-volley player in Indian Wells make you tough to beat!

Well done Linds! :hearts:

Jan
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:25 PM
hate to disagree, but this is a great win for lindsay.
daja is a fantastic player on hardcourts, remember, in the last two years she's reached QF and R4 of the US Open, and being a serve-volley player in Indian Wells make you tough to beat!

Well done Linds! :hearts:

Thanks for the kind words cooolconchita, I agree with you, Anyone who can win 6-1 in the third is still doing pretty well.
:bounce:

harri1963
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Well Lindsey says that she is not as motivated and reason being is she is coming to the end of her career and the beginning of a new one. Lindsey is getting married this year and I'm sure her mind is divided between the future of marriage and possible motherhood and tennis. I'm sure her priorities are changing and she stated in her interview that she is just not as motivated as she use to be. I still think that she will be world number 3 by season's end. Other than the Williams Sister, Lindsey has the best game going. Lindsey can make the finals but the decision is up to her mental state. Whether she makes it to the finals of this tournament does not diminish her capabilities on the court. I look for the end of the year for Lindsey to announce her retirement especially if she doesn't reach the top 5. I love Lindsey's game even though I'm a Williams Sisters fan, and if Lindsey could move as quick as they do, she would be the dominant player on the court. Lindsey still is the best in the field in this tournament and I expect her to get better as time moves on.

Harri1963

Leena
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Let's hope her mediocre play continues to the 4th round. :)

bis2806
Mar 7th, 2003, 04:47 PM
i'm concerned here at Lindsay's mental condition as she seems to be struggling a bit to win her matches against lower ranked players... i hope she's improving both physically and mentally with time.... there's no doubt that she will reach no.5 and she definitely has a high chance of reaching 3rd if she can put it together and get her normal game going...