PDA

View Full Version : Why do you like Lena?

Leena
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:45 AM
Post why you like Lena here. :)

As for me... I first saw Lena at the US Open in 2000, in a qualifying match against Kristina Kraszewski. I was only at the match to see Kris, but then I saw this big monster on the other side of the net, that showed so much emotion and so much will to win. She was very raw, and the match was quite ugly, but this was someone I couldn't help but pull for.

My name is Leena, I'm 6'2, born in Russia, hair down to my legs, I'm quite moody and have a short temper :p, I always speak my mind, same age... I'm just like Lena, just with less talent, and worse looks. :)

It's been such a joy watching Lena grow the past few years... comparing her from the 2000 US Open, to seeing her in Montreal and US Open 2002 is amazing. Lena's a special girl, and she is only going to get better and better! She has the heart, and physical attributes to do anything she puts her mind too... and I know the results will show once Lena finally reached the pinnacle of her ability!

~GO LENA~

snoop
Mar 6th, 2003, 08:32 AM
I have to confess that I really noticed her for the first time during the US Open when she beat Dokic. That was a big shock for me :( and so she got into my mind :rolleyes: After that "incident" I attended two tournies and Elena participated in both. So I watched her playing and I really liked it. Moreover she seemed very kind.

:D

auntie janie
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:09 PM
I saw Elena play in November 2000 in Philadelphia. She lost to a wily Martina Hingis in that match, but you could see the potential was there. After the match, Martina was surrounded by autograph hunters, but only ONE kid asked the unknown Elena for her autograph! :eek:

Soon after, I found myself getting sucked into learning about and following all of the Russians, thanks to the enthusiasm of TheBoiledEgg. :kiss: I like most of them now, but Elena stayed at the top of my list ever since I saw her play. So you can imagine how exciting it was when she finally started to make her move last year. :D:D:D:D:D

So now she has more than one or two fans! :D

King Aaron
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:11 PM
I have not really seen Lena play. Just bits on tv but what I've heard about her is enough to make me a fan. :D

Leena
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:42 PM
I know it's hard to see any of Lena... she's been on TV 3 times in the states, which were all early daytime matches (I'm not sure about the Kim '01 IW QF, since I've never seen it.) You'll be seeing more of her, though. :) They can't hide that beauty from the screen for long. :)

LeonHart
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:50 AM
I'm a recent fan :). I saw her playing Davenport in the Quarters of US OPEN 2002, and MAN she was a fighter!! That hooked me right away...it was sad to see her lose that 3 setter to Davenport.

Elleke
Mar 8th, 2003, 01:51 PM
she is just a great player, she has a great game and I like her attitude on and off the court! she'll be top 10 soon, and #1 some day..
Goooo Elena

King Aaron
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:10 PM
I know it's hard to see any of Lena... she's been on TV 3 times in the states, which were all early daytime matches (I'm not sure about the Kim '01 IW QF, since I've never seen it.) You'll be seeing more of her, though. :) They can't hide that beauty from the screen for long. :)
I don't even get to see the Williams' and Kim on TV except for the four slams. Lena will have to get into the Top 10 for me. Go Lena!

I did see her match against Venus at the Collins Cup. Great groundies and wasn't afarid to attack. :)

Leena
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:30 AM
I got the 3rd set of the Collins Cup match on tape... that was classic Lena. Constantly attacking, and pumped up with that killer look on her face. :)

Jodie
Mar 10th, 2003, 12:19 AM
I saw her, she was to practing in Ordina Open, s' Hertogenbosch 2002..
She was so big :eek: , but she was playing very good..

But I see her always on the TV...
On TV in 2001 I was already a fan of her :)

ys
May 13th, 2003, 04:24 AM
I liek Lena because she is big..

Leena
May 13th, 2003, 04:33 AM
She certainly is... :p

Experimentee
May 15th, 2003, 01:14 PM
I'm just a recent fan. I like Lena coz of her game i like her attacking hard groundies and i also like the fact that she isnt afraid of going to the net like some of the other new up and comers are. I also like her size and her grunt. She is so big! I stood next to her watching a match once and she was more than a foot taller than me. Her game and her grunt reminds me so much of Venus although her serve isnt as good, and Venus is one of my faves.
I didnt get a chance to see her until Sydney this year since we dont have much tennis coverage on free to air here, then i saw her at the Australian Open and i just couldnt help rooting for her. I saw her watching a qualifying match and then again after she beat Vera and she was so friendly to the fans and very down to earth. And the way she speaks is so cute. So yeah thats why i like Lena. :)

dubro
Oct 28th, 2003, 01:08 PM
first time i saw her was at usopen 2002, when she def, jelena dokic :( :( not a good impression then...

i m not a big big fan, but i always liked her since there, and try to follow her career
she got a very good tennis, imo

vamos leena! :D

:wavey:

the cat
Oct 28th, 2003, 06:55 PM
So both Lena and Leena are Amazons who were born in Russia? Da! :D

The first time I saw Lena play was against Lindsay Davenport at the 2001 Indian Wells tournament. I was surprised at how potent her backhand was. The truth is I expected Lena to be a better tennis player by now. But she still has time to make a run at the top ten. :)

Udachi Lena! :bounce:

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 07:06 PM
Ummm... Lena didn't play Lindsay at 01 Indian Wells. They didn't play until 2002 at LA, where they played again every week for the rest of 2002. :p

I'm assuming you mean either Lena's win over Conchita at 01 IW... and Kim kicking her ass in the QF.

I hope you're not referring to Lena/Lindsay at 03 IW... because Lena played horrible that match. :sad:

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 07:36 PM
I like Lena because I love to watch her two-hand backhand.
That shot is a joy to behold.

the cat
Oct 28th, 2003, 07:38 PM
I did it again. :o Sorry. I might have been thinking of Another Elena, Elena Dementieva. But Elena D. played Davenport at the 2000 Indian Wells. I guess I just got mixed up. :confused: I guees my taking Focus Factor isn't working too well. :sad: To make up for my faux pas, here is the link to the 1998 New York Times article on Lena and Maria Sharapova. This fine article is located at http://mariaworld.net/artun.htm

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Yeah, you're talking about Dementieva. It was IW in 2000. I like her too. She never dates and has a cactus collection.
Ya gotta love that.

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:19 PM
I like Lena because I love to watch her two-hand backhand.
That shot is a joy to behold.
I like watching Lena set up her backhand. It's quite funny. :p

the cat
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:31 PM
Da, The Darling One (Elena Dementieva) has a very unique open stance two handed backhand. :D

Gee GL, you sure know alot about Russian tennis players and you have a great memory. :) I thought you were a new tennis fan. But that's obviously not the case.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:39 PM
I looked it up. I don't have great recall. I have those career results websites bookmarked.
I never claimed to know all the facts. I look them up.

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:41 PM
I do know all of Lena Bovina's results, because I'm a huge loser.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:43 PM
You have a great memory. And you're fast on the keypad. I'm sure you've noticed that I'm not. I plug away very slowly.

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:45 PM
How would you know that I'm fast on the keypad? :confused:

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:46 PM
I see how fast you answer. Even when I know what I want to type immediately, it's still takes me a while to get it done right.

ally baker
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:47 PM
Ok then... just seemed strange. Seemed like something a player from TTT would say. :)

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:52 PM
I think most people go faster than me. I like to double check the spelling before I post it. But I've seen your answer up when I was rereading what I posted. I'll never answer that quickly.

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:55 PM
I didn't mean that you're fast compared to a 70 word per minute typist. (Though you might be, I don't know).
I mean compared to me.

Roxers
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:56 PM
I like her because she plays everything or nothing, attacking tennis. I love her backhand! Because you never know with her... , because she is cool :cool:, because she is a nice and sympathic girl :D , because she is entertaining, because of her "hat" :lol: and because of her mentality :bounce:

goldenlox
Oct 28th, 2003, 11:59 PM
I forgot about the hat. That's another reason. The way she charges the net early in points also.

the cat
Oct 29th, 2003, 01:57 AM
GL, you type like I do. Slow and safe. ;) And knowledge is powerful in tennis and in life. Good for you GL for taking the initiative to garner as much tennis information and general informational as possible. :D

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2003, 02:00 AM
I'm not super slow. I just know that people from around the world might read it. So I'm extra careful. Also, I like to check before I just go by memory. And I still make mistakes.

the cat
Oct 29th, 2003, 02:42 AM
You are typing fine, GL.

I like the fact that Elena Dementieva has a cactus collection. :) But how preytell do you know that Elena doesn't date? :confused:

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2003, 02:45 AM
I don't know if she dates. But she doesn't flaunt her boyfriends.
Good for her.

ally baker
Oct 29th, 2003, 02:50 AM
Bovina would be the same as Alyona.

She talks with lots of guys, but she doesn't flaunt her boyfriends. She had one earlier this year, but she doesn't anymore.

It's too bad she doesn't like girls.

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2003, 02:53 AM
That's why some do flaunt it. There are rumors about woman athletes.
And I love Enrique's single, Addicted.

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2003, 02:58 AM
The picture that ys put in this thread is a great picture of Lena.
Not posed. Just watching a match.

ally baker
Oct 29th, 2003, 02:59 AM
Nothing wrong with being a lesbian when you're pretty like Lena. Then it is accepted very well.

goldenlox
Oct 29th, 2003, 03:04 AM
I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong. And I'm sure tall, pretty girls attract other girls. It's great either way.
Lena should have fun, period.

the cat
Oct 29th, 2003, 03:48 AM
I like it that Elena D. and Elena B. are discreet where their love lives are concerned. :)

And I doubt either one of them is a Lesbian. It's okay if they are. They are quite attractive to the eye. :D Not that it matters. But they are. And as far as I can tell Elena D. and Elena B. are likable and deserve more attention than they get.

Udachi Elena's! :bounce:

ally baker
Oct 29th, 2003, 04:24 AM
If Lena is a lesbian... I'm all over it next summer. :p

Hayden
Oct 29th, 2003, 11:18 AM
I first became a fan of Lena when I saw her kill Jelena at the US Open, and I've loved her ever since.

the cat
Oct 29th, 2003, 01:54 PM
You're out of luck, Ally. I'm sure Lena is as straight as an arrow! ;)

goldenlox
Oct 30th, 2003, 09:13 PM
Why do I like Lena?

Lovely
Elegant
No nonsense
Adorable.

saab95
Oct 30th, 2003, 10:19 PM
he he
If you can talk few words with Lena D & Lena B
you'll feel soon large difference between them.
But it's not good idea for...
who’s sure all that glitters is gold

ally baker
Oct 30th, 2003, 10:27 PM
he he
If you can talk few words with Lena D & Lena B
you'll feel soon large difference between them.
But it's not good idea for...
who’s sure all that glitters is gold
Not sure what you mean here... but I'll take it that you didn't like talking with Lena B.

Since, I believe you're one of these "Russian writers" who interview her... I can understand why.

goldenlox
Oct 30th, 2003, 10:34 PM
saab is a big Lina K. fan. And she plays doubles with Elena D.
Elena D. is a very good speaker, when she wants to be.
But his last line, I don't get that at all.

the cat
Oct 31st, 2003, 02:45 AM
So, Saab95 is a tennis journalist? I always knew there was something special about him. ;)

By the way, Elena Bovina has an amzing face that is beautiful and strong! :D

saab95
Nov 1st, 2003, 05:37 AM
1.Saab95 isn't a tennis journalist, but tried to make
Lina's site more interesting for "russian roulette" fans. That's all.
2."all that glitters is gold" - words from great old "Led Zeppelin" song "Stairway to heaven" about one young Lady.
3. Mother Nature gave Lena B much more than Lena D, Nastya, Vera,
Lina, Tanya Panova etc. Martina Hingis incl.
And as I saw Lena B. thinks she looks great. I don't think so. You can have smth. more in your head to reach tops in tennis.
Lena D. doesn't think how great she looks but think how she can improve her game. So you can see Lena D. in top-10 where you never can find Lena B, IMHO.

the cat
Nov 1st, 2003, 02:21 PM
Saab95, what did Mother Nature give Lena B. that is much more than the other Russina's and Martina Hingis got from Mother Nature?

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2003, 02:34 PM
Lena B. has a 6-foot-3 athletic body. And like Lindsay, it's an advantage over smaller players who are not much more athletic.
I don't believe that Lena B. walks around like she's too beautiful to talk to anyone. That's what Leena and I want, but she's not doing that.
Look who Lena beat in Moscow, Filderstadt, and Zurich: Davenport, Capriati, Myskina, Suarez, Schnyder, among others.
You don't beat players like that unless you work hard at your game.

ally baker
Nov 1st, 2003, 07:38 PM
1.Saab95 isn't a tennis journalist, but tried to make
Lina's site more interesting for "russian roulette" fans. That's all.
2."all that glitters is gold" - words from great old "Led Zeppelin" song "Stairway to heaven" about one young Lady.
3. Mother Nature gave Lena B much more than Lena D, Nastya, Vera,
Lina, Tanya Panova etc. Martina Hingis incl.
And as I saw Lena B. thinks she looks great. I don't think so. You can have smth. more in your head to reach tops in tennis.
Lena D. doesn't think how great she looks but think how she can improve her game. So you can see Lena D. in top-10 where you never can find Lena B, IMHO.
So... you're saying Lena Bovina doesn't work at her game...

K.

Have you ever watched Bovina practice? I'll save some time, and say "no" for you.

Yes, Lena looks good, she knows it, and she shows it off... but the girl doesn't have a big head. She's kind, and jokes around with literally everyone.

Saying that Lena doesn't think about improving her game is absolutely ludacris. Please go back to Lina's forum... and don't talk about shit you have no clue on.

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2003, 07:54 PM
I still want to know how Elena D. doesn't think how great she looks and Lena B. does.
How can you tell? I think if Lena thought she was all that, we would see skimpier outfits. Have you seen what some of the 14-year-olds are wearing?

the cat
Nov 1st, 2003, 08:12 PM
I'm not sure what's going on. But didn't Saab95 compliment Lena by saying Mother Nature was better to her than the other Russina's and Martina Hingis? He jsut isn't as high on lena's game as we are.

To be fair to Lena, I think she has a bigger upside of all the Russina's except one, Maria Sharapova. And players as tall as Lena don't develope and mature at a young age. They usually wait until their early 20's. I believe this is the case with Lena. I feel she has more potential than Elena D. because Lena has a big first serve, is more imtimdating at the net than Elena D, is and has more all court fire power than Elena D. does.

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2003, 08:30 PM
Is saab saying Lena doesn't work hard?
Something more in your head to reach tops.
This might have to do with Joe G. leaving for a while this summer.
I know nothing about that song. But it sounds like an insult.

the cat
Nov 1st, 2003, 10:20 PM
I suppose so. But if Elena gets the right coach for her she could really develope into a fine tennis player.

goldenlox
Nov 1st, 2003, 10:32 PM
cat, what's that old song about? Stairway to Heaven.

the cat
Nov 2nd, 2003, 12:09 AM
Who first mentioned "Stairway To Heaven" in this thread? Saab95? GL, it's a song about taking the long walk to heaven. That's my interpretation of it.

goldenlox
Nov 2nd, 2003, 12:21 AM
I still don't quite understand what saab means. But Lena is 20 and Elena is 22.
If Lena stays healthy and doesn't get into the top 10 by 2005, then this comparison is okay.
But Elena D. was in the top 10 in 2000. She was good as a teenager.
Lena has come up in a different way. She's 6-foot-3. It takes time to put everything together.
I think Lena hasn't had the results yet that she will in the next few years.

the cat
Nov 2nd, 2003, 02:32 AM
I think Lena see's the big pitcure in her career and understands it takes years for someone her tremendous size to fully mature and develope.

I'm counting on Lena to step up her game next year. Russia will really have a formidable group of female tennis players in 2004. :D

saab95
Nov 2nd, 2003, 04:55 PM
Really, is saab saying Lena doesn't work hard?
Is saab used any bad word for Lena or her fans?
I respect all hard working girls because I saw practices in different kinds
of sports much more years Lena has and Iknew some differences between
tennis & skiing (swimming etc.)

Clever, clever ally baker!
Don't know who you are to show other person what forum to go
Thruth is I don't want to know it and to talk blinded person
that changes her/his own imaginations into "my words". It's not to me, it's to the doctor.

Thanks, goldenlox & the cat. You're absolutely right ."Lena B. has a 6-foot-3 athletic body. And like Lindsay, it's an advantage over smaller players who are not much more athletic."
Naturally. But the only thing I meant is The Head is more important than any (i.e. 6-foot-3 )body

goldenlox
Nov 2nd, 2003, 05:20 PM
What's wrong with Lena's head?
She's ranked 21 in the world. And most of next spring and summer Lena will have very few points to defend.
If Lena's healthy, she plays a good game.
Do you mean she's too aggressive?

ally baker
Nov 2nd, 2003, 07:38 PM
Really, is saab saying Lena doesn't work hard?
Is saab used any bad word for Lena or her fans?
I respect all hard working girls because I saw practices in different kinds
of sports much more years Lena has and Iknew some differences between
tennis & skiing (swimming etc.)

Clever, clever ally baker!
Don't know who you are to show other person what forum to go
Thruth is I don't want to know it and to talk blinded person
that changes her/his own imaginations into "my words". It's not to me, it's to the doctor.

Thanks, goldenlox & the cat. You're absolutely right ."Lena B. has a 6-foot-3 athletic body. And like Lindsay, it's an advantage over smaller players who are not much more athletic."
Naturally. But the only thing I meant is The Head is more important than any (i.e. 6-foot-3 )body
Please leave this forum... you are not welcome.

First off, I can't understand what you're saying half the time.

This is an ELENA BOVINA forum... for Elena Bovina fans. That means, don't come in here saying Lena doesn't work hard... and doesn't think about improving her game.

Not only are comments like that completely wrong, and completely stupid... but it's detrimental to this fan board.

ally baker
Nov 2nd, 2003, 07:41 PM
What's wrong with Lena's head?
She's ranked 21 in the world. And most of next spring and summer Lena will have very few points to defend.
If Lena's healthy, she plays a good game.
Do you mean she's too aggressive?
Lena still gets frustrated during matches...

Many, many times... she'll go down a break, like 4-3 in the closing set... and she'll lose every point.

We all know how aggressive Lena is... but Lena also needs to learn how to successfully play defensive tennis. Although, I doubt that will ever work for her.

goldenlox
Nov 2nd, 2003, 08:02 PM
I think we didn't get a full healthy year from Lena in 2003.
I can't be anything but optimistic about 2004.

saab95
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Please leave this forum... you are not welcome.

First off, I can't understand what you're saying half the time.

This is an ELENA BOVINA forum... for Elena Bovina fans. That means, don't come in here saying Lena doesn't work hard... and doesn't think about improving her game.

Not only are comments like that completely wrong, and completely stupid... but it's detrimental to this fan board.
http://boxmail.biz/constructor/img/65441.jpg
I'm really surprised how intelligent my fan can be.
Nobody can be such clever as I. But you are.
I'm proud for you, double-faced , sorry, multi-faced ally baker!

** K i t t y **
Nov 4th, 2003, 02:48 PM
saab95,

When I say lefts... that means don't post.

Goodbye.

the cat
Nov 4th, 2003, 03:32 PM
Hello Kitty! :wavey:

goldenlox
Nov 4th, 2003, 09:18 PM
I think **Kitty** was Leena's tribute to you, cat.

the cat
Nov 5th, 2003, 12:34 AM
Thanks for the tip, GL. Thanks Leena. :kiss:

goldenlox
Nov 5th, 2003, 12:40 AM
I have a litter box in case there's a stink emanating from in here.

the cat
Nov 5th, 2003, 03:52 AM
GL, are you talking about kitty litter or a cat box? ;) And what kind of cat do you have? I must say GL, you do seem like a cat person. :) :angel: :kiss:

goldenlox
Nov 10th, 2003, 11:17 PM
I have two cats, but I'm not a cat person. I've noticed that if they love a can of food one day, they probably won't touch another can of the same stuff the next day.
Wertheim said in this week's mailbag that Lena is too erratic to win a major. There go all my hopes and dreams.

the cat
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:23 AM
GL, how can you have 2 cats but not be a cat person? :confused: Are they indoor or outdorr cats. I bet they are outdoor cats. Da?

Do you ever give your cats catnip? Yummy! :lick:

And you are correct about cats being finnicky when it comes to their cat food. But that's just part of being a cat. ;)

goldenlox
Nov 11th, 2003, 03:31 AM
We got them as very little kittens. I fed them milk with an eye dropper.
Brother and sister. They go outside. They're spoiled rotten.

the cat
Nov 12th, 2003, 03:16 AM
That's cute, GL. :) You're a good cat owner. :D You showed responsibility and leadership ability when you fed your cats milk from an eyedropper when they were kittens. But I hope your 2 cats aren't too spoiled because spoiled cats can have selfish and stubborn attitudes.

goldenlox
Nov 12th, 2003, 03:21 AM
I'm not going to let them get hungry, or annoy them. So they just sleep and eat, and play outside.
And when I come home, they see it's me and they go back to sleep.

the cat
Nov 12th, 2003, 02:26 PM
GL, it sounds like your spoiled cats are taking you for granted. :( But I hope that's not the case. I've had many cats that were sometimes aloof and sometimes warm and friendly.

And speaking of cats, where is our Ally Cat (Ally Baker)?

goldenlox
Nov 13th, 2003, 12:19 AM
Cats are friendly when they want something. Food, or to be petted.
Otherwise, they could care less about you.
alley baker wasn't around in September, when Lena wasn't playing. So it might be until January before she's around.

the cat
Nov 13th, 2003, 12:29 AM
GL, it seems as though you have cats figured out. ;)

And thanks for the Ally Cat (Ally Baker) update.

#1 Cory Ann Fan
Nov 13th, 2003, 03:41 PM
Cats are friendly when they want something. Food, or to be petted.
Otherwise, they could care less about you.
alley baker wasn't around in September, when Lena wasn't playing. So it might be until January before she's around.
I won't be around here much until January... but I'm still interested in the ITF results. :)

the cat
Nov 14th, 2003, 12:46 AM
Hi #1 CAF! :wavey: Are you who I think you are? ;) I think so. :)

goldenlox
Nov 14th, 2003, 03:02 AM
Welcome, newbie! Do you like Lena?

#1 Cory Ann Fan
Nov 14th, 2003, 03:03 AM
No.

goldenlox
Nov 14th, 2003, 03:12 AM
LOL. Well I like her enough for both of us.

goldenlox
Nov 14th, 2003, 03:20 AM
The newbie left me speechless for awhile. But it was funny.

the cat
Nov 14th, 2003, 02:30 PM
GL, I bet the newbie is a big Elena Bovina fan! :D As in being a 6'2" tall Elena Bovina fan! :cool: You can't Buffalo me, newbie. ;) Get it?