PDA

View Full Version : why do you like her

Eiffel
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:28 AM
Just wanna ask a question to prove
that not all the fans in the same sex with her was homoerotism. :cool:

lol~~~ are you???
but Ithink it up to snuff in the world ;)

BTW:I’m a new comer :wavey:

old woman
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:08 PM
......the girl is a goddess, :bounce: ..yes sweetie,looool.....i think that says it all!!!!

............Life is a journey,not a destination....so enjoy it,Cat.

YSL
Mar 7th, 2003, 08:09 PM
I like her purely because I think she's one of the more exciting players on the tour atm. She has enough variety of shots in her game, she's fast (when she isn't injured). It's just great watching her play sometimes. Off the court too, she doesn't shrink away from speaking to her mind - She's refreshing and honest (especially when you hear her views on the current situation regarding Iraq). Sometimes, it's nice to see a human side to players we admire - Makes them more human to us :)

But on the court, yes I think she's a goddess ;) And she can get much better too :)

Eiffel
Mar 9th, 2003, 05:43 PM
I really hope that she can be a well-balanced person...

to love a man really loved her too...

but.... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Elisse
Mar 9th, 2003, 11:43 PM
*coughs* erm......her sexuality has nothing to do with it! :confused: :rolleyes:

Anyway,.....why do I like Momo?

Well, I like her for many reasons - firstly because she is a great player with lots of talent. I love her game, and especially her beautiful backhand!! :hearts:
She's very animated, unpredictable and sometimes emotional on court which makes her exciting to photograph and watch!!! She's never rude or arrogant and always shows respect to officials and other players. Amélie is gracious in both triumph and defeat, which is a sign of a true champion, she is a great ambassador for women's tennis and sport in general!

I think that she is beautiful with an amazing smile, she's intelligent, has strong views on a wide range of subjects and is never scared to air her opinions, without being insulting or offensive! She loves animals and seems like a very genuine and caring person.
I also love her honesty - even towards the press/media, who sadly don't always treat her with the respect she deserves. :sad:

Amélie always seems to truly appreciate every bit of support she gets from her fans and enjoys meeting the people who support her. I like the fact that she is passionate about her country and about representing France in tournaments like the Fed Cup.
That doesn't mean to say that I idolise her or think that she can do no wrong - because she does make mistakes, the same as everyone does sometimes, that just makes her normal, grounded and even more likeable!

Another thing that I like about Amélie is the fans she attracts! :D
The Amézons/Momosapiens are the most kind, sweet, intelligent and caring fans/fanbase that I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of!! They always show the most respect to eachother and for their opinions, as well as to other players and fans, without having the smug attitude and perpetual arrogance of some other fanbases I could mention!

And that's why I love Momo!! :worship: and all of the Amézons too!!! :kiss:

jacqueline
Mar 10th, 2003, 12:31 AM
I like Amelie because she has the most fluid, beautiful game of any player on the circuit, I love watching her play. And I admire the way she keeps her composure during hard matches. She is a credit to her sport.

Caoimhe
Mar 11th, 2003, 11:59 AM
in simple words- she rocks!

griffin
Mar 11th, 2003, 04:45 PM
I really hope that she can be a well-balanced person...

to love a man really loved her too...

but.... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Eiffel, you don't mean to say a woman can't be well-balanced unless she loves/is loved by men, do you? I hope this is simply a translation problem or I'm going to take very loud exception to this statment. Being heterosexual doesn't make you "balanced" and beeing homo/queer doesn't make you unbalanced.

But to your first question - I like her for many, many reasons.

Like Elisse, I find her fans brilliant. And modest *cough* ;)

Her game is a thrill to watch (her backhand is a thing of beauty), and imo has only become more dynamic/entertaining now that she's coming to the net more often.

From what I hear/read, she seems like a very smart, charming, funny woman.

I don't really care that she's a lesbian, but I do care that she's out - I think it says a lot about her courage and integrity, and I will never cease to be impressed with the way she came out and how she has handled the hype that resulted. She made missteps, but given her age I'm floored at her grace throught it all.

(I also think she's beautiful, but that has nothing to do with it - I love the Boston Red Sox, too, and they're a lot of things, but "beautiful" ain't one of them)

It's a package deal - she could be a cool person, she could be out, but if her game were boring I wouldn't be very interested. Likewise, she could have a fabulous game, but if she were a horrid cow or made me cringe every time she opened her mouth, I wouldn't be able to cheer for her.

Amelie, however, is a hell of a package.

supercmfan
Mar 13th, 2003, 05:17 AM
" ...
... Another thing that I like about Amélie is the fans she attracts! :D
The Amézons/Momosapiens are the most kind, sweet, intelligent and caring fans/fanbase that I have ever had the pleasure to be a part of!! They always show the most respect to eachother and for their opinions, as well as to other players and fans, without having the smug attitude and perpetual arrogance of some other fanbases I could mention!

And that's why I love Momo!! :worship: and all of the Amézons too!!! :kiss:

Elisse :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: for you!!!!

mauresmofan
Mar 19th, 2003, 06:38 PM
I get the feeling that if you could pick anyone from the elite of the wta to have a really great night out with that Momo would be top of the pops. She seems really normal and down to earth. I love her attitude and the way she plays the game. I love her one handed backhand and physical strength and her style of play is just so easy on the eye. She just has unlimited ability and is beginning to tap into it. I think I've covered most of it and she does have a lovely arse too! :lick: Bring back the shorts! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Mattographer
Mar 20th, 2003, 11:33 AM
I've become fan of hers since beating Jennifer Capriati at Wimbledon 2002 because her games was so awesome!

I really LOVE her new games! :hearts:

griffin
Mar 21st, 2003, 02:27 PM
Oh AlexSydney - how you have come around! :D

wta_zuperfann
Apr 30th, 2003, 04:27 AM
Momo is the WTA's total package: beauty, strength, grace, athletic skill, gracious to the media and to her many fans.

A great tennis player, yes. But I am not convinced that we have seen her at her best. Perhaps she has relied too much on her power and she continually overhits the ball. I would like to see her use more change of pace volleys, and to work the corners, and use more drop shots. It will be interesting to see her adopt a more strategic rather than a power game. If she does, I guarantee that she will go further up in the WTA ranks!

:wavey: GO MO! :hearts:

NYLibertyGirl84
May 23rd, 2003, 01:54 AM
She has sooo much talent ...her game is so fun to watch! She has so much heart she never gives up and thats why i like her! Oh and she's a hottie

bradluvsmomo
Jun 17th, 2003, 12:01 AM
How do I love her? Let me count the ways....

I'm a hetero-as-hell male, but I love Amelie. And not 'despite' her sexulality. I wouldn't have her any other way. I have a number of lesbian friends and they are way cool. Perhaps I'm the male version of a fag-hag?

What first attracted me to Amelie? That massive-yet-fluid backhand. It is the very definition of poetry in motion. (Of course, I quickly looked past her backand and noticed she is an absolute goddam stunner!!!)