PDA

View Full Version : Aussies M.I.A in Indian Wells

TS
Mar 4th, 2003, 03:01 AM
For the first time in a couple of years we have no representatives in the main or qualy draws at Indian Wells :(

Nicole, according to a small report I read in TA, is spending the two weeks training in Melbourne. I don't understand the logic behind this, but maybe she is planning on getting shitfaced for her 30th birthday tomorrow? :o hehe, kidding...looks like she'll be back for Miami.

Evie for some odd reason is not playing, I have no idea why. She plays well here, reaching the 3rd round in '01, and the 2nd round last year. She is possibly carrying a small injury, who knows. At any rate, missing here was not a smart move. Sometimes I'd like to delve into Evie's mind and see what I find :rolleyes:

Alicia, is still injured as you all know.

Nicole and Evie should have fronted up IMO. This is a big tournament and anything can happen.

AUSBOY
Mar 4th, 2003, 05:06 AM
Nicole may be in Melbourne to hit with Alicia Molik!

But I think we all know the real reason she's here.

She wants to spend her 30th birthday with her g/f, Christina Wheeler :eek: :eek: :eek: :p :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TS
Mar 4th, 2003, 05:28 AM
lmao! :eek: :p

louloubelle
Mar 4th, 2003, 11:38 AM
No excuse :fiery: :devil: :D

She could've taken Christina with her as a private birthday celebration.

just think, the night after Nicole had been beaten in str8 by the likes of Henin, she and Christina could've walken down one of the beachs in Miami, with the cool evening breeze on their faces, strolling hand in hand through the soft sand, gazing into each others eyes......

C'mon Nixole surely thats a better alternative than getting sweaty in Melbourne choking on the fumes from Albert Park Lake. :D

Seriously Nicole said she wanted to be in the top 10, playing a Teir 1 tournie minus the Williams, if this is your goal then you'd wanna play here. As for Evie, maybe she's gearing for a long clay season...

Mattographer
Mar 4th, 2003, 12:00 PM
In your dream, Nicole (about goal to be Top 10)! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I hope Rachel McQuillan start to playing outside Australian tournaments soon! :rolleyes: :o

TS
Mar 4th, 2003, 12:18 PM
No excuse :fiery: :devil: :D

She could've taken Christina with her as a private birthday celebration.

just think, the night after Nicole had been beaten in str8 by the likes of Henin, she and Christina could've walken down one of the beachs in Miami, with the cool evening breeze on their faces, strolling hand in hand through the soft sand, gazing into each others eyes......

C'mon Nixole surely thats a better alternative than getting sweaty in Melbourne choking on the fumes from Albert Park Lake. :D

You have just taken me to a very bad BAD visual place :o

Matthew...if you take Rachel's Aussie circuit points off her ranking...well, I don't want to think what her ranking would be (easily outside 300). Surely she is one of the players in the top 200 with the weakest quality points! Hopefully she can start winning away from Aus...

BTW of course its Nicole's dream of getting to the top 10, and that's exactly what it is, a dream. Nothing wrong with dreaming! Of course Im going to see a pig flying outside my window before I see Nicole's name below Amelie's or Jennifer's but there's no harm in setting high goals... but top 20 is certainly do-able IMO. If she stopped talking on the phone with her toygirl everynight and being distracted that is :p

louloubelle
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:42 AM
Exactly.... you have to aim high. And when you've got the support of people or a special someone things can sometimes fall into place :p

Incidently only a year ago Rachel McQuillan was talking about getting back into the top 50 after a win against Iva majoli in ACT. Even then people would've skoffed at that prediction, but if both Nicole and Rachel don't have any self-belief or goals at their 30ish ages, then they may as well go to Tennis Oz and help Anabel Ellwood coach.

TS I'm sure those phone calls help Nic get away from the grind of professional tennis. Cut her some slack. :( :p :D ;)