PDA

View Full Version : Chanda Rubin's Ranking

SerenaSlam
Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:59 PM
Well it is always good to see chanda ranked 11 or 12, whatever she is, but where is the LA, US Open form she was showing us last year? I mean it like it is gone all the way now, she reminds me so much of Alex Stevenson, just a little more consistent, she has what it takes, but now she has fallen off a little. Last week she had a chance to get back into the top 10 for the first time in a long damn while, she has been floating on the edge of number 10 for some time. This week she can still get there, but just think if chanda could've gotten at least quarters at both of these places, she would be for sure top 10, the chance for her to just continue to add points is almost up, she only has about 5 more tournies. How do you all think she will do? at the rate she is going and playing, it think she might be stuck at number 12 for sometime.

kennethw
Mar 3rd, 2003, 05:45 PM
Well it is always good to see chanda ranked 11 or 12, whatever she is, but where is the LA, US Open form she was showing us last year? I mean it like it is gone all the way now, she reminds me so much of Alex Stevenson, just a little more consistent, she has what it takes, but now she has fallen off a little. Last week she had a chance to get back into the top 10 for the first time in a long damn while, she has been floating on the edge of number 10 for some time. This week she can still get there, but just think if chanda could've gotten at least quarters at both of these places, she would be for sure top 10, the chance for her to just continue to add points is almost up, she only has about 5 more tournies. How do you all think she will do? at the rate she is going and playing, it think she might be stuck at number 12 for sometime. oh please!! i am so through with chanda i want to be friends with all the white girls that kick my butt then end our friendship rubin. i been through with her ever since her wonder perfomance at the acura classic. she also had a great auso open that year. i dont want to hear about her injuries. that's just an excuse. she is just not mentally there. never has been. how many injuries has venus had in her young career? tons, but she never lost that drive. she is a born champ. now, i know chanda did have hand surgery and that's a bigger, but she hasnt show it mentally. does any one know that she and lindsay d were the best of friends in the juniors. now if davey kicks you to the curb, you must really be a loser.

Asmus
Mar 3rd, 2003, 05:53 PM
Chanda got injured right after Tokyo; that's my guess as to why she didn't play too well in Scottsdale. But then again, it's been her only bad tournament.

prophet2
Mar 3rd, 2003, 05:54 PM
LOL. Please do not compare Chanda to Alexandra Stevenson. Chanda is alot more consistent than Alexandra. She was a tier 1 semi-finalist , had a fourth round appearance at a slam and tier 2 quarter-finalist placing, so far this year. As far as Chanda current form, she dealing with minor complications concerning her knee surgery. Scottdale was Chanda first event back from dealing with minor flair up of her knee, so it understandable that she lost to Granville. I reckon the horrid weather conditions complicated things even more.

prophet2
Mar 3rd, 2003, 06:03 PM
Kenneth you are a jackass. Chanda has never used, now or in the past, her injuries as an excuse for playing under par.

elektra 4 u
Mar 3rd, 2003, 08:28 PM
don't even think of mentioning Chanda and Alex in the same sentence, what a major insult to someone of the class of player like Rubin.I think she has had a pretty good start to the year, not very impressive, but consistent for a #12 player, she did almost make the quarter-finals of the Aus.Open and really should have really but ah well. Actually I've noticed a pattern in the matches that Chanda has lost this year. In most of the matches she has lost (except for the ones against kim), shehas always been up a set and a break and then she seems to totally lose concentration and gets steam-rolled when it goes to third sets. I doubt it's due to lack of fitness somehow so as someone already said, she seems to have a problem mentaly. Saying all this though I also can't help but feel that loss to Venus at the US Open has really really dented her confidence coz after that match she seemed really down on herself and saying she should have won that match. anyway, Best of luck to Chanda at Indian Wells!!!!!!!!!Break into the top 10!!!

mauresmofan
Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:08 PM
don't even think of mentioning Chanda and Alex in the same sentence, what a major insult to someone of the class of player like Rubin.

Exactly well put - Chanda is a completely class act and Alexandra is anything but! Good luck with getting into the top 10 Chanda you deserve to be there definately more than Jelena Dokic does!