PDA

View Full Version : ANNE KREMER injury news??

vogus
Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:09 AM
Does anyone know why Anne has withdrawn from IW and Miami? She hasn't played since Aussy Open and is in a 7-month slump.

Jordan.
Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:18 AM
:sad:

monster
Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:19 AM
I was asking the same thing. I didm't jknow she also WD Miami?

She had also WD from Sydney and had a shocking loss to Harkelroad in Auckland, sio something isn't right.

Thanks anyone for some info on one of my fav's

Tratree
Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:39 AM
I'll look for an injury report at IW when I get there later this week. They should have a report since she withdrew.

rated_next
Mar 3rd, 2003, 05:14 AM
she is having wrist problems - not sure though

Tratree: any info on all the injured players, like Garbin and Kremer would be appreciated :)

Peetz
Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:32 AM
Anne suffers from an inflammation in her her left wrist.When i met her some weeks ago in town she told me that she was undergoing a laser therapy and if it would not help she would have to undergo surgery!

The problem first appeared at the end of last season (ironically when she played the Seat Open here in Luxemburg) and it still persists.I am not a doctor but I think a wrist inflammation is one of those injuries that forces a player to take a long break to heal completly.

It is very sad that Anne cannot play IW and Miami because she reached in both tournaments the 4th round last year and eliminated each time Jelena Dokic in straight sets.I hope she will be fit for Amelia Island where she was in the semi-final last year and had back to back wins over Testud and Mauresmo.

I also want to take this opportunity to ask for a player forum for Anne.It is always very complicated to get some information about her and I think a player forum would facilitate it!I do not want to know how complicated it is for people from other countries to get information about her if we Luxemburgers are not informed at all!!! :rolleyes:

I hope you will be able to recover soon Anne :wavey:

Jordan.
Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:36 AM
Get well soon Anne!! :sad: Garbin also. :(

Mambo
Mar 3rd, 2003, 04:50 PM
Poor Anne :sad:

Now she will lose a lot of points because she played good last year at this time.
I hope she will make her comback soon, we know her as a fighter.

Get well soon and good luck !

Tratree
Mar 3rd, 2003, 05:50 PM
Poor Anne :( Sounds like Agassi's injury he had to have surgery on years ago.

Anyways, I will snatch up every piece of literature I can from the WTA about injuries and report all I know in this forum later this week. I'm not going until maybe Thursday though, so it won't be until then.