PDA

View Full Version : Ai has made a new fan!!

Venus Forever
Mar 2nd, 2003, 10:00 PM
I am extremely impressed with Ai today. She truly is a fighter and I love fighters.

She is clearly exhausted from both matches today, yet she continues to fight against Kim and even took the second set. She has truly impressed me because she just doesn't give up. She keeps going and going, and I really respect that in her. She may be extremely tired, but she keeps going.

Ai, you are now one of my favorites. You are a GREAT player.

GO AI

WIN THE TITLE!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

wongqks
Mar 2nd, 2003, 10:03 PM
Go Ai :D

Venus Forever
Mar 2nd, 2003, 11:06 PM
Ai, you played absolutely PHENOMENAL!!

GREAT JOB ON YOUR TITLE!!

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Mase
Mar 2nd, 2003, 11:25 PM
That was well said VF. Im with you, I also really appreciate anyone who has that fighting spirit and she definitley had that today. To play so many freaking sets and then come out and beat a fresh Kim is just amazing to me. And to not crumble under that pressue is just phenomenal. She also has a new fan in me...

Congrats Ai!!

Venus Forever
Mar 2nd, 2003, 11:48 PM
Glad to see someone else join the fan group.:D

Leena
Mar 2nd, 2003, 11:53 PM
That was really impressive from Ai... I don't know how she played such great tennis in the 5th and 6th sets she played today. I've never seen her play that aggressively, and that well ever. Ai definitely proved she has lots of fight and heart... awesome, inspiring performance. :)

LeonHart
Mar 2nd, 2003, 11:55 PM
Ai played an AWESOME match. Her serve was bit off, but everything else was on FIRE today! :D

selesfan
Mar 2nd, 2003, 11:57 PM
She played unbelievably, I don't know hiw she had all that energy in her 6th set of the day.

Rtael
Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:09 AM
HeHe, Ai gained alot of fans today =) :hearts:

Consistency
Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:16 AM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

Wow! Ai the 5'4" giant killer. I thought for sure this was Kim's match to win. I'm impressed.

Go Ai! :D

Mr. Man
Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:16 AM
I've always been a fan of Ai. Now I'm even more of a fan. Go Ai! You played phenomanal.

Tennisfan-Mtl
Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:36 AM
Isn't it refreshing to see someone like Ai give her everything to beat top players and grab a title ???

I love tennis :D

atlantic50
Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:39 AM
Break into top ten this year. Ai!! You deserve it!! You are such a fighter. :worship:

rated_next
Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:54 AM
this is exactly why i love tennis as well - refreshing to see someone like ai win a tournament against the best players

well done :)

Nicky2002
Mar 3rd, 2003, 02:21 AM
Asian power :bounce:

ex hopman
Mar 3rd, 2003, 02:25 AM
Yeeee haaaawwwww!! Good luck on the last final game today !!!

TennisWannabe
Mar 3rd, 2003, 02:31 AM
This is my first time watching Ai play and I must say I too was impressed with the fight that she showed...what an amazing display of will and focus. The heart she showed today puts her among the best out there. All I can say is way to go AI!!

WtaTour4Ever
Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:11 AM
Count me in too. I was impressed with Ai today, I can see why she is having good results.

bis2806
Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:20 AM
i don't even have a clue how she managed to win all her 4 matches, of which 3 are tough ones.... how did she get the energy ???

maccardel
Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:23 AM
I am impressed too...I am now a fan of hers...

I thought that the final was gonna be a sweep for kim but noooooooooooo...

Then to win the doubles crown too..........good going.......I am impressed....

Leena
Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:26 AM
I have to consider this one of the better feats in tennis history... Ai played 6 sets today, 6 long sets where she had to run around constantly, and she played wonderfully against Kim in the final set! For anyone that's played tennis... you know you have to be in absolutely phenomenal condition to pull that off.

I'm not sure if she's playing IW, but either way, she'll have no matches the next week... and she'll need the rest. :)

Venus Forever
Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:31 AM
Ai actually played 10 sets today, winning 8 of them.

Absolutely amazing!!:D

gorecki
Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:35 AM
:)

treufreund
Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:41 AM
I have to consider this one of the better feats in tennis history... Ai played 6 sets today, 6 long sets where she had to run around constantly, and she played wonderfully against Kim in the final set! For anyone that's played tennis... you know you have to be in absolutely phenomenal condition to pull that off.

I'm not sure if she's playing IW, but either way, she'll have no matches the next week... and she'll need the rest. :)

And then AI/KIM won their doubles semis 7-5, 6-0 and then the FINALS over LINDSAY DAVENPORT/LISA RAYMOND 6-1, 6-4!!!!!!!!!!!!

1jackson2001
Mar 3rd, 2003, 06:20 AM
I've always like Ai and been a fan of hers...no I love her even more. Congrats Ai and keep that form for the rest of your career! :D

Experimentee
Mar 3rd, 2003, 10:47 AM
I wish i could have seen this match. It sounded amazing. I always like it when Asians do well because theres not many of them and tennis could use a popularity boost in Asia.

Dracula
Mar 3rd, 2003, 11:15 AM
i have been a fan of her for a long tim.

why no ai avatar?

King Aaron
Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:02 PM
I've not always supported Ai and I thought Kim was going to win easily but aftert yesterday, I'm a fan! Congrats Ai! :D