PDA

View Full Version : The Nathalie Dechy cheering thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Bероника
Feb 26th, 2003, 09:02 PM
Nathalie,the second french players dreams of one day being the first.Here we'll follow and cheer her in her way up!!

ALLEZ NATHALIE!!!!!

http://www.wtatour.com/assets/personnel_image/mug69.jpg

Bероника
Mar 2nd, 2003, 09:04 PM
http://www.fft.fr/Roland_Garros_1998/images/joueurs2/dechy2.jpg

http://www.fft.fr/rg99/photos1/dechy2.jpg

http://www.fft.fr/rg99/photos1/dechy1.jpg

Bероника
Mar 4th, 2003, 12:31 AM
http://www.chesco.com/~nvayn/tennis/dechy/pics/dechywin.jpg

Bероника
Mar 4th, 2003, 12:32 AM
Player Profile - Nathalie Dechy

(WTATOUR exclusive by Reven Oliver) - One can't help but wonder what is going on behind the shy facade that is so evident in Nathalie Dechy. Surely she has not gained her career high ranking of No. 28 at the tender age 20 by being as amiable as she is off-court. Behind the chocolate eyes and timid smile is a determined and very intelligent young lady. She likes to relax by reading a novel but much prefers to delve into a biography, having recently finished reading that of Ghandi, or modern history. She is currently reading about life in Egypt. Nathalie has always enjoyed an easy comprehension of mathematics and remembers fondly participating in math classes taught by her father. In fact it was her advanced reading skills and proficiency in mathematics which propelled her two grade levels when she was a child, allowing her to graduate from high school two years early.

Nathalie was born on the island of Guadeloupe which is a territory of France, located in the Carribean. The family had relocated there while Nathalie's father completed his military service. They enjoyed the lifestyle enough to remain an extra year after her father's duties to the French government were fulfilled. Ironically, Nathalie has never returned to the place of her birth. She now calls Paris home although she escapes the city on the rare occasions her schedule permits to be with her family who live approximately two hours away. Dechy's best results have come in those places she "feels at home". This past February at The Paris Indoors, she upset countrywoman Sandrine Testud and Iva Majoli en route to her second semifinal appearance on the WTA TOUR. It was on those same courts in Paris that three years earlier she advanced thru the qualifying event before upsetting Lori McNeil and Nathalie Tauziat to reach the quarterfinal. It was only Dechy's third professional tournament. She has also recorded impressive results in Canada. Her mother, a French Canadian from Montreal, has an abundance of family who come out to support her. It was at the Canadian Open in Montreal that Dechy defeated Venus Williams in 1997 and she turned in her first semifinal appearance in Quebec City last October.

Bероника
Mar 4th, 2003, 12:34 AM
http://www.wtastars.com/dechy/dechy029.jpg

TatiAnnahølic
Mar 4th, 2003, 04:39 PM
Good Luck in Indian Welles! :bounce:

Bероника
Mar 5th, 2003, 05:27 PM
http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/photos/gallery/pic-08-03-02-n03-g.jpg

Come-on-kim
Mar 7th, 2003, 08:15 PM
Come On Nat

Bероника
Mar 7th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Nathalie just beat Koulikovskaya 6-2,6-1 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Bероника
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:49 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/Dechy030803.jpg

http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/Group030803.jpg

tennisIlove09
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Dechy win sets up rematch
Top-seeded Clijsters lost to Frenchwoman in last year’s event
March 10 2003
By Patti Myers
The Desert Sun

INDIAN WELLS -- Nathalie Dechy smiles when she talks about the Pacific Life Open.

The tournament has been good for her, and she has fourth-round appearances on her resume to show for it.

Dechy is on track toward another late-round appearance following Sunday’s 3-6, 6-4, 6-4 victory over Italy’s Silvia Farina Elia.

The 21st-ranked Italian has always been a tough opponent for Dechy, who is ranked No. 22 in the world. However, she now leads the series 4-2.

"It’s a good tournament that I like,’’ Dechy said of her fourth appearance in Indian Wells. "It’s always good to come here, to have this great place here. It’s so calm, like peaceful. You’re there just to play tennis and focus on the tennis.

"Yeah, I like this place. I always did some great matches. I had some great victories. Why not keep going?"

Dechy will have a chance to pull another upset Tuesday when she meets top-seeded Kim Clijsters.

Clijsters, the top seed a year ago as well, was on the losing end of last year’s second-round match against Dechy (6-2, 7-5). The 24-year-old Frenchwoman said that match is sure to be in the back of her mind -- and Clijster’s as well.

"Both of us will have this match in a little corner of our mind,’’ she said. "It won’t be the same because Kim -- since that match -- has won a lot of matches and is now the No. 3 in the world, has won more championships.

"On the court, it’s going to be really tough for sure. But I’m happy to play against her for sure."

Still, during Sunday’s match, Dechy had to overcome Farina Elia. She doesn’t have an answer for all of the tough matches she’s had against Farina Elia.

"Maybe she likes my game," Dechy said. "She’s really hard -- it’s hard to win a point against her because she moves really well. She changes the pace. Her balls are always well-placed in the court. It’s a game that bothers me a little bit, so I had to be really careful on her."

Farina Elia started well Sunday, and Dechy found herself trailing for most of the first set. She admitted she had to fight to stay in the match and grab a point at a time.

The turning point came in the second set.

"In the beginning of the second set, I start to feel really better, like try to move much better, to hit the ball better," she said.

Dechy tried desperately to step up in the court, go to the net and alter the pace of the game.

"On the first set, I was always behind my line,’’ she said. "She was like the boss on the court, making me run. In the second set, it started to change."

Dechylikes where her game is going and has played solid tennis already this season, winning her first career WTA Tour title at Gold Coast in Australia.

"For the last few months, my tennis has been improving a lot," she said. "There are more and more players, top 20, top 30, who are able to play well and beat the top 10."

Dechy gets her chance to do just that Tuesday against Clijsters, a 7-5, 6-4 winner over Italy’s Francesca Schiavone.

Bероника
Mar 10th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Good luck,Nathalie!!!

Tweety
Mar 12th, 2003, 07:31 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/DechyStadium030903.jpg

Julian
Mar 15th, 2003, 02:58 PM
Je t'aime Nathalie! :D (lol I think that's right)

First caught sight of her in 1998 when she played Martina Hingis (and a tough match at that!), but haven't really followed her results until 2000. And since then I have become a fan. She seems really down to earth and plays tennis for the love of the game. I absolutely love that smile of hers and she is also a beautiful players (cute french accent) ;) Even though she has beaten my fave SO many times last year lol, there are no sour grapes at all. Now Im so happy that she finally won her 1st singles title this year and IMO it can only get better. (She's also only the 3rd player to take Clijsters to 3 sets this year, the others are Serena and Ai!) Allez NAT! :)

Tweety
Mar 15th, 2003, 03:24 PM
Je t'aime Nathalie! :D (lol I think that's right)

If you love her I think it is ;)

Nicoleke
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:59 PM
If you love her I think it is ;)
So, everybody like Natahlie Dechy :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

Tweety
Mar 18th, 2003, 07:22 PM
The draw this week is finally better :) The first seeded player she'll meet won't be the 1st seeded :)

Fingers are crossed for two good weeks :)

Julian
Mar 20th, 2003, 02:55 AM
LoL Tweety, I must be right then! :D ;)

Tweety
Mar 20th, 2003, 06:54 PM
;) :wavey:

Nicoleke
Mar 22nd, 2003, 05:48 PM
Go to Natahlie Dechy :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

Tweety
Apr 1st, 2003, 04:20 PM
Nathalie won the first round in Sarasota by beating Chladkova 6-4 6-2 yesterday :bounce:

katrientje
Apr 14th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Hi! :wavey:
I took some pics of nathalie in antwerp with you and thought you guys would like to see them
Hope you enjoy them although the quality isn't all that good ;-)

Julian
Apr 15th, 2003, 12:02 AM
Thanx for the pics! In Amelia Island Nathalie first plays Maria Vento-Kabchi. BONNE CHANCE!

Tweety
May 10th, 2003, 07:47 PM
*bump*

I'll post my photos of Berlin soon, meanwhile Nathalie needs support for Rome :)

Julian
May 10th, 2003, 10:35 PM
Bonne chance to Nathalie in Rome! She has had consistent results this year but lets hope she "breaksthrough" this time!! :)

Tweety
May 12th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Nathalie beat Ashley Harkleroad 1-6 6-3 6-2 :bounce:

Second round will be versus Tulyaganova or Coetzer http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/unsortierbar/daumen01.gif

Scotso
May 12th, 2003, 08:18 PM
Allez Nathalie :D

We need to get her her own forum ;)

Tweety
May 13th, 2003, 04:05 PM

I support this :D

Tweety
Jul 6th, 2003, 01:28 PM
*bump*

Obviously we don't need it :o

Scotso
Jul 6th, 2003, 01:42 PM
If we had it I would post there a lot ;)

Tweety
Jul 6th, 2003, 02:10 PM
Let's try to keep this thread alive at first ;)

Sammm
Jul 11th, 2003, 01:50 PM
When I was @ Eatbourne I smiled at Five players and only Nathalie and Chanda smiled back. Nathalie gave me her autograph and I wished her bonne chance.
Nathalie was so nice.

icetrein
Jul 13th, 2003, 11:22 PM
I'll help a litlle to keep it alive ;)
I'm a nathalie fan as well ;) she's great :D
Go nathalie :bounce:

Come-on-kim
Jul 28th, 2003, 06:01 PM
Nat withdrew from San Diego due to a wrist injury :sad:

icetrein
Jul 28th, 2003, 10:35 PM
yeah :sad: I just found out :sad:

Scotso
Jul 29th, 2003, 08:18 AM
Nathalie :sad:

get well soon!

Sonf@
Jul 29th, 2003, 03:41 PM
I didn't like Nathalie at all earlier because she was beating all my faves ;) but oh well, I managed to know her better at this year's Fed Cup in Oviedo. She was the only French Player that treated me well. Aloro was too shy, Amelie was too angry and Loit was too, well, Loit wasn't as nice as Nathalie.
Nathalie didn't play her best tennis, but was the best French Player outhere.

Come-on-kim
Jul 29th, 2003, 05:52 PM
please, answer me!! is it right that nat is living in Belgium?

Tweety
Jul 30th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Oh Nathalie :sad: Get well soon!

rated_next
Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:49 AM
now she withdrew from LA

does anyone know anything about her injury?

Tweety
Aug 2nd, 2003, 12:42 PM
I can't find anything either ...

*JR*
Aug 6th, 2003, 02:04 AM
Sacre bleu, Nat injured again! Her and childhood neighbor and rival Amelie could keep a physiotherapist employed full time. :eek: Re. the Belgium thing, her official residence in V d'A is within about 10 km of BEL, so she may hang out there alot. (Nat attended Juju's wedding and Kim was half a world away, of course). I love the #8 pic as I call it (or: Placid Parisian Pretty in Pink). And I'm still waiting for the first "P match" in a millenium (literally, last was in '99). Peppermint Patty Plays Placid Parisian. (Personalities Polar oPPosites)! ;)

Come-on-kim
Aug 6th, 2003, 07:35 AM
now, i'm sure nat's definately live in Belgium! Her parents live in Villeneuve d'Ascq

Nicoleke
Aug 7th, 2003, 09:19 PM
Nathalie Dechy will be back next week on the Wta tour :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

icetrein
Aug 7th, 2003, 11:07 PM
Good news :D :worship::worship:

Tweety
Aug 8th, 2003, 01:22 PM
Nathalie Dechy will be back next week on the Wta tour :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

~Binbin~
Aug 15th, 2003, 03:51 PM
I'm a fan of Amélie Mauresmo, but I also like Nathalie Dechy (I talked to her and she is soooooooooo nice) so ... good lucky Nathalie!!!

:bigclap: Allez Nathalie!!! T'es trop sympa et tu tues tout! :bigclap:

Scotso
Aug 15th, 2003, 09:41 PM
For like the first time ever, Nathalie Dechy cannot be seeded to play Serena in the 3rd round :D

Come-on-kim
Aug 16th, 2003, 08:42 AM
I dreamt of Nat this night, she was training near my home and i asked her an autograph and then she asked me to be her sparring partner!!! :kiss: I wish it wasn't a dream

Bероника
Aug 23rd, 2003, 03:31 PM
US OPEN:

Nat faces Bethanie Mattek (USA) in the first round.

Allez Nat!!!!! Bonne chance!!!!

Tweety
Aug 23rd, 2003, 04:28 PM
Fingers are crossed, even on my holidays next week ;)

Bonne chance Nat, allez :)

Tweety
Aug 23rd, 2003, 04:41 PM
P.S.: Please post her pictures from the US Open here, that way I'll find them easier when I'm back :angel:

Scotso
Oct 10th, 2003, 07:19 PM
This thread died :o

Come back to us, Nathalie! :sad:

Bероника
Jan 25th, 2004, 07:32 PM
http://www.australianopen.com/images/pics/large/b_dechy_2501.jpg

Allez Nathalie!!!

Bonne chance cette nuit contre Schnyder!!! :D

Bероника
Feb 10th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Let's re-live this thread.Nathalie deserves it.:D

Nathalie starts tomorrow to play in Open Gaz de France in Paris.She faces Mary Pierce in her first match.

Bonne chance,Nath!!!!

Scotso
Feb 10th, 2004, 08:57 PM
Nathalie withdrew with a thigh strain :sad:

Bероника
Feb 11th, 2004, 12:19 AM
10 février 2004 - Damien DUBRAS (redaction_foot@sporever.fr)

Nathalie Dechy a pris la décision de ne pas participer à l’Open Gaz de France en raison d’une blessure à la cuisse gauche survenue à l’entraînement le week-end dernier. « Ce n’est pas une décision facile à prendre car il s’agit d’un de mes tournois favoris. Malheureusement, durant un entraînement, j’ai ressenti comme une contraction dans la jambe gauche. J’espérais pouvoir m’aligner mais cela ne s’est pas arrangé après des soins en début de semaine. J’ai vu le docteur aujourd’hui et il m’a annoncé que je pouvais me blesser encore plus sérieusement si je jouais. Je suis très déçue mais j’attends maintenant avec impatience mon retour ici l’an prochain et je donnerai 100%. » a-t-elle déclaré dans un communiqué. Dommage donc pour le tennis français qui se voit privé d’un joli choc entre Dechy et Pierce. Du coup, Mary Pierce affrontera, mercredi, l’Espagnole Arantxa Parra.

Bероника
Feb 11th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Nathalie Dechy : « C'est frustrant »

11 février 2004 - Damien DUBRAS (redaction_foot@sporever.fr)

Venue avec une grosse envie de bien faire dans ce 12ème Open Gaz de France, Nathalie Dechy ne pourra pas défendre ses chances. La faute à une vilaine élongation à la cuisse gauche qui la prive de l'un de ses tournois préférés. Évidemment déçue, elle a préféré ne pas prendre de risques pour ne pas hypothéquer la suite de sa saison.

http://www.opengazdefrance.com/mediastore/gdf/open/img/p.gifNathalie Dechy, comment cette blessure est-elle arrivée ?
Sur la période d’entraînement, je me suis beaucoup donnée, j’ai vraiment beaucoup travaillé et j’ai rapidement ressenti une petite élongation probablement dûe à la fatigue. Durant ces entraînements, j’ai commencé à avoir mal à la cuisse mais j’ai d’abord pensé que c’étaient des courbatures. Vendredi, quand j’ai « tapé » ici, durant 1h15, 1h30, j’ai vraiment commencé à ressentir des douleurs vives. Je me suis donc bien reposée samedi et dimanche mais dès que j’ai tapé à nouveau lundi, j’ai ressenti une pointe. Je suis donc allée voir Bernard (Montalvan, médecin de l’équipe de France) et l’IRM a révélé une lésion d’un centimètre et demi. Ce qui signifie obligatoirement trois semaines d’arrêt, le temps que la cicatrisation se fasse.

On vous sent très déçue ?
Oui, c’est vraiment très dur car je me sentais en pleine forme et c’est toujours rageant de s’arrêter à ce moment-là. En plus, j’ai une envie de jouer au tennis qui est énorme parce qu'avec ma reprise et les bons matches que j’ai joués en Australie, j’étais lancée et j’avais envie de faire de belles choses. C’est frustrant. Mais, bon… Ce sont les petits soucis d’un athlète professionnel et je dois gérer cela. Mais, le point positif, c’est que je vais pouvoir travailler sur le haut du corps, ce que je n’avais pas pu faire avec ma blessure au poignet en début de saison. De cette façon, en milieu d’année, je serai plus fraîche que les autres, peut-être ! (Rires)

Cette blessure est d’autant plus embêtante que vous aviez une belle carte à jouer dans cet Open Gaz de France, avec l’absence de nombreuses favorites ?
Oui, complètement. En plus, Gaz de France, c’est un tournoi qui me tient vraiment à cœur. C’est là que j’ai fait mes débuts, c’est un tournoi à la maison, ce n’est jamais agréable de devoir déclarer forfait dans un tel tournoi. Surtout que c’est venu au dernier moment et que je ne m’y attendais pas du tout. C’est, c’est… (Elle cherche ses mots) C’est une petite blessure, mais il faut vraiment faire attention parce qu’une déchirure mal traitée, ça peut traîner pendant des mois et ce n’est vraiment pas ce que je veux faire. Autant faire attention.

Allez-vous tout de même suivre la fin du tournoi ?
Je vais rester quelques jours car j’ai des obligations mais après, je vais me concentrer sur mes objectifs, c’est-à-dire me remettre en forme et travailler.

Dans l’immédiat, quel sera votre programme ? Repos complet jusqu’à la cicatrisation de votre blessure ?
Oui, je vais me reposer durant les dix premiers jours concernant les jambes. Mais parallèlement, j’ai déjà commencé un travail de renforcement au niveau du corps et puis, des soins deux fois par jour.

Avez-vous une idée de votre date de reprise ?
J’espère revenir à Doha, fin février-début mars (NDLR : le tournoi débute le 1er mars). J’espère mais il faudra voir suivant l’évolution de la blessure. En tout cas, je serai sûrement à Indian Wells (le 8 mars).

Ce qui est sûr, c’est que vous serez présente pour la Fed Cup ?
Oui, bien sûr ! (Rires) Ce qui est sympa, c’est que l’on sera toutes en forme pour la Fed Cup ! (Rires)

Bероника
Mar 3rd, 2004, 04:37 PM
Doha 2 rd:

Nathalie Dechy (FRA) d. (WC) Sandrine Testud (FRA) 62 57 63

Bien joué,Nat!!!!

Martian Jeza
Mar 12th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Is it true she lives in Belgium in my own city : Tournai ? I still can't believe it.

jlamire
Mar 16th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Is it true she lives in Belgium in my own city : Tournai ? I still can't believe it.
Yep
She seems to be living in Tournai and her parents are in Villeneuve D'Ascq near Lille in France.
However I wonder if she is there often...

johnboy4
Mar 21st, 2004, 01:27 AM
she made it to the semifinals at Indian Wells.

jlamire
Mar 21st, 2004, 12:54 PM
she made it to the semifinals at Indian Wells.
Yep :)

Hope she'll bounce on that result and progress to the next level!

Scotso
Mar 21st, 2004, 09:17 PM
Nice run for Nathalie :D

jlamire
Mar 22nd, 2004, 12:03 PM
When I look at the current Miami field, I can't help thinking that with a decent draw Nat could make some noise again.

...even without a decent draw ;)

Allez Nathalie, c'est ton annee cette fois ci !

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Bероника
May 5th, 2004, 08:27 PM
(16) Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi (ISR) d. Nathalie Dechy (FRA) 16 64 61 in Berlin.Disappointing result,Nat!!!

jlamire
May 7th, 2004, 10:24 AM
(16) Anna Smashnova-Pistolesi (ISR) d. Nathalie Dechy (FRA) 16 64 61 in Berlin.Disappointing result,Nat!!!
And it's worse when you see how it happened....it's just as if Nat got tense in the middle of the match. Obviously she needs to do something seriously about that.
Hopefully she'll do much better at Rome.

Tweety
May 7th, 2004, 11:51 AM
I was there and saw the match live. Nathalie started to serve and got right broken by Smashnova-Pistolesi. Obviously ;) she broke back and hold then. These three games were close. After these three games Smashnova seemed a little bit "pissed off". There was also a rain delay. Nathalie was playing quitegood first set. In the second set Nathalie was leading two times with break too, but Smashnova broke back. Then she held, but Nathalie wasn't able to. At 4-5 Nathalie had break chances again, but couldn't use any. In this part of the match there were a lot of very long points, Nathalie was looking exhausted.
The third set was closer than the score indicates. Smashnova was just hitting her topspin balls, without doing a lot of unforced erroros. It was Nathalie who made the game, with a lot of winners, but (of course) also a few unforced errors ;)

P.S.: Sorry for grammar and spelling mistakes :o

Bероника
May 12th, 2004, 01:14 AM
This week Nathalie is playing in Rome.Today she qualified for the second round.

Nathalie Dechy (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/tennis/profile/200.html) (Fra) bat Kristina Brandi (Puerto Rico) 6-4 6-4.
Now Mauresmo is awaiting her.

Bероника
Jun 8th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Nathalie plays this week in Birmingham

Allez Nat!!!

http://birmingham.lta.org.uk/photos/90x90_dechy.jpg

Bероника
Jun 10th, 2004, 01:47 AM
http://www.eurosport.fr/imgbk/TENNIS/ALL/big_MD-I97085.jpg</IMG>
Tête de série n°6, Nathalie Dechy s'est inclinée devant Roberta Vinci (6-0, 4-6, 7-6) dès le 2e tour du tournoi de Birmingham, mercredi. Emilie Loit, victorieuse de Cara Black (6-1, 6-7, 6-3), et Tatiana Golovin, qui a bénéficié de l'abandon de Daniela Hantuchova (6-0, 3-1, ab.), sont en revanche qualifiées.

elinaline
Jun 14th, 2004, 12:38 PM
L'avis de Guy Forget sur Nathalie ;)

http://membres.lycos.fr/tennisphotos/hpbimg/NATHavisguy.jpg

Bероника
Jun 14th, 2004, 08:04 PM
Nathalie Dechy (FRA) d. Fabiola Zuluaga (COL) 62 61

Bon début pour Nat à Eastbourne.She beat a player ranked above her and now advances to the 2nd round.:D

Allez Nathalie!!!!

Bероника
Jun 14th, 2004, 10:58 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/eastbourne/f_20.jpg

Nat au centre de la photo

elinaline
Jun 15th, 2004, 05:22 PM
cool la photo merci veronika ;)

Bероника
Jun 16th, 2004, 02:03 PM
Nathalie just lost to Zvonareva :(

(4) Vera Zvonareva (RUS) d. Nathalie Dechy (FRA) 61 36 63

Bероника
Jun 17th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Nathalie Dechy éliminée Nathalie Dechy s’est inclinée face à la Russe Vera Zvonareva, en trois sets (6/1 3/6 6/3) au tournoi de Eastbourne. Autre qualifiée du jour, Daniela Hantuchova.

Nathalie Dechy a été éliminée par la Russe Vera Zvonareva au deuxième tour du tournoi de Eastbourne. Dechy aura tout de même bataillée pendant trois sets avant de s’incliner (6/1 3/6 6/3). L’autre qualifiée de la journée est Daniela Hantuchova qui a éliminé Karolina Sprem, également en trois sets (6/3 2/6 6/4). Amélie Mauresmo rencontrera la Britannique Janes dans l’après-midi.

Bероника
Jun 18th, 2004, 03:26 AM
http://www.tennis.info/images/BL2/Dechy01.jpg

Bероника
Jun 23rd, 2004, 03:18 PM
Virginie Razzano a créé la surprise en sortant la Russe Kuznetsova en trois sets. Nathalie Dechy a de son côté éliminé l’Espagnole Medina Garrigues.

La jeune Française issue des qualifications a eu besoin de trois sets (7-6, 3-6, 6-4) pour terrasser la tête de série n°8. Elle s’est imposée sur sa première balle de match.
La tâche a été plus aisée pour Nathalie Dechy (6-3, 6-4).
Au prochain tour Razzano sera opposée à Likhovtseva, une autre Russe, tandis que Dechy jouera contre Sanchez Lorenzo ou O’Brien.

Bероника
Jun 25th, 2004, 08:53 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20040625/sge.hwy10.250604170309.photo00.default-384x254.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20040625/sge.hwx85.250604170224.photo00.default-246x384.jpg

Impressive victory today,Nat!!! Keep them coming!!!

Bероника
Jun 28th, 2004, 01:13 AM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20040627/sge.ihv52.270604180029.photo00.default-384x251.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20040627/sge.ifu42.270604120959.photo00.default-279x384.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20040627/sge.ifu37.270604120949.photo00.default-384x288.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20040627/sge.ifp47.270604113319.photo00.default-244x384.jpg

Bероника
Jun 28th, 2004, 01:27 AM
Exit Dechy

Nathalie Dechy devra encore patienter, avant de pouvoir prendre le meilleur sur Jennifer Capriati (n°7). Pour sa sixième confrontation avec l'Américaine, la Française a encore baissé pavillon en s'inclinant 7-5, 6-1 en 1h10'. Après une entame délicate et 3 jeux perdus d'affilée, Dechy est revenue dans la partie, grâce à une meilleure agressivité et un bon pourcentage de premières balles. Une renaissance qu'elle n'est toutefois pas parvenue à concrétiser dans ce premier set finalement abandonné à Capriati (7-5).

Dès lors, le match a pris une toute autre tournure avec une Dechy trop crispée pour pouvoir inverser le cours des événements. Avec à l'arrivée, un score un peu trop sévère pour la Française.

fan22
Jun 28th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Wimbledon 2004
http://www.wimbledon.org/images/pics/large/b_07_dechy11_ps.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040627/all/l1158026.jpg

fan22
Jun 28th, 2004, 04:59 AM
DECHY OF FRANCE REACTS IN MATCH AGAINST CAPRIATI OF THE U.S. AT WIMBLEDON
http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2004-06-27T115657Z_01_WIM21D_RTRIDSP_2_SPORT-TENNIS.jpgNathalie Dechy of France reacts after a missed shot against seventh seed Jennifer Capriati of the U.S. in their third round match on Court 1 at the Wimbledon Tennis Championships in London, June 27, 2004. Capriati won the match 7-5 6-1. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

[ Click Here for Super High Resolution (http://www.gotennis.com/Photos/2004-06-27T115657Z_01_WIM21D_RTRIDSP_3_SPORT-TENNIS.jpg) ]

Bероника
Jun 28th, 2004, 01:39 PM
Thanks for these pics fan22!!!

Too bad Capriati was too strong for Nath :sad:

Bероника
Jul 27th, 2004, 01:09 AM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040726/all/l1180298.jpg

Accrocheuse, Nathalie Dechy s'est quand même inclinée devant la Russe Vera Zvonareva (6-4, 7-6) au 1er tour du tournoi de San Diego, lundi. Marion Bartoli aura également fort à faire face à la Colombienne Fabiola Zuluaga pour son entrée en lice sur le ciment nord-américain.

http://www.eurosport.fr/imgbk/TENNIS/ALL/big_MD-I148098.jpg

Bероника
Jul 29th, 2004, 01:16 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/sandiego/f_18.jpg

©WTA Tour
San Diego: The Tennis Channel treated Nathalie Dechy to a spa treatment at the La Costa Resort.

Bероника
Aug 1st, 2004, 01:04 PM
Nathalie faces Laura Granville in the first round of that tournament.She shouldn't have problems to advance to round 2.

Allez Nat!!!!

Bероника
Aug 2nd, 2004, 04:03 PM
http://www.rogerscup.com/photos/341x170/draw.jpg

That's Nat in the center of the pic ;)

Bероника
Aug 5th, 2004, 03:37 PM
Golovin OK, Dechy KO

Tatiana Golovin s'est qualifiée mercredi pour le 3e tour du tournoi de Montréal en battant la Colombienne Fabiola Zuluaga (6-3, 4-6, 6-2). Anastasi Myskina et Maria Sharapova sont également passée, mais Nathalie Dechy a été éliminée par Francesca Schiavone.

GoSandrine
Aug 6th, 2004, 03:18 AM
Good luck in Athens Nat :kiss:

May the force be with you!!! :angel: :bigwave:

jlamire
Aug 6th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Her second tier of season begins to be really bad. She keeps sinking in the race. At the beginning of the season I had great expectations because I thought she had become more of a fighter on the court and she did not have much to defend till the end of the season.
It seems that clay season has made all her confidence disappear.
Does anybody has an explanation here?
I am under the impression the other girls are making better progress than her. Just think of Schiavone. I don't think she was better than Nat a few years ago and I don't think she has more potential. And yet she is doing far better now.
Don't you think it's high time for Nat to do something? I don't know, maybe find a new coach to push her a little bit and make her being much more aggressive?
If only she could find that killer instinct I'm sure she could do so much better...

Anyway good luck for the end of the season and especially do well at the last Grand Slam, Nat.

GoSandrine
Aug 7th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Nathalie and Sandrine will medal in Athens. Mark my words. :yeah: :yippee:

*JR*
Aug 27th, 2004, 02:01 AM
Mon Placeed Parisiene beats Jenni-FER! :worship:

"Sluggy"
Aug 27th, 2004, 09:04 AM
WOw Mlle Dechy, your putting your Fesses in action! You go girl!

*JR*
Aug 27th, 2004, 11:09 AM
WOw Mlle Dechy, your putting your Fesses in action! You go girl!(On Sept. 18th, Mademoiselle becomes a Madame). ;)

Tennisfan-Mtl
Aug 27th, 2004, 12:28 PM
What a win over Capriati :eek: :) :)

jlamire
Aug 27th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Bravo Nathalie !!!
I hope it will boost her confidence.

swiss
Aug 27th, 2004, 01:34 PM
:worship: enfin :worship:
give a chance to your talent :bounce:

GoSandrine
Aug 28th, 2004, 04:38 AM
wow Nathalie, great stuff! :eek: :D :yeah:

Bonne chance in the finals tomorrow :kiss:

Nicoleke
Aug 28th, 2004, 11:28 AM
(On Sept. 18th, Mademoiselle becomes a Madame). ;)
Yeah :yeah: :) !!!!!

Bероника
Aug 28th, 2004, 03:57 PM
wow wow wow Allez Nathalie!!!

Bероника
Aug 28th, 2004, 04:33 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/reuters_ids/20040827/05/3741722603.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040828/all/l1210028.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040828/all/l1210026.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040828/all/l1210024.jpg

Bероника
Aug 28th, 2004, 04:46 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040827/all/l1208717.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040827/all/l1208716.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040827/all/l1208681.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040827/all/l1208680.jpg

Bероника
Aug 29th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Nathalie lost a very tied final in New Haven against Bovina. :sad:

This is what she said:
"Losing in the final for sure is disappointing, but I had such a great week. I am coming from the Olympics. I did not know really what to expect because I just arrived on Saturday evening. The whole week has been really great. So I just have to think about this and then move on to the US Open next week."

And here are some photos:

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040828/all/l1211041.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040828/all/l1211037.jpg

griffin
Aug 30th, 2004, 03:50 PM
a few days late, but:

http://www.nhregister.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=12800064&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=7600&rfi=6&xb=vifuj

Dechy ousts Raymond
Karen Tucker , Register Staff 08/28/2004
NEW HAVEN — There have been times during the Pilot Pen Tennis tournament when Nathalie Dechy has made it look easy.

During Friday night’s semifinal, however, she appeared to have hit a bump in the road.

Advertisement
After dominating the first four games, Dechy hit a ball past No. 40 Lisa Raymond at the net and felt a pop in her neck. Raymond held serve to get on the scoreboard, and Dechy was forced to call for a trainer.

Minutes later, Dechy returned to the court, overcame the injury scare and was able to finish what she had started, easily beating No. 40 Lisa Raymond 6-4, 6-0 in just 56 minutes in front of 7,401 on Stadium Court.

The win put Dechy into today’s final, where she will meet her doubles partner, seventh-seed Elena Bovina, who defeated second-seed Elena Dementieva in the other semifinal.

"(Elena) won pretty easily today, so it’s going to be a tough match for me," said Dechy, of what will be her first final this season. "The first thing is to be fit and ready for tomorrow because I have to compete 100 percent to win this final."

While her health may have been in question after the medical timeout, Dechy did not let it slow her down.

Dechy showed early in the match the same type of play that enabled her to knock defending champion and third-seed Jennifer Capriati out of the tournament the previous night.

"The beginning until 4-love, I was playing unbelievable," Dechy said. "I couldn’t miss one shot."

Just after she experienced the injury, however, she felt it affecting her shots and had no choice but to seek medical assistance.

"I realized it wasn’t going to be very good after that, so that’s why I called the (trainer)," Dechy said. "I never called the (trainer) in my life on the tennis court, but I knew that she could help me a little bit to loosen it up and then give me a lot of Advil to start to take the pain away."

She held serve upon returning to the court and took the 5-1 lead.

"The bad thing was that I couldn’t serve, the speed of my serve went down maybe 10 (mph), maybe even more," Dechy said. "Then my backhand was pretty hard, and I was moving with a lot of pain."

Raymond used that to her advantage and put together three straight games to close the gap to just one. Dechy continued her strong play, however, winning the last seven games of the match and quickly putting an end to Raymond’s run in New Haven.

"She did come out firing," Raymond said. "But I needed to step it up a little bit more than I did tonight."

After unexpectedly earning the wild card, Raymond beat No. 41 Dinara Safina, No. 15 Nadia Petrova and No. 34 Daniela Hantuchova to get into her second semifinal of the season. While she was happy with the opportunity to get in some good matches before the U.S. Open, Raymond admitted that she was disappointed to not have played better in the semifinal.

"I kind of was very defensive tonight, whereas in the last few matches, I’ve been the opposite, I’ve been the one dictating and kind of taking it to my opponent," Raymond said. "I don’t know if it was maybe the opportunity just got to me a little bit, or if I just kind of thought a little bit too much out there. I’m not sure."

The fact that Raymond was busy with a doubles match until late Thursday night and preparing for another immediately following Friday’s singles match could have also added to her performance, although she was quick to dismiss that as an excuse.

"It was a late night last night, but I had all day to kind of recover," Raymond said. "I think it was good for me to get as much tennis as I got this week. I think I needed it. I think I needed it for my confidence. I think I needed it for my game."

On this night, however, the confidence belonged to Dechy. She committed just eight unforced errors and put together 23 winners.

"I was expecting a really tight match," Dechy said. "I don’t know, I think she lost a little bit of rhythm with the break and with the way I was playing. (After the injury) I just said, ‘OK, maybe my shot’s not going to be as good as it was before, so try to move our legs and put the ball in the court.’ It worked out pretty well."

I was at the final on Saturday. I was cheering for her (as was a hefty percentage of the crowd, fyi :) ) and I'm sorry she lost - but she play a hell of a match. In fact, it was probably the most competitive final I've seen in New Haven in 5 years. She should be proud of how she played (and it was really sweet when she choked up thanking her coach and wishing him well during her post-match speech). Her fans should be too.

TCBY Treats
Aug 30th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Nathalie played very well all week. Except for a string of errors for a few games in the middle of the first set, she played great against Bovina also. That was the best I've seen Nathalie play. I've never seen her play so aggressively, and hit so many impressive winners.

If both girls can just manage to stay healthy for more than a month, I think they're both serious contenders for the Top 10 in 2005.

Bероника
Aug 31st, 2004, 12:21 PM
http://www.usopen.org/images/pics/large/b_dechy_d01.jpg

Nathalie Dechy of France defeated Jelena Dokic in three sets on Day 1 of the 2004 US Open.

GoSandrine
Sep 1st, 2004, 07:24 AM
I saw the last set from 3-3 and Nathalie really held her nerve. Jelena was clearly the aggressor but Nathalie handled Jelena's power very well and forced Jelena to hit shot after shot. It also helped that Nat got a fortunate net cord where the ball fell just over the net on the last point of the match. :o

Allez Nathalie! :yeah:

Tennisfan-Mtl
Sep 1st, 2004, 01:06 PM
Belle victoire Nathalie :hearts: :)

Good luck today against Cara :)

Tennisfan-Mtl
Sep 2nd, 2004, 01:43 PM
A two-set win over Cara :D :) Good luck against Dementieva in the next round ;)

GoSandrine
Sep 2nd, 2004, 02:50 PM
Missed it because I was watching Tax and Faby. :o but was sure glad to see the W next to her name on the scoreboard. Now crush Elena. ;) :devil:

Allez!!! :D

Bероника
Sep 2nd, 2004, 03:59 PM
Yeah,allez Nat!!!! Beat the demented!

Tennisfan-Mtl
Sep 3rd, 2004, 12:44 PM
Yeah,allez Nat!!!! Beat the demented!

:bounce: :hearts: :bounce:

jlamire
Sep 3rd, 2004, 01:43 PM
She had to withdraw from her double match yesterday. Apparently her neck is still bothering her...does anybody have information? Or is it just to stay healthy for her single match against Elena Dementieva?

Bероника
Sep 3rd, 2004, 04:34 PM
I have no idea,but I hope she'll be ok for her singles.

Allez Nat!!!!

Tweety
Sep 19th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Does anyone know how Nathalie is doing :confused:

*JR*
Sep 19th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Does anyone know how Nathalie is doing :confused:She was scheduled 2B married yesterday, though I couldn't find it on any sites (Yahoo, Eurosport, FFT, WTA so far). :shrug:

Tweety
Sep 20th, 2004, 05:17 PM
I knew she is going to marry ;)
I meant her injury, because I want to go to Filderstadt next month :confused:

Tylane
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:34 PM
Today in l'equipe magazine there is a pic of his wedding !
On the pic there are Nath and his husband, and all the french players! Mary, Amelie, Tatiana, Sandrine, Camille Pin, Alexandra Dechaume. Emile Loit wasn't there because she played a tournament.

I'll try to scann ot but I have troubles with my scanner so if someone else could do it.... :D

swiss
Oct 2nd, 2004, 12:58 PM
You forget Justine ;)
i Can't scan either :awww:

Hantuchov
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:28 PM
Oh please guys, try your best to scan this pic, I really want to see it!

Nathalie must be sooooooooo gorgeous! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Tylane
Oct 2nd, 2004, 01:44 PM
Oh yes, how can I forget Justine ?? !!! lol

Tylane
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:40 PM
I took the pic with my digital cam", excuse me for the quality !

Tylane
Oct 2nd, 2004, 03:43 PM
From the left to the right: Camille Pin, Sandrine Testud, Amélie Mauresmo, Mr. Dechy, Nathalie, Justine Henin, Tattian Golovin, Mary Pierce.

Linnie
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:07 PM
Merci, Tylane! :D Nathalie looks :hearts: :drool: They all look :lick:

"Mr. Dechy" :lol:

swiss
Oct 2nd, 2004, 04:26 PM
Tylane you forget again, somebody :Alexia Dechaume, she is on the pic :lol:
but you don't capture her
why ???? :devil:

Hantuchov
Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:28 PM
Thank you a lot, Tylane! :hug: :worship: :D

Not surprised with Nathalie's look :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

I didnt know Camille Pin was cute too, at least she might be :p :cool: :lick:

Tylane
Oct 2nd, 2004, 05:43 PM
Yes Camille is the cutest on the pic, very elegant ! :D

Sprry for Alexia but if I captured the whole pic, I shoudn't has been clear.

swiss
Oct 2nd, 2004, 06:18 PM
Je plaisantais bien sûr :angel:
y a même Gail Lovera sur la photo, elle qui a tant appris de choses à amélie et Nat :p
merci

Tylane
Oct 2nd, 2004, 07:02 PM
T'aurais pas pu me le dire plutot que tu parlais français, j'ai ramé pour faire ma phrase pourrie au conditionnel, qui, je suis sure, ne veut rien dire ! lol
Je savais pas qui c'était Gail Lovera, merci pour l'info.

Lapin
Oct 2nd, 2004, 11:07 PM
Merci pour le photo Tylane! :D

Shenanigans
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:07 AM
Fab pic, they all look great, merci Tylane.

Greenout
Oct 3rd, 2004, 09:23 AM
Nice picture. I thought Camille was Jennifer Aniston! :lol:

Allez-H
Oct 3rd, 2004, 11:25 AM
Nice pic :hearts:
All of them look great and Camille indeed is quite a cuty :kiss:

kiekeboe
Oct 3rd, 2004, 11:33 AM
I took the pic with my digital cam", excuse me for the quality !

Merci, pour la photo :hearts:

Ca fait plaisir de voir les joueuses comme ça, et Nathalie est belle :)

Mariangelina
Oct 3rd, 2004, 11:49 AM
:hearts: What a beautiful picture! They all look absolutely lovely. Nathalie looks radiant, as well she should be... Does anyone know the name of her husband?

And I admit to being a little distracted by Amélie in white pants... :drool: I rather like white pants. :drool:

Greenout
Oct 3rd, 2004, 12:45 PM
:hearts: What a beautiful picture! They all look absolutely lovely. Nathalie looks radiant, as well she should be... Does anyone know the name of her husband?

And I admit to being a little distracted by Amélie in white pants... :drool: I rather like white pants. :drool:

I love this photo. It's the GALLIC Tennis Mafia! ;)

TennisGeek
Oct 4th, 2004, 06:23 PM
I wish I could have been there, they all look sensational! ;)

Tylane
Oct 4th, 2004, 07:18 PM
His husband is called Antoine. But his second name, I dunno.

GoSandrine
Oct 4th, 2004, 10:55 PM
Nice picture. I thought Camille was Jennifer Aniston! :lol:omg so did I! :eek: :lol:

Thanks for the pic Tylane :)

Nathalie makes a gorgeous bride and all the girls look great :hearts:

supah-fly
Oct 6th, 2004, 02:34 AM
Good Job Nathalie!!

Nathalie Dechy (FRA) d. Magdalena Maleeva (BUL) 46 63 63

:bounce:

Tweety
Oct 6th, 2004, 01:37 PM
I was there and can tell you Nathalie played real great tennis yesterday.
Good luck for the next round!

Tylane
Oct 6th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Nath "played well" at her wedding too... Amelie and Justine (N°1 and N°2) were her witnesses !!!! :lol:

TennisGeek
Oct 7th, 2004, 04:03 PM
3) Anastasia Myskina (RUS) d. (WC) Nathalie Dechy (FRA) 46 62 61

At least she took it to a 3rd set

CooCooCachoo
Oct 7th, 2004, 07:28 PM
:woohoo: That picture ROCKED!

CooCooCachoo
Oct 7th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Nathalie looked classy as always :)

Bероника
Nov 5th, 2004, 01:34 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20041104/all/l1263996.jpg

Nathalie Dechy of Guadeloupe sends a backhand to Vera Zvonareva of Russia during their second round match at the Advanta Championships Thursday, Nov.

Bероника
Nov 24th, 2004, 01:33 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20041124/all/l1277866.jpg

France's Nathalie Dechy returns a shot to Spain's Maria Sanchez Lorenzo during their semi-final Fed Cup tennis match in Moscow, Wednesday, Nov

Bероника
Nov 25th, 2004, 03:25 PM
Nathalie Dechy a forcé sa nature pour devenir leader

MOSCOU, 25 nov (AFP) - Nathalie Dechy (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/200.html) a forcé sa nature pour devenir leader de l'équipe de France de tennis à Moscou, où elle défend son titre de Fed Cup sans son numéro un habituel, Amélie Mauresmo (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/259.html).

"Ce n'est pas dans mon caractère de me mettre en avant. Mais quand on me pousse à prendre des responsabilités, je me débrouille encore mieux", remarque la joueuse, âgée de 25 ans.

Dans l'ambiance glaciale du Krylatskoe Stadium de Moscou, la Française a rempli son contrat avec autorité en ne laissant aucune chance à ses deux adversaires espagnoles, Maria Antonia Sanchez mercredi et Anabel Medina jeudi.

Encouragée par le capitaine Guy Forget à aller de l'avant, elle a pratiqué un jeu offensif très séduisant. Ses accélérations en coup droit croisé ont souvent fait mouche.

En finale contre la Russie, Nathalie Dechy (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/200.html) aura l'occasion de réussir l'exploit qui ferait connaître au grand public son tennis élégant. Régulière aux alentours de la 20e place mondiale depuis la saison 1999, la N.2 nationale cherche toujours la victoire majeure qui lui permettrait de sortir de l'ombre d'Amélie Mauresmo (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/259.html) et de Mary Pierce (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/280.html).

Nouvel entraîneur

"Il va falloir qu'elle mette la barre très haut", annonce Forget. "Elle n'aura rien à perdre. Autant qu'elle prenne encore plus de risques et qu'elle nous montre un visage qu'on n'a pas eu très souvent l'occasion de voir", dit le capitaine, qui aimerait voir la joueuse "faire des choses qu'elle n'a pas l'habitude de faire".

Nathalie Dechy (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/200.html) est pleinement consciente des limites qui l'ont pour l'instant empêchée de s'approcher des meilleures mondiales, tout en se montrant le plus souvent impitoyable avec les adversaires moins bien classées.

"Je n'ai pas encore atteint mon potentiel et j'ai envie d'aller voir plus loin, d'entrer dans le top 10 ou le top 15", reconnaît la joueuse, dont le seul titre date de 2003 (Gold Coast).

C'est dans ce but qu'elle s'est récemment associée à l'entraîneur Sven Groeneveld. Outre l'aspect technique -elle doit notamment améliorer son service- elle compte sur le Néerlandais pour gagner en confiance. "J'ai toujours eu de l'ambition, mais jusque-là j'avais un peu peur de le dire", avoue-t-elle.

"L'échelon supérieur" évoqué par Forget, Nathalie Dechy (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/200.html) devra le franchir ce week-end si elle veut inquiéter les Russes. Elle a le droit de rêver. N'a-t-elle pas battu Svetlana Kuznetsova (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/500000000002890.html) lors de leur seule confrontation cette année à Gold Coast ? Son bilan contre Anastasia Myskina (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/2059.html) est moins flatteur (1 victoire, 4 défaites), mais leurs rencontres ont souvent été serrées, comme la dernière en date, cette année à Filderstadt, remportée en trois sets par la championne de l'US Open. "La vie est belle, alors pourquoi pas !", lance la jeune mariée, contrainte d'assister en spectatrice à la victoire de ses coéquipières l'an dernier, à cause d'une blessure à un poignet.

Bероника
Nov 25th, 2004, 03:26 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20041125/041125144629.qtoq2m1o0b.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20041125/041125072353.4doe99qp1b.jpg

Bероника
Nov 25th, 2004, 03:42 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1501_gallery.JPG

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1502_gallery.JPG

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1500_gallery.JPG

Dechy Clinches Victory for FranceNathalie Dechy put France into its second successive Fed Cup final on Thursday, giving her country an unbeatable 3-0 lead by defeating Anabel Medina Garrigues 63 61 in the first of the reverse single matches in the France v Spain semifinal.

It will be France's third Fed Cup final overall, and so far, the nation has always won in the final, lifting the trophy in 1997 and of course last year.

The battle between the nations' No. 1 players started close but the challenge from Medina Garrigues gradually fell away as she was unable to make any impression on Dechy. The athletic Frenchwoman wrapped up victory in one hour eight minutes and was congratulated by captain Guy Forget, her teammates and the travelling French fans afterwards.

As things stand, it looks as if France will play Russia in the final, and what a mouth-watering prospect that will be. The hosts are 2-0 up against Austria overnight, and that semifinal resumes today at 17:00 local time.

"The motivation is going to be there," Dechy said about a potential final against Russia. "A Fed Cup Final is always going to be
very good motivation but they are much stronger on paper, we are the outsiders. They have everything behind them, the stadium, the biggest team, but we will try and make a surprise."

"We have to be strong. We are just going to play our game and be confident. We have to trust ourselves."

The match stayed on level terms until Dechy broke to go 43 ahead in the first set. Medina Garrigues, ranked No. 39, seemed to have raised her game following her loss to Tatiana Golovin on Wednesday, and made the Frenchwoman work for the remainder of the set, forcing her to serve it out for 63.

But after losing her serve in the opening game of the second set, Medina Garrigues, who played with her right knee taped, grew increasingly frustrated. Every time she came up with something and found the open spaces, Dechy did something better. The world No. 21 was simply faster round the court and more accurate with her ground strokes.

With a second break of serve, Dechy opened up a 3-0 lead, and despite Medina Garrigues reclaiming one of the breaks, her opponent romped to victory by winning the next three games. To the delight of the increasingly noisy French contingent, Dechy set up match point with a backhand volley, and converted with a smash.

Dechy is now 8-2 in Fed Cup singles matches and this marks the second time that she has won the decisive point for her country. The first time was in Buenos Aires in April 2002, when her defeat of Mariana Diaz-Oliva in the second reverse singles match gave France a first-round victory over Argentina.

"I'm very happy to have won the point to make us into the final," she said. "It was in the best tradition because we won all the matches in two sets and this is the best preparation for France. We didn't spend too much time on the court."

In the dead fourth rubber, Russian-born Tatiana Golovin defeated Marta Marrero, a replacement for Maria Sanchez Lorenzo, 63 64 to extend her country's winning score to 4-0.

Marion Bartoli and Emilie Loit are scheduled to play Marrero and doubles world No. 1 Virginia Ruano Pascual in the doubles.

Bероника
Nov 25th, 2004, 03:49 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1479_gallery.JPG

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1478_gallery.JPG

nouf
Nov 25th, 2004, 06:33 PM
personen ici a mis les hqs de dechy! he ben!

si vous les voulez dites moi! ou alors allez sur mon site ds forum ya tous les hqs de la fed cup 2004!

Bероника
Nov 27th, 2004, 12:27 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1543_gallery.JPG

Bероника
Nov 27th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Dechy Outlasts Kuznetsova to Put France 1-0 UpNathalie Dechy came back from a set down to defeat world No. 5 Svetlana Kuznetsova 36 76(4) 86 in a thrilling first match in the Fed Cup Final clash between France and Russia.

Kuznetsova served for the match at 5-4 in the second set, but Dechy broke to force a tiebreak and then a third set. In a match which was heavy on unforced errors - particularly from Kuznetsova - it was the Frenchwoman's turn to serve for it at 5-4 in the decider, but to the delight of the Russian crowd Kuznetsova levelled.

Three tense games later, Dechy again got a break to take a 7-6 lead, and this time held firm, serving out for victory in two hours 25 minutes.

The pressure is now on world No. 3 Anastasia Myskina in the second of Saturday's matches to get Russia on the scoreboard with victory over Russian-born Tatiana Golovin.

http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1549_gallery.JPG

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20041127/041127125204.bu4tc8v70b.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/reuters_ids/20041127/13/1675276198.jpg

Bероника
Nov 27th, 2004, 03:13 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/homearticle/FC_1558_homearticle.JPG

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20041127/041127134757.z2dwegxz0b.jpg

Joie de la Française Nathalie Dechy (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/200.html) après avoir battu la Russe Svetlana Kuznetsova (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/500000000002890.html), le 27 novbembre à Moscou

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20041127/041127125204.bu4tc8v70b.jpg

La Française Nathalie Dechy (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/200.html) lors du match contre la Russe Svetlana Kuznetsova (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/500000000002890.html), le 27 novembre 2004 à Moscou

no1mariafan
Nov 27th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Hi :wavey:, First time i've seen dechy play today. Was impressed with her peformance and courage. I'll be looking for her results in future. Well Done Nathalie!

borchuk
Nov 27th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Photo by Alena

http://www.wtatour.ru/uploads/alena/kf04final04.jpg

http://www.wtatour.ru/uploads/alena/kf04final05.jpg

http://www.wtatour.ru/uploads/alena/kf04final10.jpg

http://www.wtatour.ru/uploads/alena/kf04final12.jpg

http://www.wtatour.ru/uploads/alena/kf04final13.jpg

http://www.wtatour.ru

Hantuchov
Nov 27th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Very great pics guys! :drool: :yeah:

Thanx everyone :worship:

Another one

:inlove: :hearts: :inlove: http://e.i.uol.com.br/tenis/041127fed.jpg :inlove: :hearts: :inlove:

Good Luck tomorrow against Nastya! ;) :D

Allez Nathalie, my sweety lady!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

nouf
Nov 28th, 2004, 10:08 AM
merci dechy pour ta victoire contre svetlana! ca merite des belles fotos!

http://img109.exs.cx/img109/3967/ND_01.th.jpg (http://img109.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img109&image=ND_01.jpg) http://img93.exs.cx/img93/6234/ND_02.th.jpg (http://img93.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img93&image=ND_02.jpg) http://img93.exs.cx/img93/9674/ND_03.th.jpg (http://img93.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img93&image=ND_03.jpg) http://img93.exs.cx/img93/8030/ND_04.th.jpg (http://img93.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img93&image=ND_04.jpg) http://img93.exs.cx/img93/9176/ND_05.th.jpg (http://img93.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img93&image=ND_05.jpg) http://img93.exs.cx/img93/8134/ND_06.th.jpg (http://img93.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img93&image=ND_06.jpg)http://img93.exs.cx/img93/4825/ND_07.th.jpg (http://img93.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img93&image=ND_07.jpg) http://img93.exs.cx/img93/1328/ND_08.th.jpg (http://img93.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img93&image=ND_08.jpg)

nouf roi du hq et des videos

Bероника
Nov 29th, 2004, 03:34 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/shared/medialibrary/image/gallery/FC_1573_gallery.JPG

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 25th, 2004, 06:17 PM
is nathalie using the same racquet as Emilie?

Fanny
Dec 27th, 2004, 02:53 PM
My pictures from the WTT

http://fr.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/so...lbum?.dir=/67c2
http://fr.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/so...lbum?.dir=/e5b0

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 27th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Fanny, the pictures dont work here as well!

Fanny
Dec 27th, 2004, 05:17 PM
http://fr.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/so...h2033/my_photos

http://fr.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/so...m/ph//my_photos

I think it's ok now

greenfunkTHREE.
Dec 28th, 2004, 09:20 AM
nuh uh. stil doesnt work. but its in french now. why dont you post it or something?

Bероника
Dec 30th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Tournoi exhibition de Charleroi - Victoire de Nathalie Dechy

19 décembre 2004
© 2004 AFP

La Française Nathalie Dechy, 21e au classement mondial WTA, a remporté la finale du tournoi exhibition de tennis de Charleroi en battant la Russe Svetlana Kuznetsova, 5e mondiale, 6-4, 6-2 dimanche en finale.

La troisième place est revenue à la Russe Elena Dementieva, 6e mondiale, victorieuse de la Belge Justine Henin-Hardenne, qui effectuait sa rentrée en compétition après trois mois et demi de repos complet en raison d'un état de fatigue (cytomegalovirus) ayant perturbé son année 2004.

. Finale:

Nathalie Dechy (FRA) bat Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) 6-4, 6-2

Bероника
Jan 2nd, 2005, 10:51 PM
Nat started the year with a defeat :sad:

Flavia Pennetta (ITA) d. (6) Nathalie Dechy (FRA) 76(7) 61

Bероника
Jan 2nd, 2005, 11:23 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20050102/050102123419.iui0z1dh0b.jpg

L'ancienne lauréate du tournoi de tennis féminin de la Gold Coast, la Française Nathalie Dechy (tête de série N.6) a été éliminée dès le premier par l'Italienne Flavia Pennetta (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/2432.html) 7-6 (9/7), 6-1, dimanche, du tournoi WTA d'ouverture de la saison 2005 doté de 170.000 dollars (125.300 euros).

Dechy, 21e joueuse mondiale, va donc maintenant pouvoir se consacrer au double dames avec sa partenaire américaine Martina Navratilova (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/1332.html), avant de disputer le tournoi de Sydney la semaine prochaine.

"J'aurais aimé disputer plus de matches en simple, mais il me reste le double. Il faut que je m'habitue à la chaleur et au soleil avant d'aller à Sydney", a déclaré la Française.

Dechy, qui avait remporté le tournoi de Gold Coast en 2003, a attribué son élimination précoce à un manque de préparation.

"On ne peut pas toujours bien jouer au premier tournoi (de l'année). J'ai joué contre une adversaire vraiment bonne aujourd'hui et je ne suis pas parvenue à élever mon niveau de jeu", a ajouté Dechy.

Bероника
Jan 3rd, 2005, 02:41 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photos_rx/dechy_5837_rx.jpg

Bероника
Jan 3rd, 2005, 02:44 PM
Former champ Dechy bundled out

January 2, 2005 - 5:49PM

Former title holder Nathalie Dechy's Australian Open preparations were thrown into chaos when she was sensationally bundled out in the first round of the Uncle Tobys Hardcourt Tennis Championships.

Dechy - ranked 21st in the world and seeded sixth for the $US170,000 ($A218,300) tournament - was sent packing in straight sets by Italy's Flavia Pennetta.

Pennetta was forced to battle for the first set in a tie-breaker but steamrolled her hapless opponent in the second, taking the set 6-1.

A disappointed Dechy said she would now concentrate on the doubles with new partner and star attraction Martina Navratilova before heading south for the Sydney International.

"I would have loved to have played more matches but I still have the doubles," Dechy said.

"I need to get used to the heat and the sun and then I'll go to Sydney."

Dechy, who won the tournament in 2003, said she was still feeling fresh after the game and attributed her lacklustre showing to a lack of preparation.

"You can't always play well in the first tournament (of the year)," she said.

"I played against a really good opponent today and I wasn't ready to raise my level for the match."

Pennetta will play either Germany's Anca Barna or French qualifier Camille Pin in the second round.

Italy's Silvia Farina Elia, seeded fifth for the tournament, had little trouble reaching the second round and cruised to a straight sets win over Frenchwoman Stephanie Foretz.

Farina Elia took the contest 6-3 7-5 but was forced to lift a gear in the second set and had to save three set points on Foretz's serve.

Fellow seed Magdalena Maleeva also progressed comfortably, winning her match against Yuliana Fedak of the Ukraine 6-4 6-1.

Meanwhile, rising Czech star Iveta Benesova handed 19-year-old Sunshine Coast product Tiffany Welford a lesson in professional tennis, cruising to a 6-4 6-2 win in just 65 minutes.

But despite the convincing performance, Benesova said she was disappointed with her start to the tournament.

"I didn't start well," she said.

"I was nervous. I've come from Europe and the conditions and weather are a lot different to here."

Her victory set up a tantalising second round meeting with either local hero Samantha Stosur or No.4 seed Karolina Sprem.

The pair meet on Monday in what is being billed as the match of the tournament so far on a day that will also feature compatriot Jaslyn Hewitt, the younger sister of men's world No.3 Lleyton Hewitt.

Bероника
Jan 12th, 2005, 06:26 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/reuters_ids/20050111/10/211335190.jpg

Bероника
Jan 12th, 2005, 06:28 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20050111/sge.amj77.110105102336.photo00.quicklook.default-252x384.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20050111/all/l1309053.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20050111/sge.amm32.110105103325.photo00.quicklook.default-250x384.jpg

greenfunkTHREE.
Jan 15th, 2005, 04:17 AM
oh gosh! that dress nat is wearing is like what this girl wore for a lacost advertisement!! :eek: it's ugly. pink is definitely not nat's colour! i think red is more her colour ;)

Bероника
Jan 15th, 2005, 11:51 PM
Le premier rendez-vous majeur de la saison donne aussi l'occasion à Nathalie Dechy, N.2 française et tête de série N.19, de confirmer ses progrès. En finale de la Fed Cup, elle avait montré une belle assurance pour dominer la gagnante de l'US Open, la Russe Svetlana Kuznetsova. Opposée au premier tour à la modeste Suissesse Emmanuelle Gagliardi, elle doit profiter de cette confiance nouvelle pour s'affirmer enfin en Grand Chelem, où elle n'a jamais pu dépasser les quarts de finale.

Bероника
Jan 16th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Dechy dit ne pas être la joueuse positive à Charleroi
dim 16 jan, 09h55

MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Nathalie Dechy (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/200.html) a confirmé avoir été soumise à un contrôle anti-dopage le 19 décembre dernier à Charleroi (Belgique) à l'occasion d'une exhibition qui réunissait quatre joueuses mais elle affirme que ce contrôle a été sans suite pour elle.

Samedi, Claude Eerdekens, le ministre des sports belge de la communauté française, a révélé que l'une des quatre joueuses concernées par cette exhibition (la Belge Justine Henin (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/1986.html)-Hardenne, la Française Nathalie Dechy (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/200.html) et les Russes Svetlana Kuznetsova (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/500000000002890.html) et Elena Dementieva (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/971.html)) avait été contrôlée positive, sans que l'on connaisse le produit.

Le ministre a ajouté que Justine Henin (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/1986.html)-Hardenne, ancienne numéro un mondiale, n'était pas la joueuse positive.

Interrogée dimanche à Melbourne par Reuters, Nathalie Dechy (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/200.html) a tenu à clarifier sa situation.

"Le dimanche 19 décembre, on a eu un contrôle inopiné effectué par le gouvernement belge", a dit Nathalie Dechy (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/200.html). "J'ai eu un contrôle d'urine. On nous a indiqué que s'il y avait un problème, nous serions contactées dans les deux ou trois semaines par le gouvernement".

"A ce jour, j'ai zéro nouvelle, la Fédération française non plus. Quand des résultats positifs courent, il y a tout un engrenage qui se met en place et c'est dur de parler."

"Je ne peux simplement parler que de mon cas : il y a zéro problème. Cela confirme mon suivi longitudinal, qui est beaucoup plus poussé, par le biais d'examens sanguins. Je pense que je suis clean. Je trouve très bien qu'on effectue des contrôles inopinés. C'est le meilleur moment pour les faire".

La WTA, qui régit le circuit féminin, n'a pas souhaité communiquer sur cette affaire.

Scotso
Jan 17th, 2005, 12:40 AM
Hurray! :woohoo: Dechy/Loit in doubles... I'm so happy! :bounce:

I said in the doubles pairs thread that I wish they would get back together ;)

Scotso
Jan 18th, 2005, 01:24 AM
It's not her - it's Svetlana.

Nathalie is an :angel: :)

wolfgang
Jan 18th, 2005, 10:02 AM
A few pics of Nathalie I took during her first round match today.

Hantuchov
Jan 20th, 2005, 07:32 AM
Thanx for the pics! :yeah: :D

Nathalie just beat Washington 6-7(2) 7-6(5) 6-2, after the american served for the match @ 7-6 5-4 :o :o

Great fight Nathalie! :hearts: ;)

Damn tough match next round against Schiavone :scared:, but you can beat her! :bounce:

Allez My Sweet Lady! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

wolfgang
Jan 20th, 2005, 11:53 AM
A few pics I took during today's win by Nathalie.

Scotso
Jan 20th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Nice win, Nathalie. Hopefully this will give her confidence :)

"Sluggy"
Jan 20th, 2005, 04:20 PM
wow, great win Nathalie.

"Sluggy"
Jan 20th, 2005, 04:21 PM
Nice Photos Wolfgang, you must have a nice camera?

wolfgang
Jan 22nd, 2005, 10:47 AM
A few more shots I managed to snap of of Nathalie today on the practice court and during her match.

Bunker - I got a Olympus Camedia 760 digital camera for Christmas. It's pretty cool, has a nice zoom.

GoSandrine
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:30 PM
Great shots Wolfgang! :hearts:

Congrats Nathalie on your win over Francesca and good luck against Nastya :kiss:

Bероника
Jan 22nd, 2005, 05:15 PM
Allez Nat!!!

Bероника
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:49 PM
Dechy tient la cadence

22/01/2005 Par PIERRE-GILLES HUOT
De Sports.fr Consulter aussi:
Henman, la déception (http://sports.fr/fr/cmc/tennis/20053/cmc_57424.html)

La Française peut afficher un large sourire après s'être qualifiée pour les huitièmes de finale de l'Open d'Australie (http://sports.fr/fr/tennis/2005/wta/resultats/tournois/open_daustralie1.html), rejoignant ainsi Amélie Mauresmo à ce stade de la compétition. Opposée à l'Italienne Francesca Schiavone, Nathalie Dechy (http://sports.fr/fr/tennis/wta/fiches/dechynathalie.html) s'est imposée 6-3, 6-3 pour gagner le droit de défier Anastasia Myskina. Il n'y a, en revanche, plus aucun Tricolore dans le tableau masculin (http://sports.fr/fr/tennis/2005/atp/resultats/tournois/open_daustralie3.html) après la nette défaite de Jean-René Lisnard face à l'Allemand Philipp Kohlschreiber (7-5, 6-3. 6-2). L'aventure est également terminée pour Tim Henman et Juan Carlos Ferrero.

Un match parfaitement maîtrisé par la Française.

Après l'angoisse, place à la joie. Nathalie Dechy a prouvé qu'elle avait digéré l'affaire de dopage de Charleroi, qui lui avait pourtant causé beaucoup de tracas, en se qualifiant comme l'an passé pour les huitièmes de finale de la première levée du Grand Chelem de la saison. Profitant des largesses de son adversaire du jour, l'Italienne Francesca Schiavone, pour le moins irrégulière avec 34 fautes directes, Nathalie Dechy a su saisir sa chance en s'imposant au terme d'une heure et onze minutes de jeu. La partie ne semblait pourtant pas gagnée d'avance pour l'élève de Sven Groeneveld, après s'être inclinée face à la Transalpine lors de leurs trois dernières rencontres en 2004. "Je suis vraiment contente", a confié la Française. "Car j'appréhendais ce match... Je m'attendais à une bataille. "

Mais la principale intéressée n'avait pas manqué de rectifier le tir, après les insuffisances notées lors du tour précédent. "Entre ma prestation d'il y a deux jours et aujourd'hui, j'ai changé des choses. Je suis allée vers l'avant. Avec Sven, on a gommé les erreurs." La voilà donc parée pour disputer son quatrième huitième de finale d'un Grand Chelem. Mais Anastasia Myskina, sa future adversaire, ne lui permet pas d'afficher un optimisme à toute épreuve. Dominée à cinq reprises en six confrontations par la lauréate de Roland-Garros, Nathalie Dechy ne s'avoue cependant pas battue d'avance: "Pour la connaître, je la connais! ", explique la Française. "Lors de notre dernière confrontation, à Moscou, pour la finale de la Fed Cup, je n'étais pas dans ma meilleure forme. Ici, à Melbourne, je suis au top. On verra bien. C'est une joueuse redoutable. Elle se déplace extrêmement bien." Bref, un challenge d'envergure...

DECHY «JOUE DE MIEUX EN MIEUX»
«Je suis contente de ce match. C'était bien mieux que le match d'avant. J'ai vraiment fait un match solide, comme il fallait. C'est bien d'avoir gagné contre une fille qui m'avait battue trois fois de suite. J'appréhendais ce match. Je pensais que ça allait être une bataille beaucoup plus dure que ça. Deux sets et une heure et quart c'est bien. J'avais laissé pas mal de forces au second tour. Là, je suis repartie de plus belle. (Lors des tours précédents) je n'étais pas vraiment inquiète mais je jouais mal. Vu la tête de Sven (Groeneveld, son entraîneur), il y a deux jours, si j'avais recommencé un match comme ça, je me serais fait sacrément engueuler. J'ai essayé de changer les choses, d'aller beaucoup plus vers l'avant et ça a marché. (Myskina, son adversaire en huitième) On la connaît assez. Elle est brune, elle court partout, elle s'énerve de temps en temps, apparemment moins que l'année dernière avec les bonnes résolutions de janvier 2005, mais elle va s'énerver lundi ! La dernière fois que je l'ai jouée (défaite en finale de la Fed Cup en novembre) je n'étais pas dans ma meilleure forme. Lundi j'y serai donc ce sera un autre match. Elle court très bien, c'est sa force principale. Je sais que je ne pars pas favorite, mais ça c'est pour les bookmakers. Moi par contre j'ai l'impression que je peux faire quelque chose. Quand je l'ai joué en Fed Cup, j'étais à 30 %. J'étais vraiment diminuée physiquement. Je n'avais pas réussi à être assez agressive. Je suis bien mieux maintenant. Chaque match, je joue de mieux en mieux. (Contre Schiavone) le but, c'était de ne pas lui laisser le temps de rentrer tout de suite dans le match. C'est ce que j'ai réussi à faire. Avant le match, je l'ai sentie très tendue. Je me suis dit : "Ca va être à moi d'en profiter. Si je peux lui mettre le couteau sous la gorge d'entrée, elle ne va pas aimer". C'est ce qui s'est passé et du coup elle n'a pas réussi à se libérer.»

Hantuchov
Jan 23rd, 2005, 09:01 PM
Take your chances tonight, Nathalie! :kiss: :bigclap:

Please, make things harder for Nastya. You can beat her once again!!!

Allez, my sweet lady! :bounce:

Shenanigans
Jan 24th, 2005, 05:28 AM
:D A very big congrats to Nat on her first GS quarter final appearence, who knows maybe she can go one step further. Bonne chance Nat.

Scotso
Jan 24th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Brava Nathalie! :bounce:

Bероника
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:21 PM
les Russes à l'arrêt, Dechy en quarts

Mon January 24, 2005 12:42 PM CET

MELBOURNE (Reuters) - Promises à régner sur l'Open d'Australie, les Russes ont subi un net coup d'arrêt lundi en huitièmes de finale avec les défaites d'Anastasia Myskina et d'Elena Dementieva.

Après avoir enlevé Roland-Garros, Wimbledon et l'US Open, elles espéraient réaliser la passe de quatre avec Melbourne. La tâche n'est pas impossible mais reposera sur les épaules d'une seule d'entre elles: Maria Charapova ou Svetlana Kouznetsova.

Les Australiens, en revanche, gardent des couleurs puisque Lleyton Hewitt et Alicia Molik ont rejoint les quarts de finale.

Myskina, tête de série n°3 et lauréate du dernier Roland-Garros, a subi contre toute attente la loi de la Française Nathalie Dechy.

Dechy, souvent incapable de battre des joueuses mieux classées qu'elle, s'est imposée sur le score sans appel de 6-4 6-2.

"Je ne pense pas que ce soit le plus grand exploit de ma carrière", a estimé la Nordiste, qui a il est vrai été bien aidée par les 45 fautes directes de la joueuse 2004 de la WTA.

"Je suis vraiment contente de mon match, gagner sur un tel score, c'est génial. Je suis parvenue à neutraliser son jeu."

Et Dechy peut même rêver de demi-finale puisqu'elle affrontera en quart la Suissesse Patty Schnyder, qui a sorti la finaliste de l'US Open et de Roland-Garros, Elena Dementieva (n°6) 6-7 7-6 6-2.

Les deux outsiders ont enlevé dans le haut du tableau deux épines du pied à la n°1 mondiale Lindsay Davenport, qui s'est débarrassée de Karolina Sprem 6-2 6-2.

Touchée, l'armée russe n'est toutefois pas coulée puisque Svetlana Kouznetsova (n°5) et Maria Charapova (n°4) s'affrontent aussi mardi pour une place dans le dernier carré contre Mauresmo ou Serena Williams, qui poursuit sa route sans sa soeur aînée Venus , battue par l'Australienne Alicia Molik.

Bероника
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:23 PM
wow i'm so happy for Nat .Finally she's achieving what her talent should have done long agp.So happy and so proud of her.NOw Schnyder,difficult match indeed,but wouldn't it be super nice if she reached the SF?

Bероника
Jan 24th, 2005, 03:52 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20050124/050124065336.t35xjoqi0b.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20050124/sge.eap23.240105063544.photo00.quicklook.default-384x314.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20050124/all/l1320379.jpg
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :hearts: :hearts: :kiss:

fredbdx
Jan 24th, 2005, 06:48 PM
I'm really happy for Nath's victory in the 4th round against Myskina, a couple of new record for her:
- first time in quater final of a grand slam tournements :)
- first time to beat a such higher ranked girl :D
- first time to eat Myskina :)
and first time that she'll reach the rank 17 at the WTA tour (at least because she can do better if she beats Patty in quater). :worship:

I'm really pleased becaus she's a very nice and shy girl, taht's the reason why maybe she's complexing a little bit against players who were better ranking than her.
I think that her victory last year against Jennifer Capriati helped her to change her mind, and I'm sure that Sven Groeneveld (her coach and former Mary's coach) helped her to have great ambition and to be conscious of her talent.

Bероника
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:56 PM
TENNIS
Nathalie Dechy n'était jamais montée si haut
LE MONDE | 24.01.05 | 14h33
OAS_AD('Frame1');
Après Amélie Mauresmo, qui doit rencontrer Serena Williams, la Française s'est qualifiée pour les quarts de l'Open d'Australie, en s'imposant devant la Russe Anastasia Myskina. Une première en 37 participations à des tournois du Grand Chelem.
Melbourne de notre envoyé spécial

L'une en a l'habitude, l'autre pas. Amélie Mauresmo et Nathalie Dechy se sont toutes deux qualifiées pour les quarts de finale de l'Open d'Australie, à Melbourne. La numéro deux mondiale est logiquement venue à bout, dimanche 23 janvier, de la Russe Evgenia Linetskaïa, qui occupe la 96e place du classement mondial.OAS_AD('Middle');

Mais la surprise est venue de la tête de série numéro 19, qui n'a fait qu'une bouchée, lundi 24, d'une autre Russe, Anastasia Myskina, sur le score net et sans appel de 6-4, 6-2.

La tenante du titre de Roland Garros a, il est vrai, bien aidé son adversaire, commettant la bagatelle de 45 fautes directes. "Je ne peux pas dire qu'elle a gagné le match, avouait d'ailleurs la Moscovite, qui n'a jamais remporté de rencontre sur le court central de Melbourne. C'est moi qui l'ai perdu."

Au tour précédent, l'Italienne Francesca Schiavone avait aussi multiplié les boulettes face à Nathalie Dechy, qui atteint, pour la première fois en trente-sept participations, le stade des quarts de finale dans un tournoi du Grand Chelem. Cette victoire avait remonté le moral de la Française, qui avait effectué un match calamiteux, deux jours plus tôt, contre l'Américaine Mashona Washington.

"Mon entraîneur, Sven Groeneveld, m'a engueulée après cette rencontre, raconte-t-elle. Je n'aime pas ça, et cela m'a fait réagir. Et puis je pensais pouvoir faire quelque chose contre Anastasia Myskina car je l'avais accrochée lors de la dernière Fed Cup, où je n'étais pourtant qu'à 30 % de mes capacités. Aujourd'hui, je suis parvenue à neutraliser son jeu."

En quarts de finale, mercredi, Nathalie Dechy rencontrera Patty Schnyder, qui a battu la Russe Elena Dementieva (6-7, 7-6, 6-2). Les deux joueuses se sont déjà rencontrées à deux reprises à Melbourne. Et à chaque fois la Suissesse, demi-finaliste en 2004, a sèchement corrigé la Française. "Elle se régale sur cette surface, qui est très lente, reconnaît Nathalie Dechy. Sur le court central, on s'enfonce dans le sol, qui est tout caoutchouteux lorsqu'il fait chaud. Cela convient très bien à son jeu. Elle trouve des trajectoires gênantes et donne beaucoup d'effet à ses balles. Pour la battre, je vais devoir y croire dans ma tête et jouer à fond.

Bероника
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:57 PM
Nathalie Dechy change de monde
--par Alan Page--
http://permanent.nouvelobs.com/icons_edition_2001/trans.gif
AP | 24.01.05 | 08:46
http://permanent.nouvelobs.com/icons_edition_2001/trans.gif

MELBOURNE (AP) -- Nathalie Dechy s'est tournée vers les tribunes où se trouvaient son mari Antoine Maître-Devallon et son nouvel entraîneur Sven Groeneveld en brandissant un poing vengeur. Puis, radieuse, elle a salué la foule de l'Open d'Australie de tennis à Melbourne.
On la comprend. A presque 26 ans, et dans sa 37e participation à un tournoi du Grand Chelem, l'originaire de la Guadeloupe a fini par atteindre les quarts de finales d'une épreuve majeure: «Ce n'est jamais trop tard!» a-t-elle noté.
Et elle l'a fait contre une vedette, une championne qui l'avait dominée par 5 victoires contre 1 auparavant, sortant en 8e de finale lundi la tenante du titre à Roland-Garros et tête de série numéro 3, la Russe Anastasia Myskina, sur le score de 6-4, 6-2, en 1 heure 14 minutes. Deux sets secs mais riches d'avenir.
«C'est super de se retrouver en quarts. J'étais vraiment très solide aujourd'hui,» a déclaré Dechy. «Et c'était ma première fois sur ce central!»
Voilà Nathalie Dechy promise à un duel éminemment jouable face à la Suissesse fantasque Patty Schnyder (12) au prochain tour, cette dernière ayant écarté la Russe et double finaliste du Grand Chelem 2004 (Roland-Garros, US Open) Elena Dementieva(6), également en 8e de finale lundi, par 6-7(6), 7-6(6), 6-2.
Schnyder mène par 3 victoires à 2 face à Dechy, l'ayant notamment dominée par deux fois à l'Open dont une victoire l'an dernier en route pour une place en demi-finales.
«Je n'ai pas envie de refaire les mêmes erreurs que l'an dernier,» a souligné Dechy. «Mais c'est vrai que Schnyder se régale sur cette surface. Elle aime le rebond haut, les balles lentes. Il faudra surtout y croire.»
Dechy rejoint ainsi Amélie Mauresmo(2), déjà qualifiée pour les quarts. C'est la troisième fois de l'époque Open (depuis 1968), que la France place deux de ses représentantes parmi les huit survivantes du tableau féminin ici.
En 1998, Mary Pierce et Sandrine Testud se sont inclinées à ce stade du tournoi, et en 1999, Mauresmo, déjà, et encore Pierce, s'y étaient qualifiées. Cette année-là, Mauresmo avait accédé à sa seule finale majeure, y perdant face à la Suissesse Martina Hingis.
Lundi, Dechy s'est avérée plus entreprenante et plus régulière qu'une Myskina loin de son meilleur niveau, un coup droit étonnamment défaillant et un service sans pénétration laissant la Russe désarmée et comme désabusée. Dechy, en revanche, a dévoilé un coup droit bien plus lourd et agressif que par le passé.
«Nous y avons travaillé cet hiver,» a dit Sven Groeneveld, nouvel entraîneur de Dechy. «Mais le plus important n'est pas l'aspect technique. C'est qu'en choisissant de travailler avec moi, en se détachant du groupe France et en venant aux Pays-Bas, Nathalie s'est investie. Elle s'est engagée. Elle a pris un risque. Alors qu'elle évoluait auparavant dans un registre connu, bref, dans le confort.»
Le nouvel esprit de Dechy, trop longtemps une bonne élève bien lisse mais ne puisant pas dans ses réserves, ne cherchant pas ses limites, était patent lundi.
Servant pour la victoire, elle a su dominer ses nerfs en décochant son unique ace de la partie et ensuite montant pour terminer au filet alors qu'elle se trouvait menée 0-30. Rabrouée, Myskina fera deux fautes dans la foulée.
Réflexes de championne ambitieuse, ces initiatives illustrent la transition qui s'effectue chez Dechy entre la joueuse un rien pantouflarde et celle qu'elle voudrait devenir.
D'où son refus lundi de trop pavoiser: «Je n'ai pas trop envie de m'éclater. C'est trop tôt pour effectuer un bilan. Le tournoi n'est pas fini,» a-t-elle souligné.
Pourtant, il avait failli terminer beaucoup plus tôt pour elle. Au deuxième tour, l'Américaine Mashona Washington servait pour la victoire au deuxième set avant que Dechy, «engueulée» par son mari, s'engueulant aussi, n'inverse la tendance et triomphe en trois sets.
«Ce fut face à Washington que j'ai vu le nouvel esprit de Nathalie,» dira Groeneveld.
Quant à l'intéressée, loin de s'éterniser sur son exploit du jour et son premier quart 'majeur', elle a annoncé la nouvelle couleur: «Mes meilleurs exploits sont devant moi». AP

Bероника
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:00 AM
Dechy : "Prête à livrer bataille"

http://eurosport.tf1.fr/zones/v4/img/stories/live_main.gif</IMG> (http://eurosport.tf1.fr/home/pages/v4/l3/s57/e7184/live_lng3_spo57_evt7184.shtml)
http://eurosport.tf1.fr/imgbk/tennis/all/big_md-i171473.jpg</IMG>
Nathalie Dechy, victorieuse d'Anastacia Myskina en deux sets au 4e tour de l'Open d'Australie, revient sur son exploit à l'aube de son 1/4 de finale. Bien dans son corps et dans son tennis, elle explique que son parcours lors du 1er Grand Chelem de la saison n'est dû en rien au hasard. Interview !

INTERVIEW - Nathalie Dechy

Myskina et Schiavone (ses deux dernières victimes à l'Open d'Australie) ont déclaré qu'elles avaient mal joué, mais vous devez bien y être pour quelque chose ?

http://eurosport.tf1.fr/imgbk/tennis/all/md-i169773.jpg</IMG>Nathalie Dechy : Disons que c'est toujours plus facile de dire qu'on a mal joué que de reconnaître que l'adversaire a bien joué. Après, moi je sais que mon tennis a été bon, j'ai fait le match qu'il fallait. A la fin, seul le résultat compte, j'ai gagné le match et j'ai la chance de pouvoir en disputer un autre. Elles (Myskina et Schiavone) n'ont plus que leurs yeux pour pleurer dans les vestiaires.

Quand vous êtes arrivé ici, vous vous êtes dit que vous aviez une chance d'atteindre les quarts de finale ?

N.D. : Je me dis toujours que j'ai ma chance à chaque tournoi, après je sais qu'un Grand Chelem c'est long, il faut regarder match après match. Mon entraîneur physique m'avait dit "Allez, t'as vraiment une bonne chance d'aller loin, crois en tes chances".

En parlant de votre entraîneur physique, pouvez-vous nous parler de cette organisation que vous avez mis en place ? Est-ce que ça vous a aidé à grandir, à avoir de nouvelles ambitions ?

N.D. : En fait mon entraîneur physique est actuellement en Hollande, et comme il a pas trop l'habitude du tennis, il vit les matchs de manière très intense. C'est quelqu'un qui vient du duathlon (il a été champion du monde de la discipline), et ce que je peux dire c'est qu'il ne m'a pas ménagé. Depuis le mois de décembre, on s'entraîne dur, et c'est sûrement pour ça qu'en ce moment sur le court je me sens vraiment bien. Je n'ai pas vraiment eu l'impression de puiser sur mes réserves au cours de mes deux derniers matches.

C'est-à-dire ? Vous avez travaillé de nouveaux points à l'entraînement ?

http://eurosport.tf1.fr/imgbk/tennis/all/md-i171472.jpg</IMG>N.D. : Oui, sur des choses qui sont un peu différentes de ce qu'on travaillait depuis des années avec Xavier Moreau, qui était déjà un très bon entraîneur. Au début ça a été dur de changer, de s'adapter, mais courir dans le sable, effectuer du travail de gainage, c'était sympa.

Et Sven (Groeneveld, son entraîneur), quel est son rôle dans tout ça ?

N.D. : Le rôle d'un entraîneur, tout ce qui a trait au tennis. Il sait qu'un Grand Chelem c'est long, il a l'expérience des grands matches, des bons comme des moins bons. L'importance est de continuer dans ce sens. Plus la semaine avance, plus on s'améliore, c'est ça qui est vraiment bien.

On dit souvent qu'un quart de finale c'est comme un autre tournoi qui commence, comment le voyez-vous ?

N.D. : Tout ça, c'est un peu nouveau pour moi, mais je suis très contente de le découvrir.

Patty Schnyder n'a vraiment pas un jeu facile, d'autant que vous jouerez sur le Central, que vous avez découvert aujourd'hui...

N.D. : Son jeu correspond vraiment à ce court, quand on rentre dessus à 2h de l'après-midi, en plein soleil, la balle rebondit très haut et le court accroche beaucoup. Les conditions de jeu deviennent très lentes, ce qui va parfaitement dans le sens du jeu de Patty (Schnyder). Elle fait travailler l'adversaire longtemps chaque point, ce qui lui a permis de faire craquer physiquement Dementieva. Je sais que ça va être une bataille assez dure, mais comme je suis reposée et fraîche physiquement, je suis prête à livrer cette bataille.

Si on vous avait dit au début de votre carrière que c'est ici que vous atteindriez les quarts d'un tournoi du Grand Chelem, vous y auriez cru ?

N.D. : En fait c'est ici que j'ai joué une finale en junior, c'est ici aussi que j'ai le mieux débuté ma carrière professionnelle. J'adore ce tournoi et je suis content d'arriver à ce stade de la compétition ici, à l'Open d'Australie.

Bероника
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:02 AM
Allez Nat!!!!!!

stenen
Jan 26th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Allez Nat!

Scotso
Jan 26th, 2005, 04:56 AM
Dechy def. Schnyder 5-7 6-1 7-5 :hearts:

Into the semifinals! :bounce:

GoSandrine
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Time to celebrate!!! :D

http://smileys.******************/cat/13/13_4_2v.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS)

LostGlory
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Great win for Nat .... Amelie needs the challenge ....Very well done Nat....keep it going...

jlamire
Jan 26th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Great win for Nat .... Amelie needs the challenge ....Very well done Nat....keep it going...
I was thinking the same...it should put less pressure on Amelie if Nat goes on playing like that.

But hey don't celebrate yet! It's not over and I believe in her against Davy.
Go Nathalie and show people the talented player you are!

"Sluggy"
Jan 26th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Time to celebrate!!! :D

http://smileys.******************/cat/13/13_4_2v.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZS)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa wonderful news :hearts:

wolfgang
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Some pics I took of Nathalie during her wonderful win today!

wolfgang
Jan 26th, 2005, 11:27 AM
And a couple more.

Bероника
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:27 PM
http://www.australianopen.com/images/headers/04410g3.gifN. DECHY/P. Schnyder

5‑7, 6‑1, 7‑5

An interview with:

NATHALIE DECHY

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. In a match that's that close, can you say there was one thing that won the match?

NATHALIE DECHY: I think the thing was my fighting spirit. And I just ‑‑ yeah, I just trust myself from the beginning to the end even if it was really tough. And it was just a real battle. But I never, never gave up. I was like keep thinking positive and go for it and go for it, and it worked at the end.

Q. How does it feel to be in your first Grand Slam semifinal?

NATHALIE DECHY: It feels great. That was really tough battle. So I'm like ‑‑ after the match, I couldn't realize. But I'm really, really proud of what I did and I want to keep going for sure.

Q. Were you disappointed to be playing out on Margaret Court instead of Rod Laver?

NATHALIE DECHY: Yeah. Yes, I think you feel really disappointed because you just think that nobody care too much about this match, and it's still a quarterfinal Grand Slam. I know like the other match was much more entertaining for the Australian and for the tournament, but that wasn't scheduled very nicely.

Q. The 10‑minute break between the second and third sets, do you think that was to your disadvantage? Schnyder seemed like she were in trouble after you had leveled up.

NATHALIE DECHY: It was one of the first time I was doing that, having a ‑‑ taking a break. I think it's really tough to go back on court after. You really think that you're better inside and you don't want to go back out there.

It was tough for me, too. Like really I struggle even more the heat after the break. It was tough before, but it was even tougher after, I think. So it was not easy.

Q. How do you feel about facing Lindsay?

NATHALIE DECHY: I played ‑‑ she's No. 1 in the world. I play her in Sydney last week and I was already playing well, did a great match, lose against her. So I think from two weeks ago I improved. And it's such a great lady and such a great champion that I'm really happy to play against her in semifinal.

Q. How do you think you could beat her?

NATHALIE DECHY: I think I can because I'm playing much, much better than two weeks ago, and already two weeks ago it was like tough two sets. Yeah, she won it in two sets. I have few occasions.

I haven't think about it too much yet, but I will go for it.

Q. Physically, how much has the match today taken out of you, the heat? Will you be okay?

NATHALIE DECHY: Yeah, I think I'm ‑‑ I will recover really well. I did some ‑‑ already I start recovering. I did a lot of walk, stretching, and I'm going to have I think a three‑hours massage tonight. Our physio is here from the French Federation, so he already start working with me. It's gonna be ‑‑ I feel much, much better already than when I came out of court.

I know she had a tough one, too, even if she had a little bit of shadow on court and I didn't. But I'm going to recover well for sure.

Q. Will that be one of the major factors in the semifinal, which player recovers best from today?

NATHALIE DECHY: It's ‑‑ yeah, but it's also when you get at the end of the tournament, it's normal to feel a little bit tired. The good thing is I'm not painful from anywhere. I feel 100% on my body, so that's the good thing. I know that I just have to recover from this match, so that's already pretty easy compared to like if you have a kind of pain. So that's pretty good.

Q. How will you approach the semifinal? There won't be a great deal of pressure on you.

NATHALIE DECHY: I think the same way as I did on the previous rounds. Like I really enjoy myself out there. I just playing some really good match, doing what I like to do, and it's gonna be the same tomorrow. I mean, it's wonderful to have this kind of emotion, and I want to keep going.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Keep enjoying yourself,Nath and pull some other upset in the SF!!!!!

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!!

Bероника
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Nathalie Dechy: coeur de lionne

mer 26 jan, 12h22

MELBOURNE (AP) - A 25 ans, Nathalie Dechy (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/200.html), tête de série numéro 19 ici, se bonifie encore. Elle fait preuve de qualités guerrières jusqu'ici insoupçonnées. "C'est une lionne!" a lancé son nouvel entraîneur néerlandais Sven Groeneveld à Melbourne mercredi.

Résultat: les performances de Nathalie Dechy (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/200.html) à l'Open d'Australie lui valent de passer du 25e au 13e rang mondial.
Après sa 8e de finale, lundi Dechy avait déclaré: "Mes plus beaux exploits sont encore à venir". Ce ne fut ni de la forfanterie ni une phrase née seulement de l'euphorie d'un seuil fatidique enfin franchi lors de sa 37e participation en Grand Chelem. C'était une prévision.

Et mercredi, la Française en a apporté la preuve, franchissant les quarts de finale en battant la Suissesse Patty Schnyder (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/300.html) (12), sur le score de 5-7, 6-1, 7-5 en 2 heures 33 minutes.

Jamais auparavant elle n'avait accédé aux quarts en Grand Chelem. La voilà installée dans le dernier carré.

"J'en suis fière. C'était mon esprit de combat qui m'a permis de gagner. Je n'y ai jamais renoncé," a déclaré Nathalie Dechy (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/200.html).

Sommée d'expliquer cette éclosion tardive au plus haut niveau, Dechy n'a pu que répéter: "Je commence à avoir confiance en moi et d'être fière de ce que j'ai déjà réalisé".

Car chez elle, la réticente, la tranquille, l'introvertie, il est désormais clair que l'appétit vient en mangeant. Et que son choix de Groeneveld comme entraîneur, celui qui avait mené Mary Pierce (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/280.html) vers son premier sacre ici même en 1995, son déplacement vers Amsterdam pour se préparer, sa sortie du cocon de la Fédération, ont produit le déclic dont les résultats s'étalent au soleil de Melbourne.

Savourant le moment, sur sa chaise, après un revers croisé de toute beauté pour sceller son succès, elle a salué son mari Antoine Maître-Devallon et son entraîneur.

Groeneveld est précis à propos des qualités de son nouvel élève: "Elle est forte dans sa tête, elle possède une lecture claire du jeu et se concentre bien, elle a une bonne technique. Mais il lui manque une arme puissante. Elle ne s'offre donc que peu de points 'cadeaux'. Elle doit travailler dur. Et elle est prête à le faire", dit-il.

Et de poursuivre: "Seulement il ne faut plus qu'elle 'attende' la balle. Il faut agir, pas réagir. Prendre des initiatives comme elle vient de faire en changeant de préparation. Je suis ravi que ces initiatives s'avèrent si vite payantes!"

Dechy aussi: "Surtout, j'y crois!" dit-elle avec conviction. "Il y a de la confiance et une fierté à propos de ce que j'ai déjà réalisé. Je suis tellement heureuse de me retrouver en demi-finale d'un Grand Chelem".

En demi-finale, jeudi, Dechy rencontrera la tête de série numéro 1 et triple championne majeure, Lindsay Davenport (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/196.html). L'Américaine a écarté en quarts l'Australienne Alicia Molik (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/1970.html)(12) par 6-4, 4-6, 9-7 en 2 heures 33 minutes, durée identique de celle du match de Dechy.

Davenport, qui a battu Dechy en deux sets à Sydney il y a deux semaines, mène par 5 victoires à 0 dans les duels qui les ont opposées.

Elle est numéro un mondial et en prolongeant sa carrière d'une saison au-delà de la date prévue de sa retraite sportive, l'Américaine rêve d'ajouter un quatrième titre majeur à son palmarès où brillent déjà une victoire ici en 2000, et des trophées de Wimbledon (1999) et à l'US Open (1998).

La deuxième demi-finale du tableau féminin jeudi verra le choc entre la Russe Maria Sharapova (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/1500000000003013.html)(4), championne de Wimbledon 2004, et l'Américaine Serena Williams (http://fr.sports.yahoo.com/te/profile/333.html)(7), six fois vainqueur en Grand Chelem et titrée ici en 2003. AP

Bероника
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:49 PM
DECHY A GRANDI
Par Sophie DORGAN

Après l'élimination d'Amélie Mauresmo, le tennis français retrouve le sourire. Avec autorité, Nathalie Dechy s'est qualifiée pour la première fois de sa carrière pour le dernier carré d'un tournoi du Grand Chelem en dominant en trois sets la Suissesse Patty Schnyder. En demi-finale, elle rencontrera Lindsay Davenport, victorieuse de l'Australienne Alicia Molik au terme d'un match haletant conclu (9-7) dans la troisième manche.

http://www.lequipe.fr/home/pts.gifNathalie Dechy chez les grandeshttp://www.lequipe.fr/home/pts.gifLa gentille, la polie, l'effacée Nathalie Dechy est sortie de sa chrysalide à Melbourne. De l'ombre, la Française est passée à la lumière sous le projecteur de son nouvel entraîneur Sven Groeneveld. Sur le court, sa timidité s'est métamorphosée en force tranquille, son perfectionnisme, parfois source de frustration, est devenu un souci du détail, son intelligence, génératrice de questions, s'est transformée en sens tactique. Avec de petits riens, le coach néerlandais et la joueuse française ont réalisé beaucoup. A l'image de ses victoires sur Francesca Schiavone et Anastasia Myskina, son match piège contre Patty Schnyder est une preuve par l'exemple de cette nouvelle confiance. «C'était une bataille avec le coeur, a-t-elle expliqué. Mon but était de tenir, d'être positive tout le temps et d'aller au combat. A la fin, j'ai cru que j'allais tomber par terre».

Dans le vent et sous une chaleur accablante, la Française a tenu le bras de fer pour conclure (5-7, 6-1, 7-5) au bout de 2h33. Face à la patte de gauchère de la Suissesse, très à l'aise sur Rebound Ace, elle a dû déployer un jeu offensif ponctué par 49 montées au filet dont 29 gagnantes. Bien sûr, cette prise de risques a généré du déchet (50 fautes directes). Au premier set, la "cuisine" de Patty Schnyder, variant bien les effets et les trajectoires, s'est révélée indigeste. Nathalie Dechy a commis 24 fautes directes et a craqué sur son service après une faute en revers. Mais elle s'est parfaitement reprise dans la deuxième manche pour dominer physiquement la Suissesse, victime d'une grosse défaillance. Cette baisse de régime n'a pas duré avec un break d'entrée dans le troisième set pour Patty Schnyder. Sans s'affoler, la Française est revenue en gérant mieux les points importants que son adversaire (5 balles de break converties sur 7 contre 2 sur 15 pour la Suissesse). Un ultime revers croisé gagnant lui a offert sa première demi-finale de Grand Chelem contre Lindsay Davenport. «C'est sûr qu'elle ne me donnera pas le match. Elle joue bien et elle a l'expérience des Grands Chelems, mais moi je vais être vaillante», a prévenu Nathalie Dechy.

DECHY : «UNE BATAILLE AVEC LE COEUR»
«C'est un des matches les plus durs que j'ai jamais joué. Il faisait chaud, il y avait du vent et dès le milieu du premier set j'ai commencé à sentir la chaleur. C'était une bataille avec le coeur. Mon but était de tenir, d'être positive tout le temps et d'aller au combat. A la fin j'ai cru que j'allais tomber par terre. Quand elle impose un jeu agressif, arrondi, avec du lift, c'est dur. C'est vraiment chouette d'arriver dans le dernier carré. Quand on voit les gens qu'il y a autour, il n'y a que du beau monde. Je vis des moments géniaux. Ca penche du bon côté parce que j'y crois, parce qu'il y a la confiance et parce que le travail finit par payer. J'ai la chance d'avoir mon mari avec moi. Mon entraîneur est là et fait tout pour que je sois bien. C'est une bonne petite équipe. (à propos de la demi-finale contre Davenport) Le match que j'ai fait à Sydney (défaite 6-3, 6-4 au début du mois) m'a apporté pas mal de choses. Sur pas mal d'échanges, j'avais réussi à être meilleure qu'elle. Après elle avait très bien servi, elle avait bien joué. Quand elle joue bien, c'est la meilleure sur cette surface. Je pense que je peux la gêner vraiment demain. J'avais de mauvais bilan contre Schiavone et contre Myskina. Ce sont des filles qui me posaient des problèmes, comme Patty, mais quand j'arrive à jouer comme j'aime, quand j'arrive à imposer mon jeu, les verrous sautent. C'est sûr qu'elle ne me donnera pas le match, qu'elle joue bien, qu'elle a l'expérience des grands chelems, mais moi je vais être vaillante. De l'expérience, j'en manquais aujourd'hui, j'en manquais en Fed Cup en finale... Il y a l'expérience mais il y a aussi la fraîcheur de ne jamais avoir été dans ces matches-là. Elle a les meilleurs coups de fond de court du circuit. Elle a une frappe de balle exceptionnelle, son service est très bon, c'est ça qui fait qu'elle est très difficile à jouer.»
http://www.lequipe.fr/home/pts.gif

fredbdx
Jan 26th, 2005, 03:49 PM
What a great news, Nath is in SF of a grand slam tournement.
I'm french , and it's amazing to hear and watch how the media (TV and Radio) seem to discover this tennis player!! They're talking about her as if she was a rookie (whereas she's has been in the top 30 for so many years)!! Maybe because all the media were focusing on Amelie of course , and also on Tatiana for her rocketting jump in the tennis ranking.

i'm very happy for her, and also because now she's reknown as a good french tennis player....and now that she's gonna be 13 ranked in the world :worship: , may be she'll receive more attention from the press, the wta and stuff.....so good luck to Nath against Lindsay...she's nothing to loose so KEEP ON FIGHTING!!

jlamire
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:57 PM
extract from LE MONDE | 26.01.05 | 14h27

A Melbourne, Nathalie Dechy gagne en confiance

Qui l'eût cru ? Nathalie Dechy s'est qualifiée, mercredi 26 janvier, pour les demi-finales de l'Open d'Australie, en battant la Suissesse Patty Schnyder après une âpre lutte de plus de deux heures et demie (5-7, 6-1, 7-5). Ecrasés par un soleil de plomb et une chaleur dépassant les 30 degrés, les spectateurs ne s'étaient pas bousculés pour assister à ce quart de finale surprise opposant les tombeuses des Russes Elena Dementieva et Anastasia Myskina.

Les rares curieux perdus dans le Margaret Court, un modeste stade qui peut accueillir 6 000 spectateurs, ont dû regretter d'avoir fait le déplacement lors de la première manche, où les fautes directes se sont succédé avec une régularité affligeante. La Suissesse, qui tentait d'entrer pour la deuxième année d'affilée dans le dernier carré de l'Open d'Australie, est complètement passée à côté du deuxième set, avant de se reprendre dans la dernière ligne droite.

Cette rencontre aux allures de montagnes russes a mis à rude épreuve le cœur des supporteurs de Nathalie Dechy, qui s'était inclinée l'an dernier à Melbourne contre cette même Patty Schnyder. "Dans le premier set, j'ai ressenti beaucoup de frustration, explique l'époux de la Française, Antoine Maitre Devallor. Au deuxième, le soulagement a pris le dessus et au troisième je suis passé par tous les sentiments. C'est encore plus dur et épuisant quand on a une vision de mari amoureux."

VICTOIRE DE L'ESPRIT

La grande leçon de ce quart de finale est la force mentale dont a fait preuve Nathalie Dechy dans les moments cruciaux. Elle a sauvé quatre balles de break durant la dernière manche. "C'est un des matches les plus durs que j'ai jamais joués. Cela équivaut au moins à trois remontées de l'Alpe-d'Huez, résume-t-elle. C'était une bataille, mais je n'ai jamais baissé les bras."

Cette attitude ne surprend pas son nouvel entraîneur, Sven Gröneveld. "J'ai toujours su que son plus gros point fort était son mental, explique l'ancien coach hollandais de Mary Pierce et de Greg Rusedski. Elle joue les points importants mieux que les autres. Cette victoire est une victoire de l'esprit." Son mari ne dit rien d'autre : "Nathalie ne lâche jamais un match. C'est un rouleau compresseur dans la tête."

La volonté de cette brune bien sage de quitter le cocon de la Fédération française de tennis pour s'offrir les services d'un entraîneur étranger a marqué un tournant dans sa carrière. A bientôt 26 ans, elle n'avait jamais dépassé le stade du quatrième tour d'un tournoi du Grand Chelem. "Elle en avait assez de végéter, analyse son époux. On a la chance d'avoir une fédération qui nous aide, mais à un moment il faut savoir couper les ponts pour aller plus haut. Amélie (Mauresmo) l'a d'ailleurs encouragée à trouver un coach extérieur, même si cela demande de lourds investissements."

Cette initiative est saluée par son nouvel entraîneur. "Elle aurait pu rester avec sa fédération, mais elle est sortie de sa zone de confort pour venir travailler avec moi, se félicite Sven Gröneveld. Deux jours après son mariage -le 18 septembre-, elle était sur la route pour aller s'entraîner chez moi à Amsterdam au lieu de partir en voyage de noces." Dès le début de sa collaboration avec sa nouvelle protégée, qui continue de porter sur les courts une tenue toute blanche qui tranche avec les ensembles colorés et sexy de la plupart des autres joueuses, le mentor néerlandais a commencé par effectuer un travail psychologique. Une méthode bien rodée chez lui : "La première chose que je lui ai dite est qu'elle devrait être fière de ce qu'elle avait déjà accompli. Elle devait l'utiliser comme une base pour continuer à s'améliorer."

JE CROIS EN MES CHANCES

Sven Gröneveld s'est d'emblée attaché à peaufiner les points forts de la Française. "Cela augmente la confiance des joueuses, et je peux ensuite me concentrer sur leurs faiblesses, indique-t-il. Le problème de Nathalie est qu'elle n'a pas la puissance d'une Williams ou d'une Davenport. Elle doit travailler sur chaque balle car elle ne gagne pas de points gratuits. Elle doit apprendre à utiliser la puissance de ses adversaires."

Ces conseils sont suivis à la lettre par la tête de série no 19 à Melbourne. "Sven lui donne de la confiance car il a déjà remporté des tournois du Grand Chelem avec d'autres athlètes, souligne Antoine Maitre Devallor. Il nous aide aussi à gérer des moments difficiles comme les soirées qui suivent une victoire. Il nous force à aller dîner au restaurant pour ne plus penser au match précédent. Après le huitième de finale, nous sommes tous partis au cinéma. Ce soir, il nous fera peut-être monter sur une grande roue s'il en trouve une."

Nathalie Dechy devra toutefois faire attention à ne pas veiller trop tard. Sa demi-finale contre l'Américaine Lindsay Davenport est en effet programmée dès ce jeudi 27 janvier. La numéro un mondiale part bien évidemment grande favorite. Elle a remporté les cinq rencontres qui l'ont déjà opposée à la Française. Sa dernière victoire remonte au mardi 11 janvier à Sydney (6-3, 6-4). "Quand Lindsay Davenport joue bien, c'est la meilleure joueuse de fond de court au monde, et ses services sont très bons, relève Nathalie Dechy. Mais je crois en mes chances, sinon cela ne sert à rien de faire le match demain..."

Frédéric Therin

Bероника
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:54 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20050126/050126130204.5eab73ja0b.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20050126/all/l1322012.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afpji/20050126/050126082958.ogqhm7am0b.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20050126/sge.esm97.260105074903.photo00.quicklook.default-384x225.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20050126/sge.esj77.260105073244.photo00.quicklook.default-384x296.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20050126/all/l1321952.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20050126/sge.esa82.260105065225.photo00.quicklook.default-384x314.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20050126/all/l1321946.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20050126/sge.ery00.260105063236.photo00.quicklook.default-384x259.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20050126/sge.erw93.260105062533.photo00.quicklook.default-384x279.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20050126/all/l1321940.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20050126/all/l1321939.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20050126/all/l1321918.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20050126/all/l1321909.jpg

tom2791
Jan 26th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I just want to wish Nathalie congratulations and good luck against Lindsay!

améliemomo
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:54 PM
bravo nathalie pour ton parcours à l'open d'australie, tu me remonte le moral pour amélie, MERCI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :kiss:

continue à avoir cette rage et cette envie de jouer et d'etre sur le court afin de gagner et pas autrement.

Je te souhaite le meilleur!!!!!!!!!! :wavey:

Scotso
Jan 27th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Nathalie lost :(

6-2 6-7(5) 4-6.

She had her chances, but in the end she lost. Still, she played VERY well, better than anyone else in the semifinals. I was so impressed with how she played this match.

I'm SO proud of Nathalie :hearts: I'm sure she'll make another SF ;)

Allez Nathalie! :bounce:

jlamire
Jan 27th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Nathalie lost :(

6-2 6-7(5) 4-6.

She had her chances, but in the end she lost. Still, she played VERY well, better than anyone else in the semifinals. I was so impressed with how she played this match.

I'm SO proud of Nathalie :hearts: I'm sure she'll make another SF ;)

Allez Nathalie! :bounce:
When you think of it, it's hard to believe what happened to her this week....and yet I follow her since many years and have always believed in her talent.
Now I hope she will improve in all Grand Slams!!!!
Congratulations again to Nathalie Dechy!!!

Scotso
Jan 27th, 2005, 02:41 PM
L. DAVENPORT/N. Dechy

2 6, 7 6, 6 4

An interview with:

NATHALIE DECHY

THE MODERATOR: Questions for Nathalie.

Q. You must feel that's a great opportunity missed.
NATHALIE DECHY: You negative, no?
Of course I was close to I think I was close to win that match, but I think she's before getting a match point and getting the match over, there was few points from that, and she played really well all that close rallies.
So I don't regret anything. I mean, I played a really good match. I did the best I could, and I have no regrets.

Q. Were you nervous before the match?
NATHALIE DECHY: No.

Q. Is there one particular place or point where you thought the match got away from you, when you had the chance to win it? I'm thinking in the tiebreak, you played a forehand wide, it would have given you two match points.
NATHALIE DECHY: Well, I remember that I led 4 1, but she was serving still at 4 1, and she served pretty well. And you can always like replay the match and redo the match 10 times, but it's over. I mean, I think I did the best I could, as I said, and I'm really happy about this experience. I think I have been improving every matches, and that's it. It's over. I'm not going to go back tonight and play the match again.

Q. What difference has Sven made to your game?
NATHALIE DECHY: Well, I think we're working pretty well together. He's really good. We're having a good time and good fun working out there. That's the difference.

Q. Did experience or the difference in experience between you two make a big difference in this match?
NATHALIE DECHY: Yeah, maybe she handled like the tight moment a little bit better than I did. But I think she's the No. 1 in the world. She's able to play such a high quality level of tennis. And on these points, like on these really close points, she was serving really well, she was going completely for them and making some good shots. That's why she's there at the top, and that's why she's so tough to play on hard court.
I did already it was my best match against her, and I really think I challenge her the like pretty good already, so.

Bероника
Jan 27th, 2005, 03:43 PM
Nath doit être très fière de ce qu'elle a fait en Australie.Bravo pour un excellent tournoi.Peut-être qu'à RG elle ira encore à plus.Allez Nath!!!!:worship:

beauty_is_pink
Jan 27th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Bravo Nathalie :hug:
She's had such a great run at the Aussie Open :)

Tweety
Jan 27th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Congratulaions on this two great weeks! :bounce:

améliemomo
Jan 27th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Bravo pour ton parcours nathalie! :yeah:

Linnie
Jan 27th, 2005, 06:53 PM
Nathalie! :bounce: :banana:

I've never seen you play so well :D Keep it going!

And whatever you're doing, please pass it on to Mlle. Mauresmo ;)

Mariangelina
Jan 27th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Je suis d'accord avec Linnie... ;)

Bravo Nathalie. :D :worship: Un superbe parcours, au-dessus, je crois, des expectations de tout le monde. :worship: Oui, Mlle. Mauresmo pourrait bien profiter d'émuler son amie... ;)

Nath mérite son propre forum maintenant, n'est ce pas?

stenen
Jan 27th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Bravo Nath!

Bероника
Jan 29th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Nathalie Dechy veut surfer sur la vague australienne

MELBOURNE (Australie) - Demi-finaliste de l'Open d'Australie, Nathalie Dechy veut profiter de son élan pour entrer le plus vite possible dans les dix meilleures joueuses de tennis du monde.

"J'ai eu un niveau que je n'avais jamais atteint. J'ai envie de prendre ça comme une étape et de surfer sur cette vague", dit la Française, battue in extremis par la N.1 mondiale, l'Américaine Lindsay Davenport, après être passée à deux points de la finale, jeudi à Melbourne.

Encouragée par le Néerlandais Sven Groeneveld, son entraîneur depuis septembre, Nathalie Dechy s'est persuadée qu'elle devait jouer un tennis plus agressif, en coupant la trajectoire des balles grâce à son coup d'oeil et à ses qualités d'athlète.

"Je suis efficace quand j'arrive à gagner du temps par rapport à l'adversaire, à la prendre de vitesse. C'est là que je me fais plaisir et que ça marche le mieux", dit-elle.

En pratiquant ce jeu vers l'avant, Nathalie Dechy, joueuse plus svelte (1,77 m, 59 kg) et moins puissante que beaucoup de ses adversaires, a battu coup sur coup trois têtes de série mieux classées qu'elle, l'Italienne Francesca Schiavone (N.14), la Russe Anastasia Myskina (N.3) et la Suissesse Patty Schnyder (N.12). "De bonnes victoires contre des filles qui m'avaient battue par le passé", souligne-t-elle.

Déclic

Dechy, qui passera de la 25e à la 13e place mondiale, la meilleure de sa carrière, dès lundi, a "senti quelque chose venir" dès l'été 2004. "Le fait de battre Jennifer Capriati aux Etats-Unis (à New Haven) a été un déclic. Puis la Fed Cup m'a fait le plus grand bien", rappelle-t-elle.

En novembre à Moscou, en l'absence d'Amélie Mauresmo, elle avait assumé le rôle de leader en remettant l'équipe de France en selle par une belle victoire sur Svetlana Kuznetsova, 5e mondiale. Même si les joueuses de Guy Forget s'étaient finalement inclinées de justesse (3-2) contre les Russes, l'expérience a servi de "deuxième détonateur" à Nathalie Dechy.

A bientôt 26 ans, la Française, jeune mariée, est certaine qu'il n'est pas trop tard pour s'imposer parmi les toutes meilleures. "Chacun a une maturation différente. Je sais que je ne suis pas encore à mon top. Je vais encore jouer quelques années", affirme-t-elle en citant l'exemple de Nathalie Tauziat, entrée pour la première fois dans les dix meilleures mondiales à 30 ans.

Nathalie Dechy sait qu'elle doit encore progresser dans de nombreux domaines, notamment au service. "J'ai fait un grand pas, mais tout n'est pas arrivé. Le tennis, c'est une remise en question permanente, un jeu d'humilité. Les autres ne vont pas me faire de cadeaux. Mais j'ai gagné pas mal de confiance", explique-t-elle.

Avec ce nouveau bagage, il n'est pas exclu que Dechy remporte un tournoi du Grand Chelem avant Amélie Mauresmo. "Amélie a été N.1 mondiale récemment. Je suis encore loin de son palmarès", corrige-t-elle modestement.

GoSandrine
Jan 29th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Nathalie was awesome against Lindsay!!! :yeah:

Amazing what a coaching change and a fresh perspective can do for a player. I expect great things from Nathalie in 2005. :D :kiss:

guycan
Jan 29th, 2005, 09:14 PM
Allez Nathalie!

A fantastic display in Melbourne for the entire two weeks. The match against Davenport really should of been yours.

Hope to see you in person in action at Roland Garros in May. Go get 'em and win the French title!!!!

Scotso
Jan 31st, 2005, 02:12 AM
Like my new name? :D

"Sluggy"
Jan 31st, 2005, 08:41 AM

yes I love it :hearts:

jlamire
Jan 31st, 2005, 09:54 AM
Quite straight forward indeed!
By the way I saw Nat at the french television yesterday....I'm happy to see her get more attention from the media in France. And it was great to watch that because she shows obviously that she's happy at the moment. A sheer delight to see her so happy!!

Scotso
Jan 31st, 2005, 06:09 PM
It is nice to see her so happy :D

Also nice to see her playing so well!

améliemomo
Feb 3rd, 2005, 02:54 PM
Nathalie was invited in a stade2 last sunday :)

here some pictures:

http://stade2.france2.fr/images/dechyA300105.jpg

http://stade2.france2.fr/images/tennis300105.jpg how her family,tennis club lived her adventure.

A funny drawn :)

http://stade2.france2.fr/images/dessindechy.jpg

the videos link:dechy vidéos (http://stade2.france2.fr/stade2.htm)

Bероника
Feb 3rd, 2005, 03:04 PM
wow thanks for that link ;)

améliemomo
Feb 3rd, 2005, 03:07 PM
pas de problême ;)

Bероника
Feb 3rd, 2005, 03:19 PM
Je la trouve adorable.;)

améliemomo
Feb 3rd, 2005, 03:24 PM
Clair que nathalie est une personne vraiment simple et super attachante, c géniale qu'elle ait franchit ce nouveau cap :yeah:

j'espère que ce n'est que le début. ;) Elle le mérite.

améliemomo
Feb 3rd, 2005, 04:54 PM
you are lucky nathalie dechy fans because she is invited in another tv show, tonight at 19h00 at canal+ chez michel denisot. :)

Scotso
Feb 4th, 2005, 03:45 AM
I wish I could see these shows that Nathalie is on :D

Not that I would be able to understand what they are saying but, I would love it anyway ;)

Bероника
Feb 6th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Dechy de-là 04-02-2005 La demi-finaliste du récent Open d'Australie a confirmé sa participation aux Proximus Diamond Games d'Anvers.

Les organisateurs des Proximus Diamond Games 2005 ont confirmé la participation de Nathalie Dechy à la 4-ème édition du tournoi anversois. Demi-finaliste lors du récent Open d'Australie, Dechy occupe la 13-ème place du classement WTA.

Lors de son périple australien, elle avait créé la sensation en évincant tour à tour Anastasia Myskina et Patty Schnyder, avant de s'incliner en trois manches face à Lindsay Davenport. Avec Nathalie Dechy, pas moins de 8 joueuses du top 20 seront présentes au Palais des Sports.

Scotso
Feb 6th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Good, I'm glad she decided to play there ;)

Nathalie's draw in Paris Indoors is pretty good :) Though she isn't playing doubles :(

Bероника
Feb 8th, 2005, 04:19 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/paris/f_30.jpg

http://www.wtatour.com/global/photogallery/paris/f_27.jpg

Bероника
Feb 9th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Dechy sans convaincre

http://www.opengazdefrance.com/mediastore/sporever/photos_sporever/tennis/Femmes/DECHY_AUSTRALIE_240105.jpg

Au terme d'une prestation moyenne, Nathalie Dechy a obtenu son billet pour les huitièmes de finale en dominant Kostanic 7-5, 7-6 (4) en 1h53. Très crispée, la Française a eu beaucoup de mal à se libérer.
http://www.opengazdefrance.com/mediastore/gdf/open/img/p.gifLe plus dur, ce n'est pas de faire une grosse performance de temps en temps. Beaucoup de joueuses du Top 50 en sont capables. Le plus dur, au contraire, c'est de confirmer, et plus particulièrement de confirmer les attentes qu'on a suscitées. Nathalie Dechy est en train d'en faire l'expèrience, qui heureusement, n'a pas encore un goût amer.

Sensation de l'Open d'Australie, la Française avait atteint à Melbourne les demi-finales du tournoi, écartant sur sa route Myskina, et faisant suer à grosses gouttes Lindsay Davenport, la numéro un mondiale toute de même. Une performance mais pas une réelle surprise. Car deux événements récents, son mariage il y a quelques mois et l'engagement d'un coach privé particulièrement renommé, Sven Groeneeld, ont transformé la Nordiste. Considérée comme trop gentille par de nombreux observateurs, cette qualité pas forcément partagée par toutes ses consoeurs du circuit, semblait lui barrer la route du plus haut niveau. En bousculant ses habitudes et sa sphère privée, Dechy s'est métamorphosée. Sure d'elle, agressive, décidée, elle débarquait à Paris dans la peau d'une vraie outsider flanquée du dossard n°13 de la WTA, son meilleur classement.

Elle était donc particulièrement attendue par un Coubertin presque comble pour l'accueillir. Dechy avait d'ailleurs annoncé la couleur en arrivant à Paris, « Je ne compte pas en rester là ». Si Amélie Mauresmo connait bien l'équation : attention du public et des médias = surcroit de pression = tête qui gamberge = bras qui tremble, Nat' commence seulement à l'appréhender. Opposée à Kostanic pour son entrée dans le tableau, ce premier match avait tout du guet apens. Car la Croate, 34ème joueuse mondiale, n'est pas la première venue, et ne comptait pas abréger son après-midi pour profiter de la fin des soldes.

Nat' crispée et agacée

Autant le dire de suite, la nouvelle Dechy était peut-être encore en Australie, mais certainement pas Porte de Saint-Cloud. Particulièrement crispée, la numéro deux française se faisait rapidement breaker (2-4), avant de recoller immédiatement (4-4). Si elle devait à nouveau s'employer pour écarter des balles de break, c'est par un trou de souris qu'elle empochait la première manche 7-5, Kostanic n'étant guère mieux inspirée.
Le gain du premier set ne libérait absolument pas le bras de la Française. Particulièrement agacée par le bruit des spectateurs, Dechy lâchait même au public un étonnant « Arrêtez de bouger un peu s'il vous plait ! », ce qui démontrait sa grande fébrilité. Hâchée par les multiples erreurs des deux joueuses, cette deuxième manche se joua finalement au tie-break. Profitant des fautes de son adversaire, Dechy parvenait malgré tout à s'imposer 7 points à 4 . Mais sans se relâcher et surtout sans convaincre.

« Les conditions étaient très différentes de l'Australie, il m'a fallu un peu de temps pour m'habituer, mais ça devrait aller mieux maintenant. Je n'avais pas beaucoup joué ces derniers jours et j'étais un peu en manque de tennis », précisait-elle après sa victoire. On ne retiendra donc que ce succès en deux sets qui la lance dans le tableau. C'est déjà un bon point. En huitième l'attend Marion Bartoli. La route est encore longue.

Bероника
Feb 9th, 2005, 07:58 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20050209/sge.jfl19.090205183050.photo00.quicklook.default-267x384.jpg

She looks nice in black :D

Bероника
Feb 9th, 2005, 07:59 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20050209/sge.jfi28.090205181853.photo00.quicklook.default-306x384.jpg

Scotso
Feb 10th, 2005, 04:45 AM
Thanks for the photos :D

Congrats Nathalie :D allez!

Scotso
Feb 10th, 2005, 04:46 AM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/afp_photo/20050209/sge.jfl19.090205183050.photo00.quicklook.default-267x384.jpg

She looks so pretty there :hearts:

jlamire
Feb 10th, 2005, 10:28 AM

I find her even tasty :lick:

Bероника
Feb 10th, 2005, 02:57 PM
hehe :lol: jlamire