PDA

View Full Version : Kim's excl interview with Flemish kids

KaseyL
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:58 AM
You know, CCL is THE place to be for Kim fans ;)

(a bit of shameless advertising, I know :D )

Here is the fully translated text of Kim's latest exclusive interview for a Flemish newspaper for kids, Jommekeskrant.

For more about that newspaper and Kim's trophy she received from their readers: see the Antwerp thread and the new pics thread (I posted a pic with her trophy 'Golden Flip' there)

----
Source: Jommekeskrant, Feb. 25, 2003

Kim Clijsters: "It’s always a honour to win"

translated by Ingrid

Kim Clijsters is more popular than ever. She didn’t manage to beat Venus Williams at the tournament in Antwerp, but to her fans she is now already the absolute number one in tennis. Very shortly she’ll be leaving Belgium for a long period again, so our Jommekeskrant readers were quick to seize their chance to offer Kim the Golden Flip. Kim gave a private press conference for our readers only. They could ask their questions just like real journalists. Here we go!

Where do you prefer to live, in Belgium, or in Australia?
Kim: “I can’t choose between the two. Australia is really a very beautiful country. Very warm and such. But my family still lives in Belgium, so I would never find it in my heart to never come to this country again. Moreover, I am also building a house here now. I really look forward to start living my own life here. Ach, I think it will be a bit fifty-fifty, half of the time in Australia and the other half in Belgium."

Doesn’t it bother you that Serena Williams sometimes makes so much noise during a match?
Kim: "No, really. It is far more striking when you’re watching a match on TV than in real. When I play Serena, I am so concentrated and focused on that ball, that I hardly hear her. I also hear very little of the crowd."

Are you never shy when you have to play in front of thousands of people?
Kim: “It is impressive for a moment when you’re coming on court, though. But once you’re playing, you have forgotten about it. You only think about the match then. When I had to play at Roland Garros at the beginning, I quite had to get used to it for a bit and everything was so new. But you learn it quite fast, though, certainly when you regularly have to play such matches in front of a big crowd.”

What do you miss the most when you are abroad?
Kim: “My doggy!”

How do you prepare for a final?
Kim: “I prepare myself for a final the same way I do for the first round of a tournament. I try to take care that I have hitted balls, that I have done some tennis the morning before the match. I then try to eat a bit, to have enough energy for the match. And furthermore, I try as much as possible to listen to music to relax, so that I don’t get too nervous before a match.”

Where do you keep all these tennis balls when you have to serve?
Kim: “I wear shorts under my skirt, so you then simply can keep the tennis ball in your pocket. It’s very easy. Such extra shorts aren’t necessary for boys of course!” (laughter)

How do you feel when you win an important tournament?
Kim: “I am always very happy when I win a tournament, whether it is a small one in Luxembourg or a bigger tournament in America. Every tournament that I can win is a big honour for me. Every match I win is nice for my winning list.”

Do you really still like tennis?
Kim: “Yes, of course, although also some routine came into it by now. Travelling is the toughest thing. I am not such a fan of sitting in aircrafts. I even have quite a lot of fear in a plane. But everything is very pleasant when it comes to tennis matters.”

Can I combine tennis and volleyball?
Kim: “Why not? As long as you can combine school, tennis and volleyball, you should keep on doing that. Tennis is my first sport, but I also play squash, badminton and football and such. The one sport helps the other one a bit, though.

Where did you meet Lleyton?
Kim: “I was sixteen when I met Lleyton. When we were playing the same tournaments, we regularly ran across each other and that’s how everything started. And from one thing comes another, huh! (laughter)

END

thanks to young interviewers Karen, Bram, Wout, Charlotte, Leen, Dominique, Charlotte, Stéphanie, Julie, Charlotte, Billy and Jan!

:hearts:

(btw I loved to do this translation, although I had to hurry. Promising journalist material in this group of kids! :) )

angele87
Feb 25th, 2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by KaseyL

Where did you meet Lleyton?
Kim: “I was sixteen when I met Lleyton. When we were playing the same tournaments, we regularly ran across each other and that’s how everything started. And from one thing comes another, huh! (laughter)

LOL :D :hearts:

Thanks Ingrid :kiss:

KaseyL
Feb 25th, 2003, 12:08 PM
LOL, you're welcome, Angele!

I think they did quite a lot of running across each other, no? ;)

keta
Feb 25th, 2003, 12:13 PM
:hearts: :hearts: Awww thats soo cute! Even the way the kids wrod the questions! And you can tellbey Kim's answer's that she didnt mind talking to them! :D:D:kiss: Thankz Ingrid!

duck
Feb 25th, 2003, 12:27 PM
Thank you! Such a nice interview

Zoecrick
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Thanxs for the interview was it done in Antwerp by the way? I cant wait for her to start playing again its been 9 days already!!! And Lleyton i ca hardly remember the last time he picked up a racket (sp?) !!! Kidding!!!

Bigkimfan
Feb 25th, 2003, 03:49 PM
Thanks Ingrid!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

kit
Feb 25th, 2003, 07:58 PM
Thank you very much for the interview,Ingrid!!:worship: :worship: :worship:
The quetions are very interesting!!;) ;) ;)

possie
Feb 25th, 2003, 09:24 PM
Thanks Ingrid......I loved the last question (and answer)....very cute :angel: :angel: