PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Coverage In Australia!!!!!

Ashie_87
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:57 AM
OMG!!! what is it with the Australian tv station people?!?!?:fiery: :fiery:

The only tennis they televise is the WTA tour! sometimes not even all that!:mad:

they have the aus open, wimbly sometimes, us open, and davis cup-but only the australian team(which really isn't that bad, but we still want to see kim occasionally!)

anyone else agree???

ME SOOOOO MAD:fiery: :mad:

Micky
Feb 25th, 2003, 07:50 AM
yeah, i hate it too!!
however we now have foxtel, and get all the slams, plus most of the masters-series and the finals of a few WTA and ATP tournaments throughout the year.
but i really hate it too, also because of the time difference there on at like 3am.:(

keta
Feb 25th, 2003, 09:13 AM
:fiery: :sad: :( :mad: I know we have foxtell aswell but its useless!! We get hardly any events anwyas! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Aussie_Kim
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Tell me bout it! I don't have foxtel but I reckon there should b a free channel just for sport. Apart from Aussie rules most sports are neglected, but especially tennis. If it wasn't 4 the internet I would have no idea what is going on in the tennis world. And 1/2 the time my mum bans me from it, so I get totally pissed off & go in sane.

:( :( :(

spiritfullfrog
Feb 27th, 2003, 05:33 AM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I am like totally with all you guys!!

I've had Optus Sports, AND Foxtel AND that one channel of ESPN, and they show barely enough of what they SHOULD show!!!

Like they show heapsa cricket golf (zzz), AFL Rugby League...etc etc, and stupid sports like pool!!?!! And all ESPN ever shows is american football and NBL!!!

LIKE COME ON!!!! :fiery:

But apparently the Americans are getting an all Tennis channel!! (JEALOUS!)

I WANT MORE TENNIS
I WANT MORE TENNIS
I WANT MORE TENNIS
I WANT MORE TENNIS
I WANT MORE TENNIS

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

possie
Feb 27th, 2003, 05:58 AM
Well, I'm another :mad: :mad: tennis deprived Aussie !! I don't have any pay TV (only free to air TV), but I'm glad to hear that I'm not actually missing out. OK, so we get coverage of Aussie tournaments e.g. The Adidas International, the Aus Open and DC, plus the other grand slams (albeit in the middle of the night :mad: :mad: ), but that's it!!! I want more tennis and especially more of Lleyton's and Kim's matches!!!!!!!

Micky
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:01 AM
But apparently the Americans are getting an all Tennis channel!! (JEALOUS!)

me too! i'm soo jealous too!!!!:(