PDA

View Full Version : The Great British Tennis Pub

JoeyWinson3.0
Feb 24th, 2003, 11:49 PM
Come inside!

We've got Tetley's on, Only Fools and Horses on the TV, Steak and Kidney Pie and chips on the menu, Pictures of dogs playing snooker on the wall...

Go on, chat away like British people do, and do it in the comfort of here!

-Sonic-
Feb 25th, 2003, 01:00 AM
oh no no no no no no, OF&H pisses me off something chronic now i'm all grown up :p

put bargain hunt on!

JoeyWinson3.0
Feb 25th, 2003, 08:29 AM
Okay, David Dickinson's on... wait, Carl Wilde (the outrageously camp red high heeled shoe wearing northern gardener) is on This Morning... that's going on now!

King Aaron
Feb 25th, 2003, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by JoeyWinson3.0
Go on, chat away like British people do, and do it in the comfort of here!

What about those who aren't Brit?

Monica_Rules
Feb 25th, 2003, 08:17 PM
Only fools and horses is crap and old can't believe people find that funny now!

bluepastures
Feb 25th, 2003, 10:27 PM
No, I never found Only Fools and Horses funny. In fact, I think of the old comedies, Fawlty Towers is by far the best.

Caz
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:07 PM
No, I never liked Only Fools and Horses either. I'm with bluepastures; Fawlty Towers was great! Manuel was just too funny!! ;) Keeping up Appearances was great too! :D

JoeyWinson3.0
Mar 10th, 2003, 12:57 AM
Ok, Maxine says I should bring it in here...

Has anyone seen Reborn in the USA (was on Saturday night)?

paul_masterton
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:25 PM
yes. I love Gina G so much.

When it first came out i absolutely loved 'ooh ahh just a little bit" (hey i was like 13). So should be re-released.

Michelle Gayle is a good singer too.

Of old comedies there are some clear winners:

Fawlty Towers
Keeping Up Appearances
Monty Python
Victoria Wood
French and Saunders
The Fast Show

now a days the best are:

French and Saunders (and the by-products of Ab Fab and Vicar of Dibley)
Smack the Pony - just hilarious
The Kumars
Posh Nosh

JoeyWinson3.0
Mar 11th, 2003, 12:49 AM
Best "recent" (last ten or so yrs) comedy on TV IMHO

Phoenix Nights
I'm Alan Partridge
The Office
Brass Eye (utter genius)
The Day Today
The Fast Show
Marion and Geoff
Human Remains
Ali G (when he was on the 11 o'clock show, not since the character became very worn and sold out)
Vic Reeves Big Night Out
The Smell of Reeves and Mortimer
Shooting Stars
Black Books
That Peter Kay Thing
http://www.tvgohome.com (spawned a tv series)
http://www.unnovations.com (hasn't... yet)
The Richard Taylor Interviews

Maxine
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:18 PM
Ok, Maxine says I should bring it in here...

Has anyone seen Reborn in the USA (was on Saturday night)?

Joey! Sorry if you felt you had to move this! :kiss:

Paul, I love French and Saunders too, and love Smack The Pony as well. Doon Mackichan is doing really well in Fame Academy :)

Joey I love most of your fave comedies especially Black Books :hearts: My freinds think i have no sense of humour for loving this show but I don't care, I hope it comes back for another series soon! Peter Kay is hilarious too, I prefer him to The Office I think because i work in an office and it is too close to the bone!

Brass Eye was genius I agree, very warped!! And Doon was in that too! DOON TO WIN!

cooolconchita
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:21 PM
nonononono - please can you put challenge tv on! :eek:
they're showing my FAVOURITE kids show of all time - KNIGHTMARE!!!
where you had to put that helmet on and avoid the goblins!!! :drool:

i love it!!!!

Maxine
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:39 PM

i love it!!!!

OMG Knightmare is on!! I *loved* that show after school! :bounce:

Pdm1987
Mar 11th, 2003, 07:45 PM

i love it!!!!

:bounce:
That was a great program wasn't it, perhaps they should show it again on proper tele. it's beats todays childrens rubbish!!

Monica_Rules
Mar 12th, 2003, 05:06 PM
i really enjoyed Dinnerladies when that was on. Ab Fab and Vicar of Dibley was great too.

Pdm1987
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:31 PM
dinnerladies was brilliant wasn't it, as was the vicar of dibley, but i think that Ab Fab is too OTT.

I have just been watching fame academy, and I cannot believe that the public voted for 1. Kwame, 2. Will, 3. Ruby and got rid of Doon. I cannot stand the men because they are taking it too seriously but anyway. Does the pub TV have Freeview, and if so could we please watch the live stream of Fame Academy on BBCi.

veryborednow
Mar 15th, 2003, 03:55 PM
Did everyone enjoy RedNoseDay??

Loved the Harry Potter sketch, though I think I missed the majority of it.

Monica_Rules
Mar 15th, 2003, 10:23 PM
I loved the Harry Potter thing so funny!

veryborednow
Mar 16th, 2003, 08:05 PM
We are the North Compton Wildcats
We're black, we know it
We shake our big booties and show it
We ain't white,We ain't white
We definately ain't white
Break it down nigaz

Bring It On?

Caz
Mar 16th, 2003, 11:46 PM

i love it!!!!

OMG!! They show that on Challenge TV?!? Wow!! That programme was *so* cool!! I used to just love it!!! :D

JoeyWinson3.0
Mar 17th, 2003, 01:39 PM
The funniest Knightmare show was the contestant who couldnt tell his left from his right, lol.

Interesting Knightmare fact... the graphics were done on an Amiga! (as was Babylon 5, and most of the TV graphics you saw in the 1980's)

Princess Fiona
Mar 17th, 2003, 02:36 PM
:wavey:

*ordering a pint* :angel: :D

They are also showing The Interceptor on Challenge TV... I don't know if anyone else remembers this but it's presented by Annabel Croft when she was very young!! It's certainly worth watching... Even though I think that "dude" is scary... :eek: ;)

veryborednow
Mar 17th, 2003, 04:47 PM
*gasp* noooooooo! They still show Knightmare!! And no one told me! *runs off to watch tv*
IAw, who thought it'd be funny to do Nightmare without knowing right or left? Poor Kid.

You have no idea how happy I am. They don't make TV shows like that any more.

Monica_Rules
Mar 17th, 2003, 05:07 PM
No Romilly its from Not another teen movie!

Nice to see you on the board again haven't spoken to you for a while.How are you? What have you been up to?

Maxine
Mar 17th, 2003, 10:18 PM
*gasp* noooooooo! They still show Knightmare!! And no one told me! *runs off to watch tv*
IAw, who thought it'd be funny to do Nightmare without knowing right or left? Poor Kid.

You have no idea how happy I am. They don't make TV shows like that any more.
You are right they don't make shows like that now! I used to like it when they had to take one side-step left or right! I used to be quite scared by it at the time though :o

veryborednow
Mar 18th, 2003, 04:06 PM
Do you remember the room where parts of the floor dissappeared? And if they were in the wrong place and the floor did dissappear they'd fall down too.

I always thought that was real (I agree Maxine, very scary), very stressful to watch that room.

Perve, I hated that film. It was crap! I'm fine, how are you?

Colin B
Mar 18th, 2003, 06:36 PM
Best "recent" (last ten or so yrs) comedy on TV IMHO

The Royale Family.
The League of Gentlemen (series 1 and 2).
The Office.

Three of the best observed comedies ever written. Sometimes they're so true to life it makes me shudder. Last week I was at a meeting chaired by a man who was sooo David Brent, I thought he was being intentionally funny and laughed several times before I realised he was for real!

Monica_Rules
Mar 19th, 2003, 09:52 AM
I'm great.Getting really bored with school but only 7 weeks to go.The hopefully after great results in the summer going to Manchester uni to do Biomedical science.

veryborednow
Mar 19th, 2003, 05:20 PM
Biomedical science?! :eek:

Monica_Rules
Mar 19th, 2003, 09:52 PM
Yes.Basically Biology.

So hows school going with you!

JoeyWinson3.0
Mar 20th, 2003, 01:45 AM
nite...

By the way I'll inform you first that by 12 ish pm today 20/03/03 my mental state will be at one extreme or another, so beware. It simply won't just be "in the middle".

Monica_Rules
Mar 20th, 2003, 08:48 AM
Ok why?

JoeyWinson3.0
Mar 20th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Luckily you're gonna catch the upside of high from me today!

I got on the journalism course I wanted to get on so badly.

veryborednow
Mar 20th, 2003, 04:33 PM
CONGRATS!!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

(my looooooooooong list of the shadow cabinet was the clincher....right ;))

School = boring. When I'm there. Which is not often.

JoeyWinson3.0
Mar 21st, 2003, 12:21 AM
Lol! The only question I got asked about the Shadow Cabinet in the General Knowledge section of the paper was "who is the leader of the opposition". The rest werent as easy tho... but who cares, I passed and I'm on it.

cooolconchita
Mar 21st, 2003, 12:35 PM
well done!!!

you'll love it - remember - arse around in your first year, ditto the second, have no life in the third (me currently!)

JoeyWinson3.0
Mar 21st, 2003, 01:28 PM
"you'll love it - remember - arse around in your first year, ditto the second, have no life in the third (me currently!)"

I don't think arsing around in the first year will help when it's a one-year course. :)

veryborednow
Mar 21st, 2003, 04:00 PM
I don't think arsing around in the first year will help when it's a one-year course. :)
heh.

Maxine
Mar 21st, 2003, 05:43 PM
Luckily you're gonna catch the upside of high from me today!

I got on the journalism course I wanted to get on so badly.
Well done Joey! ;) :bounce:

Monica_Rules
Mar 22nd, 2003, 09:11 PM
Congrats!

i will be loving arsing around in my first year of a three year course:)

JoeyWinson3.0
Mar 24th, 2003, 05:45 PM
(ah, bleeding... gotta mop that up... anyway)

Oh it's great to actually call myself a student again (well altho I don't start the course until september I have to do preperation work), a year of doing nothing other than part time work really gets you down and makes you feel so bored...

Now I really have to sort out my bleeding knuckles (no I haven't hit anyone)

Monica_Rules
Mar 24th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Lol!

JoeyWinson3.0
Mar 25th, 2003, 12:48 AM
Ah they're all sorted now and plastered up, rather unfortunate incident with a cheese grater there.

cooolconchita
Mar 25th, 2003, 11:10 AM
sorry joey! ;)

i'm doing a one year course next year after my degree, a PGCE in English, so I'll be teaching all those youngsters about poetry, similies and metaphors - lucky me! :mad:

Monica_Rules
Mar 25th, 2003, 10:08 PM
Have fun!

I wouldn't like to become a teacher in britain these days.Kids are such scallies at the moment!

cooolconchita
Mar 26th, 2003, 12:46 PM
i know what you mean - but if I can't handle it, I can always quit, and teach primary! :)

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 1st, 2003, 03:16 PM
Oi, business has dropped off recently... where you all going, hmm... maybe I shouldn't have taken bar meals off the menu.

Monica_Rules
Apr 2nd, 2003, 12:18 PM
What?

Pdm1987
Apr 2nd, 2003, 02:53 PM
I'm here again. Those toilets need a good clean so i suggest that you clean them ASAP.

New conversation; How do people rate Britains chances in Fed Cup?

veryborednow
Apr 2nd, 2003, 03:58 PM
How do people rate Britains chances in Fed Cup?
Poor --> none? ;)

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 3rd, 2003, 08:35 AM
Yeah got the toilets sorted, apolofgies for the blood everywhere.

Monica_Rules
Apr 4th, 2003, 06:46 PM
LOL!

Fed cup cos its on clay GBR doesn't stand a very good chance.But we should at least stay in group 1!

veryborednow
Apr 7th, 2003, 04:48 PM
aw, how long have they had this avatar?

I hope the press don't put too much pressure on her this Wimbly...

Pdm1987
Apr 7th, 2003, 05:37 PM
It's been here for a couple of weeks now, and look at all but one person is using the avatar, great :bounce:

Monica_Rules
Apr 7th, 2003, 06:39 PM
LOL!

I want and Anne K one though!

veryborednow
Apr 8th, 2003, 09:19 PM
LOL!

I want and Anne K one though!
You'll have to beat John Inverdale to it.

How is Bally? Better? I really haven't been following any tennis as of late.

Pdm1987
Apr 9th, 2003, 05:12 PM
She hurt her ankle the other week and I suppose that she is still having truble with her liver. I hope she starts playing again soon she needs points.

Also when are the British team going to be announced, although I do think that the LTA couldn't care less about Fed Cup and will pick a team at the last minute. And why does Britain make so much fuss over Davis Cup when the Women's Fed Cup is just as bad.

Pdm1987
Apr 9th, 2003, 05:19 PM
Also Tim Henman is injured again

Monica_Rules
Apr 9th, 2003, 09:34 PM
I know just heard!

I have no idea when the FED cup team is announced.

I think Anne,Jane and Julie are defo on the team with most likely Lucie unless Bally is back!

-Sonic-
Apr 9th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Me & my housemates quote smack the pony at each other when we can't be arsed to have a proper convo.

"I'm a beauuuuuutiful lay-dah, with long golden har, and hee-oww-ge breasts. When you meet me, I'll hug yya breath away.... I can go all night if ya want me to... So come, come aboard the lurve train *wobble wobble wobble*"

My ex-best friend's sister was on knightmare, she sat on the right in the dungeon thing as you look at them! They did mega shite tho, I believe they died in level 2. Tards. I dunno how, but we used to play knightmare in the playground.

And Mwah Joey. You can see my union before u go so you know how all the lady pulling is done :p

-Sonic-
Apr 9th, 2003, 11:59 PM
I am making Art
I am making Art
I am making Art
I am making Art
I am making Art
I am making Art
I am making Art
I am making Art

Monica_Rules
Apr 10th, 2003, 08:22 PM
LOL Smack the pony that is such a great programme!

Does anyone watch 3 non-blondes?

That is funny!

Maxine
Apr 10th, 2003, 09:45 PM
I love Smack The Pony. Loved that sketch where the couple recorded every conversation, and they were checking back on tapes to see who was right!

Monica_Rules
Apr 12th, 2003, 09:56 AM
Oh yeah that was brill!

JoeyWinson3.0
Apr 12th, 2003, 11:12 AM
wha?