PDA

View Full Version : Serena vs. Kim

SerenaSlam
Feb 24th, 2003, 03:45 PM
I see no one has really started any threads on this match up. Well got a question, if this final does happen, is there any reason why we shouldn't expect an outcome similar to the one Venus gave us when she defeated Kim? Clearly Serena right now is better than Venus, and I think it proved that When Venus is on her game, Kim doesn't have a chance. I can say the same thing for Serena vs. Kim, but do you all think the same thing too?

Also people tend to state "she has to get by lindsay first" or whatever, but really lindsay is no threat to serena, she played at a very high level in paris last week, from what the final showed, if she is still serving this well...74% no one in this tournie has a chance in hell. She beat lindsay in straight sets at the usopen, and lindsay was up in that set due to errors by serena, and some great playing by her, but serena raised the level of her game dramatically and just won 5 straight games. Anyway what do you think Serena vs. Kim outcome will be (if it happens)?

If it happens, Serena d. Kim 6-3 6-2

Bigkimfan
Feb 24th, 2003, 08:33 PM
Well, Kim wasn't 'on her game' in Antwerp, Venus was...;) Kim has a chance against Serena, she already proved that;)

england_rules
Feb 24th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Should be a better match then the one between Venus and Clijsters altough I think Clijsters may still be thinking ofher loss to Serena at the Oz Open!
My prediction: Serena-Clijsters 6-3, 4-6, 6-3

Hawk
Feb 24th, 2003, 10:05 PM
There actually is a Serena/Kim thread..It just fell to the second page.

Anyhoo I hope Kim can win..but it's not too likely. What england_rules predicted is probably gonna be close to the score I imagine.

SerenaSlam
Feb 24th, 2003, 10:40 PM
i just don't see that you all...i know kim is a good player, but what gets me is, when 1 player is on there game, and when 1 player isn't. the player that lost "isn't the 1 that was off" i really feel kim was playing no differently than what she played before and at the australian. but these are my opinions and you alls opinions, i see this match not going to 3 sets at all, and ofcourse serena the winner .

o0O0o
Feb 25th, 2003, 12:48 AM
God, Williams fans are RETARDED half the time I see them post. They're merely stupid the other 2/3 of the time.

Anyway, as far as Clijsters vs. Serena, their games clearly don't compliment eachother, as they have hideous match-ups every single time. Both girls played like crap in Australia and at the Chase Championships. I mean the fact that Kim had a match point in both matches when in a total of five sets she hit less than 20 winners is ridiculous. That shows how poorly Serena was playing, making the errors. And the fact that one of the strongest girls on tour can only manage 4 winners per set shows how crappy Clijsters was playing.

And in Belgium, Venus played the match of her life. Clijsters didn't get a chance to play. You can't expect that every single match.

SerenaSlam
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:07 AM
venus played the match of her life? you have got to be kidding me, venus played well enough to beat clijsters, venus played like she played against Serena at the australian open, personally it was a great match, just that last game, venus chocked up a bit, and the match was over. venus didn't play the match of her life, venus played the match, she played the way she was playing the entire week, you can have your opinoins on me being "retarded" but that is your opinoin, im not "retarded or immature" so i think i won't come back and bust up so clits on u aight? im bout that really i am, but i's not gonna start sum chit!

GoGoMaggie
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:12 AM
I would say Kim's chance is better than at the aussie open. she almost got Serena there and this time she will make most of the lesson she leanrt there. I would say if the final match up happened, Kim would win in threeu.....maybe three.

Cybelle Darkholme
Feb 25th, 2003, 03:00 AM
You Kim fans are so freaking condescending! Its unbelievable! The arrogance just drips from your posts like rotgut. Kim and Serena have played some killer matches:

The 99 us open match was great! I guess that one doesnt count huh?

The final of tokyo was fantastic and the 2000 indian wells was fun as well.

also kim didn't have many winners in the aussie match BECAUSE SHE WAS PLAYING DEFENSIVELY. Of course maybe you watch tennis with blinders on. Her game plan was to get everything back and wait for serena to make a mistake. Well for awhile it worked because serena was off her game but when Serena up the ante kim fell apart.

a champion knows how to close out critical games and matches. a champion wins despite all odds and overcomes her faults. Thats why serena won. A lesser player would have given up or gotten so mentally disgusted she would have self destructed.

maybe you need a refresher:
Match Summary

Williams(USA) Clijsters(BEL)

1st Serve % 45 of 90 = 50 % 80 of 114 = 70 %

Aces 6 0

Double Faults 3 4

Unforced Errors 65 33

Winning % on 1st Serve 32 of 45 = 71 % 42 of 80 = 53 %

Winning % on 2nd Serve 17 of 45 = 38 % 17 of 34 = 50 %

Winners (Including Service) 42 14

Break Point Conversions 7 of 13 = 54 % 5 of 7 = 71 %

Net Approaches 20 of 30 = 67 % 4 of 7 = 57 %

Total Points Won 104 100

Fastest Serve 188 km/h 180 km/h

Average 1st Serve Speed 165 km/h 154 km/h

Average 2nd Serve Speed 130 km/h 135 km/h

Serena had more errors more winners more net approaches... she was dictating this match she played aggressive and she self destructed with high unforced errors (65!)

Kim didn't change her strategy when she needed to and serena made her pay.

daniilidou
Feb 25th, 2003, 03:20 AM
for serena fans.... even though she is playing at an exceptionally high level, it is rash to start boldly predicting the winner. Guys, she still has inconsistencies.... she is not going to play at a high level every game.:worship:

SerenaSlam
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:25 AM
but that is the thing about it "dannilidou" even when venus or serena have there "inconsistencies" they still win the matches...i.e serena vs. kim australian. they don't have to be perfect to win, but they way Serena is playing right now, perfect is a sure bet, imperfect is a sure bet.

Hawk
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:26 AM
There is honestly no point in discussing this because both fan bases get upset and argue pointlessly.

I think i'm yet to see any thread that involves either Venus or Serena against Kim that doesn't end up with insults being thrown both ways.

joao
Feb 25th, 2003, 05:08 AM
You can NOT compare a Venus vs Clijsters match-up and a Serena vs Clijsters match-up!

Player A can do well against B and bad against C even though C is doing bad against B ...

Some players just don't bring their best against others... in 2001 Capriati was beating the sh!t out of Serena even though Capriati has never defeated Venus ...

So please don't say : if Venus beat Clijsters in Antwerp then Serena will beat Kim in Scottsdale because Serena is playing better than Venus! That's bullsh!t and definitely not the good reason!

Having said that, Kim has no chance against Serena whatsoever in Scottsdale! :)

GoGoMaggie
Feb 25th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Kim does has a chance if not a big one. She did prove she could beat Serena in the year end championships. Srena wasn't at her best?? Who cares?? A win is a win and stop talking bullshit and accept whatever happened as it did. Given a not-100% Serena is beatable for Kim and there is a good possibility that Serena may not play her best, why not no chance for Kim? I'm not a Kim fan but I see no reason we have to rule out even the slightest chance of Kim's beating Serena. Kim has nothing to lose against Serena so the pressure should be on Serena. Of course both of them played 100% (it will never happen), Serena would win because she's the better player overrall. But let's hope there are tennis matches even Serena can lose. that should make the game more interesting and unpredictable.

power26
Feb 25th, 2003, 09:15 AM
Kim is still no match against Serena. Just see the records, guys.....

per4ever
Feb 25th, 2003, 09:21 AM
Think I'll have a good laugh if Kim wins this. But I'm sure the Serena-fans will find a good excuse then :)

irma
Feb 25th, 2003, 09:42 AM
don't they first have to make the final?

Maajken
Feb 25th, 2003, 09:54 AM
no irma, dont you know...the two top seeds get a place in the final before they even have to play ;)

~|Naomi|~
Feb 25th, 2003, 10:39 AM
hmm Kim hasn''y actually made the final yet and neither has williams:rolleyes:

Volcana
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:58 AM
If Serena is playing well, obviously she's going to win the tournament. She's the best player inthe world. She's got 3000 more ranking points than anyone else in this tournament. She's got all four GS trophies. Better, faster, stronger, yada yada yada

That was really boring.

So let's think about it in terms of Serena NOT playing well. She doesn't play well all the time. And certainly if Lindsay plays well and Serena doesn't, Lindsay could beat her. (Well, if Serena doesn't play well, and Lindsay doesn't feed her pace.) And of course, we've seen Kim beat Serena in the last half year.

spartanfan
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:53 PM
Well I think a big difference will be that Serena is playing with a lot less stress than she was at the AO. Could one imagine the pressure of trying to win your 4 straight GS?? When I watched Serena a couple of weeks ago play Mauresmo in Paris there was a certain tranquility and focus on Serena's face that I had not seen in quite a while. Serena played very focused and controled and never displayed any signs of frustration or stress in the finals, she played it as if it were a first or second round match. I expect more of the same from Serena. Her place in history is secure.

Serendy Willick
Feb 25th, 2003, 02:58 PM
I think that this thread couldve waited till the finals. No persons place in the tournement final is secure. With this being said, I am not too thrilled that Serena had to see the trainer. She may not be playing her best (Niether could Kim) Plus, this is Meg Shaugnesseys home tornement and she could definatley make some noise.

Brαm
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by cybelledarkholmexx
You Kim fans are so freaking condescending! Its unbelievable! The arrogance just drips from your posts like rotgut. Kim and Serena have played some killer matches

Don't generalize! Oh and who were you talking about anyway? :confused:

SerenaSlam
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:13 PM
the pressure of what serena had at the australian was what the difference was, also she has the doubles. but really serena had a hell of pressure b/c of the Serena Slam, but she showed, okay, they want me to step it up, she did, 5-1 down serena picked her game up incredibly, and that also showed for you kim fans, that if serena is playing at that level when she picked her game up, the "defense only plan" that kim played in that entire match, doesn't work against serena. the pressure is off, and "if" the final happens, (i say "if" b/c im really not sure if kim will get there, but its a given for serena) serena should cruz! kim has nothing on her or venus right now!

Serendy Willick
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:37 PM
No it is not a given Serena still has to get by a certain Lindsay Davenport first. Geez

SerenaSlam
Feb 25th, 2003, 05:05 PM
lindsay davenport? she has game, but is her game here? i mean to loose to clijsters in straight sets at sydney? come on! if that was serena she was playing and playing like that serena would've took her out 0-0! lindsay has game, but not the game to beat serena, thus why she has only beaten her 2 times out of the 10 they have played!

Hawk
Feb 25th, 2003, 05:12 PM
SerenaSlam I think you've made your point. You don't think that Kim has a chance of beating Serena and you think Kim has nothing on Serena or Venus...that's fine, that's your opinion and I'm not gonna argue that with you..but why do you keep repeating it over and over again? :confused:

Serendy Willick
Feb 25th, 2003, 05:12 PM
I dont care if Kim beat her 0-0 Davenport is not some type of qualifier, she is a seasoned veteran who knows the game. Serena shouldnt just go in there expecting an easy victory. I dont care if Serena has won the last 20 tournements she has played, she still has to win 5 matches to win this championship and everyone has a fair chance until the first ball is struck.

tennnisfannn
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:07 AM
About the AO, both Kim and Serena were under enormous pressure.
Kim because everyone was telling her she had the game to beat/stop the williams. She was on a winning steak and had just beaten serena at the end of the year(hopman cup aside). She kept up with serena for two sets and a bit. When she had it on a racquet to do it, she crumbled.
Serena's pressure was the slam, match against Loit tells the entire story.
Both girls seem to match up quite well, size wise, both move beautifully etc.
What made the difference for both girls in the end was experience. Serena has been on a big stage and won before and that helped her to steel her nerves and change her game plan. At 5/1 up if Kim had only toughed it out FOR JUST ONE MORE GAME this would have been a very different story. At the same this does not mean kim would have beaten venus, venus too enjoys a challenge and can rise ot it. Except against serena, there aren't too many players venus looses two twice in a row.
Scottsdale, if both girls make it the finals which is a sure bet would be very interesting. Kim will be out to avenge her loss coz she surely must feel robbed (as do her fans), Serena will want to prove that her win over kim at the ao was no fluke.
I would like to see serena win but her defense record of titles ain't too impressive, kim might just grab this one.

GoGoMaggie
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:29 AM
I think Kim will win the tourney beating Serena in the final and from there on, Kim will beat Serena every time they face off n Kim will end the year as no. 1. Kim is for sure more talented than Serena or Venus. She's just inexperienced at the moment. But she has a way bigger potential than Serena and thus she will sooner or later take over as no.1 Serena's reign is closing to an end.

Experimentee
Feb 26th, 2003, 12:09 PM
I dont get why people keep bringing up Serenas title defense record and say thats why she wont win. She hasnt defended many titles because most of the time she doesnt play the same tournaments the next year, because of injury of change of schedule.

tfannis
Feb 26th, 2003, 12:15 PM
Urgh...this is a ridiculous thread...real stupid....They haven't played a match yet...they can lose, they can get injured...it's really arrogant to start talking about this match up when it isn't even in sight yet :(

leslie
Feb 26th, 2003, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by gogomaggie
I think Kim will win the tourney beating Serena in the final and from there on, Kim will beat Serena every time they face off n Kim will end the year as no. 1. Kim is for sure more talented than Serena or Venus. She's just inexperienced at the moment. But she has a way bigger potential than Serena and thus she will sooner or later take over as no.1 Serena's reign is closing to an end.

Your post is so funny. I can't stop laughing.

GoGoMaggie
Feb 26th, 2003, 01:01 PM
Oh well...that post of mine was not meant to be laughed at..
I seriously think Kim is the more talented one of the two. I dont think Kim's been playing as seriously and focused as she can against Serena so far. She's so kind that she always lets Serena win. Couldnt you see it from their last meeting down under?? Kim didnt collapse under the pressure. She deliberately gave away the match. She knew the more losses she had to Serena, the bigger hype and attention she would get when she beat Serena big time. I'm sure she thought that wasnt the time and decided to wait a while longer... She obviously made the right n smart decision. She went on to lose to Venus rather easily and that was of course another deliberate loss. What a clown, entertaner Kim is!!! well...knowing Kim as such, I'm not sure if she's going to make it happen now...well it's very likely that she gives another one to Serena and waits for the best of the best time to arrive.. So, having said that Kim is the better player, I would not be surprised in the slightest if she lost to Serena again. I'm gussing she will step it up either at the French or Wimby... Let's see.... hehe... She gotta be an amazingly talented script writer.... oh poor Serena......

Brαm
Feb 26th, 2003, 01:06 PM
gogomaggie :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You need some sleep!!!

Serendy Willick
Feb 26th, 2003, 02:02 PM
I think Serena and Venus will continue to beat down Kim for the entire year and even if Kim somehow gets to number one she will have only gotten there because Venus and Serena didnt play enough tournements. Kim is already 0-2 against the Williams including a stomping by Big sis in her HOMETOWN indoor tournement. Go Willlis

;) ;) ;)

fleemke³
Feb 26th, 2003, 02:40 PM
I'll make my prediction IF the girls get into the final :p Kim was playing well in Antwerp but thats morethan a week ago ;)

See you later ... maybe :D

Havok
Feb 26th, 2003, 03:04 PM
well my prediction is that Serena will get into the finals, but Kim won't. i dunno why but i kinda have a hunch that Jelena Dokic will get into the finals. now i'm not saying thius because Dokic is my fav polayer, but i really do think that she's had enough with her bad performance early on in 2003 and she's gonna pick up her game. she'll most likely meet Kim in the semi's and Dokic has the game to beat Clijsters. they have always had tough, close matches. they were never a clean sweep for both of them because they know eachother's games sooo well because they played juniors together and played eachother oftne. just a little hunch, but if Dokic does get into the finals against Williams, i think Dokic will push her to 3 sets. now i might sound crazy, and you can tell me so, but it's just a feeling i have

Serendy Willick
Feb 26th, 2003, 03:57 PM
Well Naldo, I certainly see your point. Anything can happen. Thanx to this knee injury news on Serena, I'm not even sure about her chances to get to the final. The last time Serena had this type of injury, was LA and she lost to Rubin (no excuse though, because Rubin played her ass off and Rena had just beaten Dechy easily the day before)

Brαm
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Luci
Kim is already 0-2 against the Williams including a stomping by Big sis in her HOMETOWN indoor tournement.

Wow! Venus won a tournament in Bree?? :eek:
How come nobody told me there was one? :(

Serendy Willick
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:26 PM
Okay, I ment to say Homecountry, SORRY

Hawk
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Serena has a knee injury :confused: I didn't hear about that

Serendy Willick
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:44 PM
Yea, thats what her and Richard said. They said its knee pain and its not serious, hell I'm still worried.

leslie
Feb 26th, 2003, 07:32 PM
Oh well...that post of mine was not meant to be laughed at..
I seriously think Kim is the more talented one of the two. I dont think Kim's been playing as seriously and focused as she can against Serena so far. She's so kind that she always lets Serena win. Couldnt you see it from their last meeting down under?? Kim didnt collapse under the pressure. She deliberately gave away the match. She knew the more losses she had to Serena, the bigger hype and attention she would get when she beat Serena big time. I'm sure she thought that wasnt the time and decided to wait a while longer... She obviously made the right n smart decision. She went on to lose to Venus rather easily and that was of course another deliberate loss. What a clown, entertaner Kim is!!! well...knowing Kim as such, I'm not sure if she's going to make it happen now...well it's very likely that she gives another one to Serena and waits for the best of the best time to arrive.. So, having said that Kim is the better player, I would not be surprised in the slightest if she lost to Serena again. I'm gussing she will step it up either at the French or Wimby... Let's see.... hehe... She gotta be an amazingly talented script writer.... oh poor Serena......

Please, please tell me your post is not serious. You are wack big time.

VRULES
Feb 26th, 2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by o0O0o

A-
God, Williams fans are RETARDED half the time I see them post. They're merely stupid the other 2/3 of the time.

B-
And in Belgium, Venus played the match of her life. Clijsters didn't get a chance to play. You can't expect that every single match.

Obviously no one taught you math. 1/2 plus 2/3 equals 7/6 or 1.166. Not all fans are like this one.
I don't thik Clijsters stayed the same in the third set of the AO SF. I think she went back then Rena moved forward. If Clijsters had stayed the same she would have won. IMO

Venus did not play the match of her life at Antwerp. She wasn't playing exceptionally well. SHe played the way she did in the BOTW final. Clijsters wasn'T on, it just seemed Venus was more pumped up and being more aggressive than she has been the last year. If Venus played the match of her life against Clijsters that day (Clijsters at the same level) the score would have been more like 6-1 6-2 or like 6-2 6-0, she wasn't any where near that at this years final. I think Kim wasn't at her best but she wasn't bad either.

Serena y Monica
Feb 26th, 2003, 08:57 PM
As a matter of fact Luci the last time Serena played Davenport thinking she had been invited to a cake walk...she left crying. Same thing could happen again be it Lindsay of Kim...if Serena or anyone else for that matter was unbeatable there'd be no point in staging a tournament.

Serendy Willick
Feb 26th, 2003, 09:18 PM
Great point Serena y Monica. Btw, was that the USOpen 2000 match? Lindsay just played unbelievable that day. I was so sad for Serena, but Rena got her back big time at Indian Waste 2001.

jpurkey1
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:02 PM
I'm a HUGE Lindsay fan, so I really hope she wins. Objectively, I think she can. She has the 'game' and the experience to beat anyone on tour, and I really think she had a breakthrough in her last match. She was up a set point against Monica, then lost the set. Another vintage 'new lindsay' moment, I was sad to see. BUT--she won the next sets 6-1, 6-2 and her first championship in over a year! I think she's got to be feeling good now. Her fitness is better than ever, and she's FINALLY overcome the problem with closing out matches. I think she could win this whole thing.

SerenaSlam
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:28 PM
i think lindasy really has it going to her, but w/ serena in the draw, should they meet, i don't think she has a chance in hell. really, serena is playing great tennis, like i said before, she played at "another level" in paris against Amelie. I mean this was even better than 2002. Really she served beautifully. And we have always seen her low errors counts, but also the winners tend to only be around 20, but against amelie the winners were i believe 30's. Plus the 11 aces. If she keeps this up, lindsay or kim have no chance. and i didn't think lindsay had a chance the way serena was playing at the usopen, so too me, w/ serena really playing well, serena is going to have to compeltely off like she was against clijsters, and maybe lindsay will beat her 7-6 in the third!

GoGoMaggie
Feb 27th, 2003, 01:03 AM
SerenaSlam....Do you know tennis?? I seriously doubt it hehe.
I think you are an expert in statistics and therefore obesessed with the numbers.
anyhooo, I think Lindsay has about 40/60 chance against Serena. Lindsay is as good a player as Serena. If it wasn't for Lindsay, someone else for sure would take out Serena somewhere down the road. Serena is very beatable and that's a matter of fact thing. I dont know where the heck you got the idea that Kim and Lindsay have no chance at all against Serena. That's simply not true and a laughable argument if you ask me. Cuz they are without a doubt in the same league...well I would put Kim above the other two possibly. Kim is definitely the future queen of the sport. She's the most talented in generations. If she had started a few years earlier, there would have been no Willams domination cuz it would have been Kim that would ve bored those who are complaing about the sisters' domination.
Like I said earlier, Kim is just acting and has lost quite a few matches on purpose cuz she wants to maxmize the hype she can get when she makes her breakthrough. When she really pulls her ass together and gets serious, Serena will be no match and everytime they meet, Kim will whip her at great ease. In pre much every department of the game, Kim is better and for sure a more complete player. It's a matter of her getting down to business. I dont see it happening in this tornament as Kim seems waiting a bit longer. She could make the best clown history has ever seen...... watch out for the clown, ppl!!!

GoGoMaggie
Feb 27th, 2003, 01:05 AM
Well said gogomaggie!!!! I couldn't agree with you more!!!!

LeonHart
Feb 27th, 2003, 02:18 AM
Well said gogomaggie!!!! I couldn't agree with you more!!!!

I'll second that! ;) :wavey:

Aussie_Kim
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by VRULES

Venus did not play the match of her life at Antwerp. She wasn't playing exceptionally well. SHe played the way she did in the BOTW final. Clijsters wasn'T on, it just seemed Venus was more pumped up and being more aggressive than she has been the last year. If Venus played the match of her life against Clijsters that day (Clijsters at the same level) the score would have been more like 6-1 6-2 or like 6-2 6-0, she wasn't any where near that at this years final. I think Kim wasn't at her best but she wasn't bad either.

People seem 2 b forgetting that Kim was really sick the week of Antwerp & if it hadn't been her home tourny she probably would have withdrawn.

At 1 stage it looked like she would. For sum1 who was up all nite vomiting she still got through a tough semi & made it 2 the final.

Lastly anything can happen in tennis, that's why its such an exciting game. The game isn't won till its over.

Being a Kim fan I'd love her to win but I can't b sure at the moment. Howeva it will definetly b a close game, Aus Open style 3 sets I think!

SerenaSlam
Feb 27th, 2003, 04:52 AM
i see what you are saying, but like i said before, aussie open, was nothing but pressure for serena, at the open gaz de france, if you didn't see the match serena vs. mauresmo, really you wouldn't see the "BIG" difference. Serena was very clam, relaxed, and she looked like the serena we'd known to see. she looked as if she had already won and it was a matter of time before she was off the court. this is the presense serena had now, and i think she is going to carry it w/ her the rest of the year. we will see it hear, and the only way i see a serena vs. kim 3 setter, is if serena is making errors, and lets kim in the match just like aussie. but another points, serena along w/ venus learn from their mistakes.

SerenaSlam
Feb 27th, 2003, 05:01 AM
SerenaSlam....Do you know tennis?? I seriously doubt it hehe.
I think you are an expert in statistics and therefore obesessed with the numbers.
anyhooo, I think Lindsay has about 40/60 chance against Serena. Lindsay is as good a player as Serena. If it wasn't for Lindsay, someone else for sure would take out Serena somewhere down the road. Serena is very beatable and that's a matter of fact thing. I dont know where the heck you got the idea that Kim and Lindsay have no chance at all against Serena. That's simply not true and a laughable argument if you ask me. Cuz they are without a doubt in the same league...well I would put Kim above the other two possibly. Kim is definitely the future queen of the sport. She's the most talented in generations. If she had started a few years earlier, there would have been no Willams domination cuz it would have been Kim that would ve bored those who are complaing about the sisters' domination.
Like I said earlier, Kim is just acting and has lost quite a few matches on purpose cuz she wants to maxmize the hype she can get when she makes her breakthrough. When she really pulls her ass together and gets serious, Serena will be no match and everytime they meet, Kim will whip her at great ease. In pre much every department of the game, Kim is better and for sure a more complete player. It's a matter of her getting down to business. I dont see it happening in this tornament as Kim seems waiting a bit longer. She could make the best clown history has ever seen...... watch out for the clown, ppl!!!

do u n know tenins.....so what you are saying is, kim has the talent to beat venus or serena, (oh along w/ lindsay to beat them), she has the weapons to take out serena and everything? can you tell me this, what is the difference between kim clijsters and martina hingis beiseds the points she is quicker and has a little more power? that is basically what Kim Clijsters is to serena. She CAN'T hit any that many winners against serena (15 max in a match), and the "DEFENSE MODE SHE ALWAYS PLAYS IN AGAINST THEM" doesn't work against the power players. It's been said over and over again, you have to be able to dictate the points against venus and serena, that is something lindsay can do, but just getting the balls back in play (the only thing clijsters does, just like she did at the aussie) isn't going to cut it! You have to be able to be the 1 forcing the action, you can't rely on errors from the sisters every match! it ain't gonna work!

LeonHart
Mar 4th, 2003, 05:44 AM
LoL @ SerenaSlam's reputation. It explains alot :)