7-Emilie Loit vs. Joannette Kruger
Qualifier vs. Marta Marrero
Qualfiier vs. Petra Mandula
Fabiola Zuluaga vs. 4-Katarina Srebotnik

6-Tina Pisnik vs. Patricia Wartusch
Qualifier vs. Flavia Pennetta
Klara Koukalova vs. wc-Melissa Torres
Bye vs. 2-Amanda Coetzer

As expected not too tough in the early rounds :) Her biggest test in her early matches will be to adjust to the slow surface from the fast one she played on last week - if she does that successfully she should at least make the semis and hopefully more :D

Come on Amanda!!! Keep the good form up :bounce:

Zamboni
Feb 24th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Looks like a good draw, but I'll say the same as last week: with Amanda, you never know!

Robbie.
Feb 25th, 2003, 07:37 AM
True Linda :p...one match at a time :) hehe

Klara won so I guess Amanda will be playing her on Wednesday as she is not on the schedule tommorrow

Zamboni
Feb 25th, 2003, 09:30 AM
I also saw Klara won :) *feels proud* ;)

Good luck Amanda :bounce:

Robbie.
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:05 AM
Well Amanda is not on Wednesdays schedule so she must be playing Thursday :P At least she had quite a long rest after the final :)

butch
Feb 26th, 2003, 06:10 PM
Go Amanda. Hi Rob and Linda!!

Zamboni
Mar 1st, 2003, 06:52 PM
Amanda is in the semis now :)

If I remember well, she plays Emilie Loit now, but I'm not sure about that :o

Good luck Amanda :bounce:

Aphrodite
Mar 2nd, 2003, 03:37 AM
Amanda is in the finals
she won 6-3 6-4
I watched the match at 6:30 costa rican time as i am currently in costa rica
Amanda played a solid match, its wierd she doesn't need to run as much anymore
her groundies are quite impressive, at certain points of the match she really pounded the ball in the angles, really really hard, her serve seems to have improved, it needs more work but its better then i have seen it in a while, by the way Amanda had 2 or 3 aces in the match, all of them on key points one on a break point for loit and one on einning her first set on setpoint:)
Loit certaintly gave a lot of unforced errors but she really hit the ball flat and hard and mixed it up with a lot of dropshots, volleys, and lobs.
What was wierd was that Amanda had very few moonbals in the match, loit had many more
I also remember the point where Loit hit a really hard ball straight at Amanda's feet when amanda was off balance and Amanda returned it right over loit's head who was near the baseline, however the ball was right on the baseline, anyway loit returned it but amanda through a really hard smash that was untraceable, at one point in the set with loit leading she hit an amazing dropshot but Amanda ran it down and made a beautiful winner out of it and at 4-4 in the second 15-15
or something like that, Amanda hit a really hard ball on the right angle and loit returned it and then amanda hit an amazing down the line shot, she really thinks out there, and as far as I can tell she has improved:kiss:
She will surely make a solid top 15 finish this year, she is playing a great ball:)
She should beat mariana easily in two tommorow:)
my prediction 6-3 6-1:)
she is too good for what mariana is doing
but with Amanda u never know, she should have beat lisa easily last week but lost easily, hopefully this will be a different story and she can win her 9th title:) in her second straight final:)
also look for a solid performance at indian wells and miami
she is better then anyone under #12, and she will get there soon:)
anyway she is #18 now and a possible #17 i think if she wins, but we will see tomorow:)

Robbie.
Mar 2nd, 2003, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the match report Maria :) Go Amanda!!!! :bounce:

butch
Mar 2nd, 2003, 11:40 AM
I also watched Amanda's match (ESPN is broadcasting it here in South Africa). Amanda look slow, especially in that first set. She wasn't moving well at all, I thought she was injured. Loit hit some glorious forehand winners, but made just as many unforced errors off her erratic backhand. That backhand helped Amanda out on a couple of occasions. Amanda hit her backhand very well all day. She hit some glorious winner off that wing :bounce: . The backhand off that dropshot that Aphrodite spoke about was really stunning - it reminded me of the backhand she hit vs Venus in the 2001 Aus Open QF, that went straight at Venus and nearly took her head off. It was kind of weird that most of Amanda's winning backhands were played when she had game or break point. She smashed well too, and I am hopeful for tonight. I think yesterday was Amanda's "off" day of the week - she ought to be at her best tonight. GO AMANDA :)

Zamboni
Mar 2nd, 2003, 01:32 PM
lol 2 quite different reports imo ;) But anyway she won, and she seems to have played well, so I'm :D ;)

btw, did you notice that acapulco has the mens final on saturday, with the womens semis, and the womens final on sunday?? Usually it's the other way around! I like this tourney! ;) :p

Zamboni
Mar 2nd, 2003, 01:34 PM
Good luck Amanda!!!