PDA

View Full Version : Tv Coverage, Australia

dhantuchova
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:42 AM
Hi! Does anyone know if this event will be shown on ESPN in America (which should mean it should be on ESPN here in Australia).

Does anyone have any information?

ThankZ!:)

auah5
Feb 24th, 2003, 07:31 AM
Just check out your Foxtel schedule book...
and you look up... if it is there so it would be there..

Gowza
Feb 24th, 2003, 07:40 AM
they seem to have both pacific life and nasdaq-100 on sports 1 and sports 2 but not espn. but it doesn't say whether they will show wta or atp. hopefully wta.

dhantuchova
Feb 24th, 2003, 11:19 AM
COOL!!!! Hopefully we can see a bit of Daniela on there hehee. Anyway I checked thru the espn listings on the foxtel site and didnt see anything.

I know the Mexican open final is on ESPN live, plus live games every afternoon this week.

I still haven't received my latest foxtel book, so thats why I asked the question.

Here's to a good competition,

ps- is serena and venus both entering or just one?

Mattographer
Feb 24th, 2003, 11:32 AM
No, it's the ATP coverage :rolleyes:

dhantuchova
Feb 24th, 2003, 02:11 PM
Ah, no good. Maybe we can see some snippets then.
I'll have to go back to the good old Eurosport live commentary link.

Thanks all

monster
Feb 24th, 2003, 08:46 PM
I have spoken to FoXTEL about TV coverage of WTA evebts (last year they showed Tier 1 and some tier 2 events).

They habve not bought the rights this year as 'womens tennis didn't rate...) what a joke.

I was very disappointed. WHo knowds maybe they will buy single events later in the year...

dhantuchova
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:36 PM
Least you got in contact with them. Get it up them!! hehe.
Anyway, hopefully we can see a few games on tv if they get around to it.

Maybe we have a better chance on ESPN.
I have a link to live eurosport tv on the net if anyone wants it. It takes screen shots every 30 seconds or so, better than nothing!!!

I also got a reply from eurosport when I asked if they're going to bring their service to Australia. They said "There are plans to launch Eurosportnews in the future, but no plans to do so with Eurosport at present."

Lets hope,
Thanks!

JCAPfan
Feb 25th, 2003, 09:26 PM
Very disappointed indeed!!! :sad:

We have both IW and Miami WTA coverage (from Semis onwards) on Foxtel last year.... but this year............... :mad:

Chance
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:15 AM
I wrote them an email about the lack of coverage of womens tennis ..this is their reply

Thank you for taking the time to write to us. The WTA events will be shared between FOX SPORTS and ESPN. The majority will be on ESPN.

Kind regards
FOX SPORTS Marketing

Seles2002
Feb 26th, 2003, 09:32 AM
My uncle is the HEAD OF FOXSPORTS AUSTRALIA and I always tell him to put more Woman's Tennis on but he reckons that the Grand Slams are enough and that Women's Golf rates very well.....dunno why though....

auah5
Feb 27th, 2003, 12:36 PM
hmm... nice effort though, seles2002..
hmm.. =(
hope there always be wta tour cover up everyday on foxtel..
just a dream though!