PDA

View Full Version : Mauresmo's promise

tennisIlove09
Feb 22nd, 2003, 09:26 PM
Mauresmo's promise
Febuary 22 2003
By By A Sports Reporter
Gulf-News

Defending champion Amelie Mauresmo flew out of Dubai last night with a promise to make a return for next year's tournament.

The Frenchwoman, who was forced to retire with a worrying abductor muscle in her semifinal against Monica Seles midway through the second set, said she hoped to return for next year's tournament. "Of course, I will come back here for the third time next year," Mauresmo promised.

"This (the injury) is not a problem with Dubai. It's about my ability to take physical strain. I'll see if I can go and do some shopping now and get some good deals," the sixth ranked WTA player said.

Mauresmo will fly back straight to Paris, where she is scheduled to meet her doctor and get an opinion on her abductor strain.

Mauresmo has had a miserable run so far this year after being sidelined for four months with a cartilage inflammation of the right knee since mid-October last year. The first event she played two weeks ago was on home soil in Paris Indoors where she fell to Venus Williams in the final.

"It's a miracle, it's unbelievable that my knee has been able to take in so much strain," Mauresmo said.

Linnie
Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the article! :D

(Got the wrong Williams, though :( )

galadriel
Feb 24th, 2003, 11:53 AM
Thanks a lot :D

Sonja
Feb 24th, 2003, 02:51 PM
Thanks for sharing this tennisIlove09