PDA

View Full Version : Nancy Loeffler-Caro

Tennisfan-Mtl
Feb 22nd, 2003, 07:08 PM
Who is she ? I just looked her progression on the tour and she must be the player who has been bageled the most since tennis exists...

Any info on her would be appreciated :)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 22nd, 2003, 07:25 PM
OMG! She is the most beloved player on tour! I'm in a hurry right now and can't explain, but I'm sure one of the other fans of "the bagel girls" will explain it to you ;)

Tennisfan-Mtl
Feb 22nd, 2003, 07:29 PM
Anyone has a picture of her ?

Jordan.
Feb 22nd, 2003, 07:44 PM
She's a very talented player :)

Tennisfan-Mtl
Feb 22nd, 2003, 07:49 PM
Please...Be serious people ;)

matthias
Feb 22nd, 2003, 07:53 PM
Nancy is the best,
she is playing tennis because she love it
and not just to get money or a high ranking
and it isn´t a shame to lose 0:6 0:6
fun on court is more important then the score
Tennis is just a game

matthias
Feb 22nd, 2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Tennisfan-Mtl
Please...Be serious people ;)

we are serious

i think nancy is a better idol for the kids then few Top100 players.

Jordan.
Feb 22nd, 2003, 07:59 PM
Does she make too many UE? Does she not get her racquet on the ball? How does she lose so easily? :)

matthias
Feb 22nd, 2003, 08:02 PM
she is more then 40yrs old!
and she isn´t so bad
she already won 2 matches in her career
and she has the spirit, and this is the most important!

Go Nancy - keep the spirit :D

Jordan.
Feb 22nd, 2003, 08:07 PM
:D

BritBoy
Feb 22nd, 2003, 08:31 PM
Nancy kicks ass! :worship:

Scotso
Feb 22nd, 2003, 10:51 PM
GO NANCY! :D

Pdm1987
Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:30 PM
This makes me laugh;

Miami ($10k - FL,USA - no points) Jan 26 03
Qual 1 Alanna Broderick - Loeffler-Caro 6-0 6-0

Boca Raton ($10k - FL,USA - no points) Jan 19 03
Qual 1 Veronica Queen-WC - Loeffler-Caro 6-2 6-0

Tallahassee ($10k - FL,USA - no points) Jan 12 03
Qual 2 Xenia Uy - Loeffler-Caro(16) 6-0 6-0
Qual 1 Loeffler-Caro(16) bye

Hallandale Beach ($25k - FL,USA - 0.25 point) Oct 13 02
Qual 1 Stephanie Schaer(6) - Loeffler-Caro 6-0 6-0

Winter Park ($10k - FL,USA - no points) Oct 6 02
Qual 2 Alanna Broderick - Loeffler-Caro(9) 6-0 6-0
Qual 1 Loeffler-Caro(9) bye

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:30 PM
Nancy plays for the love of the game. She believes in herself and knows that she can do better with every match.

Her attitude is extremely inspiring if you ever get the chance to meet her. She's a special lady. :)

Also look out for Dewonder Davis and Amy Dillingham. They are 2 other bagel girls who play a few events right now. They are the same as Nancy in that they lose most of their matchs 6-0, 6-0.

I have never met Amy, but Dewonder is an awesome girl too. She and Nancy both have an attitude that I would love to have and many other tennis players should have too.

Tennisfan-Mtl
Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:02 AM
But how can they even have a ranking if they play so badly ???

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:17 AM
If you lose first round of $25K and higher you get points. Many times not enough players show up (like in Scottsdale) and you get direct entry and earn a point.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:45 AM
Hey guys I watched Nancy lose today 0 & 0 to Foretz. Honestly, Nancy must have won about 15 points, she did not have a single winner. The closest she came to winning a game was 30-30 in the first game when Foretz overhit two returns. Her backhand is absolutely hilarious, she does not swing at the ball, she punches it. I can't count how many of her shots flew to the back of the court. Foretz was not being aggressive at all, just gettin the ball back pretty much.

She went on at about the same time as Marissa Irvin, and after Nancy had lost 0 & 0, Marissa was at 4-2 in her first set.

I took a few pics of her too so when I get home this week I'll post them. I love Nancy!!

Lubidani
Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:49 AM
I was at the match, in fact, standing next to zverevazvonareva lol, it was hilarious. Nancy was really bad.. I'd say it was more like 8 points.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 23rd, 2003, 02:05 AM
Nancy is my new hero! I took a lot of pictures of her for all you Canadian fans

MakarovaFan
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:09 AM
Geez,Nancy probably made more money here tha she did most of last year!lol

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:12 AM
Did you talk to her???

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:12 AM
Actually I would imagine that she had a fair amount of money to be able to travel the tour without a prayer of ever winning a match! lol

Really, she is worse than a lot of high school girls tennis players.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:13 AM
But DID YOU TALK TO HER DANIEL??? ;)

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:13 AM
No I didn't get to talk to her..:(:( But I saw Vera so I hurried away after it.

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:14 AM
lol, ok ;)

she is so nice...she will talk forever ;)

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:14 AM
have you spoken to her, joshua? She seemed to be really sweet, I only saw her get visibly upset once in the 9th or10th game

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:15 AM
yes...i had a long and detailed talk with her back in september last year at a $10K

i even got to hit with her :)

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:16 AM
Were you much better than hre? Get on msn for a minute if u can...

bis2806
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:17 AM
what's her WTA ranking???and how on earth did she get a WC even in the qualifying???

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:19 AM
she didn't get a WC , she was directly in, she is 970 or something like that. i'm not sure how she got dirctly in?

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:21 AM
MSN won't load for me tonight :(

of course she was better than me, lol ;)

but i watched her and dewonder play a practice match....dewonder won 6/2 ;)

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:22 AM
What did you talk about? I can't imagine her being better than you tough?? you must sck

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:27 AM
i do ;)

i've got to go to bed but if you type in My Day at Greenville 10K you will get something ;)

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:31 AM
type it in where

novotnaquinton
Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:25 AM
How old is she?!
Is she really over 40?

Leena
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:18 AM
Seriously... how does this Nancy manage to play so much? She hasn't even come close to winning a match in the past 4 years. She may be a nice person... but it's rather discouraging that she takes the place of other players who are obviously better than her... but because she can afford to play, she can? That's bullshit...

Scotso
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:24 AM
She's not taking anyone's place. It's her right to play... what are the rules that you have to be young and promising to play on the tour? Well there goes most of our top 100 :rolleyes:

Leena
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:24 AM
OK... check that... she did win 2 qualifying matches for challengers in '01.

I should seriously try getting into one of these challengers if this is what you play.

Tennisfan-Mtl
Feb 23rd, 2003, 11:23 AM
I want to see more pics of Nancy ;)

I wanna know more about her :D

justinDisco
Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:05 PM
For those people that question her 'right' to play. She did win a match in qualifying at Quebec City 2001( i think). And as someone else mentioned, she didn't take anyone's place-she just happened to be in the right place at the right time. There were about 700-800 more players that were ranked higher than her that could have entered their names like she did, but they didn't.
Now she's going to get a big rankings boost because of it.
Way to go Nancy

Tennisfan-Mtl
Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:09 PM
I guess she just likes to have fun...Getting double-bagled so many times could be very hard for many people' self-esteem but she just doesn't seem to care about it ....I'm just wondering what her opponents think about her play...I don't know if Stéphanie felt like laughing when she played her yesterday...This is so weird ;)

King Aaron
Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:29 PM
Like Josh said she's a very nice lady and she plays for the love anf fun of the game. Nothing wrong with that. :) Go Nancy!

Tennisfan-Mtl
Feb 23rd, 2003, 01:32 PM
It's funny 'cos I didn't think it could be that easy to play events on the main tour..So, basically, anyone who has money and can afford to travel can play ?

;)

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 23rd, 2003, 03:13 PM
Yeah I remember her winning a match in Quebec city...Against her double partner...Foreta or Forbeta something like that...This girl was doing 4 double faluts per game!!! It was hilarious...Actually I was a ball-boy for this match "ashamed"Nancy won 6-2 6-1 i think....They then wnet in the doubles qualifying were they lost 8-0 without winning a SINGLE point!!!

At least she found somebody like her...They were practicing together...well they practice for one day...

Tennisfan-Mtl
Feb 23rd, 2003, 03:18 PM
That is just great :) Keep those stories coming ! I'm having a blast :)

GoDominique
Feb 23rd, 2003, 03:31 PM
cdpoulin1, do you remember how Nancy managed to hold serve several times in that match ? ;)

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 23rd, 2003, 03:46 PM
Karen Fodera quit tennis after Quebec City. At the time, she, Nancy, Becky, and Dewonder went to Quebec and all got in Qualifying.

Becky, Nancy, and Dewonder were well-grounded about the event, but Karen was "enlightened" with the press coverage and fans.

After her loss to Nancy, Karen was extremely upset (not cause she lost to Nancy, but because she lost in a WTA event). The rest of the bagel girls took it as a great opportunity and had fun with it.

Rising Sun
Feb 23rd, 2003, 03:54 PM
Josh, I wonder how the Bagel Girls knew Quebec was going to have such a weak field? :confused:

I finally found a pic of Karen Fodera! :lol

http://www.timesnewsweekly.com/Archives2002/Apr.-Jun.2002/052302/Pics%20052302/FULLSIZE%20ROP%20PICS./031.A.Center.PicBL.gif

She's 2nd from left. ;)

Rising Sun
Feb 23rd, 2003, 03:59 PM
I'm not surprised Karen was "elightened" so easily. ;)

Let's not forget what other things she's been "enlightened" by in the past. :p

Tennisfan-Mtl
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:05 PM
;)

My god ! It's soooo funny !

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 23rd, 2003, 09:35 PM
I think they understood that Quebec has usually had such a weak qualy field that they would get in.

When I met Nancy last year at Greenville 10K, Quebec was going on during the same week. I told her she could have played Quebec again and she said, "I know, I don't know why I didn't try to go up there again." I encouraged Nancy to also enter Tashkent, Stanford, and Hawaii ;) She said she doesn't mind traveling anywhere in the world.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Feb 24th, 2003, 01:59 PM
OMG THAT WOMAN CAN'T BE KAREN FODERA! LOL SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE IS 60! Where did you find this?:p

Good on Nancy for continuing to screw my system and have a ranking without hope of winning a match;) VSFan, when you talked to Nancy, did she say if she thought she had a chance to make a run on the pro tour or if she realized she was the bagel queen and just played for fun. Also, how did Karen react when she lost to Nancy? Dewonder said it was a "trip" so I can imagine it must have been ugly lol

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 24th, 2003, 04:18 PM
Karen was EXTREMELY upset and apparently never recovered from it, as she hasn't played since.....but Karen had lost to her before as well, but this time it was a WTA event.

Nancy truly believes she can win and do good on the tour....I guess that is what I admire about her.....she doesn't let the negatives rule her life, she focuses on the positives.

Rising Sun
Feb 24th, 2003, 04:44 PM
I found the pic here ;)

http://www.timesnewsweekly.com/Archives2002/Apr.-Jun.2002/052302/NewFiles/CENTERFOLD.html

vogus
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:00 AM
"Doesn't mind traveling anywhere in the world, and playing for the love of the game" MY ASS!

Yeah, sounds like a real tough life, traveling around the world kidding herself that she is anything other than a club hacker.

This woman Nancy Loeffler Caro obviously has inherited a shitload of money and has nothing better to do. The next time one of you talks to her why don't you ask her if she has ever done a day of work in her life.

But if the woman has the cash and she insists on playing, i guess nobody can stop her.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:06 AM
Vogus, I think Nancy and the other bagel girls do work. Dewonder Davis works as a cashier and saves up money to go play. She basically works a few months to pay for a few months and then does it again.

However, I'm still confused. If you play as much tennis as these women do, wouldn't your results improve somewhat (say becoming a breadstick girl instead of a bagel girl);)

Tennisfan-Mtl
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:46 AM
Anyone has a picture of Dewonder ???

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 25th, 2003, 05:44 PM
vogus.......why are you so angry?

i have a picture of dewonder, but not a scanner

Experimentee
Feb 26th, 2003, 01:21 PM
I think they must be rich if they can afford to travel to all these tournies without ever winning much prizemoney. How can a cashier earn enough for flight, food, hotel, etc for so many tournaments? They probably did inherit a lot of money.

Randy H
Feb 26th, 2003, 01:39 PM
vogus, Nancy was involved in music prior to taking on tennis on a more full-time basis. She was caught between the two many years back, but decided that she was going to choose music and save tennis for later. Now she is finally able to fulfill that dream. What is wrong with that? I don't think there are too many people that would have the guts to challenge themselves like she has, and decide to dedicate a lot of her time to something that means a lot to her, rather than doing something everyone else thinks she should do. She is doing things how she wants to do them, and win or lose (and regardless of score), she has earned mine, and others' respect for being true to herself and her goals/aspirations in life. I am sure she'd rather be doing this, than sitting at home thinking "what if" and regretting she never gave it a go, or had the chance to look back on the memories of playing wta tournaments. I am sure there are many who would love to be able to do that.

As for travel, Dewonder and Nancy basically travel around the States, and I doubt they fly. They most likely drive when they can. (It's not like they are rushing to the next tournament because they're still playing a final :p).

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 26th, 2003, 06:05 PM
The one time Dewonder flew to an event was Quebec - other than that, she drives her own car (which is old) and stays in cheap hotels.

matthias
Feb 26th, 2003, 07:20 PM
Vogus, you don´t understand the special spirit from Nancy and Dewonder, and so i feel a bit sorry for you!

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 26th, 2003, 07:54 PM
Keep this at the top, I got back my pics and there are about 4 good oens of nancy, I"ll post them when I scan them

paul_masterton
Feb 26th, 2003, 08:07 PM
oh and Nancy was olso a professional badminton player when she was younger. She was pretty good too.

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 27th, 2003, 12:31 AM
Here are the pics I got of Nancy!

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 27th, 2003, 12:32 AM

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 27th, 2003, 12:32 AM

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 27th, 2003, 12:33 AM

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Feb 27th, 2003, 02:11 AM
Thanks Daniel for the pics :) Nancy looks extremely tired and older...but she does look fitter :)

CoryAnnAvants#1
Feb 27th, 2003, 02:51 AM
She looks like Rita Kuti Kis in the weight department..if that's an improvement, she is in deep shit for the rest of her career lol

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 27th, 2003, 02:53 AM
Bradshaw fans probably shouldn't pick on players' weights

CoryAnnAvants#1
Feb 27th, 2003, 02:58 AM
Well she looks the same from the last time I saw her. I never said she was a rabbit around the court either

Lee-Waters' Boy
Feb 27th, 2003, 03:00 AM
lol i know i was only joking around...i like allison too and i thought she had a shot against kapros :(

matthias
Feb 27th, 2003, 04:23 AM
thanks for the pics :wavey: :bounce:

Tennisfan-Mtl
Feb 27th, 2003, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the pics :D

My god ! Has Alison gained weight ???