8.Anastasia Myskina

Next seeded:
Chanda Rubin

*updated: 01 March*

King Aaron
Feb 22nd, 2003, 02:37 PM

Darkheart
Feb 22nd, 2003, 05:18 PM
This can change because they use the rankings after Scottsdale.

But thanks for doing it anyway.

Jarrett
Feb 22nd, 2003, 05:18 PM
Aren't there 32 seeds and they all get first round byes? Wasn't it like that last year.

gmak
Feb 22nd, 2003, 09:11 PM
there will be 32 seeds and they all get byes in the first round ;)

DiZZiA
Feb 22nd, 2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Darkheart
This can change because they use the rankings after Scottsdale.

I believe they will use the rankings one week before the event to do the seedings.

Umm..... it will be a very exciting and interesting quarter final round if all the top 8 seeds successfully go through!!! However, somehow I've got a feeling that Jelena will fall in 3rd or 4th round simply based on her current form.... Sorry Jelena!!!

LeonHart
Feb 23rd, 2003, 04:56 PM
Cool!! I hope Vera gets that 32nd seed ;)

ChrisGermany
Feb 23rd, 2003, 05:53 PM
They use the rankings after Scottsdale and have 32 seeds - to complete the questioning here ;)

It´s so because usually events start on Monday and have to use the old rankings if making the draws on Saturday before the event.

Now that Indian Wells starts within the middle of the week, on a Wednesday I think, they are able to make the draw on Monday afternoon whatever and use the rankins published hours earlier by the WTA.

Due to the fact that Jennifer gets her points from Scottsdale deleted that week (and she was in the finals there 2002), please take notice that whoever wins Scottsdale, Daniela Hantuchova will be the 2nd seed as Jenn falls behind her.

¤CharlDa¤
Feb 23rd, 2003, 06:09 PM
That's what I was hoping!!!!!! Go Hantuchova!!!!!!!

tenn_ace
Feb 23rd, 2003, 08:39 PM
I hope Nastya is in Hantuchova or Capriati quarter

Leena
Feb 23rd, 2003, 09:19 PM
Please put Lena in Jelena's quarter again... and throw Dani in there too! I like that. :)

JCAPfan
Feb 23rd, 2003, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ChrisGermany
They use the rankings after Scottsdale and have 32 seeds - to complete the questioning here ;)

Are you 100% sure???? :confused:

Hurley
Feb 24th, 2003, 02:41 AM
In the last three years, they have both used the rankings from the week before and the newest rankings. That is DEFINITE.

So it is pretty much however they feel that day, I'm assuming. I'm pretty sure that last year they DID NOT use the most recent rankings to determine seeding.

AjdeNate!
Feb 25th, 2003, 12:41 PM
Yes, there will be 32 seeds, but this (top 8) will show the anchors for the quarterfinal round.

dhantuchova
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:39 PM
no williams sisters at indian wells then ay?

patricio
Feb 25th, 2003, 04:52 PM
Capriati will be very dangerous in Indian Wells. She is coming back. Note this taken from an article about Jennifer

O'Connor also revealed that Capriati is keeping her off-court fitness training in high gear and her current favorite activity is Tybo, so watch your step if you happen to be in reach of the former world No. 1 ... she probably packs a good kick.

According to O'Connor, the remainder of the year is shaping up just fine for Capriati, who should easily rebound from her first-round upset at the Australian Open last month. He understands that Capriati is planning on playing the Pacific Life Open at Indian Wells, Calif., which is not usually on her schedule, as well as the upcoming NASDAQ-100 Open at Miami.

"If Jennifer gets aggressive and back on track, we'll see what happens," O'Connor said. "She doesn't have any more big points to defend for the year so all she can do is gain ground. The truth is if you're ranked two, four or eight it doesn't really make a difference because you're usually playing the same mix of people from the quarters and beyond. If you're pushed out of the top eight than it can get dicey."

ex hopman
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:55 PM
Williams sisters wont come to Indian wells after ... was that 2 years ago??

QUEENLINDSAY
Feb 26th, 2003, 05:45 AM
Lindsay is already above Mauresmo, so she should be on top 4 seeds. Much more se if they used the rankings after scottsdale.

bilbo
Feb 26th, 2003, 09:49 AM
I hope that Tammy will be seeded 32 or lower
Anyway good luck to Tammy
Disappointed that all williams didn't join this tournament
Good Luck to Kim also

Glenn
Feb 26th, 2003, 12:35 PM
Justine, why don't you play Indian Wells? :sad:

rfs1999
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:54 PM
Go Monica!

maccardel
Feb 26th, 2003, 07:11 PM
I hope that Venus enterrs this tourney and maintain her number two ranking...won't it be hate if serena and venus both enter the tourney...what would the other players say an do...

personally I think they should enter and support the tour. Jennifer has returned even thought I think she had no other choice...

AjdeNate!
Mar 2nd, 2003, 12:20 AM
*updated*

Darkheart
Mar 4th, 2003, 12:45 AM
In the last three years, they have both used the rankings from the week before and the newest rankings. That is DEFINITE.

So it is pretty much however they feel that day, I'm assuming. I'm pretty sure that last year they DID NOT use the most recent rankings to determine seeding.
I did a little more research.

You were right! :worship:

Last year, they used pre-Scottsdale rankings. This year, they used pre-Scottsdale rankings again.

Sorry if I misled people. My memory is failing me once again.

I'll take your word for it when you say that they have used the most recent rankings in the past.

Technically, they should use pre-Scottsdale rankings every year because when they make the qualifying draw the most recent rankings are not yet published.