PDA

View Full Version : FINAL - Monica Seles vs. Justine Henin-Hardenne

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 21st, 2003, 08:49 PM
Who has the edge?

Court Surface:

Hardcourts are Monica's specialty. Henin is good on them, but Monica is the queen of the cement.
Edge: Seles

Crowd Support:

I'm not sure who they like in Dubai, but in most cases Monica will have an edge over Henin in this department.

Energy:

Monica has won three matches never playing a third set. Justine has played three hard sets in two out of her three matches.

Movement:

Henin-Hardenne moves very well on all surfaces and Monica has had a fitness problem for years now. This one is a no-brainer.
Edge: Henin-Hardenne

Power:

Monica basically hits the ball as hard as she can every single time and puts more power in her shots than Henin, though Henin can hit it hard as well...Just not as hard as Monica.

Serve:

Both of their serves can be really good at times and can go off sometimes. Who has the better serve? I think Monica overall has a better one, but any day can bring a different serve for either one.
Edge: Even

Return:

Monica is relentless with her returns and since Henin isn't a huge server she won't be able to punish Monica most of the time. Henin has a solid return, but it's almost impossible to say that ANYONE returns better than Monica.

Mental:

Monica is arguably the mentally toughest player ever. She rarely gets very angry on the court and when she does she keeps her cool and moves on. She has nerves of steel and plays the big points like a champion. Henin for the most part is good, but we all know how much she struggles with her head sometimes.

Confidence:

Monica has come off a good win. Justine has come off a good win. Monica has won 4 out of their 5 overall meetings, but Justine has the satisfaction of knowing she won the last time they played. Both are confident and I don't think this is what will decide this match.
Edge: Even

Overall: Monica def. Justine 6-4, 7-5 :)

rfs1999
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:39 PM
Go Monica!

WhatTheDeuce
Feb 22nd, 2003, 01:51 AM
Monica PLEASE win this...PLEASE...

selesfan
Feb 22nd, 2003, 02:04 AM
Does anyone know what time the final starts?