View Full Version : (T)high Hopes: The Amélie Mauresmo Cheering Thread

Linnie
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:57 PM
;)
ALLEZ MOMO!!! :D

You've run out of thighs to be injured - just stay healthy! :angel:

Lapin
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:59 PM
:D Lol, what a brilliant title for our cheering thread! Thank you Linnie for the first laugh I've had all day since Amélie had to pull out of Dubai injured again... :sad:

Get well soon Amélie!! :D :D :D

Sonja
Feb 24th, 2003, 03:34 PM
GO GO MAURESMO!

Some free points to be had here. :D

mauresmofan
Feb 24th, 2003, 08:01 PM
No more big points to defend for a while so soak them up like a sponge Momo!

griffin
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:53 PM

Lapin
Feb 26th, 2003, 12:11 AM
Allez Amélie!! :D :D :D

Gus
Feb 26th, 2003, 09:05 PM
Hi girls,
WE LOVE YOU AMELIE-MELO !!!
COME ON BABY !!!
Point par point, jeu par jeu, set par set, match par match, finale après finale et en avant pour la place de n°1 mondia(b)le !

mauresmofan
Mar 1st, 2003, 07:12 PM
Good luck Amélie!

Lapin
Mar 1st, 2003, 08:50 PM
Bonne Chance Amélie!! :D :D :D

Linnie
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:21 PM
Good news! She's right now bound for California!* :D

ALLEZ MOMO!!!

*Thanks to AWA on the official forum! :)

mauresmofan
Mar 2nd, 2003, 12:36 AM
Great News :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

* :angel: and God bless Amélies left abductor and right Abductor and don't forget her knee Amen :angel: *

Elisse
Mar 2nd, 2003, 01:41 AM
:bounce: Good Luck Amélie!!!! :bounce:

YSL
Mar 2nd, 2003, 09:29 AM
Yes Yes, just stay healthy!

:bounce::bounce: Bonne Chance Amélie!!! :bounce::bounce:

Bероника
Mar 2nd, 2003, 03:54 PM
Allez Momo!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

supercmfan
Mar 2nd, 2003, 05:00 PM
Allez momito!!!! :bounce: :bounce:

Elisse
Mar 2nd, 2003, 10:18 PM
:bounce: Allez Amélie!!! :bounce:

mauresmofan
Mar 3rd, 2003, 01:25 AM
:lick:Mauresmorize Us!!!:lick:

:bounce: :kiss: :worship: :hearts: :bounce: :hearts: :worship: :kiss: :bounce:

pineapple
Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:45 AM
:bounce: :) :bounce: BONNE CHANCE AMÉLIE! :bounce: :) :bounce:

Sonja
Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:44 PM
Mauresmorization in the Amezon Nation!

Harju.
Mar 3rd, 2003, 03:49 PM
Momo... Allez!!

mauresmofan
Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:11 PM
**fingers and toes crossed for a good draw preferably away from Lindsay and Kim**

Linnie
Mar 3rd, 2003, 10:38 PM
**fingers and toes crossed for a good draw preferably away from Lindsay and Kim**
One out of two :( If seeding holds, she could meet Lindsay in the quarters......but first, she could be playing Myriam Casanova in the second round :eek:

One match at a time! :angel:

mauresmofan
Mar 4th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Casanova will be tough but hopefully Amélie can take care of business - no points to lose so no pressure on Momo!

Sonja
Mar 4th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Page 2 will never do!

Step by step, Amelie - MAKE IT HAPPEN!

Linnie
Mar 4th, 2003, 06:20 PM
New journal today :) (with help from babblefish ;)):

"Haste to be there"

Tuesday March 4, 2003

"Some small news of the United States. I write to you of an absolutely splendid place at a few minutes of the club where the tournament of Indian Wells proceeds. We are placed, with Xavier, in a superb complex nested in the medium of the desert with sight on the mountains covered with snow, with American what! Frankly, it is superb. We arrived Saturday and I feel still today at this beginning of week the effect of the shift-schedule. Result; I rise super-early but it is not more badly. I benefit from it to make my jogging well before the breakfast "

"some plays with Hantuchova"

After, the day continues with two meetings of approximately one hour tennis before other exercises and the evening, I occupy myself of my adductors. Ca had obstructed me in Dubaï, today all is well :) but I should not take of risk then each evening, I make reinforcement on this level. Today, I will make some plays with Hantuchova and I should begin the competition Thursday or Friday vis-a-vis with the winner of Casanova-Muller. After this tournament, I remain in the corner since I connect with Key-Biscane (:D). While waiting, I am in a hurry to play and especially without feeling the least embarrassment. Hello "

Lapin
Mar 4th, 2003, 06:31 PM
Allez Amélie!! :D :D :D

Thanks for the translation Linnie!! :D

mauresmofan
Mar 4th, 2003, 10:03 PM
Go Momo Go

:worship: :worship: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :worship: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :worship: :worship:

mauresmofan
Mar 5th, 2003, 12:50 AM
:eek: No sign of Momo in the doubles draw? :eek:

Linnie
Mar 5th, 2003, 01:20 AM
:eek: No sign of Momo in the doubles draw? :eek:
I'm glad, actually.....better she concentrate on singles, and not aggravate her abductors, adductors, and everything in between ;)

Sonja
Mar 5th, 2003, 02:36 AM
AMEN to that!

Glad to see that she's doing some warm-up with Dani too!

Caoimhe
Mar 5th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Come on ye gurl ye!

Linnie
Mar 5th, 2003, 12:55 PM
Practicing yesterday :):

http://www.thedesertsun.com/pacificlifeopen/photos/mar4/mauresmo.jpg

Linnie
Mar 5th, 2003, 01:19 PM
Interview in today's Le Figaro (thanks to Loulou :)):

http://www.lefigaro.fr/sports/20030305.FIG0170.html

One month after her recovery, the Frenchwoman begins tomorrow with appetite the tournament from Indian Wells, first important stage on the road of Roland-Garros

http://www.lefigaro.fr/sports/photos/yex33440.184.v0236-0.391-28.569-131.472-125.236
"One does not gain a match while remaining behind, but by taking the initiative forwards", Amélie Mauresmo analyzes, which directed its play towards the flight and the catch of the net.
(Pochat/L' Photograph Equips.)

Mauresmo - Tennis: "Number 1, it is my objective"
Amélie Mauresmo found the smile. And at the same time the way of success. After three months and half passed to relieve its right knee, the French number one took again at the beginning of February its bag of sport and voyage to pose them finally in Paris, then in semi-final with Dubaï. One month very right of competition and happiness, with some small pains, but without much traumatism, which it will celebrate tomorrow in the Californien desert, in Indian Wells, first stage of its American mini-round. Exempted first turn (and Williams sisters, absent), Amélie Mauresmo feels to push wings on this circuit which it finds with a real serenity, even if the preparations of war of the United States tarnish its pleasure somewhat...

Remarks collected by Martin Couturié
[ March 05, 2003 ]
Le Figaro. - You took again the competition on February 6. Which assessment do you draw from this first complete month?
Amélie MAURESMO. - It is obviously very positive. My knee holds, even if I had some small muscular pips on the right and on the left. You know, I really was afraid not to be able rejouer with tennis. And there were apprehension and tension when I made my re-entry with Open Gas from France, in Paris. That is hyper passed well, as well physically as on the level of the result. And I was very glad also to find the ground and the circuit.

You have the impression to live again?
Completely. I realized during my interruption which I missed the tennis, which it was really my life. Then, now, I take even more pleasure on the court, I profit, and it is necessary absolutely that that lasts.

You are on a small cloud?
In Paris, it was really that. Now, I go back at the head the objectives, the play, the technique. I fall down more in the details and work. But I smell myself well, I am content.

Finale in Paris, semi-final with Dubaï, how to explain such a success of entry?
That does not come by chance. One worked hard the land one during more than one month, and one continued to direct all my play towards the front one. Whereas I did not hope for anything, that paid immediately.

Tell us your work of recovery become obligatory...
The doctor was clearly: with this wound, I do not have any more the choice. I must compel myself after each match to carry out a good recovery, with much of massages, stretchings, the pockets of ice... It became a practice, and I take a certain pleasure there, whereas before I was reticent with all that.

You here is for a month in the United States. This country does it constitute for you good memories?
Honestly not too concerning the two tournaments with the program. I took part only one time in Indian Wells, in 2000, and I had to give up because of my back. And I never played Key Biscayne very well. It is for that that I usually made the dead end over this American month. But this year, as I did not play in Australia, I am glad to be there. To face the best and to have great results, without putting too much pressure nevertheless. Moreover, the weather is nice, and the corner is superb.

It is also a manner of going up in mode before Roland-Garros?
Indeed. Even if, before Paris, there are other expiries which hold me with heart, like Rome, Berlin and the EDF Cup. is well to find all the best, and also the rate/rhythm of a long test. Large a fifteen day old Slam is really different from a one week tournament. On the court, but more especially in the head. It is necessary to be accustomed to waiting and the days of rest where you can gamberger...

Do you have the impression already to prepare Roland-Garros?
Yes, a little bit. I will try to approach Roland-Garros like another tournament. When I reached the semi-finals in Wimbledon and US Open, I did not think six months of it in advance. I have right good made my front job. And it is what I want to make a success of there: to do the utmost of work and recovery, as well as possible to manage my program to arrive door of Auteuil with matches, confidence, but without tiredness.

Your head had had some weaknesses in 2001, but that had been better in 2002...
2001 had been a large disappointment, and 2002 had occurred indeed better, until in eighth of finale... But good, each year I advance and I learn from this so particular tournament for us, French. It is necessary to manage to overcome it and channel its emotions to approach it sereinement. That is better, because I grown, I matured, I acquire experiment.

Where do you have the impression to locate you in your career?
With little close with the medium. It seems to me that I still have time, even if I already learned and carried out much things on the circuit. I know that in all the compartments of my play, I can still progress. It is justifying and pleasant to think that one is located in the ten, in the five first to the classification, and that one can better do.

Does your objective remain always the place of number 1?
Completely, with a victory in large slam. I do not regret having announced that I aimed at the first place. It is my objective. Everyone, in the life, wants to arrive some share. That takes time or not, one reaches that point or not, but it is necessary to test. With the end of my career, I will draw the assessment and I will pass to another thing.

You say: "tennis is my trade." And passion?
On the circuit, lassitude is installed sometimes, with the routine voyage-airport-hotel-club. During this cut, I realized that tennis remained really my passion. And I did not succeed in thinking of another thing. The examinations and the care took time and the head to me. I tried to change me the ideas while putting to me at the green, by visiting "castles", I adore the red wine, and I benefitted from it to answer media requests. But I was in a hurry to return so that I can make.

Does that irritate you that one asks to you whether the Williams sisters are unbeatable?
Not, because it is logical to ask me this question. And at the same time, it is a true challenge to reach the level to compete with them.

Does their domination harm female tennis?
I do not believe that Williams make evil with our play. They took it along always higher, and it became even more demanding physically. Blow, it is necessary to find a fault to counter them. But I think that people start to weary Williams-Williams finales. Me, I followed their first to Roland-Garros, last year. Afterwards, I looked at less.

Lapin
Mar 5th, 2003, 03:09 PM
Thanks Linnie!! :D

supercmfan
Mar 5th, 2003, 08:38 PM
Practicing yesterday :):

http://www.thedesertsun.com/pacificlifeopen/photos/mar4/mauresmo.jpg

Que bien se ve momito en la tierra verde!!!!!!! :D :D

YSL
Mar 5th, 2003, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the pics and articles Linnie and Loulou :)

Elisse
Mar 5th, 2003, 10:53 PM
Thanks Linnie!!! :D :wavey:

:bounce: Good Luck Momo!!! :bounce:

mauresmofan
Mar 5th, 2003, 10:54 PM
:wavey: Well I'm off to Lansorote tomorrow so I'll just pop in for one last cheer
Come on Amélie Win the title!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :worship: :worship: :worship: :lick: :worship: :worship: :worship: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lapin
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:40 AM
http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/Mauresmo030503.jpg

Have a good holiday mauresmofan!

supercmfan
Mar 6th, 2003, 12:49 AM
thanks Lapin and Linnie :wavey:

Linnie
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:23 AM
Thanks, Lapin! :D :hearts:

Match on tomorrow (Thurs.)! First match up in the stadium! :eek:

GO GO GO MAURESMO!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s7/smilies-7452.png

galadriel
Mar 6th, 2003, 09:53 AM
GOOD LUCK AMELIE :kiss:

Caoimhe
Mar 6th, 2003, 10:58 AM
Go momo, go momo, GO!!!!!!

Harju.
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:27 AM
Allez MOMO...

Kick some ass

Elisse
Mar 6th, 2003, 11:38 AM
Thanks for the pic, Lapin!! :D :wavey:

:bounce: Allez Allez Amélie!!! :bounce:

Sonja
Mar 6th, 2003, 02:34 PM
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley-flag/smiley-2825.png http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley-flag/smiley-2825.png http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley-flag/smiley-2825.png http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley-flag/smiley-2825.png http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley-flag/smiley-2825.png

Lapin
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:16 PM
:eek: I thought Amélie would be playing on Friday! Does anyone know what the time difference is between California and the UK?! :D

Oh, and I love those 'smilie-generator' signs, hilarious! I must have a go at that soon!

Lapin
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:27 PM
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s7/smilies-8162.png

;)

Linnie
Mar 6th, 2003, 03:35 PM
:eek: I thought Amélie would be playing on Friday! Does anyone know what the time difference is between California and the UK?! :D
6:00pm your time :D

Harju.
Mar 6th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Good luck Momo against Casanova

Bероника
Mar 6th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Allez Momo!!!!

Lapin
Mar 6th, 2003, 07:57 PM
Amélie won 6/4, 6/0 in exactly one hour! :D

Félicitations Amélie!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

(Thanks Linnie, have sorted out my earlier message now, I hope! :rolleyes: )

Elisse
Mar 6th, 2003, 08:33 PM
:bounce: Congratulations Momo!!! :bounce:

Harju.
Mar 6th, 2003, 08:37 PM
Congrats Momo :bounce: :bounce:

YSL
Mar 6th, 2003, 08:42 PM
:bounce: :bounce:Well done Amélie!! :bounce: :bounce:

YSL
Mar 6th, 2003, 08:43 PM
From the WTA site :)
http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/MauresmoSigns030603_tn.jpg

Linnie
Mar 6th, 2003, 08:51 PM
The large, economy size ;):
http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/MauresmoSigns030603.jpg

Bероника
Mar 6th, 2003, 09:00 PM
Well done Momo!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

thainguyen
Mar 6th, 2003, 09:57 PM
congrats Momo

E. Blackadder
Mar 6th, 2003, 10:16 PM
Go Amélie! Very nice win :D :D :D :kiss:

Lapin
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:08 AM
Thanks for the pic YSL and Linnie! :D

Linnie
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:51 AM
From the tournament website:

Mauresmo Sounds Warning to Rivals

Fifth seed Amelie Mauresmo sounded a warning to her fellow seeds at the Pacific Life Open in Indian Wells with a 6-4, 6-0 win over Swiss Myriam Casanova in the second round Thursday. The Frenchwoman, a winner of eight WTA Tour singles titles, won 10 of the first 11 points of the match and never relinquished her advantage.
Mauresmo is making her second appearance at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden – and her first since 2000, when she retired early in a second-round match against Kim Clijsters.

Mauresmo is playing just her third Tour event of 2003 after being sidelined for four months with cartilage inflammation of the right knee from mid October last year, which prevented her appearance at the 2002 WTA Tour Championships. She reached the final of the Paris Indoors last month (lost to Venus Williams) in her first tournament of the season and two weeks ago reached the semifinals in Doha before retiring in the second set against Monica Seles when she aggravated a right adductor strain.

“Coming here I practiced once and I could feel the adductor,” :eek: Mauresmo said. “But I did all the physio and massage to make sure I was healthy. I was a little concerned going on court but I felt good. As for the knee, that’s better than ever.” :)

Mauresmo is traveling with the French Fed Cup and Davis Cup physical therapist. “I want to make sure I’m doing everything right.

“I was satisfied with the way I played today. It was a pretty consistent performance against a tough player. I made her push it and she made a few mistakes.”

Mauresmo said that her lack of match practice would not significantly affect her chances of winning the Indian Wells title for the first time. “I think I have my chances, but so do many players in the draw.”

TammysBigSis
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:41 AM
I think it's ironic that Momo has a thigh injury because "momo" is Japanese for thigh (or peach).

Looking forward to seeing Momo vs. Tammy LIVE and IN PERSON at IW!!!!!

Bonne Chance, Amelie (and good luck Tammy!)!

TBS

Linnie
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:49 AM
I think it's ironic that Momo has a thigh injury because "momo" is Japanese for thigh (or peach).
Very interesting! There's a Japanese restaurant in New York called "Momo" (I would guess it means peach, and not thigh ;))

Thanks!

supercmfan
Mar 7th, 2003, 07:10 AM
VAMOS MOMITO!!!

Caoimhe
Mar 7th, 2003, 11:21 AM
GO MOMO!!
MOVING ON TO THE NEXT MATCH

WHEN'S HER NEXT GAME BTW?
I CAN ONLY FOLLOW THE RESULTS ON TELETEXT PPPFFFF@ NOT HAVING SKY OR THE NET @ HOME

Linnie
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:32 PM
http://www.thedesertsun.com/pacificlifeopen/photos/mar6/mauresmo.jpg

Linnie
Mar 7th, 2003, 12:36 PM
Caoihme, her next match should be on Saturday - check this thread, if you can, later tonight. We should know by then :)

Caoimhe
Mar 7th, 2003, 01:33 PM
thank Linnie

YSL
Mar 7th, 2003, 08:51 PM
:bounce: :bounce:ALLEZ MOMO!!!:bounce: :bounce:

Elisse
Mar 7th, 2003, 11:00 PM
Good Luck Amélie!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Lapin
Mar 8th, 2003, 01:46 AM
Bonne Chance Amélie contre Tammy!! :D :D :D

Sonja
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:07 AM
Gonna have to fight hard tomorrow. Tammy's a quality opponent.

GO GO MAURESMO!

ns_Henin
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:54 AM
Good Luck MOMO!!! Win this title pleaseeee!!!!!
I want to watch u and Justine play more doubles :kiss:
So take care of ur health!

galadriel
Mar 8th, 2003, 12:21 PM
ALLEZ MOMO :bounce: :bounce:

Elisse
Mar 8th, 2003, 02:46 PM
:bounce: Good Luck Momo!!! :bounce:

Harju.
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:26 PM
Allez Amelie

Harju.
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:29 PM
Go MoMo!!

Harju.
Mar 8th, 2003, 03:30 PM
Momo..

can somebody teach me french? :o

Linnie
Mar 8th, 2003, 08:59 PM
Just say "ALLEZ" and you'll be fine ;)

Bероника
Mar 8th, 2003, 09:50 PM
Momo,on t'aime!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Elisse
Mar 8th, 2003, 10:20 PM
:bounce: Allez Allez Amélie!!! :bounce:

Odysseus
Mar 9th, 2003, 01:07 AM
YES,SHE WON IN 3 :bounce:
ALLEZ ALLEZ AMELIE

Lapin
Mar 9th, 2003, 01:53 AM
6/3, 5/7, 6/2 :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Félicitations Amélie!! :D :D :D

Linnie
Mar 9th, 2003, 02:33 AM
http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/MauresmoPress030803.jpg

Lapin
Mar 9th, 2003, 02:41 AM
Great minds..., eh Linnie?!

Thanks for the pic! ;)

Linnie
Mar 9th, 2003, 02:45 AM
Great minds..., eh Linnie?!

Thanks for the pic! ;)
LOL! I was about to post it on Gerd's..... ;)

Lapin
Mar 9th, 2003, 02:51 AM
I know you were!! 'cause I posted it on Gerd's, and then came to post it over here..........!! ;)

Harju.
Mar 9th, 2003, 04:10 AM
Allez Momo :bounce: :worship:

beat magui for angie :mad: :D

Linnie
Mar 9th, 2003, 04:35 AM
Just a bad day at the office ;):

From: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=1371&ncid=1371&e=3&u=/nm/20030309/sp_tennis_nm/tennis_indian

MAURESMO FRUSTRATED
Mauresmo was thoroughly frustrated with her play against the Thai counterpuncher, rarely able to find her rhythm and frequently hitting short with her groundstrokes.
But after playing erratically to lose the second set, Mauresmo dug in the third set, mixing in net rushing with her rolling groundstrokes and finally wearing down her foe.
"It was very tough because it was one of those matches when you don't feel very good, very comfortable, nothing is going the right way," said Mauresmo, who will play Spain's Magui Serna in the next round.
"I wasn't moving well or hitting the ball well. I had to give 100 percent and fight and it went my way."

Linnie
Mar 9th, 2003, 12:50 PM
A couple of photos and articles -

http://www.thedesertsun.com/pacificlifeopen/photos/mar8/tennis2.jpg
http://www.lequipe.fr/Xml/Tennis/Titres/Media/0903_mauresmo_afp.jpg
http://www.wtatour.com/lib/setk/v1.3/images/0.gif

http://www.thedesertsun.com/news/stories/plo/1047182235.shtml

Mauresmo wins in spite of problems

INDIAN WELLS -- Amelie Mauresmo’s legs were tired and her rhythm was off, but she couldn’t be happier with her 6-3, 5-7, 6-2 victory Saturday over Tamarine Tanasugarn in the third round of the Pacific Life Open.

Mauresmo advances to the fourth round, where she will take on Magui Serna. Serna defeated Angelique Widjaja 7-5, 6-2 on Saturday.

"It’s good to win those matches, even when you don’t feel good, even when you don’t feel your best tennis," Mauresmo said. "You know you can still win and you have to stay in there."

After reaching a career-high No. 4 in the world, Mauresmo suffered a right-knee cartilage inflammation late last year and had to pull out of the year-end WTA Championships in Los Angeles. That injury also kept her out of the Australian Open, but Mauresmo said her knee isn’t bothering her now.

"To me, it was very tough because it was one of those days where you don’t feel very good, very comfortable, nothing is going the right way," said Mauresmo, the No. 5 seed. "I felt like I was not moving too well, not hitting the ball very well. So I just had to do the best I could today and give 100 percent and fight."

Mauresmo was in control the first set, but couldn’t put away Tanasugarn, who began to find a rhythm.

In the third set, Mauresmo got an early break for a 3-1 lead and she didn’t let Tanasugarn get back into the set.

"I didn’t get too much, you know, nervous and excited because I wasn’t feeling too well," Mauresmo said.

Despite missing the Australian Open, where she was a finalist in 1999, Mauresmo has gotten off to a solid start. She reached the finals of Paris, losing to Serena Williams 6-3, 6-2, and the semifinals of Dubai, where she retired in the second set to Monica Seles.

Mauresmo is healthy and hopes the lethargic feeling was just a one-day occurrence.

"Hopefully, it’s going to get better and better as the tournament goes on," Mauresmo said. "I’m going to make sure I relax tonight, have a big recuperation, massage and stuff."

(Translated by babblefish ;))

http://sports.fr/fr/cmc/tennis/200310/cmc_11052.html

Mauresmo in the pain

09/03/2003 By PIERRE-GILLES HUOT De Sports.fr

Under the heat sun of Indian Wells, number 1 Frenchwoman knew
some frights for. The heavy legs, Amélie Mauresmo had to battle 2h30
against the Inhabitant of Thailand Tamarine Tanasugarn before finally being
essential 6-3, 5-7, 6-2 and qualifying themselves for the eighth.
Percussion than with accustomed, protected from Loïc Courteau showed
however a beautiful combativeness to go to seek the victory, in spite
of a painful knee.

Mauresmo, far from its best level. Amélie Mauresmo ensured essence:
the qualification for the eighth of finale. But the manner was not
with go... In difficulty technically and physically, the Frenchwoman
did not show herself frankly transcendent to come to end from Tamarine
Tanasugarn. A service in half-tone which it recognized readily
afterwards: "My legs were heavy, I had difficulties in move. My
adjustment was approximate, my timing was worse and I made more direct
faults."

Present mentally

Feverish with the service as its 14 double-faults testify some,
Mauresmo could however have a reason for satisfaction in the field of
combativeness: "Side brawls, I am rather satisfied. It is when one
smells oneself fairly well that it is necessary to go to seek the
victory. The assessment is positive on this point." On the other hand,
a light concern remains concerning its knee, put at hard test on a
surface which hangs. "I slightly smelled my knee during the match,
explains it. Nothing catastrophic, but it is although my kiné either
present."

Under these conditions, recovery will take an important place in its
timetable from here to its next match, Monday, vis-a-vis in Magui
Serna. A player whom she knows well to have beaten it in Coubertin
with the second turn. But while waiting, some training sessions will
not be superfluous to give from the order in its play...

Linnie
Mar 9th, 2003, 02:30 PM
"To find juice"

Sunday March 9, 2003

"Hello with all, one can say that this victory of Saturday against Thaïlandaise Tanasugarn was hard. I finally carry it in three sets 6/3, 5/7 6/2 after 2h30 of match under a blazing sun... For me, it was one of these days "without" as it arrives from there sometimes in the year. My legs were heavy, I had difficulties in move. Result, the other compartments of the play felt some: an approximate adjustment, a worse timing, more direct faults... In short, a match which will not remain in the memories, it is clear "

"On the other hand, on the side of the brawl and the behavior, I am rather satisfied. Indeed, it is in this kind of matches, when one smells oneself fairly
well, that it is necessary to go to seek. From this point of view, the assessment is positive, it is besides what I will retain today of this meeting. Physically, the knee suffered a little. I have it
smelled slightly during the match. But this evening after the massage, that is better. Nothing catastrophic thus but it is although Jerome, my kiné, is present at Indien Wells. Recovery
prove increasingly significant now the more so as surface is very rough and hangs enormously. Not terrible for my articulations... "

"Good, besides nothing special. Today Sunday, I will follow a training session to try to find juice. I am not anxious. My next match, it is Monday March 10 against Serna which I beat in February with Coubertin with the second turn. One will see this time well. I have reference marks against this player. I hope that that well will occur... Against Tanasugarn, I still knew some problems with my service and these 14 double-faults. I will re-examine this part of the play today. They are after-effects of Dubaï. With very soon "

Lapin
Mar 9th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Thanks for all the articles Linnie! :D

Great that Amélie fought hard to win on a day that wasn't going too well for her. I think she match 'won' the match in the fourth game of the third set. Having just broken Tammy to take a 2/1 lead, she had to really fight hard to hold her own service game! I love this post from Nicky2002 in yesterday's scoring thread:

Momo serves

15-0
15-15
15-30
30-30
40-30
40-40
Adv Tamarine
40-40 (again)
Adv Momo
40-40 (again)
Adv Tammy
40-40 (again)
Adv Tamarine
40-40 (again)
Adv Momo
40-40
Adv Momo
40-40 (again)
Adv Tammy
40-40 (again)
Adv Tammy
40-40 (again)
Adv Tammy Tanasugarn
40-40 (again)
Adv Momo

Geez ... Game Momo

What a game!
:D

Great determination from Amélie to hold onto that game for 3/1, when she could have dropped it and been back at 2/2 instead. :bounce:

Linnie
Mar 9th, 2003, 03:57 PM
There's a good article about the match on tennis-on-the-line:
http://www.tennis-ontheline.com/iw030308.htm

:)

TammysBigSis
Mar 9th, 2003, 05:57 PM
Merci for the articles, Linnie. Congratulations, Momo and bonne chance against Magui!

Elisse
Mar 9th, 2003, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the pics and articles, Linnie!!! :D

:bounce: Congratulations Amélie!!!! :bounce:
Good Luck for tomorrow! You can do it! - Go Momo!!

Lapin
Mar 10th, 2003, 12:55 AM
Bonne Chance Amélie contre Magui!! :D :D :D
Allez allez allez!! :D :D :D

Caoimhe
Mar 10th, 2003, 01:08 PM
onwards and upwards (through the rankings) momo

Linnie
Mar 10th, 2003, 03:38 PM

JUST DO IT!!!

Harju.
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Allez Momo

She just kick some ass..

Momo beat Serna 6/2 6/3 :bounce:

Harju.
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:30 PM
:bounce: :worship: Congrats Momo

Linnie
Mar 10th, 2003, 08:42 PM
http://www.wtatour.com/assets/story_image/MauresmoSigns031003.jpg

Linnie
Mar 10th, 2003, 09:47 PM
http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/afpji/20030310/030310212226.o3i9p8xy0b.jpg

Thigh wrap! :eek: ;)

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/ap_photo/20030310/all/l764578.jpg

supercmfan
Mar 10th, 2003, 10:07 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: MOMITO !!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Bероника
Mar 10th, 2003, 10:12 PM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Linnie
Mar 10th, 2003, 11:08 PM
http://www.pacificlifeopen.com/photos/gallery/pic-10-03-03-n02-g.jpg

Elisse
Mar 10th, 2003, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the pics, Linnie!!! :D

:bounce: Congratulations Momo!!! :bounce:

Lapin
Mar 11th, 2003, 12:05 AM
Today's match stats:

Amélie
1st Serve - 64%
Aces - 1
Double Faults - 4
Winners - 21
U/E's - 26
Break Pts won - 5/12
Net Pts won - 20/29

Magui
1st Serve - 46%
Aces - 2
Double Faults - 4
Winners - 13
U/E's - 36
Break Pts won - 2/4
Net Pts won - 12/15

Match time = 1hr 17mins.

Félicitations Amélie!! :D :D :D

Thanks for the pics Linnie! :D

Lapin
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:16 AM
One more pic:

http://www.lequipe.fr/Xml/Tennis/Titres/Media/1003_mauresmo_home.jpg

Sonja
Mar 11th, 2003, 01:37 AM
Bonne Chance Amelie!

Thanks everyone for the photos and articles!

ns_Henin
Mar 11th, 2003, 05:27 AM
Good Luck against Lindsay, MOMO!!!!!!!!

Harju.
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:35 AM
Congrats Momo

Harju.
Mar 11th, 2003, 06:37 AM
[colodeepbluesky]Allez Momo[/color]

galadriel
Mar 11th, 2003, 09:51 AM
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Caoimhe
Mar 11th, 2003, 11:09 AM
64% first serve! quite good!

Speaking after her win-" I'm really happy with the way I played. I hope I can play like this all the time."

Amen to that MOMO ;)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Linnie
Mar 11th, 2003, 03:12 PM
http://www.thedesertsun.com/pacificlifeopen/photos/mar10/mauresmo.jpg

Sonja
Mar 11th, 2003, 03:12 PM
Gonna be a tough match against Lindsay!
Make it happen Amélie!

Linnie
Mar 11th, 2003, 03:20 PM
March 10, 2003
A. MAURESMO/M. Serna

6-2, 6-3

An interview with:

AMELIE MAURESMO

MODERATOR: Questions for Amelie.

Q. You were saying the other day that her left-handed style and everything usually gives you trouble, but it appeared to be a fairly routine match today. Is that accurate?
AMELIE MAURESMO: Yeah, you know, I'm very happy tactically how I played that match. I didn't let her play and control the game as she loves to do. I didn't give her too many rhythm, so then, you know, she cannot really put the pressure and hit the ball as hard as she would like to. So I think tactically it was a very good match.
Physically, I felt much better than two days ago, so that's positive, too. No, I'm very happy. It wasn't very easy match, but I think playing the way I played today, I made it pretty easy.

Q. You'll play the winner of Lindsay and Bovina in the next round. Is your game and conditioning where you'd like it to be?
AMELIE MAURESMO: It's coming. You know, I felt good in my first round. The second round wasn't so good. It's much better today. I just think everything's coming together. I need some time. I didn't play too many tournaments this year yet. I just try to work on few things and make it better match after match.
You know, I'm going to be ready. I guess it's Wednesday for the next round, yeah.

Q. Whether it's Bovina or Lindsay, they're much different opponents. What do you have to do there?
AMELIE MAURESMO: Obviously, it's not the same game. They're big hitters. They're taller, so they serve a little bit better. Yeah, completely different game. So I have to adjust to that.
I think I have the possibilities in my game to, you know, really put the power back in the ball and vary a lot also. You know, I'll see.

Q. You've had some injuries recently. How is your health?
AMELIE MAURESMO: It's okay. The knee's all right. The adductor was a little bit sore after Saturday's match, so I just preferred to, you know, put a bandage and make sure that it was tight, that it doesn't get worse. So that's why I had this prevention stuff.

Q. Is that what the wrapping on your thigh is, to prevent?
AMELIE MAURESMO: Yeah. It's more prevention. You know, I could feel a little bit it was tight. I could feel it in practice, so I just wanted to make sure it doesn't get to my mind, and it doesn't get worse in the match. I preferred, yeah, to put that.

Q. It's not related to your knee?
AMELIE MAURESMO: No, no. I had that in Paris when I came back after the injury. Just want to be careful with that.

Q. Can you say specifically what in your game you're hoping to sort of step up in the next rounds? Looked like you were struggling a little about your serve today.
AMELIE MAURESMO: Yeah, even if I served better than last time, I think wasn't yet the best serve I can do. You know, I'm trying to find a few things on my serve, try to make it better. Sometimes you lose a little bit of the rhythm.
You know, today was okay. I think also what was good today is I was going forward, I wasn't hesitating to, you know, take control of the game and go to the net. So that was very positive also.
You know, I really want my game to be like this more often. I'm looking forward for the next round for this.

You know, ALLEZ AMÉLIE! ;) :D

Bероника
Mar 11th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Good luck against Davenport!!!

Elisse
Mar 11th, 2003, 11:25 PM
:bounce: Good Luck Amélie!!! :bounce:

Sonja
Mar 12th, 2003, 03:13 AM
Raise your game and make it happen, Amelie!

Caoimhe
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:15 AM
GO GO AMELIE!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Elisse
Mar 12th, 2003, 12:31 PM
:bounce: Allez Amélie!!! :bounce:

Linnie
Mar 12th, 2003, 02:57 PM

JUST DO IT!!!

supercmfan
Mar 12th, 2003, 05:28 PM
VAMOS AMÉLIE!!!!

Sonja
Mar 12th, 2003, 05:44 PM
All the way today!

Linnie
Mar 12th, 2003, 07:15 PM
:sad: :( :sad: :( :sad:

Must've caught the flu from Sonja :p

GET WELL SOON, MOMO! we need you in Miami! :eek:

mauresmofan
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:33 PM
It´s very disappointing but we have to look on the bright side - she´s not injured and should be back next week. She´ll gain a good few points and has only really lost to Serena this year which isn´t bad. Get well soon Amelie!

supercmfan
Mar 12th, 2003, 08:47 PM
amélie :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

Get well soon Momito!

Elisse
Mar 12th, 2003, 10:02 PM
:sad:

Get well soon, Momo!

Lapin
Mar 12th, 2003, 11:39 PM
It´s very disappointing but we have to look on the bright side - she´s not injured and should be back next week. She´ll gain a good few points and has only really lost to Serena this year which isn´t bad.

Well said! But poor Amélie, I do wish her luck would change, it must be so frustrating for her! http://www.websmileys.de/trau04.gif

Get well soon Amélie!! :sad:

Harju.
Mar 13th, 2003, 08:12 AM
AmeLie :sad: :Sad:

Poor Amelie
Get Well Soon and Grab Miami title :bounce:

Caoimhe
Mar 13th, 2003, 10:43 AM
Get well soon you poor baby, amen that it's nothing serious. A few days in bed with a hot water bottle and someone to take care of her will have her fighting fit for next week!

Sonja
Mar 14th, 2003, 02:30 PM
One last small photo

http://www.sportsmediainc.net/tennisweek/MauresmogoodLUM.jpg

Elisse
Mar 14th, 2003, 09:14 PM
Thanks Sonja!!! :D

Here's another pic which I don't think has been posted already.....

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/afpji/20030313/030313083653.lo41ddmo0b.jpg

:worship:

Lapin
Mar 14th, 2003, 10:02 PM
Thanks Sonja and Elisse! :D

supercmfan
Mar 14th, 2003, 10:59 PM
Thanks Sonja!!! :D

Here's another pic which I don't think has been posted already.....

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/xp/afpji/20030313/030313083653.lo41ddmo0b.jpg

:worship:

WOOAAAAWWWWW ELISSE REALLY YOU ARE A GREAT FAN!!!!

:kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: :kiss: FOR YOU :wavey: