PDA

View Full Version : Does the weather affect your mood?

Sam L
Feb 20th, 2003, 11:53 PM
It's raining in Sydney and I'm feeling miserable, when I shouldn't be. There's a sense of doom and gloom inside me :( This is probably like the first week of rain we've had in like about two months, so I should be happy. You should see me before, I was continuously praying for rain, and now I'm depressed :(

Does it affect your mood too? :confused:

Gowza
Feb 20th, 2003, 11:58 PM
it didn't use to but then i started playing a lot of sport and it became my life and the only thing i loved doing. i mean it's good for the drought and the dams so i can live with it for that reason. it doesn't really affect my mood but i know it can affect some people's mood. usually people get more restless. you know how australians can make fun ofd themselves or others and nobody cares? well when it rains the jokes aren't quite jokes if you now what i mean and things can get a bit serious but it doesn't happen to me. unless it has been raining for days on end.

Sam L
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:03 AM
Well I was in another office building the other day and it was raining and completely dark at about 5PM. In a large (unusually large) hall there was only the receptionist and me. I was waiting for someone. And the hall had glass windows the size of the wall, so if you looked out it was just clouds and rain. It was dead quiet too and she wasn't the talkative type. I kept thinking if I was the receptionist I would've jumped out of the glass windows by now :o

Central
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:05 AM
It doesn't affect me, but, as I have to take my dog out for a walk, you know, it's not too funny if it's raining and freezing, so I'm not the happiest man if rains :confused:

tennisIlove09
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:07 AM
I think it does. Sometimes it's easier to have a depressed day when it's raining.

chapel
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:08 AM
the weather does affect my mood. i sometimes get cranky when its raining and even crankier when too sunny.

my friends think it's weird coz i actually like rain. i guess, sometimes i just need my melancholic days. i spent a time in L.A. and it was so sunny there. it didn't rain the whole time i was there. i hated it. it was like a stupid sun shinning brightly as always.

Mitch01
Feb 21st, 2003, 12:17 AM
Not usually, but today I seem to have no energy, and it's a rainy, sleety sort of day out there. I hate it because it's been so sunny for the past 2 weeks, and now this...it's supposed to be winter, so I wish it would either snow or be sunny, this rain in the winter pisses me off :(

Sam L
Feb 21st, 2003, 02:53 AM
Perhaps, maybe then it doesn't :o Still raining, but I'm on a high, just got really good news and it's Friday afternoon here.. YEAH! :D

Leena
Feb 21st, 2003, 02:59 AM
Yes. It's freezing and it snows every day here. It's damn depressing. :sad:

toreador
Feb 21st, 2003, 03:11 AM
nah...but i love being melancholic when it's raining...not all the time though

LeonHart
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:03 AM
yeah...i hate rain!! Especially on school days when the whole freakin school floods! :mad:

decemberlove
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:09 AM
i dont like extremes.

and i HATE when its grey outside but the sky is still so bright that it hurts my eyes. thats the worst cos theres no sun in sight... but the brightness surrounds everything.

i like rain. esp during the spring or fall.

dont like snow. this is too much.

hate humidity too.

i could NEVER live in florida

decemberlove
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:10 AM
oh and i LOVE rain at night... so i can fall asleep to the sweet sound of raindrops falling. its so soothing

Richie77
Feb 21st, 2003, 05:11 AM
Where I live we've had nothing but snow and cold since Christmas. Usually we'll have one big storm, then no snow for a while, but this winter it's just been constant.

All the snow and cold and snow and cold and more snow and cold has made me incredibly cranky. I'm hoping I can move further south someday and not have to deal with snow anymore!

Chance
Feb 21st, 2003, 06:06 AM
when it's gets really hot I get quite cranky but today it was raining and I was able to sleep in and I love being in bed when it's raining.

SM
Feb 21st, 2003, 07:23 AM
i woke up at 3.30am cos i had anxiety for the juniors event here beginniing today. I love watching the youngsters and possible next aussie pros :)....so the fact they said rain all day today, and again tommorow and day after really pissed me off!

what pissed me off more was going to this indoor tennis club which was a 15 min drive with 3 friends for some doubles to find out it was all-booked out!

Mitzi
Feb 21st, 2003, 07:27 AM
In Israel it's hot as hell for about 10 months every year, and I feel like crap all year, so....

caramel
Feb 21st, 2003, 07:29 AM
When its snowing or raining I usually get very aggressive and sometimes feel depressed,too. The sun is all I need to be happy.
Im currently depressed again because its so f*cking cold outside and even in my living room.

rocktheboat
Feb 21st, 2003, 08:08 AM
Yes it affects my mood a lot!When it rains i feel like crying,i feel so sad and the bad memories tend to come back a lot too :( But when the sun is shining,even if i am having problems i tend to be more positive :) Dont understand why tho :confused: