PDA

View Full Version : Get to know Kim facts - Quizlet 3

KaseyL
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:26 PM
Continuing our series of 'Kim facts' you won't find on the wta site...

Here's another question: (as the couple is three years together, I thought this one would fit in :angel: )

Do you believe that Kim's former boyfriend had to find out about Kim being with Lleyton through the Belgian media (we're talking the year 2000 here)?

Do you think that Kim is quite capable of doing such a thing and do you say: yes, she did that to this boy?

or

do you say: no! this is so unlikely, she wouldn't have done that! She would have told him that it was over.

or

do you say: LOL, no Ingrid, I won't fall in this trap of yours: she simply didn't had a boyfriend back then when she became a couple with Lleyton!

Vote!

Put your opinions in this thread, but please remind: no spoilers allowed!

Bigkimfan
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:52 PM
I think Kim didn't have a boyfriend...(although, I have noooooo idea!);)

Hawk
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:56 PM
I don't think she had a boyfriend either

Come-on-kim
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:16 PM
Yes, he learned it from the newspapers

Poor boy

Elke
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:23 PM
Nice one, Ingrid, tsk tsk!:p;)

Fieke
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:31 PM
I was present when the "Quizlet 2 facts" happened, but unfortunately I wasn't present here ;) , so this will have to be another guess I'm afraid...

~|Naomi|~
Feb 20th, 2003, 10:09 PM
A:p

Cilla
Feb 20th, 2003, 10:20 PM
A ;) It reminds me of Matt Damon dumping Minnie Driver on Oprah :p

possie
Feb 21st, 2003, 01:36 AM
Kim was pretty young when she and Lleyton started going out (only 16 years old). I don't think that she had a boyfriend before Lley, so I pick C. I wonder....did Lley have a girlfriend before Kim??? Anyone know?

Lynnsha
Feb 21st, 2003, 06:27 AM
A ;) I read it in a French newspaper :D

pruts
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:22 AM
i think it's true A:)

Lynx
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:45 AM
Again, I have NO idea. :sad:

Hm, 31 votes at the mo, but only 10 replies, that's a big help... :( I need some statements to work with.

Aargh, I don't know. Still, let me try to think this through...

1) "no Ingrid, I won't fall in this trap of yours"
See, that's too tempting. Ingrid said too much here, imo. Therefore I think there is no trap. :p So I'm going to assume there was a bf --- not very surprising, Kim's personality being what it is...

2) "She would have told him that it was over."
This is also very tempting. OF COURSE she would have... eventually. But it's not the easiest of things, as everyone who has been there will certainly acknowledge. So maybe she postponed it and the media just beat her to it...

3) "Do you think that Kim is quite capable of doing such a thing and do you say: yes, she did that to this boy?"
And this is not tempting at all! Therefore it's probably true... :D
(It is quite possible Kim wasn't too sure of Lleyton yet, so maybe she wanted to keep her previous bf "in reserve"... girls can be totally selfish in this respect, can't they :o.)

So I'm going for the first answer: the poor guy had to read in the papers. Shame on you, Kimmie!

kit
Feb 21st, 2003, 07:01 PM
I think Kim didn't have a boyfrined before Lleyton.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

KaseyL
Feb 21st, 2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Elke
Nice one, Ingrid, tsk tsk!:p;)

:angel:

ikke
Feb 21st, 2003, 08:21 PM
lol, difficult one:p
I think it's A

Emza
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:06 PM
I picked "C." Yeah thats me, picking the easy way out. Was almost picking the media one though, oooh naughty!:angel:

Ting
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:00 PM
I think C.
I cannot think of any other lucky guys apart from Lleyton.:)

Lleykimmy1
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:21 PM
I choose "C"

http://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/belgique.gifhttp://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/belgique.gifhttp://www.smilies.org/basesmilies3/belgique.gif

Maxine
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:32 PM
I would go for A, but can you blame her.....it's Lleyton!:p

Majo
Feb 24th, 2003, 06:33 PM
I hope that IF she had a boyfriend, she told him 'bout Lley before it got nin the newspapers...

but I don't really think she had a boyfriend before Lley, so I picked C ...

lleytnkim
Feb 24th, 2003, 09:00 PM
A :p ;)

keta
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:05 AM
I voted for A but this is what i heard/think- There was a guy i think he play's tennis and yes he is a belgian actually i think when the Belgians played in Africa somehwere he was there ( maybe:o ) Anyways he though kim and him were having a 'realsionship' and yes he did find out through reading a paper but kim didnt think they were having a girlfriend boyfriend relasionship!! :o Its prolly not true but oh well! :o

KaseyL
Feb 26th, 2003, 10:45 AM
so far 36 out of 53 say C ...

one day to go :D

Stefke
Feb 26th, 2003, 04:48 PM
I take A!!! I think someone ever told me that and I didn't believe it but now....A!!:bounce:

KaseyL
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:21 PM
I take A!!! I think someone ever told me that and I didn't believe it but now....A!!:bounce:

Still feeling lost in here... :sad:

anyway, happy this is back online!

THE answer then:

My dear CCLoungers: the answer was ...... Indeed, the poor guy had to find out in the Belgian media that Kim and Lleyton were an item. :o

tsts Kim :p

Congrats to the minority (16 of 56 voters) who had it right! :D

Now, what's the story behind this question:

The entire claim is made by Steven Maertens, Belgian Davis Cup captain and director of the Flemish Tennis School in Wilrijk (so he's Kim's former school director). He is the one who told this story to the Belgian press. So Kim's former boyfriend was another student in the tennis school.

Maybe Kim could explain this story a little bit LOL? :p

possie
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:34 PM
OMG :eek:

I didn't know Kim had another boyfriend before Lleyton....was it serious??......tell me more Ingrid!! I want to know everything!!

PS. I got it wrong :sad: I said C!!!!

Hawk
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:36 PM
:eek:

I was totally fooled!

Kim :o

KaseyL
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:37 PM
OMG :eek:

I didn't know Kim had another boyfriend before Lleyton....was it serious??......tell me more Ingrid!! I want to know everything!!

PS. I got it wrong :sad: I said C!!!!

LOL, ask the Belgian Davis cup captain!

Don't think it was serious, not from Kim's perspective anyway, it seems... :p

possie
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:40 PM
LOL, ask the Belgian Davis cup captain!

Don't think it was serious, not from Kim's perspective anyway, it seems... :p

It can't have been THAT serious....she was pretty young! (14/15???)

KaseyL
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:42 PM
It can't have been THAT serious....she was pretty young! (14/15???)

She was 16, almost 17.

KaseyL
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:45 PM
Again, I have NO idea. :sad:

Hm, 31 votes at the mo, but only 10 replies, that's a big help... :( I need some statements to work with.

Aargh, I don't know. Still, let me try to think this through...

1) "no Ingrid, I won't fall in this trap of yours"
See, that's too tempting. Ingrid said too much here, imo. Therefore I think there is no trap. :p So I'm going to assume there was a bf --- not very surprising, Kim's personality being what it is...

2) "She would have told him that it was over."
This is also very tempting. OF COURSE she would have... eventually. But it's not the easiest of things, as everyone who has been there will certainly acknowledge. So maybe she postponed it and the media just beat her to it...

3) "Do you think that Kim is quite capable of doing such a thing and do you say: yes, she did that to this boy?"
And this is not tempting at all! Therefore it's probably true... :D
(It is quite possible Kim wasn't too sure of Lleyton yet, so maybe she wanted to keep her previous bf "in reserve"... girls can be totally selfish in this respect, can't they :o.)

So I'm going for the first answer: the poor guy had to read in the papers. Shame on you, Kimmie!

and CONGRATS for reading the clues I had given!

possie
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:47 PM
She was 16, almost 17.

She was???? I thought she was going out with Lleyton then???

She started going out with Lley in March 2000, she was 16 years old! :confused: :confused: :confused:

KaseyL
Mar 1st, 2003, 09:58 PM
She was???? I thought she was going out with Lleyton then???

She started going out with Lley in March 2000, she was 16 years old! :confused: :confused: :confused:

She was 16 when she started with Lleyton in January 2000 (or whenever the exact date as these two seem to have a different recollection of how it started LOL) and according to the Belgian davis cup captain there was still a boy back home in Belgium who didn't had a clue until he found out in the Belgian media (oops, Kim... :o :p)

possie
Mar 1st, 2003, 10:03 PM
She was 16 when she started with Lleyton in January 2000 (or whenever the exact date as these two seem to have a different recollection of how it started LOL) and according to the Belgian davis cup captain there was still a boy back home in Belgium who didn't had a clue until he found out in the Belgian media (oops, Kim... :o :p)

Thanks for clearing that up Ingrid.....but I don't think it could have been very serious, or Kim would have told him before going out with Lleyton. But.....I'm very glad she is with Lleyton :angel: :kiss: :hearts: ....and not who-ever the other guy is/was!

Cilla
Mar 1st, 2003, 10:56 PM
lol :p glad to get one right for once ;) :p

Kim :p

duck
Mar 2nd, 2003, 11:19 AM
I got it right too. Go Kimmie, international heartbreaker and woman of mystery!:worship:

keta
Mar 2nd, 2003, 12:08 PM
:D :D I got it right! :eek: Kim!! :p:p

Ting
Mar 2nd, 2003, 12:26 PM
I wonder who that LUCKY guy was...or maybe I should say UNLUCKY because it was Kim who used to be his girlfriend :)

Stefke
Mar 2nd, 2003, 01:28 PM
:D:DI was right!!
Kim!! Shame on you:o:p

Lynx
Mar 2nd, 2003, 01:35 PM
:D !Yay! :D

That's 2 out of 3 right!! (I was totally guessing, though...)

Kim :( :o Poor guy.

Majo
Mar 2nd, 2003, 09:17 PM
looks like everybody posting on the forum goes for the same ("the one and only") avatar ;)

anywayz, kim, how could you??? :( :p hehe, my faith in you made me choose the wrong answer... :)

well, hope to guess better next time...

Hawk
Mar 3rd, 2003, 12:21 AM
I got it right too. Go Kimmie, international heartbreaker and woman of mystery!:worship:

LMAO :D

Gonzo Hates Me!
Mar 3rd, 2003, 05:29 AM
Omigod!!!!!!!!!! KIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never knew this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hahahahaha!!!!

KaseyL
Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:04 PM
FYI A new question will be up on Thursday.

possie
Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:38 PM
FYI

FYI???? What does this mean Ingrid?? :confused:

Cilla
Mar 3rd, 2003, 09:48 PM
FYI???? What does this mean Ingrid?? :confused:

For your information :)

Cilla :wavey:

possie
Mar 4th, 2003, 04:24 AM
Thanks Cilla :) :)

Emza
Mar 8th, 2003, 01:30 AM
Go Kimmie, international heartbreaker and woman of mystery!:worship:
Well, that's a quote worth remembering if there ever was one!LMAO!