PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody watch Half and Half?

Rae Q.
Feb 20th, 2003, 07:25 PM
I totally won't be surprised if not many ppl here watch but I just thought I'd ask because it's my fav new show this year. :) I know some ppl don't like it (and bag on it also :p ) because it's kinda corny and what not. It's not the greatest show ever but it's so cute and I can totally relate to Mona and Dee Dee the 2 half sisters on the show. If you just happen to watch the show do you relate more to Mona or more to Dee? I'm totally Mona but not clumsy like her and I dance just like Dee Dee. :o Also their moms are a total crack up! :D My mom is kinda like both their moms put together but a little more like Mona's mom.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid52/p4b03100ce96102ddcc554bf720003b05/fc9c2cfb.jpg

Rocketta
Feb 20th, 2003, 08:09 PM
sorry Rae I've never seen it or heard of it. :o

Rae Q.
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Rocketta no problem. :) It's on UPN Monday nights after Girlfriends at 9:30.

Joy don't worry and you're not missing that much. It's not very funny but it's just nice to see some different kind of black characters. Mona is boho-ish (her clothes rock in my opinion- kind of boutique meets Salvation army look) and kinda ditsy and Dee Dee is sweet and kinda BAPish. It's more like Girlfriends than the Parkers. ;)

If it means anything lol Half and Half is so much better than Abby that really corny show with Sidney Poitier's daughter and Kadeem Hardison. :rolleyes:

Cam'ron Giles
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:37 PM
I have seen it a few times...no big whoop...:o

Rae Q.
Feb 20th, 2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by TopShotta
I have seen it a few times...no big whoop...:o

Totally! :) Topshotta I'm glad you said that because I didn't want Joy (or Rocketta) to get their hopes up. ;)

The one episode I really liked was when Mona went out with that fine brotha who played Eve's man in Barbershop and he thought she acted (and danced) too "white" for him. :o That's happened to one of my best friends Lisa and she was really upset at first but then she got over it and accepted that she was a still sista even if she couldn't get her groove on. Poor thing lol ;)