PDA

View Full Version : Mrs Guga!


Light-skinned Girl
Feb 18th, 2003, 10:49 PM
Check your messages. ;)

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 19th, 2003, 11:51 PM
Hey my fellow *rocker chick*! :wavey: Did you get my pm?

King Satan
Feb 20th, 2003, 12:09 AM
fellow rocker chick? :cool:

LSG, where in northridge do you live? i live like right across the street from northridge hospital, right next to the chucky cheese's :)

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 20th, 2003, 12:21 AM
Hey! Um, I saw I had a new PM recently, but I when I went to the inbox, and this was yesterday, nothing new was there. Just some old crap from The Guy! Hahaha!! J/k!

Barrie_Dude
Feb 20th, 2003, 02:41 PM
Hi Mrs. G!:wavey: :kiss:

King Satan
Feb 21st, 2003, 08:37 AM
Crap? :eek:

I see you out there, go to bed :p

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 21st, 2003, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by TheGuy
fellow rocker chick? :cool:

LSG, where in northridge do you live? i live like right across the street from northridge hospital, right next to the chucky cheese's :)

Joe I guess you *deleted* my private messages. Don't you remember I'm *currently* in Valencia. And *sorry* I'm not looking for a boyfriend. :p

Mrs Guga it's ok. I just *hope* you're not keeping your *distance* from me because you're worried about *others* will think. :rolleyes: We're the *same* type of black girl but maybe you're *not* comfortable with that.

King Satan
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:26 PM
I just remember you saying you went to school in valencia, but i didn't know you lived there.

I'm not looking for a girlfriend either lol.

plus, you're too old for me :p

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by TheGuy
I just remember you saying you went to school in valencia, but i didn't know you lived there.

I'm not looking for a girlfriend either lol.

plus, you're too old for me :p

Good! :D Although I was *confused* when you pmed out of the blue as if you wanted to go out or something. :rolleyes:

King Satan
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:35 PM
No lol, i was just curious, cos your location said Northridge, and i just wanted to get to know you, since you're the only person from here :)

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by TheGuy
No lol, i was just curious, cos your location said Northridge, and i just wanted to get to know you, since you're the only person from here :)

Yeah right. :p

King Satan
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:39 PM
lol for reals :D

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by TheGuy
lol for reals :D

Then how come you made me feel *guilty* like I was trying to blow you off?!
You're were doing the *typical* guy thing of trying to talk to a girl. :p

King Satan
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:50 PM
omg whatever lmao :D

ok ok, i was kinda looking for a date. :o:angel:

I'm a really nice guy, you should get to know me :angel:

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by TheGuy
omg whatever lmao :D

ok ok, i was kinda looking for a date. :o:angel:

I'm a really nice guy, you should get to know me :angel:

You see! I *knew* it!!! :p And you *thought* you were being so slick! lol

King Satan
Feb 21st, 2003, 10:54 PM
But hey, atleast i tried :p

Hey, what kind of dancing do you do? you're a dancer, right??

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by TheGuy
But hey, atleast i tried :p

Hey, what kind of dancing do you do? you're a dancer, right??

Modern and ballet. Sorry I know you were expecting a *stripper*. You see I know how you guys are. :p

King Satan
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:05 PM
No lol, i wasn't expecting that. I don't think they teach that at uni, do they? lol

Do you ever perform? i'd love to see you dance some time :)

I'm a wannabe guitarist, maybe i can play some music for you and you can show me some of your moves ;)

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by TheGuy
No lol, i wasn't expecting that. I don't think they teach that at uni, do they? lol

Do you ever perform? i'd love to see you dance some time :)

I'm a wannabe guitarist, maybe i can play some music for you and you can show me some of your moves ;)

Oh Joe you are *relentless*. First you say I'm too *old* and now you're trying ask me out again. :p Where' Mrs Guga? I know she'd completely laugh her butt off at this. ;)

King Satan
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:13 PM
:)

I'm not asking you out :p you're too old :p

I don't know where nwando is :confused: she never signs on msn anymore :(

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:15 PM
Joe I have to go teach now. Catch you *later*. I'm *not* going to be around this weekend but I'll chat with you *soon*. See ya! :wavey: And Joe *please* call me Charnele. :p

Mrs Guga please *don't* be afraid. I'm just another *black rocker chick* like you and Joy. :cool:

King Satan
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:16 PM
So, what are you doing tonight? ;)

King Satan
Feb 21st, 2003, 11:16 PM
Ok byeeeeee :wavey:

cya next week :)

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by bajangurl
Charnele- if i may call you that- i do like rock (although you seemed to not believe me when i asked you about Cold Play) but i also like all kinds of other music, so i don't define myself as such (black rocker chick)...i'm surprised that you do:confused: I thought you were the type that didn't like to be placed in such 'narrow' boxes........ especially one that had the word *black* in it...tell me you are being tongue n cheek about it:wavey:

Joy *of course* you can call me Charnele! Lol@*tongue-in-cheek* Well I am and I'm *not*. I think the term "black rocker chick" is funny but the truth is that I *am* a black rocker chick. I love going to gigs and seeing *live* music.
I *don't* like being "categorized" but there's something *fun* and *sarcastic* about "black rocker chick". ;) It's true that I *don't* like my race to be the *first* thing that people notice about me but Joy I think you and some of the other black posters got the impression that I was *ashamed* to be black because of my username but that's *not* true. :) Thanks for being *civil*. I'll try to be, too. :wavey:

Charnele

King Satan
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:33 PM
Hi Carnele :wavey:

Did you have fun this weekend? :)

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:36 PM
Hey Joe! :) What's Mrs Guga's *first* name? It used to be her screen name but I *forgot* it.

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by TheGuy
Hi Carnele :wavey:

Did you have fun this weekend? :)

Excuse me JoeL? :p You *forgot* the "h". CHarnele! :p The weekend was *great*, *tiring* but fun. :) How was yours? You got out trying to get with chicks? :p

King Satan
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:38 PM
Nwando :hearts:

I love that name :)

King Satan
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:40 PM
:o sorry about the missed H :o

Boring weekend. I'm not a party kinda guy, so i just chilled and played some tunes as usual :)

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by TheGuy
Nwando :hearts:

I love that name :)

That's it! *THANKS*! I knew it was something *ethnic*. ;)

King Satan
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:50 PM
You're welcome :)

Do you watch b ball CHarnele?

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 25th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by TheGuy
You're welcome :)

Do you watch b ball CHarnele?

B ball? Baseball *or* basketball? I watch *baseball* but sorry I *don't* care for basketball at all.

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 26th, 2003, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by bajangurl
well, Charnele, i saw that other thread you started and i can't help but think that you are a bit of a *trouble-maker*, but i can dig being *cheeky*;) I am at times.... You seem a bit surprised that i can be *civil*, believe me, i am more civil in real life than the person you came in contact with in that first thread but i speak my mind and i am a very multi-faceted person- i can be just as sarcastic, obnoxious as the best of them but I'm a fairly mature person, who enjoys being silly at times but would rather stay away from the name-calling etc....don't get me wrong, i am in a mood for that too sometimes ;) So, for a variety of reasons, i have decided to not respond to that thread....but perhaps i might go in and enjoy some of the mud-slinging:eek:

Like i said, i enjoy a wide variety of music but of late, i've been listening to a lot of 'chick' music, if you will (music by females).....My 'play-list' this week was:

Dido- No Angel
Alanis Morisette- Jagged Little Pill
Tracy Chapman- Fast Car
Natalie Merchant- Ophelia- love that CD:)
Maxwell- Embrya
Tori Amos- Scarlet's Walk
Angie Stone
Mystic
Prince- Hits I & II


Rock i am currently digging:
1. Audioslave's current single, my honey has the CD but i didnt' even bother listening to it but now that i have seen the current single on MTV, i will go give it a listen:)

2. Red Hot Chili Pepper's current single- can't remember the name

3. Cold Play

I liked Incubus' first CD but i didn't much care for the last one!!

I like Korn & System of A Down.............

I have to say i don't go to live shows that often- like rap, i don't think i would be able to take an entire hour of rock music---classic or soft rock- yes..........

so what shows have you been too lately?

and your perception of Mrs Guga- i don't know if that is true- she seems very comfortable talking about what she likes on this board..maybe for other reasons she is not comfortable or perhaps, she hasn't even seen the thread??

I still find some of what you have said on here about the subject of being black a bit *contradictory* and i think that as much as you say that you don't see things in 'terms' of color, that you really do...but that is neither here or there...at this point....i think:confused:

Joy we'll *probably* bump heads again and that's fine! ;) I like the people you listed *but* a little too much on the "Lilith Fair" side. :p PJ Harvey and Liz Phair are two of my faves *but* get me in a *pensive* mood and it's *Tori* all the way. Incubus I like but they reminded me *too* much of Blender after awhile. Korn is *fantastic* live (saw them up in the Bay Area 4 years ago) but I can't just sit around and listen to them. The *car* is actually better to crank them up.

I see a lot of local bands and I'm even a *groupie* (county gigs *only* - too busy to schlep to Arizona and Nevada for their shows) for a local Orange County band (where No Doubt's from) called Diamond Leech. Seeing live "real" music with *no* computer programming is why I'm a rocker at heart. :)

What rock singers/bands have you seen live?

I *won't* elaborate on Nwando. She *is* open but we'll leave at that for now. :o

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 27th, 2003, 12:23 AM
Joy if you only listen to *one* of Polly Jean's cds please choose "Dry" from '92! So *great* with depth and energy. "Oh My Lover" is my favorite! :D

"Lilith Fair" is nice but *sometimes* I feel they need to kick up the energy *several* notches. ;)

I have to get ready for a class at 6:00. Talk to you later! *Bye*
:wavey:

CC
Feb 27th, 2003, 12:24 AM
Hey Joy!

I think I classify as the Lilith Fair type too. I went to the concert in 1999. I really really hope Sarah Mclachlan will return soon.:)

Now about your list: I've got 5 out of 9.

Dido- (my fave on the album is Isobel; very mysterious song)
Tracey Chapman
Natalie Merchant
Alanis Morissette
Angie Stone

Gonzo Hates Me!
Feb 27th, 2003, 02:46 AM
LSG, I have no insecurities. When I come to Non-Tennis, I just post in whatever I see on page 1 and then look to see if there have been any replies in my own threads. So it's not like I am avoiding you. I just don't see everything dear

I don't think of myself as a rocker chick. In fact, I don't like a lot of black rocker chick girls who identify themselves solely on that, no offense, because they don't like to associate with other black people. It's just so lame and petty. I hope you're not like that. Truth be told, I am not every black girl's favorite black girl. Some people think I am not "black" enough. LOL! Oops

But I am not trying to be anything. I just am. And people misinterpret me or whatever. Don't care. I think you've misinterpreted me, but not too negatively.

I can't identify as any one thing anyway. I mean, my whole family is Nigerian and I've grown-up with all the beautiful things about this country in my life. I'm not some Americanized little thing. Hehe

Well, I like all types of music. I like to go to gigs too. But I haven't been to one in a year+. God hates me and always ruins my plans. :D

Light-skinned Girl
Feb 27th, 2003, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by Mrs_Guga
LSG, I have no insecurities. When I come to Non-Tennis, I just post in whatever I see on page 1 and then look to see if there have been any replies in my own threads. So it's not like I am avoiding you. I just don't see everything dear

I don't think of myself as a rocker chick. In fact, I don't like a lot of black rocker chick girls who identify themselves solely on that, no offense, because they don't like to associate with other black people. It's just so lame and petty. I hope you're not like that. Truth be told, I am not every black girl's favorite black girl. Some people think I am not "black" enough. LOL! Oops

But I am not trying to be anything. I just am. And people misinterpret me or whatever. Don't care. I think you've misinterpreted me, but not too negatively.

I can't identify as any one thing anyway. I mean, my whole family is Nigerian and I've grown-up with all the beautiful things about this country in my life. I'm not some Americanized little thing. Hehe

Well, I like all types of music. I like to go to gigs too. But I haven't been to one in a year+. God hates me and always ruins my plans. :D

Nwando I've been told I'm *not* "black" enough, too, so I know how you feel. I get so sick of this *monolithic* mentality among blacks. :rolleyes: